• Published 23rd Feb 2014
  • 1,984 Views, 26 Comments

Marshmallows: RariLestia Group Prompt Collab - Bakmah Genesis



A series of 100-500 word short stories based off one word prompts.

  • ...
8
 26
 1,984

Coffee - FinestFantasy13

"What is it?" Celestia was obviously worried by now, knowing that something had to be wrong.

"What do you think you`ll do after I, you know, pass?"

"Well, a few things. Cry for around two months straight, maybe find somepony new, start a new life with them, but at the same time, not forget about you. Basically what anypony would do after losing somepony that close to them."

Then again... Celestia thought, not sure whether or not she should do it. Finally, she decided to surprise her marefriend with an unusual birthday present. She levitated her cup of coffee out of the way, & did the same for Rarity`s.

"Celestia, what are you doing? Please don`t tell me... you know that hurt my back last time."

Celestia`s horn glowed with an almost impossibly bright light, & in a moment it dissipated, leaving the two of them in the room together still.

Rarity felt exactly the same, but with one exception. A strange feeling on her back, like an itch that she couldn`t scratch. She felt a bit of movement on her back, & noticed that what she felt was no itch. She had wings!

"Celestia, what did you do!?

"Well, you were talking about dying, so I decided that if we were both immortal, you`d never have to worry about death ever again."

"But, what about my friends?"

Celestia`s face turned grim as she spoke.

"Rarity, you will have to do many things that I have done in my life. You will have to watch even your closest friends die right before your eyes, to the point that all life will seem pointless in your mind. You will start to believe that all time is nothing compared to the misery you will live through. But there is a light in all this darkness. I will be by your side through it all, & as long as we have each other, we will be able to weather the storm."

Rarity took a deep breath before speaking.

"Alright. If you say it will be okay, then I`ll take your word for it. Oh no!"

"What?"

"You spilled our coffee!"

"That doesn`t matter right now. All that does matter is that we`re both here."

Celestia leaned forward, pressing her lips against her marefriend`s as she levitated the two coffee cups off of the floor.