• Published 19th Jun 2014
  • 683 Views, 9 Comments

The Art of Magic III: Reality of the Facility - Rarity Belle



Rarity's corruption with the wastes of the Facility has only just begun. Though the place is in much deeper trouble then any of them could have ever thought. The clock is ticking and the lives are on the line as the city will change forever.

  • ...
4
 9
 683

Epilogue

So it came to be that the end of the infamous and deadly Magic Facility lost all three of its officials in just one day. One day that changed the lives of every last unicorn that lived in the monarch of Equestria itself. One day that would never be spoken about anywhere or by anypony outside of the massive city of steam and arcane. A day that also sounded a new era of unicorn might.

With the three of them locked inside of the time lock, the effects that were supposed to be happening had themselves reversed. Somehow, somewhere things turned out for the worst for the three of them. One heartbeat for them was actually ten years in the world outside of the locked bubble. Of course there were many who actually tried to break the thing over time. Though with the magic of Rarity, Trixie and Twilight combined, it was literally impossible to break it with any power available in the city.

The expression upon their faces throughout time would remain those filled with hatred and anger for the other. The triangle in which they stood was a clear indication of just how the hierarchy worked within the whole building. It wasn't something pretty or to be proud on. If anything, it was a failed system that was based on ancient myths and lore.

Yet out of it all, there was one thing that was more than certain to everypony. Which was that nopony who would be living in the mighty unicorn city of Tol Ret Nac on that day, would live to see the day that the three of them would leave their lock on the top of the Platinum Tower. Perhaps the grandchildren of the grandchildren of the grandchildren of the grandchildren of the children that were playing in the streets would be the first to see the three of them out of it again.

But either way, they three of them were locked solidly in time. They would be taken out of history in one magical swoop and the Magic Facility turned into nothing more than a death factory.

---

Speaking about the very place itself, with nopony to run the shots there properly, it was only chaos that lived inside of the place. Nothing was what it used to be anymore. All of the ponies who were working within the place knew it. Days went by and turned into months before the place reached its absolute boiling point. There was no turning back to avoid disaster, not anymore.

Without the place being run the way it was supposed to be, there was only the chaos that would be taking over and in the end it was the failures within the machinery that were used to keep the place going without a hitch that just stopped and came a dangerous hold. Everything appeared like it was going to blow one day sooner or later and all of the employee's knew that fact. The product that they would be making, the very magic of Equestria, would become a powerful force that was just floating through the air for any unicorn to be picking up. Just like the wonderful lies always said to every little unicorn.

That was exactly what happened over the gears of time. All of the souls had gotten out of the place through luck and chance, they all watched just how the whole Magic Facility started to crumble to dust and the sheets of metal curved inwards due to the powerful implosion that happened somewhere deep inside of it.

When the explosion itself finally happened, was all of the magic still left inside was being shot right through the shield that surrounded the mythical city. Something that left massive holes within it. Yet all of the unicorns suddenly felt it. They felt that the forces were all around them. Not just in the city but everywhere in the land of Equestria.

Perhaps it was the greatest gift that the place had ever given to the world, meaning that there wouldn't be any more class system about half, true or unworthy. Because from that day forward, all unicorns were seen as equals to one another.

But the city? The city itself remained in its infamous secret reality. All of the holes were closed over time. But if some dared to look into the last hole to be closed, just before it was sealed for all eternity, there was something to be sees. For the very eye of the ancient professor Cosmos could be seen peeking over the whole of the city before it closed together with the last gap.

The factory’s leaders locked in time and unaware of the changes around them. It’s workers lost and stayed as refugees in the city itself. Those who were still caught in the place were returned back home and swore to never speak about it. Future generations of unicorns would be able to live unharmed through time. A gift and curse at the same time in some eyes.

"That’s the tale of the Magic Facility. Its infamy, its secrecy, and its reality."

Comments ( 2 )

After having finally sat down and reading all three stories to this series I thought that asides from a few spelling mistakes here and there, overall I thought you did a good job in composing this story. I thought you did a good job with the characterisations of Rarity, Twi and Trixie. I thought the overall plot to this story to be interesting and I admit that it was actually cool to take the whole "pegasus+test=death" principle (that had produced so many horrid prequels/sequels/endings) and to turn into the direction of Unicorns failing said test and then getting killed was indeed a cool idea. I really liked your OC's that you created.

I wish I had honestly read this a lot earlier because simply put I really liked reading this and I think you are one heck of a good author, and damn you definitely know how to write a good dark story. I shall dive into your other works and indeed comment when I can.

Keep up the fabulous work Darling!

-Frost:raritywink:

5602490 There is nothing else that I can say, outside of a massive thank you for the comment. While it is true the plot has been overused, I still managed to give it my own little spin. Something that seemingly worked out for the better. As for the OC's, having just canon characters in there isn't really something too interesting, now is there? OC's, especially this bunch, are something I love to create as they all have strengths and, especially in these tales, have massive flaws.

Time come and goes they say. One only has so many hours per day that can be used to do things. And as I say more often then not, my stories don't go anywhere, they just grow larger in size. Once more do I want to thank you for your words as they are something amazing to read. Dark stories have made their way to my specialty shall we say and I hope you will enjoy my other works just as much as you did these three.

That I indeed tend to do my dear. That I indeed tend to do no matter what.

Login or register to comment