• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 3,092 Views, 562 Comments

Twilight Sparkle, Ace Attorney: Turnabout Smiles - Animegx43



Not only is Pinkie Pie accused of murdering ponies in Equestria, but also attempted murder of the sister of one of her best friends, and only Twilight has enough faith in Pinkie to defend her.

  • ...
3
 562
 3,092

Day 1: Investigation: 1 Cute, 1 Crazy, and 1 Crazier Pony

Twilight was shocked. Pinkie Pie, the single most innocent pony she has ever met, being a serial killer. While Pinkie was a very surreal pony, the idea of being that evil made Discord, the lord of chaos, look normal. But, Star Cestus was serious. He and his police force had came to Ponyville so they could bring Pinkie Pie in.

"I'm sorry, but you guys got the wrong mare." Twilight said. "Pinkie Pie is no killer."

"Yeah, well that's for the court to decide." Cestus said. "By the way, it's going to be held tomorrow, here in Ponyville, assuming both the prosecutor and the princess show up."

Oh, right. Since this will be a murder trial, it will need Princess Celestia's attention right away.

Twilight remembered everything that happened when Rarity had the same problem. She was accused of a crime that she didn't commit and would have the world's shortest trial because nopony would defend her. Just like Rarity, Pinkie not only needed a good friend to be by her side, by a good lawyer to prove that there was a mistake.

"Twilight will prove Pinkie's innocence!"

"Right. I'm going to defend Pinkie Pie and prove that--wait, who said that?" Twilight asked.

Just as Twilight decided to represent Pinkie Pie at the trial, someone else spoke her mind. Twilight and Cestus turned to a nearby tree , which was where the voice came from. While Cestus was confused/shocked by it, Twilight recognized the young, squeaky voice she heard.

"Sweetie Belle?" Twilight said to the tree.

"No. I'm...uhh...I'm Fluttershy?"

After winding up his front hoof, Cestus hurled a punch at the tree, causing it to shake, and thus, causing the unicorn filly hiding within to fall to the ground. The child smiled awkwardly as the two adults looked annoyed at her.

"Is this your kid, Twilight?" Cestus asked.

"No, this is Rarity's little sister, who SHOULD be back at the hospital!" Twilight said.

"And miss out on the chance to catch the one who hurt Apple Bloom? I think not!" Sweetie Belle said.

Cestus quickly got annoyed by how needlessly complicated things got all of a sudden and turned to Twilight. "Alright, pal. Since this kid is your friend, I'm going to let you deal with her. I need to get back to my investigation."

Without giving Twilight a chance to give him a response, Cestus left Sweetie Belle with her and continued his investigation, leaving behind a disgruntled alicorn and a happy little unicorn.

"So where are we going to start our investigation?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Well, I was thinking we would go see Pinkie--WAIT A SECOND!" Twilight said after she realized what she said. "I'm not bringing you with me."

"Oh, come on! I heard you let Spike help you when you played lawyer with Rarity!"

"He's my assistant. He always helps me. He's like a paid employee."

Sweetie Belle got the biggest smile on her face and gasped as soon as Twilight said her last sentence. "YOU'RE GOING TO PAY ME?"

This is starting to feel like a very one-sided conversation. Twilight thought.

Twilight knew that if she kept talking to Sweetie Belle at that rate, she would snap, and she needed her sanity to figure out everything that had happened the day before. So, Twilight took a deep breath, exhaled, and calmed herself down,

Between a dying Apple Bloom, an accused best friend, and Sweetie Belle, I needed that. Twilight thought, who felt ready to talk again. "Tell me. Why do you want to help me so much?"

"Because my family owes you one. You got my sister out of trouble back in Canterlot" Sweetie Belle said with a big grin."

Hmm. I have the strangest feeling that she's lying. Maybe I should use this chance to test out an old spell. Twilight thought.

Using her magic, Twilight's horn began to glow a very light green. As she expected, the area around Sweetie Belle turned dark and a couple of chains mysteriously appeared around her. Overlapping the chains was a single red box that appeared shortly after the chains. As Twilight hoped, a psyche-lock appeared.

Ahh. Good to know that I haven't forgotten how to use the magatama spell. Twilight thought. This spell helped me a lot when I acted as Rarity's lawyer, since I can use it to find secrets a pony tries to hide.

As Twilight only wanted to test the spell and also had a good idea as to what Sweetie Belle's secret was, she deactivated her spell. Since she knew she wouldn't be able to get rid of Sweetie Belle due to her persistence, Twilight came to a decision.

"I really can't believe I'm about to say this, but...I guess I can let you tag along." Twilight said. "But this is already something little kids shouldn't get involved in, so if it gets too much..."

"YES!" Sweetie Belle said, not caring about the chance of getting kicked off from Twilight's side.

I guess I was able to win Rarity's freedom partly because I had some help. As long as she doesn't get in my way, there shouldn't be any problems.

After giving in to Sweetie Belle's demands, Twilight aloud the filly to tag along, hoping things don't get too gruesome for her little friend. Twilight knew that Sweetie Belle's real goal was to help avenge Apple Bloom, so she figured it would've been better to keep a close eye on her anyway so Sweetie Belle wouldn't do anything foolish.

On their way off of the farm, they found out that they weren't the only civilian ponies who were at the crime scene. From a distance, they saw a pegasus pony who was watching the whole thing with delight. Twilight and Sweetie Belle walked up to him to see what he was doing.

"Excuse me sir, but this is a crime scene. You probably shouldn't be here." Twilight said.

As soon as Twilight said that, the pegasus started to laugh. He was a dark gray pegasus with a light gray, spikey a mane, and a mask for a cutie mark witch each side either having a black or white half. He also had pitch-black coloured wings, which was odd for a pegasus pony since their wings usually match their coat. Overall, he was an odd looking fellow, and to Sweetie Belle, a freaky one.

"Uhh...Twilight? Can we go now?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yeah....sure." Twilight answered with discomfort. Goodbye, very obvious suspect.

The strange pegasus laughed at Twilight again, which caused her more discomfort. Finally, after doing nothing but laughing and mocking, he finally spoke up.

"You and I both know she did it. You're wasting your time with her." The scary pony said, scaring Sweetie Belle more. "I'm sure nopony would want to see another filly hurt, like your friend here."

Is this guy threatening me?Twilight asked herself.

As he had no other reason to be around, the gray pegasus opened his black wings and quickly flew off before Twilight could ask any other questions. After hearing what he said, she didn't want to chase after him and leave Sweetie Belle behind.

"Twilight...?'Sweetie Belle said.

"Sweetie Belle, I think I'm going to want you to stay by my side at all times now. In fact, remind me to tell Rainbow Dash to keep a close eye on Scootaloo too. Until than, let's head to the detention center to speak with Pinkie Pie."

While Sweetie Belle felt less encourage to get involve, she followed Twilight anyway not just for her safety, but because she really did want to help. Twilight was at least pleased that she already had a potential suspect for Apple Bloom's attack. The question that bother her though was...

Just who was that pony and how is he involved in all of this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 12, 1:55 PM
Ponyville Detention Center
Visitor's Room

After Twilight and Sweetie Belle arrived, they asked if they would be allowed to see Pinkie Pie. While it would normally be impossible for non-lawyer ponies to see a main suspect, when it comes to her friends, Twilight will always be willing to pull the princess card.

The two sat and waited for Pinkie Pie to come and talk with them, but Pinkie took a long time to arrive. Twilight started to get worried for her friend while Sweetie began to grow impatient.

"What's taking her so long?" Sweetie asked.

"Maybe she's in the bathroom." Pinkie said.

"For 10 minutes?" Twilight asked.

It took a while before either Twilight or Sweetie to realized that something was wrong. The two turned their heads and saw that sitting between them was the one they were waiting for. As they found Pinkie sitting next to them, they jumped out of their seats in surprise. Not only that, but they were expecting Pinkie to of been on the other side of the room where the glass wall would separate them.

"Pinkie Pie! H-how did...why are..." Twilight stuttered. "Pinkie, you shouldn't be over here."

"Really?" Pinkie asked. "Oh right! You're my visitors!"

After realizing where she was, Pinkie dropped to the ground and seemingly vanished before Twilight and Sweetie. Then, she raised up from where she was suppose to be in the first place. Twilight didn't know how Pinkie did that, but that was the least of her worries.

Right off the bat, Twilight noticed that something was odd with Pinkie, or at the very least, odder than usual. She looked as happy and cheerful as usual, but every now and then, one of Pinkie's eye would randomly twitch. She didn't look stressed though, but genuinely happy.

"Twilight! I'm SOOOOO glad you're here! I've been here since yesterday and they won't even let me leave to work at Sugarcube Corner! Think you can help me out?"

Well, at least we're finally talking. Twilight thought. "Pinkie Pie, do you know why you're here?"

"Yeah, I apparently have like three murders or something, which is really weird because Fluttershy has like five of them at her cottage. She even showed one last week."

Sweetie Belle freaked when she heard what Pinkie said. "Twilight! Has Fluttershy killed five ponies?"

"No, she didn't. Pinkie, those are murder of crows. Birds. You're here because you've been accused of killing three ponies, as well as mortally wounding Apple Bloom."

"OOOOOOOHHHHH!" Pinkie Pie said as she realized what was actually going on. She then began to ponder with herself comprehend her situation. "Wow, I guess I really am in trouble, aren't I?"

NOW YOU REALIZE THAT!? Twilight thought, once again on the verge of insanity.

As soon as Twilight calmed down, she used her magic to make a small item magically appear before her, which was a small badge that had the symbols of the elements of harmony around it with the element of magic in the center.

"Pinkie, this is my Equestrian attorney's badge that Princess Celestia gave me a few months ago. With this, I am a legal defense attorney. I'd like to personally defend you in this case."

Attorney's Badge was added to the evidence.

"Oh, you mean like with Rarity's trial!" Pinkie asked. "That was so exciting! You were like OBJECTION! and Discord was all OBJECTION!. Even the judge was all like OVERRULED! On wait. He didn't do that."

Twilight and Sweetie Belle were both confused by Pinkie's choice of words, but that was a good sign since it meant that Pinkie was acting normal, but again, Twilight noticed that Pinkie would actually twitch her eyes, which wasn't normal for her. Even less frequently, a part of Pinkie, like her hoof, would shiver, but Pinkie would still look genuinely fine.

Something's not right here. Pinkie seems too comfortable. Twilight thought. "Pinkie, is everything alright. Ever since I walked in here, you've been shaking like you have your Pinkie Senses."

"Hmm...my tail isn't twitching and my knees aren't wobbly. The only time my body acts like that without predicting anything is when..." Then, a simple thought entered Pinkie's mind that caused her to gasp very loudly. "Twilight! Can you do me a HUGE favor?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"I haven't been able to take my medicine since I got arrested and haven't take it last night or this morning like I should've. Think you can bring it here for me?"

"I think I can do that. Where is it?" Twilight asked.

"I always keep a bottle of it next to my bed. It's a green bottle. You can't miss it."

It occurs to me that if Pinkie acts how she does while on medication, I'd hate to see her if she's off it. Twilight thought. "Alright. I'll fetch it while I'm off investigating. But before I leave, we need to officially make me your lawyer."

"Oh, right!" Pinkie said as she pulled a few pieces of paper out from her mane. "The police told me to give these to whoever I want as a lawyer. I was going to call my friend Sunny Justice, but you're even better."

As soon as Twilight was given the papers to sign, with the nearby guards acting as the witness of the signing, Twilight officially became Pinkie Pie's defense attorney. Technically speaking, Twilight was ready to walk into court.

"So what are we going to do now?" Pinkie asked.

"Well, me and Sweetie Belle have to go back out there and find some evidence to clear your name. That and find out what actually happened." Twilight said. "Actually...Pinkie, you've been accused of stabbing Apple Bloom."

"WHAAAT!!?" Pinkie said as she finally showed an emotion other that cheerfulness. "Applejack's sister died?"

"No. She's alive, but she's definitely not well right now." Twilight explained. "Now this is important. Where exactly were you yesterday? What happened before you were arrested?"

"Hmm...actually, I can't remember much of anything that I did yesterday."

"Why's that?" Sweetie Belle asked. "I remember seeing you at Sugarcube Corner yesterday."

"Yeah, but that's all I remember. Honestly." Pinkie said. "Here's my day: I woke up, ate breakfast, baked some cookies, went out for a walk, took a nap, and I was arrested. That was mostly until noon, but I think it was 5:00 when they took me in."

She napped for five hours? I have hard enough time believing that Pinkie can even sleep. Twilight thought. But that means she knows nothing about what happened. This will make proving her innocence difficult.

Since Pinkie had no useful information she could share, Twilight thought it was time to head out to get some work done.

"Alright Pinkie. I'm sorry are visit was so short, but I need to get back out there. The more information I can get on this, the better I can help you."

"Okie doki loki. Just remember to bring me my medicine like I asked." Pinkie said, which was followed by another sudden shiver. "Oh, and tell Applejack I said hi! I'm sure she needs all the love she can get. Poor Apple Bloom." Pinkie said with sadness.

"Alright! Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get my cutie mark for helping Pinkie!" Sweetie Belle said, who was excited to start the investigation.

Twilight rolled her eyes, but smiled at Sweetie Belle's enthusiasm. With Twilight's agenda in ordered, she gave a final goodbye to Pinkie and was off with Sweetie Belle to search for evidence. With what Twilight had learned and the unanswered questions she had, she desperately wanted to learn more details of the crimes. She knew where to start, but she still had a lot on her mind.

Supposedly, Pinkie Pie had brought Apple Bloom into her barn yesterday and tried to kill her. And yet, I believe that Pinkie wasn't lying to me. Then there's that weird gray pony. I didn't even catch his name. On top of all of that, there's three actual murders where Pinkie is the main suspect. I've heard so much, yet I know nothing. Just what is going on here.

Author's Note:

I'm not even gonna hide it. The killer is exactly who you think it is. But can you prove it? Heeheehee.

By the way, for those who know the Ace Attorney soundtrack, does "Lively People" not fit Pinkie perfectly?


Twilight's notes

Profiles:
Sweetie Belle: The little sister of my friend, Rarity. She wants to proves Pinkie Pie didn't try to kill her friend, Apple Bloom.
Star Cestus: Former Chief Commissioner of Canterlot's police force, but still holds the rank of Inspector. He's the head of the investigation.
Pinkie Pie: One of my best friends and the defendant. She's a very crazy party pony, which is arguably bad for her case.
Apple Bloom: The latest victim and sole survivor of a series of murders. Currently on life support. No child should ever of gone through what she's been through.
Applejack: One of my best friends and the older sister of the victim. Being as stubborn as she is, she seems certain that Pinkie Pie is responsible.
???: A mysterious and freaky pegasus who seems interested in this case. I know he's somehow involved in all of this.

Evidence:
Attorney's Badge: My Equestrian Attorney's badge, decorated with the symbols of the Elements Of Harmoney.