• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 2,508 Views, 123 Comments

One Shot, One Chance - SpeederClaw



This is my first fanfic ever written so criticism is widely accepted. There are several OC's involved as well as the Mane 6 and various background ponies. Other than that enjoy!

  • ...
7
 123
 2,508

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Bloody Patch

Blitz trotted with an upbeat pattern in his stride. He walked with energy towards his destination and let the bright sun shower him with grace. About halfway through his route, he slowed his pace and thought about Fuzzy Fry. His mind raced with already asked questions about his friend, but he squeezed them out instantly.

“Won’t have that,” Blitz said in a low hum. As soon as he regained focus, a pristine looking pony had materialized in front of him. Impact was imminent and Blitz felt a sense of dread run down his throat. He coughed up the words awkwardly. “Oh, I’m sorry. I, uh, I’m-I didn’t mean to bump into you.”

The other pony retaliated with a chuckle. Blitz identified the individual as very well dressed; his entire body was covered in accessories. The pony swiftly picked up his fallen monocle and placed it over his crimson red eye. Adjusting his top hat and brushing his thick mustache, the stallion spoke with ease. “Well now, that was rather unexpected.”

Blitz started to settle down, he could feel the pony speaking softly. “You’re okay right? I hope I didn’t hurt you.”

The other pony raised an eyebrow and paused for a moment. Some sort of realization struck and he laughed once more. “Ah yes, this old thing.” He wiggled his bandaged hoof. “My left, er, fore leg has taken quite a few beatings before. I’m alright…ah yes, excuse my rude mannerism. I haven’t even introduced myself. I am Gray Patch.”

“Blitz.” The unicorn stuck out a hoof to shake, but pulled back with embarrassment. Gray Patch merely smiled. “So, uh, what’s a pony like you doing around these parts?”

Gray Patch stood up straight. “I’m from Canterlot. I’ve been searching for a few ponies; do Vice and Enzo ring any bells?”

Blitz was ready to speak, but held himself back vigorously. ‘Wait, how does he know them? I’ve already had my fair share of shady characters. How can I trust this guy?’ He spoke apprehensively. “Yeah, I’ve heard of them before. How do you know them?”

“We’ve had some...strange encounters recently. Let’s just say that I need to tell them something important. Perhaps you don’t know, but that’s alright. I’ll find out eventually.”

“They’re at the farm, Sweet Apple Acres.”

Gray Patch stared at Blitz with uncertainty. “It is unusual that you would trust such a pony as myself so easily. However, I thank you for the information but will say this. Be cautious of who exactly you trust. Do not let yourself believe what everyone else says out of courtesy. Many here tend to trust others without consideration.”

Blitz nodded. “Right.”

“Well then, I shall be off. I thank you, again, for this information.” Gray Patch bowed slightly to his best ability and started walking past Blitz.

The blue stallion stood stunned for a second, a plan started formulating within his head. ‘Never trust anypony...part of my life lesson.’ He resumed his walk again, albeit troubled. ‘And I just broke it. Time to restart...again.’

~~~~~~~~~~

Trees bustled and leaves rustled as Clyde continued his flight over the apple tree forest. “Don’t worry, Mister Vice, we are almost at the hospital.”

Vice grunted in acknowledgement. He leaned over to Enzo and whispered with agitation. “Yo, uh, I think I’m feeling better?”

Enzo gave Vice a look of doubt, but saw that the pegasus was able to lift his wings again. “Um, why?”

“Well if I knew I wouldn’t be telling you. Thing is, I just made Clyde crap himself wet and I let those bozos get away at the same time,” Vice said with defeat. “This sucks.”

“Boys, Mister Vice, we’re here.” Clyde gently fluttered to the ground and let the duo disembark. He eyed Vice and did a double-take of the head. “Mister Vice, you’re able to walk!”

“It’s a GD miracle, Clyde. I think I’m feeling-”

“We need to get you inside right now!” Clyde grabbed Vice by his body and hauled him through the hospital doors. Enzo watched with silent amusement and followed. As he lagged behind, he heard a faint call for his name.

“...nzo is that you?”

The black stallion turned around and faced his caller. “Gray...Patch?”

“Yes, I’m glad you remember me.” Gray Patch smiled and came forth. “I see we have a predicament with your good friend, Vice.”

“Yeah, he sort of...um. He got injected with an unknown liquid,” Enzo said.

“Interesting. Let me have a look at him. Maybe I can conclude something out of it.”

Enzo let his confusion take over, he watched motionless as Gray Patch entered the hospital. “What?” He could hear a commotion erupting from the hospital and entered himself. Vice sat sagging on one of the hospital chairs, he looked irritated by Clyde’s shenanigans.

“Mister Gray Patch, I cannot express my truest joy to see you once more! However, it seems as though Princess Celestia has picked an ill time for us to meet.”

Gray Patch chuckled. “So it seems. How is Vicer?”

“Dying.” Both ponies eyed Vice with intent.

“Yes, it appears Mister Vice has gotten himself into an unlikely accident...again. The two boys said they’ve had an encounter with some stallions within the forest adjacent to Sweet Apple Acres. I have reason to believe that this masked pony we all saw in Canterlot was involved; he must be their leader.”

Gray Patch smiled and put his free hoof on Clyde’s shoulder. “Maybe it would be best if you contacted the head of the royal guards to send an investigation team. I’ll watch over these two.”

Clyde brushed his mustache. “Alright then, Mister Gray Patch, I’m trusting you to ensure that Mister Vice is all settled. I will contact Princess Celestia and inform her of what happened. I shall be back.” He turned to both Vice and Enzo. “Miss Twilight will know of this.”

Vice went to protest, but Enzo shut him down again. “Alright, Clyde, that’s okay.” The guard pony nodded and headed out the hospital doors with a hurry. Attention fell on Vice. Gray Patch inspected the pony with his watchful red eye.

“Yo man, I’m feeling great. You don’t-wait, you’re not a doctor. What the hell?” Vice slid away with each step Gray Patch took.

“If you would allow me to take a blood sample-”

“Again, what the hell?”

“Vice, I can resolve your issue if you would just trust me.” The pristine pony edged closer to Vice who slowly calmed down.

“If you start touching me inappropriately, then I’m gonna have to slap your shit.”

“Right then.” Gray Patch got up to Vice and produced some sort of blade from under his chest suit.

‘Totally not suspicious, totally not questionable and I’m totally not going to get shanked right here,’ Vice thought. He squirmed around as he felt the cold blade enter the flesh of his fore leg.

“It’s only a poke,” Gray Patch said removing the blade and wiping it with a cloth.

“A poke too much.” Vice looked down to see his own little stream of blood trickle down to his hoof.

Gray Patch examined said blood; he felt it and brought his red eye close. The two almost matched in color. He concluded his results with a nod and wiped away the excess blood. “Interesting. You’re blood is different than the normal blood common throughout Equestria.”

“Different? That’s kinda funny actually.”

“Yes, it’s what saved you a horrible fate. You say you got injected with an unknown liquid, correct? Well you’ve been unaffected, as it seems, due to your...strange blood. It is much darker and thicker than normal blood. I’ve only ever seen this type elsewhere once. I would like to say that it is rare, almost to the point where I would even say it does not exist. However, you seemed to have broken that theory.”

“Uh, is that a good thing?” Vice anxiously swished around as he felt vile with the fluids within.

“It’s what saved you.” Gray Patch turned to Enzo and smiled. “Your friend is fine.”

Enzo let all the worries flush out his system. “Good, at least we can now-”

“Go back and kick ass, c’mon Enzo, I’m free!” Both Gray Patch and Enzo gave Vice dissatisfied faces.

“So you’ve chosen to go back after just thinking you had been injected with poison,” Gray Patch asked with a tilt of the head.

“Yep, let’s go, Enzo.” Vice was already halfway through the door when Enzo spoke up.

“Vice, maybe we should take it easy. I’m worried...again.”

“No need to be worried once we clean up house. I got distracted by a pretty bitch, okay? This time I’m all offense; anything moves and I’ll wreck its anus.”

Enzo sighed and spoke to Gray Patch loudly for Vice to hear. “Can’t you do anything to stop him?”

“First off, that is your job as his friend.” The words shot through Enzo like cold steel. “Second, I cannot stop you two, nor Vice for that matter, from going back. It’s not my job to govern your own decisions.”

Enzo let his body get dragged as Vice pulled him away. “Don’t worry, Enzo. If things get rough I’ll just use fly to get our asses out of there.”

Gray Patch watched as the two ponies left his view. He could still hear Vice’s commotions outside and stayed silent until they ceased. “Naive fool.”

~~~~~~~~~

“Celestia, Bloom, you sure are a romantic,” said Blitz whistling as he delivered another letter to Rose’s mailbox. He lifted the red flag and trotted back to the Emporium with joy. The sunshine poured its rays of light down towards Blitz; he let his blue body absorb all the heat. “Gosh, it’s so good to be me right now. I love this!”

After minutes of sunshine and walk, he finally reached his destination and eagerly went to his station to receive more work. The unicorn glanced around for his boss before inspecting his package. “Doctor Rivet, side of market.” Blitz looked at the wall with a face in attempt to amp up his spirit. “Again? Why.”

He lifted the box and noticed that it was much lighter than his previous load for Doctor Rivet. “So, we’re gonna meet again. Maybe I might just take up his offer to be assistant. That way I can open myself up to others, he might have some useful spells or-”

‘Many here tend to trust others without considering who that particular other exactly is.’

The words rang through Blitz’s mind. “Right.” As he departed for delivery, he passed something odd. A single roll of paper was sitting in the middle of the room. “Hmm, looks like Post Pole or Derpy might have dropped his. He went to pick it up with his hoof, but stopped. He looked around himself before lifting the newspaper with magic.

The string unknotted itself and the paper unrolled onto the ground. Blitz cursed himself for even attempting magic outside Twilight’s house. “Darn, this is why I don’t use magic.” He went to physically pick up the paper when he spotted a familiar name. “Doctor Rivet?” Upon closer inspection, he read one section of the article that sent goose bumps riveting through his body.

“Doctor Rivet, accused of being a fugitive from Canterlot. Any ponies with information regarding this ‘doctor’ should contact a local guard for questioning. Be safe and be on the lookout for the pony with the scalpel and wrench cutie mark.”

“Excuse me, Mister Blitz, is there something wrong?”

Blitz jumped and spun his body around to face his boss. “Mister Post Pole!”

“What is that you have with you?” Post Pole came closer and Blitz could tell he was not impressed. “Reading documents again, I see. These types of papers are bundled up for a reason. Give me that.”

Blitz handed the newspaper over sheepishly and let Post Pole take his important piece of info. “S-sorry. Won’t ever happen again!”

“I don’t believe you, but I’ll take your word. If it does happen again, you will be fired. Understand, Mister Blitz?”

The pony nodded and watched his boss exit with the newspaper. He wondered about what Post Pole could be doing and left with those thoughts in his head. Post Pole had never returned to the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

“Ahh, Blitz, is it?”

“Yes, Doctor Rivet, I have another delivery for you.”

“Splendid. Give it here.” Blitz handed over the smaller, lighter box to the doctor. He stood awkwardly as Doctor Rivet soon sought to leave the area. “Is something troubling you?”

“Um, do you know when you asked me to be your assistant?” Blitz said trying to suppress his shaking voice.

“Why of course. Like I said, you fit perfectly for such a role.”

Blitz nodded. “I’ve made up my mind. I want to be your assistant. I trust that you are a good pony and I want to learn more from you.”

This response gave Doctor Rivet a sense of pride. “Well now, that was very nice praise. I thank you for your kindness and I accept you as my assistant. Let us walk, yes?”

Blitz only nodded and followed loosely behind the doctor. ‘I have no time to get Clyde for this. I’m going to have to tough this out and figure out who this Doctor Rivet is.’ He continued walking; the two eventually entered the forest. ‘Celestia give me power, this is not going to end well.’ The greenery surrounded Blitz, the sun had started to fade by the overgrowth above. ‘Why do I have to be such a hero...’

PreviousChapters Next