• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 2,691 Views, 30 Comments

Kindness in Dancing - FlutterDash

  • ...
6
 30
 2,691

Optional: Chapter Two: Doing the Daily Rounds

Celestia's sun rose over the Everfree Forest, giving Equestria new light, much to Fluttershy's happiness. Just as the first rays of welcoming sunlight bathed the small woodland cottage, her alarm clock went off, waking both Fluttershy and Angel Bunny up.

“What time is it...” she rolled over and looked at the clock. “Seven A.M. …” She smiled. This was the day she was waiting for. The day after the Grand Galloping Gala. The day after one of the happiest days of her life. The day she was to see Fleur and go on a date with her. Simply the thought of that made her smile.

She rolled out of bed, landing softly on her four hooves, and looked over at the now-irate Angel Bunny, his fur looking like he took an electric shock. “Come on, Angel Bunny, it's morning...”

He glared at her and proceeded to throw a pillow at her, hitting her face with precision.

She just sighed. “Angel, do you want breakfast or not?” Before waiting for an answer, she turned around and began walking away, smiling to herself even more as she heard small footsteps trail behind her. He'd never be too stubborn if it meant he had his breakfast gone for any length of time. She walked down the stairs, and into the kitchen, calling out the various animals she took care of, reminding them to wake up for breakfast. Soon, an erratic menagerie of noises ranging from squeaks to chitters to, well, whatever sound bunnies make.

She walked over to her cabinets and took out an array of different animal feeds, and began going through her daily rounds of giving each animal their individual bowl and feed, except for Angel Bunny, who got a bowl filled with lettuce, cabbage and carrots. She looked around, checking to see if she missed any animal, and nodded when she saw that every animal was happily eating away. She walked out into her living room, checking the clock on her end table and saw that it was now 9 A.M. Two hours had passed due to feeding.

“I'll be back, my friends, I'm just going to be gone for today. Angel, I'm trusting you to take care of the house and the animals while I'm gone, okay?” She looked over at Angel Bunny for a response. He responded by rolling his eyes and nodding (okay, I could seriously put so much author's dialogue in here about how bloody horrible Angel Bunny is). She turned back around and opened the door, the sunlight flooding in as she walked out and closed the door, shutting it away once more.
She walked down the pathway from her cottage to Ponyville, saying 'hello' and 'hi' to all the passerby's that happened to talk to her. As she entered the town square, she was quickly assaulted by a pink blur, causing her to fall over and be pinned down to the cobble.

“Fluttershyit'syouohI'msohappyforyouRainbowDashtoldmeeverythingandohmygoshreallyyou'vefoundsomeponythat'sjustsoamazinglyamazingIhavetothrowapartyforyoutwo!” It was Pinkie Pie, her pink-maned, pink-coated friend fairly dubbed the 'Party Pony of Equestria,' who somehow managed to say all of that in one breath.

“U-um, hi Pinkie...” Fluttershy said, completely thrown offguard by that. “Y-yes, I, um, I didn't exactly find somepony, but, um, I am going on a d-date with somepony tonight...”

“Ooh! Where? Where?!”

“C-Canterlot...”

“Ohmygosh that's like super-duper amazing! I have to go get prepared!” Pinkie Pie quickly darted off, leaving Fluttershy to pick herself up and dust herself off.

She sighed, not knowing or wanting to know what Pinkie was up to, and walked over to a new shoppe that had opened, The Pancake Shoppe. Opening the door, she noticed that her friend Twilight Sparkle, the bookworm of the six, was sitting at a booth writing something or another. She slowly trotted over.

“Hi Twilight.”

Twilight looked up from the notepad and book, her magic dissipating around them, causing them to drop to the table. “Oh, hi Fluttershy.”

“Um, mind if I sit with you?..”

“Of course.”

She got into the booth opposite of Twilight and looked over at her. “S-Sorry for causing you to lose your, um, concentration...”

“It's okay, Fluttershy, I was getting far too into it anyways. So, what brings you here?”

“Oh, um, I just came for some breakfast...”

“I came here for that too, but then I thought, 'why not bring my studies with me?' and I suppose I ended up becoming too engrossed in them to ever remember actually getting breakfast.” Twilight laughed awkwardly, embarrassed at her own obliviousness and forgetfulness.

Fluttershy giggled quietly.

“So, how about some breakfast then? My treat.”

“O-oh, that'd be nice...” She smiled at the generosity of her friend.

A waiter shortly thereafter came over, seeing the two of them unattended. “Excuse me, misses, have you been served yet?” A shake of the head came from both. “Well then, welcome to The Pancake Shoppe, can I take your order?”

Twilight milled over it for a few seconds before replying. “I'll have some plain pancakes with strawberry syrup, and a side of gems, preferably sapphire if you have them. Oh! And some coffee.”

“Gems?” The waiter looked at Twilight inquisitively.

“Yes, I have a baby dragon at home that is my assistant and I often bring him home gems as a treat.”

“Ah, okay. And you, miss?” The waiter said, turning to Fluttershy.

“Um, I'll have some blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup and some apple juice, if you have it...” Fluttershy shied away from the waiter, hiding behind her mane slightly.

The waiter wrote down the orders.“Of course. Your meals will be out shortly, ladies.” He turned and walked away, giving the order-list to what appeared to be the cooking staff.

“So, Fluttershy...” Twilight started, “What's this I've been hearing about you and somepony else?”

“O-oh, um, I'm kind of going out on a...” she blushed deeply. “date with somepony tonight..”

“I see. Well, I hope it goes well. I'm sorry I wasn't there to meet them, Princess Celestia had called me over to help with welcoming everypony to the Gala and then Princess Luna wanted me to stargaze with her, and I just couldn't deny a royal request to use astronomy!” Her recollection was quickly dismissed as the waiter came back with the two orders of pancakes, the coffee, the hot cocoa and the gems.

The two ponies quickly let out a content “mmm” as they smelled the pancakes' scent wafting over to them, and right after ending up right in front of their faces.

“Sorry, miss, but there were no sapphires. The closest we had were Lapis, I do hope you aren't disappointed.” The waiter said, a hint of worry in his voice.

Twilight looked at the bowl of small, light-blue gems, and shook her head. “I'm not disappointed, I'm sure he'll enjoy these all the same.” This caused a smile to appear on the waiter's face as he bowed and quickly dismissed himself from the table.

“Mm, those smell really good..” Fluttershy commented, taking a knife and cutting the pancakes open, removing a small piece and eating it.

Twilight did the same. “Mm, and taste good too...” They both elicited a contented “Mhm” as they ate in silence, save for the soft clattering of silverware against the table, too enthralled by their hunger to bother striking up conversation.

All Fluttershy could think of, is what was to come tonight...