• Published 21st Oct 2011
  • 1,779 Views, 23 Comments

My Little Commander: Equestrian Dawn - CimmaronSpirit



When a mysterious alien substance come to Equestria, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
4
 23
 1,779

Chapter Two

My Little Commander

Part One: Equestrian Dawn

Chapter Two

<> <> <>

The rapidly evolving crisis surrounding the mysterious appearance of Tiberium in Equestria has sparked interest and fascination in many of the pony inhabitants of the fair land. While the smartest scientists of the land continued to explore the properties of the substance, many fields of the alien crystals had already begun spreading throughout the domain of the Princesses Celestia and Luna, forcing thousands of ponies to leave their homes and move to refugee camps.

One of these scientists, Doctor Marbius, soon became known as one of the prime experts of the substance. She began developing techniques in order to interact with Tiberium without exposing the pony to become sick, as well as also continued studying the transformative and genetic tampering properties of Tiberium.

One business man, using the ideas proposed by Marbius, began developing a “harvester” that could be used to gather the Tiberium, while other scientists perfected a refining process to take the valuable, yet dangerous crystals and turn them into useful materials for construction. Tiberium is soon recognized as a potential gold mine to investors, and the Manehattan Stock Exchange soon introduced the price of Tiberium beside the classic gold and oil indicators. New companies that specialize in Tiberium are soon making huge gains, building refineries along the edges of these fields throughout the land.

But Fluttershy, being the kind and gentle caretaker of the animals around ponyville, was getting a first hand look at what Tiberium could do. For over three weeks now she was inundated with a rapidly escalating number of cases of poisoning related to Tiberium. Like Applejack and Pinkie Pie, the crystals were growing on the creatures as if it was eating away at the bodies of these creatures to fuel its own growth. In a way, that was exactly what it was trying to do.

She carefully wound her way through her cottage wearing a hazardous material suit, pushing a cart with medicine for the animals that had already been infected with the alien substance. The weak birds unable to fly, the injured mice unable to scurry, and the incapacitated bunnies that were unable to bound, conspired to make Fluttershy feel more and more useless to help these critters she had grown to love.

She gave them all the care she could, but it there was too many. She was barely functioning on the little bits of sleep she had to take when her body couldn’t go any more. She was driven more or less on the hope that she could save some of these animals. But as day after day passed, those chances continued to look more and more grim.

“Oh, don’t worry Mr. Parakeet,” she said through the plastic of her suit to one bird that tried to squawk, but instead coughed. “I’m sure you will feel fine soon.” The bird nodded and whistled softly, and lay down again, while Fluttershy turned away, tears streaming down her cheeks as she lied, yet again, to another animal that would not survive.

She walked past a dog, who, instead of dying, was actually transforming. Green crystals grew out of its back, while its formerly grey coat was turning into a blackish shell. It looked so fierce, but was still so much like the little puppy it had been before. It even came up and licked the haz-mat suit, almost begging for a friend.

“I know Spot, I wish I could play with you. But you might hurt me.” The transformed creature whimpered softly, but Fluttershy was right. If one of these creatures (which someone called “Tiberian Fiends”) got too excited, or felt it was in danger, it could shoot the Tiberium spikes out of its back, and strike and instantly kill a target.

She petted the Fiend again, before continued through the makeshift veterinary hospital, trying to do everything she could for the animals inside. So many where not going to make it, she knew. And she was heartbroken over it.

A knock at the cottage door distracted her, and she clip-clopped her way to see who it was.

Rarity stood on the other side of the door, holding a plastic bag with her magic as she gently knocked on the door again. “Fluttershy!” she sang out. It had been so long since she say her friend, so she knew she must do something to help.

The door opened to show the timid yellow and pink maned pony in her haz-mat suit, startling Rarity.

Fluttershy closed the door, and pulled back the head of the suit, before realization struck her. “Oh... I missed our Spa appointment, didn’t I?” she said.

“Well, actually three... but don’t worry about that.” Rarity was quick to assure her friend. “I know you have been busy with all the animals...”

Fluttershy broke down into tears with that. Rarity skittered back, before at last approaching the pegasus.

“They are all so sick, Rarity,” Fluttershy sobbed. “Most of them are not going to live, while the rest are turning into monsters. I don’t know what I can do.

Rarity knelt down beside the overworked, stressed and scared pony, pulling her close to rest. “Well, you are comforting them when they need it most, Fluttershy. No one else wants to care for them, but you do. You love all animals, and hate to see them like this. That make you such a good caretaker and friend.”

Fluttershy was still whimpering, but the soft, friendly words soon lulled her to rest. Rarity looked down at her friends, and gently brushed her mane. It was a mess, as Fluttershy had been cramped in that plastic suit for days with little rest. Rarity set the little bag down she had brought, and pulled out a little blanket and wrapped it around Fluttershy. In a little bit, Fluttershy would wake up and go back into taking care of the animals with Tiberium poisoning, but for now she needed a friend. And if Rarity couldn’t do anything else beside look fabulous, she could at least do that.

<> <> <>

As the weeks passed on, a large refinery was established on the outskirts of Ponyville, and dozens of new ponies came to town in order to help with the Tiberium process. Most of them seemed friendly enough, but a few were... different.

First of all, they were reclusive. And in a place where friendship and hospitality were the order of the day, that aroused curiosity, but despite the townpony’s best efforts, they remained isolated in their camp. Second, they had been overheard talking about a Ponyhood, and Nod, which made no sense to anyone that listened, but they became angry and aggressive if anyone came to close to their place, or asked to many questions.

The weirdest of all was their cutie marks. Everyone knew that, for the most part, Cutie Marks are a unique symbol for the pony that has it. But these mysterious newcomers all had the same, or minor variations of the same cutie mark.

A black, recoiled scorpion tail in a black bordered red triangle.

More and more of these strange ponies came to Ponyville, but no one wanted to do anything about it. After all, they were here for the Tiberium, right? They were just different, and Ponyville respected the differences of other ponies. At least, that is what the Mayor of Ponyville kept saying.

But Rainbow Dash was becoming suspicious of these ponies, and had good reason to. When she was moving clouds around one day to prepare for a rainstorm, a couple of the pegasus ponies with the weird cutie marks flew up beside her.

“Hey! What are you doing!” one shouted at Raindow Dash, flying in front of her and holding back the cloud she had been moving.

“I’m doing my job,” she replied, moving the cloud around the two stallions trying to stop her.

But they flew back in front of her, and stopped her again. “Did we say you could do that?”

RD looked at them suspiciously. “I don’t need orders to deal with the weather around Ponyville. That is my job.”

The two ponies pulled the cloud away. “It doesn’t matter. We don’t need you to go messing around with the weather over the Refinery or our base. Now, get out of here!” the talkative one barked.

“Says who?” asked the fastest flyer in Ponyville.

The one that so far hadn’t talked reached into his bag and pulled out an object that Dash couldn’t see clearly. Until it was aimed at her face. And she found herself looking down the barrel of a gun.

“We do.”

Rainbow Dash stared at the gun, before at last deciding to fly back to Ponyville. She looked back, almost expecting to see the two of them laughing at her for fleeing.

But they weren’t, like other bullies would have. They kept glaring at her, making her feel as if they were boring straight into her with their eyes.

Over the next few days, she would continue to try to deal with the weather over Ponyville. But day after day, those same pegasus ponies came up and stopped her from going near the refinery, or where their “base” was.

“Are you just trying to anger us?” the first stallion growled one day. “One of these days we will just shoot you without warning. See how you like that!”

Rainbow Dash was now scared (though she wouldn’t admit it). “I’m only doing my job,” she protested, holding her ground.

“Well, do your job elsewhere. If you come back over here, we will shoot first, and ask questions later... if at all,” the first stallion coldly replied.

Later that day, Rainbow Dash stopped into the Library to talk to Twilight. When she entered she could see Twilight running around, a duster being held by her magic cleaning the place.

“Twilight,” Rainbow Dash called, but Twilight ran past her, picking up some of the books on the floor and putting them back on the shelf.

“Twilight,” RD called louder, but Twilight ran past again, to pick up a garbage can full of trash.

“TWILIGHT!” Rainbow Dash yelled out, startling the magical unicorn, causing the can to fall to the floor, upsetting all the garbage in it.

The purple pony sighed, and turned around. “What is it Rainbow?”

“Um.... what are you doing?”

“Can’t you see I was trying to clean up?” Twilight asked, picking up the garbage again.

“Why?”

“Because Princess Celestia is coming to visit, and I want everything pristine for her,” she replied, before at last picking up the garbage can and setting it out the door.

“Uhh... okay...” Rainbow said. “Why is she coming?”

“She has news, but wanted to tell me in person. And I’m supposed to get my friends, and, well, your here now!” Twilight then sighed. “Unfortunately, Applejack and Pinkie Pie are still too sick to come. I hope that Tiberium poisoning gets better.”

“Yeah,” Rainbow said, “I hope so too. But I have something else I want to talk to you about.”

“What is it?” the unicorn asked, dusting off some book cases.

“Those ponies at the refinery, they keep stopping me from moving the clouds over the Tiberium field.”

Oh... I thought you were just being lazy... Twilight thought. Again.

“And the other day they put a gun to my face,” Rainbow said, he voice starting to shake as she said so.

Twilight stopped dusting. “What?”

Rainbow Dash, the full meaning of what happened before starting to sink in, collapsed to the floor. “Oh my god... they could have killed me!”

Twilight trotted over. “They had... guns? But... but no one has guns in Equestria anymore... not even the Royal Guards!”

“Well they sure did, and they threatened to shoot me if I come close again!” Rainbow exclaimed.

“Maybe the Princess could help sort it out... it might have just been a...”

A massive explosion rocked the massive tree that the library was housed in, sending books tumbling to the floor. Rainbow and Twilight, after a moment of fear that the library would fall in on them, looked at each other wide-eyed before at last running out of the building.

When they left, they gasped at the sight of what happened. The town hall had been attacked!

The majority of the structure was a pile of wood splinters and crushed stone, while the little that remained was on fire. Sirens in the distance told of the volunteer fireponies coming as fast as they could to put out the fire.

Rainbow and Twilight raced to the scene of the attack. The Mayor, dust and bruises all over her, stumbled towards them. “Oh my goodness! A...a bomb!”

“Bomb?” asked Twilight. “Are you sure?”

The Mayor nodded her head, though whither in agreement or shock Twilight could not tell. The two friends then helped the older pony to lay on the ground before she fell down.

“I bet I have an idea who did this,” Rainbow whispered to Twilight, before pointing a hoof in the direction of the Tiberium field.

“But why would they want to do this?” Twilight asked.

The Mayor looked up to them. “I...I sent someponies to go, to try to get them to tell us what they were doing. They refused to let them in... then this happened.”

Twilight looked at the Mayor, and then over the massive refinery building that dwarfed Ponyville, even though it was in the distance. If they didn’t want anyone to see what they were doing, they must have been doing something that they shouldn’t be.

But what?

<> <> <>

The Royal Carriage came to a stop outside of the Library, and the graceful Princess Celestia stepped off of as evening descended on Equestria. Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Rarity bowed low to greet their monarch.

“Thank you so much,” the princess said kindly, though her voice seemed to hiding something. “Let us go inside, for I have something I must tell you.”

Inside the five equines went, while two guards (which the other ponies noticed where no longer carrying spears, but actual rifles now) took their places outside the door.

“What is it Princess Celestia?” asked Twilight, once they got inside.

“I have bad news,” she replied mournfully. “A series of bombing and attacks throughout Equestria, and including the Ponyville Town Hall, are all linked to one organization that no one had heard of before.”

“Which is...?” Rainbow asked.

“The Ponyhood of Nod,” the Princess said.

The other four ponies looked at each other in confusion.

“Um...what are they?” Fluttershy asked timidly, like she normally would.

Princess Celestia looked up to the window to watch the moon, being lifted by her sister now, rising to its place in the night sky. “All we know is that they are indirectly in control of most of the Tiberium refineries in Equestria, and they are making enormous profits from the sale of the substance. And they are using this money to build an army.”

“Why would they want to build an army?” Rarity asked. “Equestria doesn’t have one, so what are they trying to do?”

“They are trying to take over Equestria, and the world,” the Princess replied. “We may not have an army, but other places do. And, starting now, Equestria is also building a military force.”

Fluttershy looked the most stunned at this. “But.. but... that means that...”

“...we’ll have to fight them?” Rainbow finished. The Princess nodded, and Fluttershy meeped softly.

“What do you want us to do?” Twilight asked. “We can get the Elements of Harmony...”

“They will not work. The Ponyhood is too widespread, and Applejack and Pinkie Pie are too sick to help. We do not even know who the leader of Nod is yet. And stopping him will not mean that the the rest of it will be.” The Princess rose. “Therefore, by Royal Decree, the Equestrian Defence Initiative, or the EDI, will be established. As of this moment, you are all Generals. Rainbow Dash, you are to join the Air Force; Rarity, you will become part of the Quartermaster Corps; and Fluttershy, we are asking that you join the Medical Corps to help those with Tiberium poisoning.” The three ponies saluted the queen, though Fluttershy was, indeed, scared of the war about to break out (for it was most likely going to), while Rainbow Dash was thrilled at this new adventure. Rarity was already running through her mind which forms of camouflage would look best in the field...

“What about me, Princess?” asked Twilight.

“You will be the Second in Command, under General Shepherd, of all EDI forces in Equestria.” the Princess replied. “You will be sent to battles wherever you are needed, and use the forces there to help defeat any attack.” Twilight nodded, and saluted herself.

The Princess nodded. “We have no idea when, or if, Nod will attack. Right now, we are preparing for any eventuality. Hopefully, by showing Nod we are not to be trifiled with, we may just be able to stop them before they start.”

Comments ( 18 )

I can't access the story for some reason :rainbowhuh:. Could you just post it here? I really enjoy the story and want to read more :fluttershysad:

138208

Sorry, I've been having the worst time trying to post on this website... try it now though, because I think its working *hooves crossed*

138211 Thanks dude I can read it now.

Excellent chapter by the way :pinkiehappy: This was perfect. I look forward to seeing what you do next, I hope Pinkie and AJ don't die, maybe become leaders of the mutants? The Tiberium universe is so big, I can see lots of potential for this story :twilightsmile:

#4 · Jan 24th, 2012 · · ·

:flutterrage:MOAR

#5 · Jan 27th, 2012 · · ·

This Feels like C&C. :flutterrage:C&C IS BACK

This is a really cool concept for crossover. I really look forward to how this will progress.

I'm sorry for nitpick but wasn't the original manifestation of tiberium a kind of plant like pod which slowly evolved into the manifestation present during the events of C&C 3? If I'm wrong can someone please correct me.

252469

Yes, it originally was a pod like thing. And, until EA can explain how it changed, I still think the first version is the better on that the simple "crystal growing out of the ground" thing.

260639
Agreed, the spreading crystals actual had a decent explanation as to how they grow.

FUCK! ......

FUCK! FUCK FUCK!

I am sooooo frickin' pissed right now dude! :flutterrage:

I'm sorry man, it's just that...I started writing a story much like this one and JUST frickin' posted it today!

I thought I was gonna be the first but....NOPE! Somepony beat me to the punch!

FUCK!

With all due respect, I'm enjoying this story so far and I really want to see how it plays out. You're writing skills are excellent, and you do a good job of incorporating Tiberium into the pony world.

Really man, I just posted my own C&C crossover and our stories look similar. Even the frickin' title! Anyways, I just want to say that I am NOT! REPEAT NOT, copying you. I honestly had NO idea that you existed.

I even ran a search on the site and couldn't find any C&C so I thought I was good....but NOPE! :ajbemused:

I promise our stories will be different and I'm NOT mad at you. I have no right to be cause you were here first, but I'm just a little ticked at myself cause I couldn't find you sooner and call off my project.

However, I will continue to read this story and NOT steal ideas for it as my story will feature other things and have different elements than yours.

So to that I say, I will propose a C&C/MLP Alliance with you.

What I mean is, if you critique me on my story to make you better, I will do the same for you. Please let me know if you agree to these terms, for I do not want to be seen as a plagurist that stole your idea.

Thank you for time and I hope you...

(Commando voice): Keep 'em comin'!! :rainbowlaugh:

P.S. If you read my version, I would be so... :pinkiehappy:

Silverstein222 out!

E.V.A. Acsessing files.............
"Welcome back Commander"
"The state of the planet is deteriorating. Tiberium Infestation has reached critical levels. Red Zones 30% Yellow Zones 50% Blue Zones 20%. EDI Forces Stationed at the borders of the Blue Zones. Central Command at Blue Zone B-1 Canterlot. Ponyhood of Nod forces central command Temple Prime Yellow Zone Y-7. Ground Zero - Ponyville."
media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/28/27321/---.jpg
images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080623184013/cnc/images/3/3a/CNCTW_GDI_Propaganda.gif
gamereplays.org/community/uploads/post-112607-1254264786.jpeg
stonerocket.net/downloads/games/tiberian-sun.jpg
--------------
Man this is a great story keep is up with all this good work very nice :twilightsmile:

335570

Really? I honestly did not expect another C&C/MLP crossover to EVER exist O_o

Anyway, yes, I would be glad to make an "alliance." I just need to find your story, is all :derpytongue2:

And, yes, I do need to work on the next part. Been busy all summer, very little chance to do other stuff. Now, however....

577042

Thanks very much! Now, if I can find ponies in Mammoth Tanks and near Obelisks of Light...

1302158 I suppose Mammoth MK. I tanks seeing as your story is linked to Tiberium Dawn. And there are a lot of Command and Conquer/MLP:FiM crossovers out there check our group http://www.fimfiction.net/index.php?view=group&group=960 You can find them all there. I have my own Tiberium story, but is alittle different.

1302158

I thought you were dead. And actually several MLP/C&C crossovers had been made. They are all kept, (including yours) on a group created by yours truely. :pinkiehappy:

Silver out!

1302619

I actually didn't know about that C&C group until earlier this morning, and was busy reading "The Bear, the Eagle, and the Ponies" for most of it...

And, I'm not dead yet! *Monty Python Character comes by and knocks me over the head*

1302869

That is a really good Red Alert crossover. The writer likes to take his sweet time though.

Oh well, quality over quantity. :pinkiehappy:

Silver out!

Ever consider naming the organization the "Bronyhood" of Nod? Well, nonetheless, I'm enjoying the story. :yay:


For the Bronyhood/Ponyhood! :duck:

First, has anypony though that the Elements of Harmony might be able to cure Applejack and Pinkie Pie?

Second, has the enemies of the Equestrian nation started using Tiberium to take over the world? King Sombra already uses crystals in his attacks and could use his existing powers over crystals to use Tiberium as effective weapons. Also, I can see Lord Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, and the Storm King using Tiberium as weapons.

Login or register to comment