• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 4,696 Views, 43 Comments

Rainbow Dash and Soarin: Wingbeat - Pimped Kiwi



Romance/Fanfiction: When Soarin decides he'd rather spend Hearts and Hooves day on his own he goes to Ponyville where he meets a few familliar faces and even his "Super special somepony"

  • ...
10
 43
 4,696

City of Lights

The Las Pegasus arena came into view over the horizon as the Wonderbolts private train sped onwards, the street lights and flashing neon signs that covered almost every inch of the vibrant city illuminated the evening sky, the loud screech of train brakes echoed through the underground station as the train came to a stop. Rows of ponies had turned out to witness the Wonderbolts arrival, security guards and metal barricades formed a path from the train to the arena to hold back the crowds.

The train door opened and Spitfire was the first to exit shortly followed by Soarin who trotted to her side, they were both dressed in pale blue shirts decorated in medals and badges, for a while they both stood and looked out into the roaring crowds before grinning at each other and waving to the screaming fans who lined their path, the were joined by two other ponies, Rapidfire a bright orange stallion with a bright orange coat and dark orange mane and tail similar to Spitfire's, and Fleetfoot, a Turquoise mare with a white mane and tale, both of who wore the same pale blue Wonderbolt formal uniform, "Smile for the camera's ladies" Spitfire smirked as she pulled a pair of sunglasses from her front pocket and put them on before leading the way down the path.

The four ponies followed behind Spitfire at a steady pace, stopping occasionally to sign autographs for their younger fans, especially Rapidfire who always seemed to display a kind of "over-confidence" around fans as he frequently stopped to make ridiculous poses for photos or flirt with any fan mare who was in talking distance of the barricade. About half an hour later the pegasi arrived at the entrance to the arena and, after signing a few more autographs, made their way inside.
Spitfire breathed a loud sigh of relief as they entered the arena lobby, "Well that took longer than it should've" she sighed before trotting over to the reception desk, "We would've been here sooner if Napoleon Dynamite over here didn't have to stop and flirt with everything with a pulse" Fleetfoot exclaimed pointing over to Rapidfire who had collapsed on a couch in the corner, "What can I say? The camera's love me" Rapidfire smirked,
"Yeah, Too bad the mare's don't" Soarin chimed in before trotting over beside Spitfire and earning a glare from Rapidfire.

Spitfire finished filling in a form and pushed it over to the mare at the reception desk who handed her four hotel room keys, "Alright" she spoke up throwing a key over to Rapidfire, hitting him in the face and then one to Fleetfoot, passing another to Soarin and keeping her own "Get some sleep, I wanna see everyone down here for warm-ups at 0700 hours understood?",
"Yes ma'am" Soarin and Fleetfoot said together, Spitfire looked over to Rapidfire who seemed to be paying no attention and occupying himself by reflecting the ceiling light off one of his badges into Soarin's eyes causing him to wince and glare at him, Spitfire trotted over to Rapidfire and smacked his hoof away before leaning in close to him and muttering something barely audible to Soarin and Fleetfoot but by the look of terror slowly spreading on Rapidfire's face they knew it was something threatening, "Understood?" Spitfire finished looking Rapidfire square in the eyes, the stallion nodded his head quickly, "Y...yes ma'am..." He stuttered in a hushed tone.

Fleetfoot and Soarin walked over to an elevator on the far side of the lobby, Soarin reached up and pushed a button to open the elevator door's before walking inside followed by Fleetfoot, as the pair ascended the tall building Fleetfoot looked over to Soarin who had an expressionless look on his face, "So... who is she?..." Fleetfoot spoke up causing Soarin to look at her strangely, "Who's wh..." his eyes suddenly widened with the realisation that she had somehow found out about Rainbow Dash, he looked away trying to avoid the conversation as best as he could, "So uh... nice city huh?" he stuttered desperately trying to change the subject, Fleetfoot stared at him blankly before sighing, "You can talk to me y'know" she said slowly, "I'm not Rapidfire... I can take these things seriously..." She continued to stare at him before Soarin finally sighed and looked her in the eye, "her name's Rainbow Dash..." he said dropping his gaze to the floor, "She's just this mare I met at the best young fliers competition last year, y'know the one that saved us with that sonic rainboom thingy?" he spoke trying to sound as casual as possible, Fleetfoot nodded and motioned for him to continue, "Well we... met again at the Gala a couple months after that... and then we danced together at the Royal wedding..." he trailed of and slowly looked back up at Fleetfoot who was staring at him inquisitively, "You... Like her?" she asked, Soarin didn't answer, "Soarin! do you like her?!" she yelled causing Soarin to flinch as the elevator doors opened on their floor, "Oh wow heheh... look at the time" Soarin said nervously holding up an imaginary watch, "I... Better get going" he said before running of down the hallway and running up to his door while fumbling for his key.

"Looking for this?" Fleetfoot's smug voice came from behind Soarin as he turned to see her holding his room key with a mischievous grin frozen on her face, "how did you..." Soarin stared at the keys in confusion, "Now answer the question and you can have it" Fleetfoot said retaining the same grin, Soarin stood in silence before letting his gaze drop to the ground, "...Yes..." he said slowly without looking up, "Yes what?" Fleetfoot asked with an expectant expression, "Yes... I.... Ligmblehrg" Soarin mumbled under his breath, "Diiiiidn't catch that...."Fleetfoot jeered dangling the keys in front of him with her grin growing wider by the second,
"Yes I like her!!" Soarin yelled quickly before grabbing the keys and hastily unlocking the door and slamming it in her face.

----------------------------------------------

Soarin trotted further into his hotel room and threw the key down on a table beside the door with the local newspaper laid on it with the headline "Freak Weather Patterns spotted near Las Pegasus", Soarin stared at the headline showing no real interest before walking further into his room. Before any kind of air show the Wonderbolts always had fancy hotel rooms to stay in for the night before and after the show and this place was no exception, expensive looking paintings lined every wall and a large crystal chandelier hung over the centre of the room, a small desk holding a complimentary fruit basket stood next to a large glass door leading through to a balcony overlooking the city.

Soarin flung his shirt onto a King sized bed that stood opposite of the balcony and wandered over to the fruit basket, he picked up an apple and walked out onto the balcony, the cool night air hit him as he opened the sliding glass door, as he approached the railing he looked down at the city below him, the flashing neon lights and signs were all slowly going out one by one, Soarin bit into the apple and stared on blankly into the city until eventually he found it It complete darkness. The stallions eyes slowly drifted away from the city and towards the night sky, he stared up in amazement at the millions of stars that now pierced the environment around him, made visible by the darkness of the city below.

"She'll be here tomorrow" a familiar voice sounded from the balcony to the left, Soarin looked over to see Spitfire staring out into the starry night from her own balcony, "What're you gonna say to her?" The mare asked without looking at him, He looked back out into the night and pondered the question for a moment, "I...I don't know if I can..." he replied blankly, Spitfire looked towards her friend to see that he was now staring down towards the darkened city with a look of sadness frozen on his face, Spitfire sighed heavily before flying over to Soarin's balcony and standing next to him, "Listen" she said sharply "Regret is a powerful thing, hell I've seen it tear ponies apart y'know? Regret about what you Should've said or what you should've done..." the mare paused before looking over to Soarin who's gaze hadn't moved from the city below them, "Soarin... I'm telling you this as your friend, not your commander...don't let her get away from you" she finished dropping her gaze.

The two Pegasi stood in silence on the balcony for a while, enveloped in the silence that had fallen over the city, "It won't work..." Soarin eventually spoke up causing Spitfire to look back over to him, "I mean... how can it?..I work almost every day, we live miles away from each other but..."
"But you would still move mountains just to see her for what little time you could..." Spitfire cut the stallion off sharply causing him to fall silent,
"I can tell you've been thinking it through..." Spitfire continued, "but I know you Soarin... you'll find a way to make it work...", The mare finished jabbing Soarin in the side before flying back over to her own balcony and beginning to walk inside before pausing and looking back over to the stallion, "And even if you don't... you should still tell her", Soarin looked over to his friend as she have him a warm smile, "Don't you think you owe her that much?", Soarin nodded and smiled back to his friend.

Spitfire trotted back inside her hotel room leaving Soarin alone again In the dark, the stallion retained the smile his friend had left him with as he returned to his room closing the balcony door behind him, Spitfire's encouraging words were still strong in Soarin's mind, the stallion paced the room back and forth, "I can make it work..." he though to himself before pausing with a serious expression now present on his face as he collapsed on his bed and stared at the ceiling, "I will make it work...".

Author's Note:

Finally managed to get another chapter out!! :D
Really sorry it took so long guys but I promise I'll try to get more out soon :)

Comments ( 11 )

Nice chapter. I can't wait for the next one. Don't keep us waiting too long.

Cool chapter:twilightsmile:
Can't wait for the next one:twilightsmile:
P.s I hope soarin actually moves a mountain :twilightsmile:

I love this chapter as much as the first!
that is saying something.:heart:

Amazin' I must say... hmm...

Love the story so far keep going PLZ... :)

Cant wait till the next one! :rainbowkiss:

MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

Moooooooreeeeeeeee

Lookin' forward to the next chapter! I wanna know what's next, so don't take TOO long!:heart:

I love this chapter.:twilightsmile:
I can't wait for more. :pinkiehappy:
:rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment