• Published 19th Jun 2014
  • 683 Views, 9 Comments

The Art of Magic III: Reality of the Facility - Rarity Belle



Rarity's corruption with the wastes of the Facility has only just begun. Though the place is in much deeper trouble then any of them could have ever thought. The clock is ticking and the lives are on the line as the city will change forever.

  • ...
4
 9
 683

Chapter 1

The Magic Facility had only recently docked again in the very place where it always had to be standing. It stood tall and filled with pride on the outskirts of the infamous and forgotten unicorn capital city, Tol Ret Nac. A city that was cast in the purest of platinum and the home of the last great unicorn princess, Platinum herself. Secrecy was the thing that always filled the city, but the time to discover the reality had fallen upon each and every last one of them.

Shortly after the building had docked itself back in the floating city, the manager of the place had gone insane. Rarity had actually infused herself with the waste products of the Facility. Something that resulted in her becoming even more insane than she already happened to be. Not to mention leaving her perhaps ten times more powerful.

Yet her actions didn't go unnoticed. A mare who worked in the waste department, saw the actions that happened to Rarity and couldn't even believe the things that her own eyes saw. Nopony had ever been even able to merge themselves with the waste products of magic makery.

Everything seemed impossible and could be questioned at that moment, but the sheer powers the ivory coated mare gained from it, was perhaps even more terrifying than anything else at the moment inside of the whole Facility.

---

She had fled to some of the upper levels. She had knocked on both doors of both Trixie and Twilight themselves. The two under officials appeared to be in the same room and Trixie opened the door with a bit of a tired looking face. “I hope you are having a good reason for disrupting us two. Speak your words if you value your life right now,” she spoke while her eyes looked almost dangerously into the eyes of the other mare. The employee released a deep gulp as she tried to figure out the words she needed to speak and regain herself from the threat made.

Twilight on the other end just still laid upon the bed with a devious smirk clearly visible upon her face and rolled herself a bit around. Only to end up shaking her head in denial or some other emotion. The mare in the suit looked over the shoulders of Trixie for a moment before focusing back upon her. “Well? I’m still waiting and my patience is running thin.”

The threat wasn't exactly the thing that the employee had expected to come. The mare shook her head a little bit. Then she told them the story as she knew how everything happened. A tale that caught the interest of Trixie as well as Twilight's. Though it was the mulberry unicorn who turned herself back to face them both and spoke up her words on the matter. “That’s not even possible. Nopony can be having such control in their body that they could be absorbing the wastes of magic and use it in their own. It’s, it’s just not possible without side effect. What else, did you see?”

“N-Nothing miss, after I discovered, w-what the manager was doing, I, I came straight to you two to warn about her. She’s dangerous and two know it. She’ll be the death, of the whole unicorn race if things continue!” the mare who still wore a full on hazard suit without a helmet, spoke against Twilight. It was mere seconds afterward that she realized the tone she had spoken in and took a step back. “S-Sorry, I, I shouldn't have said that. I apologize.”

Trixie on the other end looked over her with a mixed opinion and allowed a deep sigh to be released through her nostrils. The piercing violet rimmed eyes just stared at her before she gave a shake with her head. “It’s highly unlikely that it can’t be used and if Rarity has discovered a way. Well, let’s just say that doomsday is knocking at our door. You’re dismissed, return back to your station and continue with your job. Twilight and myself shall be discussing the matter further in private before taking action.”

The half suited mare gave the two a small salute and then retreated from the floor. Trixie closed the door behind her and dropped down on the bed. She snuggled up against Twilight and allowed a forehoof to travel over her chest. “You think she really could have done something like that, Twi?” Trixie asked before she rested her head in the neck of the other mare.

“If I only knew. Ever since she had killed her own sister right in front of her eyes and absorbed her powers, Rarity has been different,” Twilight softly returned to her. She closed the eyes for a moment or two. “It’s devastating you know, I still dream about her from time to time, seeing her lying on the ground in five or six pieces. But I wasn't there when it happened, only Rarity was.”

“You know how I think about emotions and family, right? Do Suppose it is my saving grace that none of them are in here. Had to do a lot of work when I wanted to actually cover up every last bit of family records before entering this place. I lied a lot actually, to get in here.” Trixie replied in an honest sounding tone. A tone which she only dared to speak against Twilight and her alone.

“Perhaps it is indeed your saving grace, Trix, but one thing is more than certain, Rarity has gone mad and there isn't much that we can be doing to stop it, other than to stop herself,” Twilight said. She then gave a gentle kiss upon the cheek of Trixie. Deep in her mind she was tinkering on just what could be done in order to get Rarity back on the straight path, if that was even an option.

“And you’re proposing what, kill her?”

“…Still working on that actually.”

---

With the hazard suit wearing mare dismissed from the higher officials, she walked through the many halls and staircases of the Facility in order to go back to her own station. Though along the way she couldn't help but to notice the fact that something seemed a little bit off and odd. The hallways were much darker for her feelings. Almost as if somepony had turned down the lights for whatever reason there might have been behind. It’s a something that freaks her out for life, who knew what dangers could be lurking within the deep of the darkness.

Only the red of magic and blood could be clearly seen and created some form of strange light. Step by step did the unicorn look all around her for figures. Her mind began to play tricks with herself. She was truly terrified for her life and she had all the reasons to be just that. Even if nopony was haunting or hunting her, it still felt that way for her body and mind.

Step by step did she came closer to an intersection. With care she peeked into both sides before the turn right was made. She had to reach the end for the staircase that would bring her back to her own grounds. All while her heart was beating in her throat like mad. Never in her entire life had she been so scared as the moment it was there and then. Anything could have happened and she wasn't prepared for even one possible thing.

Yet after she walked a couple of hooves into the hallway, there was this feeling of something coiling around her body. The eyes went wide and she dared to turn her head around. Only to be pulled right into a place in between a set of pipes, disappearing from the hall without a trace.

Frightened by the fact that it might have been actually Rarity herself who managed to kidnap the mare for talking, the eyes were firmly shut. The mare was terrified for her life and she crawled up against the furthest away wall and gently rose upon her hind legs. It made her smaller in size but set some parts of the suit were skintight. Words and screams wanted to leave her just so badly but all she could be doing was to release muffled ones.

A hoof had placed itself right over her mouth in order to redeem the volume she could be screaming, if not raging. The mare needed to calm down if she even wanted to have a clue of what was really going on around her. That was perhaps something easier said than done. Not to mention that due to her imagination, thousands of ways of ending her life did their turn through her mind. Anything from being dropped in the wastes to a single ticket to the death floor. Anything was possible in her mind and everything could happen.

Though none of those things actually did happen. Though it still caused the tears to fall out of her eyes and over her cheeks. Muffled pleads for her life were being made in the vain and vague hope that some mercy would be shown to her. She could just pray on a good ending as the eyes were still tightly shut against one another. And from the looks that were given could be concluded they wouldn't open that easily or soon.

While she began to cry in that back part of the hallway, the darkness that she could see was her only hope of not seeing the monsters that were used to scare the fillies and colts with as nightmare stories. But one glance upon the monster, might have changed all of that. She holy believed in the fact that it was in fact Rarity who had managed to find her and wanted to kill her.

She couldn't be further from the truth in fact.

While the tears continued to stream from her cheeks, the mare suddenly felt a hoof going up against both of her cheeks and caught the tears up with the soft hairs of the coat. It was something that was everything but expected by her. Nothing in the whole wide world would have been able to prepare her for the levels of care given to her in that moment. It was something that caused her to do something she hadn't done in a long time. And that was to open her eyes just a little bit.

Just that little bit to see who was taking care for her in that moment. She needed to know for sure. The mare needed to know who was holding her in such a position. The mare said a couple of prayers in her head before one of the eyes opened itself with care to about one quarter of the way.

Within the eyes itself she caught the many pipes and the metal wall behind them as the eyeball orientated just where in the facility she could actually have been. With the hoof still pressed against her mouth, talking was actually made pretty much impossible and perhaps even useless of the wrong soul was holding her.

That was the biggest fright she had in the moment, if the wrong soul was there, holding her, death was imminent, but by would the other pony remain so silent then? It was a little something that was hard to notice in the situation as it was though. Yet it was caught up by the mare as her eyeball turned itself up and down and to the right. But never to the left. It never, ever even dared itself to turn to the left. Because that meant seeing the devil herself and in person.

Perhaps it was the thing that she needed to be doing though, just forget her fears and dare to look straight into the eyes of a madmare. But then again, she never had been the toughest of mares around the place. That was why she was planted in charge of the waste control. Death and blood never had been a good thing in her eyes. Though she didn't question the manners in which magic was actually created.

More and more prayers were being made. She had to be certain that her little slice of heaven would have been reserved. Very slowly did the eyeball turn. It turned itself away from the pipes and gently moved itself over to the hoof in the hope of something good. With a set of twitching eyelids, she allowed her eye to fall upon the hoof for the fraction of a second, but then shit it again.

The sheer fears and frights that were racing through her, caused her to hallucinate and make them actually a reality. While the sounds of the pipes and the machinery did the turn in her ears for the first time since she arrived in the darkened hall, it almost sounded like a clock which struck the hour. The hour of her own death.

---

Whether it was true or not, she caught just a shimmer of the hoof that held her against the wall and kept her mouth shut. And in her mind was the color translation made over to white. As white as ivory and only one pony in the place had such a color. The tears began to stream even harder from her eyes as she tried to speak up again in an attempt to reason.

Death had been postponed for long enough if she wanted her dead. So there was still a reason that something else could have been wanted. Not that it mattered much to the mare though. She was still terrified and with her heart continue to beat inside of her throat, literally everything and anything could be made wise to her.

The eyelids quickly placed themselves back over the eye before she released a deep and defeated sigh right in the hoof. In her eyes it was nopony else then Rarity who stood there. So the only thing that she could be down was to pray for a quick death to happen. But most likely it wouldn't even be allowed for her. It would have been that very thought that caused the feeling of defeat to sink in even deeper inside of her body and mind.

Yet among the darkness there is always that little shimmer of light, as the saying goes. Light at the end of the tunnel, some could have been called it. Even in the case of the mare, that was the truth. There was a shushing that couldn't have been done in Rarity’s voice. She heard it through the tears while those were continued to be wiped away from her face. It was something that surprised the unicorn perhaps more than she ever could have expected.

Though the surprises didn't end just with that because of the fact that the pony right in front of her, actually and finally spoke up against her. And the thing that surprised her the most, had to be the simple and single fact that it was a stallion who said the words against her. “Listen, I’m going to take my hoof off of you, but you need to agree on one or two things before I do it. Nod if you understand me,” the male voice spoke to her, quietly. There was only one thing that the mare could be doing in response to it, and that was to give just that simple nod to the pony.

“Very good. Now for my conditions, no screaming and no fighting. I’m not here to harm you, I’m not here to help you either. I’m here for information. You understand?” the voice said to her. It was both a thing that seemed to be a little bit unbelievable, as well as expected. For the entire place always have been a bit of a free for all when it came to surviving.

Yet she still gave the stallion’s voice a nod that she understood the thing that was asked of her. “Very well then.” With those final words was the hoof finally removed from the mouth which was allowed to breath in deeply again. The hoof was then placed upon the ground and the eyes of the mare opened themselves wide. After everything she had been through, she wanted to see just who had managed to sandwich both her and himself into a side corridor of a hallway.

The mare looked over a stallion with a crimson red coloring, almost as red as the blood in the waste while the horn was something unique. For it actually curved up a bit. It was rare to see a unicorn with a curved horn to begin with but seeing one in person, as an employee of the hellhole even, that was something she never expected.

Yet out of everything, there were two more features that caused the mare to tilt her head. The first one being the little interesting fact that he happened to be bald upon his entire skull. The second being those clear blue rimmed eyes. Eyes that spoke, if not screamed, the words that had been on his mind. The mare looked deep into the eyes of the stallion and heard the questions asked in her own mind, but the answers weren't for the faint of heart.

---

In the meantime and high up in her office was Rarity still looking over the many arcane monitors with a set of devious eyes. She spied every single inch for suspicious behavior within the holding cells. She wanted to make certain that they would die with the fright clearly in their eyes. But she also needed to make certain that perhaps any form of resistance was drilled right back into the ground.

The black goo that had covered her four hooves in a flaming pattern and her horn only seemed to be crawling up her legs at a terribly slow rate. It was trying to take control of the body and it resulted in her fighting a constant battle. A battle which Rarity didn't even knew was going on inside of her. The unicorn mare she was too focused upon the tasks that laid ahead of her.

All while the corruption of her body flowed clearly and calmly through her body. She brought a forehoof towards her chin and rubbed it gently before her senses felt something unusual to say the least. The black goo that she had been rubbing against her chin, almost felt like a type of leather she would have used in her ancient dresses. “Now this, this is something interesting indeed,” the unicorn spoke up to herself as she held the hoof in front of her eyes and looked at it from all sides.

“Truly remarkable,” was added to the state before she released a chuckle and left her chair. Her body was being carried over to the massive window that looked over the divided production floor of the magic and she simply gained a massive smirk across her face. Only to disappear in the sheer light, that was being created by the magic that was being poured into the chimney before shot away into the skies.

---

“I know you have the reasons to mistrust me, or not trust me at all, but I need to know lass, I need to know what has happened to the manager,” the crimson red coated, bold stallion asked to the mare whose very suit stood more skintight on certain places. With the both of them standing upon their hind legs, it would have only been a matter of time before they would be discovered by anything.

“Look, I don’t even know your name or where you’re from. I’m not even sure if I myself know what’s going on,” the mare replied to him in a desperate tone. She looked through the openings in the hope nopony was coming through the hallway.

“Name’s Corron, lass, work down in the moving department. But you, you work in the waste section, the last place she had been seen before she went inside,” replied Corron to her. He desperately tried to get the answers that he needed from her. “I don’t want to hurt you, but if I have to in order to get the answers out of you, I will.” And it was that those final words, that the mare turned herself back around to face him eye to eye. Being hurt by a stallion of his size was about the last thing that she would have personally wanted.

“She has changed obviously, black spots all over her body and it happened after she entered the department. So you tell me right here, and preferably right now, just what on earth had been going on in there!” Corron whispered in a shout to her. “Because I don’t know if you have seen it, but the way she was moving through the moving department, was everything but friendly. From the looks of it, she could have incinerated all of us down there in the blink of an eye. And if there’s one thing I don’t wanna do now, missy, it’s to die.”

The eyes of the mare only became bigger and bigger the more she listened to the story of Corron. It made her feel like it was her fault for some reason. It all felt like her fault in a degree or two. She was the only pony who perhaps could have stopped Rarity from gaining the powers, if she wasn't thrown out of the room as a whole.

“A-Alright, I’ll tell you, but you have to promise me that you won’t hurt me at all,” the mare said to him before she gave him a dead serious look. “I don’t want to hurt you either.”

Corron just smirked a bit before he gave her a nod. Even though it seemed like he wouldn't end with words of his own, he still did it. “Heh, means we finally have made some common ground. But tell it quickly, then we both can get out of here.” His eyes looked to the pipes and she knew almost immediately just what he meant with it.

The mouth of the mare opened itself in order to tell the tale as she knew it, every last event up into the moment he took her was being told to the stallion almost without a doubt in her voice. Every last memory was being accessed with the greatest of interest and care. All of the facts baffled the stallion more and more while he kept on listening to her.

---

“For crying aloud, you can’t be serious here right? We have a waste monster walking around and the two of them are just talking like it has been nothing?!” Corron spat out. He rubbed his face with a foreleg. Out of everything that he could have expected and thought about, that was about one of the last things that could have come to his mind. Pretty much a direct slap in the face for every single pony who had been working in the departments to keep everything safe. If they tried, that was.

“It’s honestly what happened. And now, I just fear for my life and can’t help to think she’s everywhere now,” the suited mare said to him. When she was done, she lowered her head a little bit and sighed deep. The weight that was on her shoulders, the visions before her eyes, were too much.

“She’s everywhere actually. She could be standing in the opening here and we wouldn't even knew she was. Dangerous times are ahead of us now, lass, dangerous times,” Corron said before he looked over to the opening that was just wide enough for them to walk through on their four legs.

The mare herself rose her head back up to him as if she was having a question she wanted to ask. Two perhaps. “But tell me, Corron, why do you go through all of this trouble, just to get to me or the information? I mean, it’s spooky. And what do you think is the best thing that we can be doing in order to make it out, alive?” she asked of him.

It were words that caused the stallion to chuckle before he turned his head back to her. Their eyes met one another almost straight in the middle and the lips of the stallion first curled themselves up into a smirk. “The lights here have never worked and it’s the only way things that need to go down from the offices, can go down. But what I think we should be doing? Now there’s a good question actually. Suppose we just continue our jobs and stay out of her eyes for as much as possible,” he replied to her. It was a good plan, but if it would work was another question.

“But, what about your department? I mean, we’re docked to the city, just a little maintenance crew is all that’s needed now.” In response to those words did Corron release a small nod. Then he squeezed himself out of the hole and held out a hoof for the mare. She took with a small giggle before gently being pulled out by him.

“Can’t say I ain't a gentlecolt. But what will come of us, is Keeton’s place to decide. He's the head of the department, we’ll see how it is all going down,” the stallion spoke to her before he disappeared in the darkness of the hallway.

Not even the time to say their goodbyes was granted to one another. But perhaps it was the best that way. Personal affection for another worker wasn't the thing that was appreciated by the higher ranks of the place. Yet through all of the machinery she still heard the hooves of the stallion going down the staircase. With a gentle smile that formed itself below the muzzle, the suited mare dropped back to all four of her legs and released a sigh in relief.

A sigh that was both meant to show herself that she was still alive, and that her suit didn't stood skintight anymore on a few certain places.

---

All the way back on the officials floor, were both Twilight and Trixie still talking to one another just they could have been doing in order to help Rarity. “We can always just place her in the devices with a couple of magical restrainers and actually process her. Imagine how long we can run this place with that alone,” Trixie suddenly brought forth. She rose up from the bed all of the sudden. Her nose made a couple of twitching motions as if she wanted or needed to sneeze.

“Yeah right, and who is going to be the new manager then hm? You, me? Both maybe?” Twilight replied to her before she opened her eyes. “Processing Rarity is nothing but insanity at its finest, Trix and you know that just as well as I do. No, there must be something else that we can do to her. Something that maybe doesn’t involve murdering the living daylight out of her.”

It seemed like the mulberry unicorn was completely oblivious to the fact that Trixie’s nose was twitching the way it did. And before either of the two knew it, there was the sneeze itself. Under a loud sound Trixie fell back on the bed and released a growl afterward. “What if, we go to that doctor of ours with her, and ask him to take out all of her blood and clean that? Might be working.”

“Tis not a bad idea, I give you that. If it weren't for the fact that it could kill Rarity when done wrong. But you’re right, the magic that is flowing through a unicorn, goes through the veins. Even if it is corrupted like all hell, it still should be able to actually to clean it up. Just got to hope she isn't too far gone. Oh and, bless you,” Twilight replied before she snuggled up against Trixie once again.

“Thanks,” she replied with a small smile while the snuggles were being returned. “So the plan is to catch her, get her to the doctor and see how it goes from there?” The plan itself seemed to have been forged out of the insanity itself, yet there was this marge that something inside of it would actually have been able to work.

“That’s the plan pretty much laid out right there love. But Rarity doesn't allow herself to be caught that easily. Still needs a bit of fine tuning.” Twilight replied with a gentle smile, “Still, Tol Ret Nac, ancient city of the unicorns just drifting away in plain sight. Should be interesting if the princesses start to wonder where we have gone,” said Twilight to her with a nod.

That were the words that caused Trixie to actually look up to Twilight with an almost confused expression visible upon her face. The fact that she hadn't actually calculated upon the facts as they were, they were inside their own capital of platinum. Gone from the Equestrian lines and borders, they could be doing whatever they wanted. “Perhaps we can write them a letter that we are on a field mission for two years to the dense jungles of the west. Tis a worry for later, I want to see the city sooner or later though. See if it lives to Rare’s expectations up close as well.”

Twilight simply released a chuckle before she rose up from the bed and stood back on the floor with all four of her hooves. “Maybe one day sooner or later we will be doing that. Not to mention the fact we can deal with those two in our own time. First things first shall we say, we have to find ourselves a doctor.”

Yet before either of the two mares could be doing anything to set their plan into motion, they both felt the same feelings in and going through their horns. Somepony had been using magic and the aura that was created because of it wasn't something that was all too friendly. The aura that they felt actually managed to send shivers down their spines like a winter's breeze. Just the sheer levels of corruption alone within the magic wanted to make both of them vomit. Yet the content of their stomach luckily managed to maintain itself inside.

Nothing was right about that charge of magic, as the both of them could actually and physically feel the very corruption that it carried. Neither Trixie nor Twilight could be standing straight on their hooves as long as the charge remained active. But when it eventually did fade away, they both looked over to the ceiling, as if they wanted to look straight into the unicorn’s office itself.

“We need a doctor, and we need him right here and right now,” Twilight said to Trixie. Just mere seconds afterwards would she have opened the door of the room and walked out of it. Everything needed to be as casual and normal as always. They had to make sure they wouldn't fall suspicious to Rarity. Which was a little thing that was easier said than done.

“We can’t teleport, she will sense that we all we can do is just walk down there.” Trixie replied as she also left the room and locked it behind her. The mulberry unicorn simply nodded towards her and together they began the journey down a couple of floor. All in the quest to find the equally insane doctor that lived under the simple name of Medic.

---

Back in her own office had Rarity just released a charge of her magic to vent the corruption from her body. Her body was almost like a steam engine and the very corruption flowed through her seemed like it was actual steam . If she kept it too long in her own systems, she would burst and her body would have been destroyed due to the powers of the waste.

So the only thing she could be done was the release and relieve herself from the hellish terror that was flowing through her. Yet on the other end of the aspect, she felt just so great to have the powers and abilities at her disposal. Driven further down the road of madness by those very powers and abilities, Rarity almost seemed to be like a lost cause and had failed as a manager of the infamous and often unheard Magic Facility.

Words she would never say about herself or accept about herself. Her sense of pride and dignity were too thick and hard to make her see the reality of the actual situation. And that was the biggest trouble that could be meaning her downfall that easily.

A soft moan of satisfaction and relief slowly filled up most of the office. Rarity opened her eyes again. She just stared over the processing floor with her crimson red eyes. Everything she had worked for and everything she had achieved was right there. But the death of Sweetie Belle still lingered somewhere deep inside of her memories.

Memories she tried to suppress and even forget every single night since it happened. And therefore she allowed her thoughts to turn back a bit more towards the business side of the plans that laid ahead. Having walked through the moving department and having inspected everything there was to be seen within it, there was only one more conclusion that she could draw from the place. “They shall feel the pain of the machines firsthoof,” the insane mare spoke to herself before she began to chuckle a little bit to herself. A chuckle that eventually dared to come out as the most insane laughter she had ever given in her life.

The unicorn turned herself back around and walked over to the dossier cabinets and opened one that was labeled ‘staff’ with a hoof. Once the drawer was opened, her eyes could feast upon the files of every last worker that lived inside of the hellhole that was their factory. All names nicely sorted in alphabetical order and sorted out in the corresponding departments.

That was why the files of the moving department were so easily found. The horn charged up with a mixed aura of both sapphire blue and black before all of the files were being taken out at once. They were then levitated over to the desk of the mare who also locked the door to her office.

Nopony would be coming in or going out of there while she was working upon her task. She knew that cuts had to be made in the staff of the place. Yet leaving loose ends, was about the last thing she required from anypony. “Can’t have any ends just dangling around and about. What if they start talking about what really happened here? No, we can’t have that now can we? But what if all of the workers down there are to die by accident?” Rarity mumbled to herself in the fashion as if she was arguing with herself.

Not a thing that was uncommon to see in her mind though. As every action was actually doubted for the fraction of a second before continued. While the horn discharged itself once again, the unicorn walked back to the window in order to look over the department one more time.

And in that time, she took up all of the sounds, the scents and the feels. The stench of death, machines, oil and unprocessed magic smelled like roses to her nose. That was her home, that was her boutique in essence. All of it was something that she loved to be doing as it had similarities between the things she had loved to be doing. Even though the things never actually looked like one another oddly enough.

But after a bit of time had the mare returned back to her desk. She dropped herself down in the chair once more. With a bit of positioning just how and where she sat comfortable, the forelegs were eventually placed upon the desk and her eyes looked down towards the black stuff on them. The leather-like goo seemed to be like gloves that continued to grow little by little every hour. But the material felt so comfortable against her coat as if she was actually wearing a set of leather gloves over them.

The only problem with the set she had was that they could never be removed, even if she tried. They were fused to her skin and all of the hairs that laid underneath it were actually scorched down to the very, very root of them. The corruption wasn't just lying on top of her, it had genuinely fused together with her.

Though the thought was quickly forgotten again as the mare looked over the stack of files and looked at the very first one on the pile. “Only a few of you shall remain working in the place, the rest of you shall be fired without any actual rewards or compensations,” mumbled Rarity while the first file was being opened.

Her eyes looked at everything there was standing in the dossier about the pony. Everything ranging from the level of skill, to the age and manner of employment. And out of the few dozen ponies who worked there, not even a handful would have been able to stay working in the place even if they begged her.

Ruthless, merciless and stone cold, those were the words with which Rarity could be described after her years of working within the hellhole.