• Published 28th Feb 2014
  • 808 Views, 19 Comments

Battle Path: Equestria chronicles - PressStart



Battle Path is usually a modern sci-fi fantasy story, but I'm now putting a pony twist on it.

  • ...
6
 19
 808

chapter 2: Riversdale

Chapter 2: Riversdale

"What!?!" Rainbow Dash said surprised. Everything happened fast and she needed to sort it out. Her eyes opened up wide.

"Oh shit! Mr. Cake!" Rainbow Dash said quickly getting of the bed.

"Relax will you. I moved him to a save location. He is unhurt and being held by the resistance." Luna said placing a hand on Rainbow Dash's shoulder. Rainbow then sat back on the bed sigh in relief. That now leaves the issue of Discord and Giga.

"What about the situation. Tell me about this Discord, besides the god of chaos bit." Rainbow Dash said. Luna walks to the door and signals Rainbow Dash to follow. Rainbow stood up and walked with Luna down the water lit hall. It simply was stunning that there was a place where water glows bright blue.

"Discord appeared so suddenly. Plus to make matters worse, he made the elements of chaos. Seven of them in fact. His seven generals now wield then." Luna explained looking at Rainbow Dash.

"He has seven generals that have elements? Let's just use the elements of harmony. Me and the girls can easily take care of it." Rainbow Dash said And noticed that Luna stopped walking.

"Yeah about that. Since you weren't here, Celestia and I decided to use the elements. There was one tiny problem with that idea. The elements rejected us and scattered. So I need you to locate your friends and the missing elements of harmony." Luna said smiling apologetically. Rainbow Dash's mouth was opened wide in shock. She then closed her mouth and put her hand on her face.

"Wait a second, quick question. Umm, you lost the elements of harmony?" Rainbow Dash asked not removing her hand from her face. Luna nods embarrassed by the fact.

"And why do I need to find my friends?" Rainbow Dash asked now removing her hand from her face and crossed her arms.

"After the elements scattered and Discord murdering Celestia. Your friends, well, they left. I hear though that Fluttershy is in Riversdale. So that's a start, right?" Luna said hoping that Rainbow Dash won't stay mad.

"Riversdale is a five day journey from Ponyville at least. I could get there in two days tops since I'm a Cloudsdale bird folk. But you said I have to go with feeble rats." Rainbow Dash said.

"Vinyl Scratch and we are traveling together, so get my name right." Vinyl said pissed that she was called feeble rats.

"What are the elements of chaos?" Rainbow Dash asked Luna.

"Pride, greed, lust, gluttony, envy, wrath, and slouth. Giga was wrath just so you know." Luna replied. Rainbow Dash uncrossed her arms and tucking her hands in her jacket.

"If only I came a year earlier. Fine, seeing that I don't have another choice. I'll do it." Rainbow Dash said with a sigh. Luna clapped both her hands together.

"Great! Now let's get you ready." Luna said smiling. With that last sentence Rainbow Dash got ready to leave.


It was just two days ago that Luna said before Rainbow and Vinyl left, "You will need to meet up with me in fifteen days in the city of Manhattan. There I'll have located a element of harmony. But you'll be the one to retrieve it. Good luck and save travels." They've been traveling together for two days and Rainbow Dash can't stop thinking about what Luna said to her.

"Rainbow!" Vinyl said catching Rainbow Dash's attention, "now's not the time to be lost in thought. We need to get some sleep." Rainbow Dash nods and sets the sleeping cloths on the ground. If they use sleeping bags then they can't get up for combat fast enough. They have been lucky enough that they weren't attacked by Discord's thugs or solders. They are even more lucky that they didn't even get attacked by any of the generals. Taking a route in the forest wasn't a bad idea. Good thing it wasn't the Everfree forest or they wouldn't sleep at all. Rainbow Dash was the first to fall asleep and last to wake up the next day. It was another quick night. There was a reason that it takes a five day journey. The actual path goes around the mountains that range next to Riversdale. I take a four day journey to Riversdale if they were planning on going through the mountain. There was a hidden village of people who have horns sticking out of their heads. The people were considered to be demons even though they wouldn't hurt a fly. Rainbow Dash had only been there once, but she was there for ten days. She loved the people there, specially a little girl named Suzy. The village was only halfway up the mountain and there was a secret passage to Riversdale from there. Rainbow was actually happy to see how much little Suzy grew. Finally they made it to the mountain, but Vinyl wanted a lunch break and Rainbow was hungry as well. After they finished eating in silence, cause Rainbow Dash was to focused in her thoughts that Vinyl didn't even try to start a conversation, started up the mountain. Rainbow Dash couldn't wait so she removed her jacket and handed it to Vinyl.

"I'm going to fly us up." Rainbow Dash said stretching her light brown eagle wings.

"Can bird folk fly well when they carry someone?" Vinyl asked raising a eye brow.

"Yeah, sure. I'm awesome that way." Rainbow Dash replied and then lifted Vinyl to the hidden village. When they got to the top it was surprisingly quiet.

"Did they move?" Vinyl asked. Rainbow Dash wasn't so sure. The people in the village was afraid to leave for they might be judged again.

"No they should be here. It is the middle of the day." Rainbow Dash said walking forward to investigate. She entered a house that was torn to bits. No one was inside. Vinyl looked inside and then decided to wait outside. Rainbow Dash moved to a bedroom that was also torn to bits. She noticed instantly what room it was. It was little Suzy's room, Rainbow Dash's little Suzy. Except she wasn't in her room, all she saw was bones with cloth on. Rainbow Dash stopped moving and looked at the bones that she just noticed. She stepped closer to see if she can identify who was dead. She noticed a pin was on the cloth. It was a cloud and a rainbow lightning bolt, Rainbow Dash's cutie mark. She only gave a pin to people that she connects well with.

"Damn it!" Rainbow Dash said starting to cry. It was the bones of little Suzy.

"We got about ten soldiers eating, so I thing we can sneak past them. Who knew that they'll use this place as a base. Smart if you ask me." Vinyl called into the house while staying outside. Rainbow Dash stood up and walked past Vinyl.

"Where are they?" Rainbow Dash said without looking at vinyl.

"Near the well, at the far right of the village." Vinyl replied point to the location. Rainbow Dash flew to the soldiers location and dropped down in the middle of the group. She lowered her goggles over her eyes and said in a fierce tone, "I'm going to kill you bastards." The enemy started to attack.


Vinyl didn't even take five minutes to catch up to Rainbow Dash and she couldn't believe was she saw. Vinyl has killed people, because she has a mercenary at one time. Except her never butchered anyone. Limbs and bones were scattered everywhere. The blood was even a vizable red color on the ground. In the center of the massacre was Rainbow Dash, arms covered in blood and blood splattered on the rest of her. She was holding her side like she hurt herself fighting and she was looking at the sky. Rainbow turned around the look at Vinyl. Vinyl could see her companions face now, tears not only caught in Rainbow's goggles, but we're runs down her cheeks. Rainbow walked closer to Vinyl and placed her head on Vinyl's chest.

"I blindly killed them. I slaughtered them all." Rainbow Dash said before passing out. Vinyl caught Rainbow before she fell to the ground. She had wasted all her energy on the soldiers that she not only hurt herself, but fell unconscious as well.

"Lets get you to Fluttershy. I'll come back to bury the dead." Vinyl said lifting Rainbow up to carry her to Riversdale.


Rainbow Dash finally woke up to see a light pink haired woman using the healing spell 'Green Raven'.

"Fluttershy?" Rainbow Dash said sounding hourse. The woman looked at Rainbow Dash and tears started to flow from her eyes.

"I was so worried. I'm so happy that your alright." Fluttershy said pouncing on Rainbow Dash to give her a hug. Rainbow flinch in pain from the sudden embrace, but she didn't even care. She hugged Fluttershy back cursing herself for not only making Fluttershy worry about her, but making her cry as well. Fluttershy finally let go and rubbed the tears from her eyes.

"It's been so long. I've missed you so much. Sorry, I can't heal you all the way. I need to distribute my healing magic equally to all patients." Fluttershy said calming down. Rainbow Dash, who was now sitting up, looked around to see that the room was filled with patients. Fluttershy obviously had her hands full. Vinyl finally entered the room and put a hand on Rainbow Dash.

"I buried the body of the little girl." Vinyl said smiling. Rainbow nodded and then sighed.

"Hey I know. Since you didn't get cleaned up yet, how about we get you clean." Fluttershy said clapping both hands together. Rainbow Dash looked at her hands and saw that the soldiers blood had dries on her skin. She defiantly needed to get cleaned up. Rainbow Dash gets out of bed and holds out her hand to Fluttershy. Fluttershy then taking Rainbow's hand with her own, leading her to a public women's bath.

"I thought I was going to clean myself up?" Rainbow Dash asked raising a eye brow. Fluttershy turned on the hot water to the bath and turned around.

"They only have the public bathhouses. Sorry, but this is the only bathhouse that has working water." Fluttershy said feeling the water to make sure it is the right temperature.

"And it so happens that this one is right next to the boy's?" Rainbow Dash asked with her eye brow still raised.

"Yeah I guess so." Fluttershy said totally oblivious to what Rainbow Dash was trying to say. Rainbow Dash looked at the wall connecting to the men's bath and noticed a hole in the wall. It was a small hole, but still noticeable with a trained eye. Rainbow Dash looked at Fluttershy, seeing she was to busy setting up the bath. Rainbow then force palms the wall sending a gust of wind through the hole. The crashing sound on the other side prooved that Rainbow Dash make someone fly away from the wall.

"What was that sound?" Fluttershy said turning to see Rainbow Dash with a smile on her face.

"Want sound?" Rainbow Dash said tilting her head. Fluttershy shrugged and walked over to Rainbow.

"Let's just get those clothes off." Fluttershy said starting to take Rainbow's shirt of. Rainbow stopped her and said "Hey hold on. What are you doing?"

"We're going to bathe together like we did when we were kids. I can wash your delicate side since you are still injured." Fluttershy said smiling cheerfully. Rainbow Dash, knowing how innocent she was, took off her shirt. Pretty soon the two girls were naked in the bath together, with Fluttershy washing Rainbow Dash's back and eagle wings. Most bird folk had dark brown wings, less had the light brown wings like Rainbow Dash did. Fluttershy was of a rare wing class, for hers was the very rare white dove wings.

"So that's why your here." Fluttershy said gently wash her friend, "That explains the injuries. You were always careless at times. You get hurt over the account of me and then say, this is nothing. You should see the other guy." Rainbow Dash chuckled at the memory.

"Yeah it was fun time." Rainbow Dash said smiling at thought of her winning a fight.

"That was your idea of fun? Getting hurt?" Fluttershy asked worried.

"No, getting hurt protecting my little sis is what was fun. Don't judge my idea of fun." Rainbow Dash said amused with herself. Fluttershy chuckled.

"Do you have any idea how happy it makes me feel to know that you still consider me your little sister even if we aren't actually related." Fluttershy said smiling gently.

"I hope a lot cause if it didn't, I'd feel embarrassed." Rainbow Dash said with a smirk. Fluttershy hugged her friend from the back, head resting on Rainbow Dash's shoulder.

"Since your trying to get the elements of harmony back together, I think that I'll help." Fluttershy said smiling with her friend, "Now let's get the lower half of your body."

"Hey I can do that myself!" Rainbow Dash said blushing.

"Aww, but we washed each other's bodies when we were little." Fluttershy said upset.

"Except we aren't little anyone." Rainbow Dash said pushing Fluttershy away.

"Please for old times sake?" Fluttershy asked with the pouty puppy face.

"I said no!" Rainbow Dash said moving away from her. Fluttershy now has joined the group.


Rainbow Dash, thanks to Fluttershy, now is clean and hopes to stay that way. She even got her clothes washed and her rib is now three-forths healed. Sadly she must not overdo it or she will have a injured rub cage for the third time. It was getting dark and Rainbow had to get back. She always loved Fluttershy's cooking, it was the best feature about her. Considering Rainbow Dash likes to eat a lot. She was walking back to Fluttershy's place when a person grabbed her from the back.

"Look out!" The stranger said pulling Rainbow Dash to the side as a timber wolf, miss his pounce on Rainbow. The stranger was a man in a hooded cloak. It took him two seconds to take out a arrow and fire it in the head of the timber wolf.

"Who are you?" Rainbow asked the man.

"My name is Morning Dew and I'm not your friend." Morning Dew said pulling out another arrow, " so don't get the wrong idea. I'm not on your side. This is my home town so I came to terminate the problem. That is all." Rainbow Dash didn't want to argue and went with it.

"After this is over I'm taking a well deserved nap again." Morning Dew said giving out a long yawn. Rainbow could tell that he'd prefer to be lazy. The two made their way to the south entrance. When they got there, they saw Vinyl fighting and Fluttershy healing soldiers. Rainbow Dash force palms a timber wolf and it then broke into many pieces. Vinyl seemed to take them out easily with her giant sickle, doing flips and other fluid movements. Rainbow was taking them out with a single blow, but the one doing th most damage was Morning Dew. He was in the front lines and was taking them out easily without even having to shoot the arrow. When if was all over the only one not tired was Morning Dew, other then the fact that he was sleepy.

"Get stronger, we will be seeing each other again." Morning Dew said before walking off. Rainbow watched Morning Dew walk away when Fluttershy tapped on her shoulder.

"I got info on Applejack. She owns a transport airship and is said to land in Rosewater Portbay." Fluttershy said exhausted by healing many people. Rainbow Dash smiled and wiped the sweet from her forehead.

"Good. Another lead. That means..." Rainbow Dash stopped to take a breath, "That means that we have a place to head to tomorrow. I need a bath." Fluttershy's eyes widened.

"We can take a bath together again." Fluttershy said smiling and started to drag Rainbow Dash to the bathhouse.


Morning Dew walked up the mountain and looked back at Riversdale.

"Morning Dew, your a serious ass! You know that! You killed all my timber wolves that I hand picked for Lord Discord." A woman with shiny pink hair said angrily at Morning Dew. He smiled at the woman, pleased that she was mad.

"Fleur De Lis, it's so nice that a suck up is willing to talk to me. By the way, it's your fault that your precious timber wolves are dead. You did send them to my home town." Morning Dew said smiling at her trying to piss her off and it seemed to be working.

"I'm not a suck up, you lazy do little as possible nuisance. Our job is to kill them not to keep them alive." Fleur said still angry at Morning Dew. He then smiled and walked up to Fluer placing his lips near her ear.

"You make it so easy to tease you." Morning Dew said then started walking further up the mountain listening to Fleur nag at his the entire way up as he smiled.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took me four days to right this one chapter. You may have noticed the line:

Fluttershy now has joined the group.

Well it's because that was a line in a comic. This story is abducted on the seventh installment of the battle path series and is my personal favorite. The story was more of a draft for the video game. The comic was also rejected because of very poor art. Sorry for any confusion. Fluttershy was the gentle Kiari, Morning Dew was the lazy and stubborn Luke, and Flyer De Lis was the Victor obsessed Amethyst. Riversdale was never changed partly because I couldn't figure out what to change it to. Rosewater Portbay was Rosamay Bay. I got a comment on the first chapter that I went fast. I hope this chapter explained enough. Thank you for reading.