• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 558 Views, 8 Comments

Grey and Yellow - PressStart



the story takes place after equestria girls and twilight sparkle meets an old friend that she'd forgotten about.

  • ...
9
 8
 558

Chapter 3: Welcoming Committee

Grey was sleeping in his tree like usual, except for the fact that he is still sore from the incident. Other then that, he considered it just another day in his tree. He suddenly woke up to a sudden weight on his stomach. Grey chuckles at the unusually heavy weight and said "Scootaloo I must have been out cold for a long time, because you seem to have gotten bigger." He opens up his eyes to see a pegasus mare instead of Scootaloo. The mare has a blue coat and a mane of six colors.

"Your not Scootaloo." He said with a puzzled look on his face, "but you do look familiar." The mare smiled with glee and started boasting "I'm Rainbow Dash! Winner of the Hot Flier Competition! Saved the Wonderbolts!" He shook his head "Doesn't ring a bell." Rainbow Dash started to look gloomy and did a weak smile saying "I invented the Sonic Rainboom." Grey smiled at Rainbow Dash as he said "Now I remember! After the whole changling incident, I saw you do that Rainboom. That was something special."

"Really?" Rainbow Dash squealed at Grey. Grey nodded at Rainbow Dash and said "Yes really. I don't want to by rude, but it's getting hard to breathe." Rainbow Dash flapped her wings and lifted off Grey's stomach. Grey finally realized that there was two other mares with her. One of which was Applejack and the other was a unicorn. The unicorn had a silky purple mane and a pure white coat. She also seemed to be wearing some kind of fancy yellow hat which a white band and small pink flowers. Grey fluttered to the ground followed by Rainbow Dash.

"Now I know Applejack, but who are you?" Grey asked raising a eye brow. The unicorn chuckled at Grey as though he wasn't noticing something.

"Why darling! The names Rarity. I'm Sweetie Bell's older sister." She said tilting her head with a smile. Grey scanned Rarity up and down realizing what he missed.

"Huh? I don't know how I could miss the resemblance. When I first saw Applejack, I already saw the resemblance instantly. I wonder why I miss it." Grey said confused and also slightly embarrassed. Applejack started to laugh out loud.

"I think it's because Rarity can be full of herself at times. You don't have to worry about not noticing sugercube. Sometimes I forget the two are siblings." Applejack said still laughing.

"Applejack! That was rude and uncalled for." Rarity said with a scowl on her face. She was really upset by the sudden comment.

"Just let it go Rare, or have you forgotten that AJ's element is Honesty?" Rainbow Dash said raising a eye brow. Rarity looked at Applejack and then quickly jolts her head away. She made it easy to tell that Applejack hurt her feelings. A bit of a drama queen, Grey thought looking at Rarity, but she makes a point.

"Gee I'm sorry sugercube. Didn't meen to hurt your feelings." Applejack said trying to get Rarity to look at her. Grey was starting to wonder why they came in the first place. Plus Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo was always here this time of day.

"AJ give it up. Lets do what we came here for." Rainbow Dash said in an annoyed tone.

"Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, and Scootaloo wanted us to pick ya up an' take ya to Sweet Apple Acres." Applejack said still looking at Rarity. Applejack started poking Rarity on the side, until Rainbow Dash fluttered between the two mares.

"Can we just escort him there?" Rainbow Dash said clearly making it easy to tell that she was annoyed by the two.

"Let's!" Rarity said and started to walk towards the location.

"Just give it time. I'm sure she's not the type to hold a grudge." Grey said to Applejack with a awkward smile. He seriously didn't know how to deal with the situation, so he was winging it.

"Eeyup!" Applejack said then turned around and left.

"Yeah this could have gone better." Rainbow Dash said then the last two ponies started to move to Sweet Apple Acres too.


By the time the four of them got there, Grey could see most of the apple trees. At least he thought he did anyway.

"We're goin' in the barn over there." Applejack said pointing to the barn with her hoof. Grey nodded and proceeded to the barn. Rainbow Dash knocked on the barn door and it opened slightly. Grey could tell that Rainbow Dash was talking to somepony, but couldn't quite make out the words. Rainbow Dash signaled Rarity and Applejack to walk in. As soon as they disappeared into the barn Rainbow Dash signaled Grey to walk in and then she walked into the barn as well. Grey shrugged his shoulders before walking in as well. The inside was dark until the lights came on, then quickly followed by a "SURPRISE!" Grey was astonished at the sudden one word outburst, then he smiled. Still the smile didn't last long, because a earth pony mare was now in his face hopping up and down. She had a pink bobbing mane, a pink coat, and she was talking so fast that Grey's head started to hurt. He then put his hoof on her mouth, which instantly shut her up. Grey took a deep breath and sighed in relief.

"I can't even tell what you are saying. I don't know what drug your on that is making you this hyper, but you need to lower the dosage." Grey said then lowered his hoof to the ground. The hyper mare giggled and said "it's called smiles."

"Ya have to excuse Pinkie pie. She's head of the welcoming committee." Applebloom said, "Ya still get to see ya old friend Twilight." Grey scanned the room. He saw Applejack, Applebloom, Sweetie Bell, Rarity, Pinkie pie, Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, and even his beloved Fluttershy. He even saw a purple alicorn, with a pink and purple mane.

"Hi Grey. It's kind of embarrassing that I forgot about about you, but it's good to see you after all these years." The purple alicorn said smiling. Grey narrowed his eyes and walked closer the the alicorn.

"Twilight Sparkle? Well buck me, it is you." Grey said widening his eyes and smiled, "I couldn't tell at first cause you have wings. Wow, your a alicorn. Did not see that that coming. When did it happen?"

"Well..."Twilight didn't even get two words in when Rainbow Dash interrupted, "She'll tell you later. Hey do you drink?" Grey nods at Rainbow Dash's question.

"Awesome! Your me new drinking buddy!" Rainbow Dash proclaimed.

"What happened to your old one?" Grey asked raising a eye brow.

"She moved to Manhattan." Rainbow Dash said shrugging.

"Fine, give me a fizzy apple cider. We'll start now." He said as he held out a hoof with a smile. Little did Grey know being found out will end badly sooner or later.

Author's Note:

He finally got to see Twilight. There was a similar situation in this chapter, to chapter one. In the first chapter Scootaloo was on Grey's stomach, while Applebloom and Sweetie Bell was on the ground. In this chapter Rainbow Dash, who Scootaloo idolizes, was on Grey's stomach, while the older sister's of Applebloom and Sweetie Bell was on the ground. Well if you didn't know is at first, now you do.