• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 4,691 Views, 43 Comments

Rainbow Dash and Soarin: Wingbeat - Pimped Kiwi



Romance/Fanfiction: When Soarin decides he'd rather spend Hearts and Hooves day on his own he goes to Ponyville where he meets a few familliar faces and even his "Super special somepony"

  • ...
10
 43
 4,691

Hearts and Hooves Day

Morning Sunlight flooded across Ponyville and the streets were alive with Pony couples, Heart shaped decorations covered the walls and a large pink and white banner with "Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!" Spread across it hung above the town hall. On the outskirts of the town Soarin sat by a lake, alone and gazing into his reflection in the water, he looked blankly over his shoulder and saw Rainbow Dash's cloud house in the distance.

Soarin had arranged to meet her in about half an hour but he hardly slept at all last night, the events of his date with Rainbow Dash still lingered strong in his mind, the image of her beautiful magenta eyes and the kiss they shared, Soarin stood up, his gaze still fixated on Dash's cloud house, the stallion trotted into town and picked up a bouquet of flowers before flying of to meet Dash.

"She wouldn't mind if I was a little early... would she?" Soarin thought to himself as he arrived on Dash's front porch holding the flowers in his mouth, he knocked on her front door but there was no answer, eventually Soarin decided to check inside, "Dash!?" he called setting the flowers down on a table "you in here!?", no response, Soarin walked out of the house and closed the door behind him, "Maybe she already went into town" He said aloud to himself sounding slightly worried, The stallion spread his wings and flew up to get a good view of his surroundings.

Although he couldn't see Dash in the town he shortly found her, sleeping, on the cloud where they had sat the night before, Soarin looked down at the sleeping mare and breathed a sigh of relief, "She probably couldn't stop thinking about last night either" Soarin said aloud to himself causing the mare to role over on the cloud and grumble in her sleep, Soarin thought about kicking the cloud from underneath her as payback but instead he found himself just staring at her, she was beautiful, every detail about her from her flowing mane to the way her cyan coat glistened in the morning sunlight, Soarin knew it for a while now, since he first saw her at the Gala, but he was to afraid to admit it to himself let alone to her, to afraid to admit that he actually loved her.

Eventually Soarin pulled Dash onto his back causing her to stir and bury her muzzle into his dark blue mane as they flew of back to Dash's house, Soarin flew through the front door and carefully dropped Dash of in what he presumed was her bedroom, Soarin sat on the end of her bed looking at her, "I'm glad you're okay Dash" Soarin said to the sleeping mare "I was worried for a moment that you might've... ran away from me" he looked down at the unconscious Pegasus that lay there before him, the image of her bright magenta eyes flashed in his eyes again, "Dash..." Soarin continued quietly to the mare yet trying not to wake her at the same time, "I... I think I love you...".

Soarin sat there listening to Dash's steady breathing, his last words seemed to hang in the air, Dash didn't move or react meaning that she was still fast asleep, Soarin breathed a sigh of relief, he knew how he felt about her but he didn't know how to tell her or even if he should tell her at all. It had been so long since Soarin had felt this way about anypony, Soarin thought back to the last relationship he had, five years ago just before he joined the Wonderbolts, the exact thing that broke up the only decent relationship he ever had, he and Spitfire both agreed that it would be better for their career to just be friends but Soarin never even felt half as close to Spitfire as what he felt when he looked at Dash.

Soarin sat there in silence for a while longer before pulling the bed covers over the still unconscious mare and trotting downstairs to let her sleep. He wanted to tell her how he felt, but part of him wanted to leave before she woke up, Soarin found himself standing outside Dash's bedroom looking back at the sleeping mare, "Maybe I'll just say 'till she wakes up.." He thought as he stood staring blankly at the mare.

Meanwhile the events of the gala played over and over in Dash's mind, how she saw Soarin from across the room, how she saved his apple pie and then how there eyes met for the first time, "Dash... I... I think I love you..." She thought she heard the Stallion say,
"Wait..." Dash thought to herself, "... He never said anything like that at the Gala..." Soarin's words echoed through the room and when Dash looked up again they were alone, Just her and Soarin, she knew this was a dream but for some reason she didn't want to wake up, then a sudden realisation swept over the dreaming mare,
"Why am I even dreaming about him?..." She thought to herself, "I mean... I like him....but...." And then it hit her, she couldn't believe she didn't realise it until now, "Ohmygosh!..." She thought suddenly, "Do I... Do I Love Soarin!?...".

Dash opened her eyes to find herself in her own cloud bed, "How... how did I get back here?..." Dash thought to herself before looking over to the corner of her room to find a familliar Pale Blue Stallion Admiring her collection of Wonderbolt Posters,
"They never get my eyes right..." Soarin said to the now awoken mare while pointing at a poster of himself, Dash blushed in embarrassment before a sudden realisation came over her,
"Ohmygosh! I'm so sorry! I completely lost track of time!" Dash stammered apologetically, Soarin waved a hoof dismissively and smiled at Dash,
"Hearts and Hooves day isn't over yet..." He began smiling at her and walking to the side of her cloud bed, "Wanna go flying?" Soarin look at the mare expectantly, she now had a look of excitement frozen on her face,
"YES!...Uh... I mean... yeah sure..." Dash responded trying not to sound too enthusiastic.

Soarin held out a hoof and helped Dash out of bed, they trotted over to the front door and Soarin exited onto the front porch, Dash went to join him but noticed a beautiful bouquet of blue and white flowers on the side table near the door, she trotted over to the flowers and read a small heart shaped greeting card that hung from the stem of one of the flowers, "To Dash, Happy Hearts and Hooves Day, Love Soarin", Dash blushed upon reading those last two words, "Love Soarin...",
"Dash? You coming?" Soarin shouted trotting back inside before coming to a full stop as he see's Dash holding the greeting card in her hooves.

"Oh... I uh... I forgot I left those here..." Soarin stammered looking over to the flowers as he began to blush,
"I love them... Thank you Soarin..." Dash said slowly looking up at the Stallion with a smile, There was a moment of perfect silence between the two as they gazed deeply into each other eyes, Soarin thought about coming right out and telling Dash how he felt right there and then but the constant fear that she may not feel the same way prevented him from doing so, "We should uh... we should go..." Soarin said slowly, shattering the perfect silence, Dash nodded in response, "Oh uh... right..." Dash responded the excitement of flying with one of her heroes returning, they turned and trotted outside without saying another word.

The two Pegasi flew for hours on end with no particular destination, trails of smoke and rainbows followed behind the two as they sped through the wide open airspace above Ponyville, neither of them spoke a word, after a while Dash began to ascend to a great height over the town, faded memories of the Best Young Fliers Competition instantly flashed in Soarin's mind as he realised what she was doing, he hastily followed her meeting her at a great altitude, they looked down at the town below them and then to each other, Soarin smiled and noded at Dash as she did the same.

The two Pegasi plunged down towards the town at a great speed causing white cones of vapour to form around them, there speed grew greater and greater as the ground came closer and closer, and then it happened, with two deafeningly loud Cracks two rings spread across the vast expanse of sky, one Rainbow ring and one storm cloud ring with sparks of electricity jumping from it, the display of colours could be seen from miles around as it illuminated the evening sky, Soarin and Dash flew away from the rings at an unbelievable speed, thick trails of storm cloud and Rainbow followed behind them as the swept across the sky before finally coming to a halt and landing on a nearby cloud.

Both Pegasi were clearly exhausted as they panted for air, then all of a sudden Dash spoke up, "That...was...AWESOME!!", She shouted excitedly, they both laughed and collapsed on the cloud next to each other still panting for air, she had never spoken like that around Soarin before, almost as if the formality of talking to a Wonderbolt had disappeared. For the first time Dash felt comfortable around Soarin, not Starstruck like she was every other time they had met but she felt an actual connection and Soarin felt it too, they laid there on the cloud, staring deeply into each other's eyes, the trails they had woven into the sky were barely visible now.

The urge to tell Dash how he felt was overwhelming but Soarin's fear still had the better of him, either way he didn't want to ruin the moment by breaking the perfect silence they once again found themselves in, time seemed to stand still while they sat together until Soarin shuffled closer to Dash, there faces were inches apart just as they had been the night before as there lips met for a second time, but this time it was different, it wasn't a surprise for either one or a "Spur of the moment" kind of thing. This time both Dash and Soarin knew how they felt about the other, even though they were both too afraid to admit it, they both knew this was love.

Author's Note:

Yay really long Chapter :D Sorry it took so long, lemme know what you guys think :) next chapter should be coming soon /)