• Published 24th Feb 2014
  • 8,857 Views, 268 Comments

Rise of the Muscle Wizard. - Ssendam the Masked



A wizard whose power comes from his muscles enters an anthro Equestria. He casts Magic Fist.

  • ...
36
 268
 8,857

Side-Chapter: Fisting the Universe

One month before the arrival of Nightmare Moon

It was ready. The result of many, many months of stealing books, writing new books from what I plundered, all of that... all of my discoveries had led up to this simple formula. It was time to test out my theory, but before I could do that, I had to record what happened here for posterity's sake.

I dipped my quill pen in ink (I seriously miss ballpoints, or at least a fountain pen) and I began to write, in my neatest flowing script.

Concerning travel between universes.

I do admit, I am not of this world of candy-coloured equine beings, and I do not believe that they are of mine own world either. No, I do believe that my rather destructive entry into this world was to prove, or disprove, a fundamental theory of our universe:
The Multiverse Theory.
My existence here proves the fact that art could, in some way, initiate life- in other words, whatever work of fiction has ever been published, it has resulted in another universe being created to house it.

The question is, did somebody create this universe, or did they merely interpret a dream or a cretive idea inspired by this universe? That is a question that I am unable to answer. Sometimes, I feel as if this entire world is a work of fiction, and I am but a character dancing on strings for some malevolent author. Tis not outside the realm of possibility.

But this brings me to an important question: why this universe in particular? Why not one of the other, myriad fictional universes that MUST exist, if I am within this one? I do not know, but I must say this:

There is a way to travel between the universes. My own being here proves that. The question I asked myself was thus: how does one travel between these universes? Does one simply wish upon a star? Is it just chance and fate playing dice with the lives of mortals? I spit on these concepts. As a man of magic, I know that chance and fate, wily as they are, cannot directly interfere.

It took me far too long to figure out how I travelled between the planes of fiction and Earth: my gloves. Thus, I propose a theory that may shock many conventional physicists back on Earth. If they could read this, they'd call me mad, or at least stupid. I am neither of these things.

Worlds need a link for travel to occur. For that to happen, there must be a way to return to your own universe, and a way to keep staying there. Thus, I propose that there is a totem, or artifact, that enables one to travel between worlds. As befitting the multiverse theory, such a totem shall remain the same for anybody who wants it, and must maintain its shape. In other words, for it to work, its nature must remain constant. But this relic must rely on an outside force to pull one there, no?

I believe that my own artifacts, the gloves that granted me the power of my muscles, are one-way artifacts- in other words, unless I can find an artifact from my Earth, I can never leave this place. Still, I wish to see if my theory is correct, and I shall write in here whether or not my experiment was successful or not.

I set my quill aside, and picked up my home-made totem.

A dumbbell. I turned it over, ensuring that the arcane lettering was there, then I gathered my power. My muscles glowed a dark blue as I felt the very fabric of reality in my almost completed library-gym start to tear. I lifted my totem up in a mighty hand, and in a deep, echoing voice I spoke.
"I am the Muscle Wizard, Hugest of Huge! Those who pick up my dumbbell must seek the path to perfect hugeness! Summon me if you want to be able to perform glutes for the sloots!" I threw the dumbbell into the portal, and it functioned exactly as I thought it would: the portal to other worlds closed, and just before it closed, I saw that my totem 'split' into multiple images. I grinned. Just as planned.

I sat back down on the simple bench, chose a new quill, and continued.
My experiment has worked. The totem- a dumbbell- has split into many copies across the multiverse. Any being that finds my totem shall be able to summon me. Of course, I will be able to return to my own universe, and I shall not be going there exactly- rather, it shall be utilising the very magic in that world to make a 'phantom' of myself, so that I may be able to explore any worlds without fearing death or imprisonment overly.

Author's Note:

Muscle Wizard is up for a crossover if anybody wants him!