• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 2,515 Views, 123 Comments

One Shot, One Chance - SpeederClaw



This is my first fanfic ever written so criticism is widely accepted. There are several OC's involved as well as the Mane 6 and various background ponies. Other than that enjoy!

  • ...
7
 123
 2,515

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 26: All Out Fight

“EXCUSE ME? MISTER GRAY PATCH, HOW COULD YOU!”

“Apologies, Mister Clyde, I could really do nothing to stop them. They left quickly without second thoughts.”

Clyde Put a hoof to his head and rubbed down his face. He tried to brush his mustache, but ended up stamping his foot. A certain nurse entered the room with a worried look. She was in the middle of writing something down on a short clipboard before looking up with concern. “Is something the matter?”

“Miss Redheart, it’s nothing to be concerned about. I just had a little outburst.”

“Alright, well I’m going to have to ask you to keep it down. Okay?”

Clyde nodded and Nurse Redheart left with a smile. He turned back to Gray Patch and sighed. “Can you at least tell me where they’ve gone off to?”

“The two said they were entering the forest once more.” Clyde groaned at the statement, but straightened himself up. “I’d say they didn’t make it far.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Clyde said with worry pouring down his head.

“Sorry, I meant that in a vain usage. I don’t think they found anything. You should be able to locate them with ease.”

“Right. Well then, Mister Gray Patch, I’ll be on my way.” Clyde nodded solemnly and turned with haste. “Can you do me a favor and stay here in case they happen to return?”

Gray Patch closed his eye and adjusted his top hat. “Of course.”

“Many thanks, Mister Gray Patch.” Clyde was already outside and hovering with his white wings. He zipped into the dawning sky, a white speck in the redness.

Gray Patch watched with dread. “I hope you two are doing well. You’ve just lost your back-up.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Blitz kept his head low and his face neutral. He walked at a steady pace and behind everyone else. Each step was a light tap and his breaths were performed cautiously. “So, Doctor Rivet, I don’t want to sound pushy but I need to know what the plan is. I don’t really like walking into this blind,” he said with a nervous chuckle.

“Stop asking questions and just go with stuff. That’s what I do and look at where I am now,” Bull It Buster said smiling.

‘Yeah, exactly...’ Blitz ignored the pony and focused on attaining information. “Alright, so how far is it then? I mean, shouldn’t it be close to town or something?”

“Quite the opposite; we like to set up our operations deep into the forest. If the event should occur that our plan be exposed to the public...well it wouldn’t be in my favor.” Doctor Rivet adjusted his glasses and wiped his blond mane back. “We should be arriving soon.”

‘Not good enough.’ Blitz shuffled in place before saying his next statement boldly. “Listen, I really just wanr answers right now. I’m not joking around. I need to know what’s going on here. It’s just I hate not knowing something everypony else does. I swear this is all I’m asking-” Blitz froze as he felt cold steel pressing up against his cheek.

“Oh my sweet prince did you really take me for a fool? I may be the crazy guy in this relationship, but I can smell a snitch from a mile away-”

“Alright, I suppose I must inform you if you insist,” Doctor Rivet said without looking back. “Our group, the Misfit Marauders as we call ourselves, have established a plan to take over Ponyville. Why, perhaps? You should ask my superiors why when we arrive at our destination. They gave me the tools to operate so I did not complain. They spoke of stealing trains in order to furnish their plan, but we’ve had much failure until recently. However, we shall explain this more depth when-Bullet Buster what are you doing to my assistant?”

Bull It Buster’s gun hooves drooped and flopped gently against his sides as he gave the doctor a gaping face. His eye twitched before he clamped his teeth together. “Oh my lordy, doc. My goddamn nipples can hold in more secrets than you!” He looked back at Blitz and grinned. His target-marked, yellow eyes radiated fear. “But, that gives me a goood reason to blast your squishy head open.” Blitz trembled as Bull It Buster placed his gun once more to his head. “Nighty night.” The light blue lights lit up within the muzzle and the gun spun up with light speed.

A click popped and silence followed. Blitz had tight squeezed eyes until he noticed he was still breathing. He instantly fell to the ground before staggering away from his killer.

“Doc.” Bull It Buster turned to Doctor Rivet and kneeled while grabbing his forelegs. “D-doc, doc, doc my man what’s wrong with me? Why didn’t I go rata tat tat?”

“Your guns weren’t loaded, Bullet Buster I thought you knew this!” Doctor Rivet said.

“I thought I knew this!” Bull It Buster said putting his gun hooves to his head. “Doc, ya gotta load me up, hurry! Before my target gets away. Fill me!”

“I do not-I instructed you on how to do so. How could you forget such an action?”

“Okay, I’m not a clever man.”

“Listen, let us just-” Doctor Rivet’s eyes grew wide with disappointment. He tilted his glasses and sighed. “It seems as though my assistant has fled the scene no thanks to you, Mister Bullet Buster. Quite a shame, I had such great plans for him.”

“Oh he won’t be safe fo’ long. We’ll find him; we just gotta get to the bosses. I bet you my right nut that he’ll miraculously end up there.” Bull It Buster clapped his machine hooves together in anticipation.

Doctor Rivet chuckled. “I do not believe in Celestia’s work. My hoof is that of creation, but we shall see about your theory. Come now.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Blades swung and energy flew in all directions as Vice and Enzo dodged assortments of attacks. Enzo’s blade was already at work deflecting launched metal rotary blades and jumping over explosions of blue energy. Vice’s mechanized wings were also keeping up with flurries thrown by Sir Cutter X. “Hell in a handbasket, Enzo! This is turning out to be a weird cartoon-aname-or whatever you call it. Flying metal shurikens slash buzz saws, a hand cannon and this dingus with knives. Doesn’t get any weirder!”

“Asshole.” Sir Cutter X had launched his blade-like hoof at Vice and missed by centimeters.

“Wow,” Vice said as he slowly soared into the air. “Seems like all this time spent in the wonderful land of Equestria really did soften me up; can’t even swear now.”

“Doesn’t change the fact that you’re a killer deep inside. We’re all killers, especially you.” Sir Cutter X scratched at the floor in a taunting attempt to bring Vice down from the air.

“You don’t know shit about me, bro. But yeah this killer is about to murdelize you.” Vice cocked his body before blasting himself towards his grounded target. Sir Cutter X raised his blade arms in defense and managed to block against Vice’s outstretched wing.

“Hah, you don’t think I’m that weak. I’m the leader of the Misfit Marauders. I’m invincible!”

Vice got back to his feet and continued to parry with Sir Cutter X. Enzo had similar issues as he faced both attackers at once. His body and spirit never faltered and he moved exactly as he coordinated.

“C’mon, Enzo, tell me,” Joltaire said as he shot another blue energy bomb. “Did you accomplish anything else besides making your prissy little friends? A home? Family?” The unicorn laughed at his own words. “I hope you're still the same Enzo inside. Otherwise, killing you won’t be as satisfying. Here, let me demonstrate how I’m still cool ole’ me.” Joltaire’s horn lit up as a faint blue and the metal device on his back began to shudder. Enzo watched with worry as the white stallion’s back began to construct itself outward. “Jetpack, baby.”

Enzo went to strike, but was caught off guard by a spinning blade. It nipped his scarf before digging itself into the soft ground. He turned to see a black pegasus zooming straight for him. Holding two blades in each hoof, Masquerade Blade threw both in a fly by. Enzo deflected one, but suffered a cut to his cheek by the other.

“See? I’m flying and doing magic. I’m special.” Enzo observed Joltaire’s meaning with more nervousness. The pony’s back device had sprouted two vertical thrusters exhausting sea blue fire.

“You won’t hold that for long though. It’s physically impossible,” Enzo said.

“Oh, Mister Native Boy here knows everythin-” Joltaire’s voice sailed off as he felt for his head. He landed hard and Enzo took initiative to attack. “Damn this magic sugar shit.” However, Masquerade Blade had materialized next to Enzo and almost bisected the pony. Enzo jumped away and finally took note of his attacker’s wings.

“...”

“How you doing over there, Enzo?” Vice called still boxing with Sir Cutter X.

“Fine, Masquerade Blade has wings and Joltaire is a unicorn!” Enzo said back.

“Cool, that means that this guy right here sucks ‘cuz it doesn’t look like he has anything fancy.”

“Excuse me, you little prick? Have you seen my cutting tools? My armaments?”

“Have you seen my metal wings? Dude, metal wings. That’s stuff of legends; who cares if you have blades all over your body and your dick.”

Sir Cutter X’s eyes filled with fury. “A bigger dick than you’ll ever-”

“Blue!” Both stallions diverted their attention towards a left out character. “It’s blue, I see blue!”

“Hey, you filthy creature! What are you talking about? What blue?” Sir Cutter X said.

“It’s blue!”

“You stupid-” Sir Cutter X found himself sent sprawling and crashing into a multitude of trees as Vice took the opportunity to get a wing slap in.

“Blue, blue, blue, blue!”

“What the hell-Blitz?” Vice watched as the monster bounced up and down towards his friend.

Blitz’s breathing exceeded reality as he gasped for air. His mouth hung open dry, his cheeks were lightly sprinkled with tears. His eyes sealed shut and his motion was linear. ‘Just run, don’t stop. Tell the others, don’t stop. Don’t stop.’ Blitz finally opened his eyes and screamed a raspy squeal as an orange creature pounced atop his body.

“Blue!”

Blitz’s screaming did not cease as he stared at his smiling captor. “Wha-wha-” He couldn’t spit out his terrified words. The creatures golden-like eyes stabbed through all sense of mind Blitz had; the exposed, fleshy mouth increased that absence. ‘

“Blue...”

“Eat a dick, freakface!” Blitz felt pressure relieve from himself. Vice had managed to remove the monster via wing attack and hoisted Blitz up by his head. “What are you doing here?” Blitz’s silence spoke for him. “Agh, shit. What are you doing here, hey! Hey!” Vice shook Blitz lightly.

“Vice, I found about-out-bad something-bad-figured.” Blitz paused himself with a raised hoof. “Vice, some ponies are planning some bad things.”

“Yeah, I can tell. Now tell me what you are-how’d you get here!” Vice eyed the fallen Sir Cutter X and creature with readiness to strike.

“I was running away from this doctor named-”

“Doc Rivet; son of a bitch!”

“And his lovely, loaded companion!” Vice’s eyes lit with astonishment and he dived into Blitz. The two landed safely on the ground while a stream of bluish purple bullets flew overhead. “Aw piss, why you gotta jump out of the way? Why can’t you just accept my psychotic judgment?”

“’Cuz I ain’t ready to kick the bucket…Bullet Buster.”

Bull It Buster’s face twitched into surprise. “Who dat?” Upon closer inspection he clapped his gun hooves together. “Vice! Oh my, is it really you? Hehe, in the…flesh?”

“Yeah, you crazy bastard. It’s me. Now, would you mind not shooting at us?”

“Nope, you must suffer the wrath of Bull It Buster; the craziest of them all. Don’t you remember how I had to be kept on a leash? No matter, let me shower your asses with my hail of bullets. You better be prayin’ to your goddamn mother’s titties and all of her juices!”

“Gross,” Vice said.

“Quite my douchebag friend.” Vice swung his metal wing instinctively behind him. Sir Cutter X dodged and countered with a quick slash to Vice’s shoulder. “Too slow!” Both ponies grabbed each other and started to wrestle.

“Hey move it, Sir Fancylot! I’m trying to get a shot in without blowing your-UGHWAAH!” Bull It Buster felt a cold wetness blind him and he fired his guns in recoil. Bullets sprayed everywhere as the deranged pony tried in vain to wipe his eyes. “Ahh, it’s so cold it burns!”

“Hey watch it-gah!” Sir Cutter X suffered a graze and was finished by another jab to the face by Vice. The pony resumed his incapacitation on the ground. Vice retreated behind a tree to avoid being torn up by the still flying bullets.

“Vice!”

“Blitz?” A faint image of a snowball hitting Vice’s cheek swiped past his mind. “Did you throw a damn snowball?”

“Yeah! I think it did something!” Blitz found himself hiding behind a tree as well. He felt a sense of respite before all chaos unleashed within his body.

“Blue, blue!”

“Not this time, dickhole!” Before the orange creature could get another grip on Blitz, Vice grappled the beast by the neck and started to choke him out. The pony flailed its claw-like hooves and screeched in terror. “Feisty little bugger!”

“Get this cold piss outta my eyes!” Bull It Buster refused to cease fire. The constant sound of banging rattles ran through the air.

“Bah, let me shut him up! C’mere!” Vice maneuvered his grip on the orange creature and trapped the pony within his wings. Vice leaped forward and managed to hurl the monster straight at the spazzing gunner. The two mentally unstable ponies collided with a crack.

“That’s pretty good. Is this your horse friend by the way?”

Vice cursed before facing a delicate situation. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Ahh, still playing the innocent, shady type I see. Trying to hide the truth.” Sir Cutter X pointed his blade at a confused Blitz. “Ask him, where he’s really from. I can tell you that he’s a big liar.”

“Don’t listen to him, Blitz. He’s trying to get into your head.”

Blitz shook his head and pointed back at the bladed pony. “I don’t even know you. But I can tell you’re not the pony I’d like to trust.”

Sir Cutter X chuckled. “What. These?” He raised his bladed hooves. “I’m not that scary, am I?”

“No, you’re actually not,” Blitz said nonchalantly.

“You dare insult-” The pony was sent to the embracing ground again as Vice swooped in quickly to shut down the distracted leader.

“Nice thinking, Blitz,” Vice said with an impressed smile.

“Can we just get out of here so I can tell Clyde what’s happening-”

“NO! No, no, dude. We aren’t telling anyone-pony about this.”

“Are you freaking kidding me, Vice? I’m telling Clyde no matter what and you can leave me; whatever. I’m tired of you guys keeping secrets and I’m not going to keep quiet about this.”

“You idiot, Blitz!”

“You’re the idiot!”

“God, you stubborn-”

“Enzo!” Blitz pointed towards the black stallion still defending against his two attackers.

“Getting tired yet?” Joltaire said as he fired another energy ball.

“I wouldn’t be talking,” Enzo said as he dodged with ease.

“Heheh, you’re still vicious to the very end.”

“Why me? Why can’t you just leave me alone!”

“Because you deserve death. We all deserve death, but you’re just going first.” Joltaire kept a fair distance between his prey as he never lifted his aim off Enzo. “We’re bad souls trapped in a pure world. You taint this world just as much as I do.”

“I’ve changed,” Enzo said. “I am not-”

“There is no change; a killer will always be a killer. Designed to destroy and designed to take lives was our cause. Deep down, we are all the same to our core.” Joltaire shook his head as he spoke. “Sir Cutter X may be running the show, but I’m still just as important and way cooler.”

As soon as Joltaire had finished his sentence, Enzo received a hard attack from Masquerade Blade from above. Enzo barely blocked a thrown saw blade and was forced to crouch. The pegasus forced all his weight into a full dive. Blade met saw as the two stayed in stalemate. Enzo started to push back in succession, but felt a sharp pain sear his right side. He felt coldness seep into his body and lost the battle as Masquerade Blade crushed his opponent into the ground.

“I’m not one to stand and watch.” Joltaire stood with his gun now spinning down. “Just because you’re facing another guy doesn’t mean I’m gonna let you both finish. It’s a cheap shot, I know, but then again they don’t call me a cheater for nothing.”

Dark blood slowly dripped down to Enzo’s legs. Masquerade Blade swung his blade and slapped Enzo with the flat part of the blade, sending him spiraling towards a tree. Blood stained the grass, as Enzo’s exposed wound bled itself dry.

“One shot is all it took, Enzo. One shot.” Both ponies were closing in, gun raised and blades ready. “Not as satisfying doing an execution, but hey, it’ll satisfy me enough.”

Masquerade Blade unleashed his ring blades and Joltaire fired. As the projectiles homed in on Enzo he closed his eyes and feebly raised his own blade. Collision happened and all projectiles met a reddened tree, missing their intended target by inches.

“Of course, you would run.” Joltaire watched as Vice carried both Enzo and Blitz through flight. He flew clumsily higher and higher until he reached the overgrowth above. The three disappeared through the green and the stallions below watched in dismay.

“They’ll be back,” Sir Cutter X said walking slowly towards his two partners. “We aren’t done.”

“You are; you were on the ground half the time,” Jolatire said grinning.

“Let me remind you who’s in charge and how you got a lucky shot,” Sir Cutter X said irritably. “This isn’t the first time Enzo has escaped death. In fact, death seems to be rushing by his side as we speak. However, our plan for Ponyville is still in effect.” Sir Cutter X raised an eyebrow before chuckling. “Ah, doctor, you just missed the party.”

“Terribly sorry,” Doctor Rivet said in rushed pants. “It seems everypony around here has limitless energy. I tend to tire our easily.”

Sir Cutter X nodded. “Well then, get to work on our special train when you can. Masquerade Blade come here. I have a mission for you that you’ll certainly like. Joltaire, rally everyone up. It’s time we start to act.”

PreviousChapters Next