• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 2,515 Views, 123 Comments

One Shot, One Chance - SpeederClaw



This is my first fanfic ever written so criticism is widely accepted. There are several OC's involved as well as the Mane 6 and various background ponies. Other than that enjoy!

  • ...
7
 123
 2,515

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 15: Magical Conclusions

“So sorry to hear that you’re leaving, again,” Gray Patch said adjusting his top hat.

“Well, duty calls, as they say. I must and I absolutely must check on the girls. I’d never forgive myself if I overlook this,” Clyde said.

“So I see. Well then, I mustn’t keep you any longer.” Celestia’s sun was long gone as Luna’s moon overlooked the dark night. The trio along with Gray Patch stood outside the still lit mansion. Guards were marching furiously in and out of the building as hoovesteps echoed in the night. Clyde gazed out in a solid direction while Vice and Enzo hesitantly approached the large pegasus.

“So, this song and dance again?” Vice said as he and Enzo placed themselves atop Clyde’s sturdy back. “Might just take a long nap.”

“Feel free to do so, Mister Vice. We’ve had quite a rough night…I just hope we can get back before sunrise,” Clyde responded quietly.

“A rough night, indeed,” Gray Patch said wholeheartedly. “I’ll have to be icing this bump soon enough.” The pristine pony rubbed the back of his head and eye smiled at the group.

“So, you were pounded on the back of the head while…fancying up?” Vice reiterated.

“Correct. I’m certain that the ruffian was changing into his costume and I was unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity of his plot.” Gray Patch paused for a moment and exchanged a short, nervous laugh. “Should be just a pain for a little while, nothing you all should be concerned about. I’m sure there are more oppressing matters to deal with. I wish a safe, swift journey back home.”

Gray Patch stepped towards Clyde and faced Enzo. “Ah, a letter from me. I feel as though we personally haven’t really gotten to know each other that well. I’ve certainly learned a lot about your friends, so just open that up whenever you get the chance.” Gray Patch bowed as Enzo sheepishly accepted the enclosed envelope.

Clyde nodded and sprung into the air with great force. Gray Patch held his top hat as the air brushed past his face. However, his mustache stayed in a solid state. Clyde glanced at Gray Patch one last time before turning abruptly and flying off. “Goodbye, gentlecolts. May our paths meet again one day!” the pristine stallion shouted as he tilted his head a bit and smiled.

“And a farewell to you, Mister Gray Patch. It was an honor to be with you this evening.” Those were the last words spoken before silence took over the flight back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

“Get a move on! Before somepony sees us!” Trixie pushed Blitz forward as the simple houses of Ponyville came into view. He took the abuse with full will force as he needed to ensure the safety of his belonging.

’What a mess did I get myself into,’ Blitz thought to himself as he and Trixie entered the town. ’Just a few nights ago I was lying peacefully in a hospital. Now, I’m creeping into an innocent town for Celestia knows what reason. Starting to get tired of ponies being so mysterious all of a sudden.’

Blitz almost crashed headfirst into a wall, but before he could do so, a sharp hiss stunned him. “Y’know, I could just reverse that spell I did and break your leg instantly. Keep focused!” Trixie said with stabbing harshness.

Blitz tried to distinguish truth and lie with failure and didn’t hesitate to follow his master’s orders. Luna’s moon still shone menacingly through the buffering clouds as the two ponies skulked through the night. Light hoovesteps clattered in the silent night, one more loud and assertive than the other. “Stop screwing around, let’s just deal with this. Then you can be on your merry way,” Trixie said.

The incentive to leave his captor gave Blitz the will to keep trudging on. He nodded with false firmness and followed Trixie’s lead. He could only watch in amazement as the tenacious mare readied her horn with circulating magic. She aimed high and shot a glimmer of light purple energy towards the tree house. Seconds ticked away before the tree started to shudder. Bulges blew from the tree and soon solidified into solid squares leading up to the tree’s rooftop.

The words 'come on' zipped through Blitz’s skull as he broke away from Trixie’s magic. He cautiously tailed Trixie as she effortlessly glided towards the roof with each step in sync with the other. Before Blitz could even get a rhythm going, Trixie was already busting through the roof. Sighing, he quickened his clumsy pace and hurried for his captor.

As Blitz landed the final step near the roof, he felt himself oddly able to float. He felt nothing but air before colliding with hard wood and instantly smothered with books. Luckily, he felt only small pains and thanks Celestia that his leg wasn’t broken once more. A musty scent escaped through his numb nose and brought him back to his senses. He slowly straightened up and examined his surrounding which consisted of a sea of books. Several colors created a distorted rainbow as Blitz’s eyes circled around the encased room.

“You-" Instantly sensing Trixie, Blitz turned around to see her and mouthed the words ‘sorry’. A short grumble was received before Blitz was dragged by his abductor. He let himself relax a bit as Trixie pulled him towards their destination.

’Right, I give up,’ Blitz thought with some sense of relief. ’This is just ridicu-‘ Ground met the unicorn’s face as he was detached from Trixie. He looked up and absorbed the image of a furious mare with her horn glowing dark purple. Something in the distance was glowing and her horn zapped with energy.

“Wait a minute, this is a bedroom-wait, Trixie, is that-“

“Yes, my little crony. The Great and Powerful Trixie has finally caught her rival!” Trixie said over-dramatically. It took a moment for Blitz to react.

“So you forced me to work for you just so I could help you with a rivalry problem?” Blitz grew more agitated as thoughts poured themselves into his mind. “You couldn’t do this by yourself, you really needed my help?”

“Yes,” Trixie said coolly. “You’re the finishing touch.” Blitz finally looked over towards Trixie’s spoils. A circular bubble encased a celestial bed. Faint thumping could be heard within the bubble. Blitz neared the object and found a purple mare trapped within. Her dark purple hair lay askew and her similarly purple eyes were filled with confusion as she rattled her hoof on the barrier. Her eyes fell on Blitz who winced in alarmed concern at what was happening before him.

“Trixie, what are-" Blitz turned around and spotted Trixie dumping water onto the wooden floor. He watched in horrid realization when Trixie materialized a cerulean spear within seconds and hovered it towards Blitz.

“This is where training pays off.”

~~~~~~~~~~

“Come on, Clyde, calm yourself. Nothing bad’s gonna happen to the town,” Vice said jokingly, but reassuringly. “Can’t worry too much. Ain’t healthy.” Clyde looked down at the marshmallow clouds fleet by him as he continued to carry Vice and Enzo across Equestria.

“It’s a guard’s curse, my boy. I’m almost always inclined to worry.” Clyde peered back and spotted a sleeping Enzo along with a bored Vice. “But, don’t you boys start to worry. We’re almost there,” he finished with a halfhearted laugh. The night plodded on as Luna’s moon kept its taunt on Clyde with sleep. Trying to keep steady, the guard pony gently entered through the cloud barrier and revealed specks of green.

“Huh, I think I can see Ponyville from here. Everything looks fine, so I guess nothing exploded…yet.” Vice snickered which sent chills down Clyde’s spine. “Kidding, stuff looks-“ A white burst of light flashed over in the distance, deterring Clyde and Vice’s focus. Vice’s mouth hung open as Clyde tensed up and changed course of direction.

“Wha…” Enzo slowly shuffled around on Clyde’s back.

“Had a nice nap?” Good, cuz we’re about to get some more action,” Vice said. The source of white fury became closer and closer until Clyde came to a complete stop. “Wo-woah, you tryin’ to kill us?” Said Vice clutching Clyde’s back.

“That’s…Twilight’s house!” Clyde exclaimed. “Miss Twilight Sparkle!”

“I’m gonna go on a limb here and assume she’s, uh, important. I’m also gonna assume we’re going in there, so what’s the plan?” Vice grew more excited as Enzo subtly grew more distressed.

“You assume well. Eh, we need to…let me think-“

“Yo, there ain’t no time to think, just do!” With that said, Vice leaped off of Clyde’s back and spread his wings. The calm air around him fluctuated into an intense presence as he prepped himself for a launch. “I gotta redeem myself after that fight with big man!” Vice disregarded his companion’s gasps and protests as he flew straight towards his intended location. Twilight’s tree kept a solid white glow, each window and each opening spewed lustrous light.

Vice spotted an opening and swooped into the construct. He landed with a roll and assumed a fighting stance with hooves raised. He had his wings extended and following the motion of his swaying hooves. “Alrighty folks, let’s amp up the party!” he said with gusto.

Silence trailed behind Vice’s words as he noticed nopony paying attention to him. He stood with a crooked, awkward smile watching the scene before him. Two mares stood opposite of each other shooting beams of magic. A vortex of energy formed in the middle where the two beams met at, the source of the ghastly white power.

Vice peered left and right, analyzing each mare, before spotting a particular blue stallion. “You!” Blitz turned to his caller and had multiple reactions occur at once consisting of gasps, sighs and groans.

“Vice? What-"

“What am I doing here? No- what are you doing here?” Vice said cutting of Blitz’s question. “Damn, is this a threesome gone wrong?”

“What-no! I-" A crash followed by splintering wood extinguished Blitz’s voice once more. A pegasus dropped done and landed promptly with a clear thud. He looked directly at the shuddering unicorn with a very frustrated face.

“Mister Blitz!”

“Now you made the big guy angry,” Vice said. As the scene played out, both mares break concentration and focus on the new intruders. The white vortex in the middle dissipated and all was quiet. “Okay, okay, before everyone starts dropping bricks, lemme take a gander at this,” Vice said quickly. “So, Blitz, you’re here with ya girlfriend and-“

“Girlfriend!?” Both Blitz and Trixie simultaneously yelled.

“She’s not my-oh no.” Blitz found himself pinned to the cold, hard ground as muscle smothered his entire body.

“You’ve got some explaining to do, Mister Blitz!” Clyde screamed in Blitz’s terrified face. “Boys, I trust that you both can take care of the other culprit.” Both Vice and Enzo glanced between the purple mare and the blue mare. Each held an expression of bewilderment, fatigue and vexation.

“Um, which one?” Enzo said softly.

“Yeah, both look equally pissed,” Vice added.

“Her!” the two mares accused.

“And both equally hot,” Vice whispered evilly to Enzo who blushed on cue.

“Why-" Before Enzo could proclaim his feelings, Trixie turned and hissed as she diverted some of her magic towards him. Blue bullets of energy shot just past Enzo as he ducked immediately and rolled out of the way. He could feel warmth in his neck and noticed some of his scarf had been singed off.

“Don’t you dare interfere with me and her!” Trixie said viciously.

“Hey, lady!” Trixie riveted her eyes and spotted an approaching pegasus with wings raised intensely. “You may have a pretty face, but that’s not gonna stop me from pounding-uhhh, never mind, awkward.” Vice kept his rush on Trixie as the mare still kept up her magic against Twilight’s. “Just screw off my friends!” Vice was upon Trixie and raised his metal wing in an attempt to feign an attack. Trixie took the bait and jumped away, breaking her and Twilight’s magic vortex. “Gotcha!”

“No!” Trixie yelled in bloodcurdling fury. She raised her horn and spat out a white beam of light right in Vice’s direction. “Why won’t you let me have my way!” Vice raised his metal wings and resisted the assault by blocking his entire body with them, folding one effectively over the other.

“Cuz’ you’re a crazy bitch! Holy nut sack!” Vice began to falter and his hind legs pushed against the wooden ground. He grunted as he tried to keep his balance against Trixie’s beam attack. “Could use some help!” One of Vice’s hind legs gave way and he felt his body hit the ground. His wings shook with power as he held up against the magic.

“That’s enough, Trixie!” As the words sounded off, Vice felt the pressure being lifted off his wings. He looked up and saw that Twilight and Trixie had reentered their duel. But, this time he noticed that Trixie’s beam of magic was disintegrating and distorting. He thought he heard a pout and before he could get up a cloud of smoke appeared. Trixie appeared from the spawned smoke and dashed for the doorway behind the duo.

“What-hey she’s getting away!”

“Let her.”

“I repeat, what?” Vice was flabbergasted at Twilight Sparkle's instructions. “She’s got nothing left, let her leave again. She knows she lost twice.”

Clyde noticed the absence of Trixie, and then observed the duo standing still. He kept his detain over Blitz, but let his energy rush to his voice. “Did you two just let her go?”

“Twilight’s idea, not mine.” Vice looked at the now perplexed face of Clyde and restated his response. “AKA we let her go due to, uh, embarrassment I guess.” Enzo didn’t speak and maintained eye contact with the brown plank patterning the ground. Vice placed himself beside the black stallion and rested a hoof on his shoulder. “You done good, son.”

“It was my idea, Clyde.” Twilight reiterated sternly. “Her excessive pride must be getting to the best of her now that she knows she can’t beat me, even with, um, your help. Wait did you help Trixie?” This time Twilight sounded genuinely angry towards Blitz. With a heavy, tragic sigh, Clyde hopped off the still petrified body of Blitz. Picking up the pony by the ear, Clyde asked in the most intimidating voice Blitz had ever heard.

“What happened here?”

“…” Blitz was speechless. The arrival of Vice, Clyde and Enzo antagonizing him, the purple mare known as Twilight glaring at him, all was overwhelming.

“We don’t got all night, Blue Boy. Let’s go, spit it out. Why were you with that chick,” Vice said with a voice full of seriousness.

“She-I…” Sighs shot across the room. Vice slowly waltzed towards Blitz with a raised hoof before a certain mare prevented any further harm.

“Listen, I don’t know what lies that mare told you, but can you please tell us why you were with her and what happened?” The pony spoke with the calmest, most collected voice despite the previous events.

“Well,” Blitz said weakly. “She told me you were a bad type of pony.”

“Of course she did,” Twilight said jokingly albeit agitated. She furrowed her brow for a bit then asked a follow-up question. “Wait, you trusted her just on that?” This time Twilight’s voice sounded genuinely annoyed.

“She kinda fixed my leg,” Blitz said with a fragment of defense. Twilight gave a tilt of her head before slowly advancing upon Blitz. Her horn glowed a faint light purple as she stepping around Blitz carefully. She paused midway and nodded to herself before facing Blitz with concern. “Not good,” Twilight finally said breaking the dead silence.

“It can’t get any worse than the past few days,” said Blitz with bitter hope.

“Well, I’m no doctor, but your left leg isn’t exactly fine. Trixie casted a spell on you that only numbed your pain. This whole time-however long you’ve been walking on that leg…” Twilight drowned out at the bad news. “I’m really sorry this had to happen to you.” Blitz grimaced at Twilight’s depressing face. He rose his to hoof to say something, but lowered it as he spotted Enzo approaching. His whole demeanor lowered as he steadily recognized what was being presented.

“I, um, found this on the ground,” Enzo stated quietly. He locked eyes with Blitz and knew what this meant to him.

“My snow globe,” Blitz uttered weakly as he absorbed the info before his eyes. Enzo held the stand carefully in order to avoid the broken glass scattered within. The open, jagged hole exposed the dark room to the globe’s crushed status; shards of glass speckled throughout the room.

“Looks like things got worse,” Vice said followed by Clyde’s glare.

“Indeed, it’s rather unfortunate the way things happened,” Clyde said glumly.

“Well if it’s anything.” Twilight stepped forward and swiftly lifted the demolished pieces of the snow globe. Concentrating, she slowly pieced together Blitz’s treasure. Shard to shard, the globe filled with sparkling life as each piece came together like a puzzle. Finalizing her work, she gently floated down the newly improved snow globe onto Blitz’s outstretched hooves. “It’s reinforced with my magic so even if you drop it again it shouldn’t break,” Twilight said confidently. “That being said, don’t go throwing it around.”

The two ponies shared nervous laughs as Enzo, Clyde and Vice watched soundlessly from afar. Blitz gazed sheepishly at Twilight and broke eye contact. ’Geez, I break into her house, help to enslave her, and almost hurt her. Then she goes and fixes almost all of my problems.’

“You know, I’d be a little madder, but right now I’m really tired.” Twilight let out a feeble yawn. Blitz agreed with a nod of the head before breaking eye contact again.

“So, uh, we done here? I’d like to continue partying it up, but-"

“I knew it!” a high pitched voice squeaked from nowhere. “There was a party going on here!” Vice stopped mid-sentence and darted his eyes with a mouth wide open. “D-did anything just hear that? Anypony hear that?” Vice asked louder. The group looked around, but Twilight simply sighed.

“Hey, Pinkie,” she said plainly.

“Oh, oh, oh, hey Twilight! Are you having a party? Why are there so many ponies here? Are you partying without me?” Voice finally met face as a pink pony zipped into the room. The mare’s body radiated energy as it bounced up and down with rapid repetition. Her fluffy bubblegum hair shook with excitement as it swayed with her bouncing.

“No, Pinkie,” Twilight started with a stifled laugh. “We just-uh.” Twilight fidgeted as she tried to piece together what exactly happened.

“I think I can explain.” Clyde spoke calmly stepping forth.

“Oh hey, Clyde, didn’t see ya there. How are ya?” Pinkie Pie said with a beaming smile.

“Erm, fine, thank you. Ahem, now I do believe our friend, Blitz, here has gotten mixed up with the wrong mare. He-“

“A mare?” giggled the pink pony. “A pretty one?” she said with tease. Blitz’s jaw made its way towards the ground while Vice let out an obvious snicker. Clyde lifted a hoof to abolish all distractions.

“Trixie,” Clyde said expecting another outburst. Pinkie only watched, her sky blue eyes filled with curiosity. Clyde continued, “He must have wandered out of the hospital while we were absent and met up with that delinquent,” Clyde said piercing Blitz’s soul with intimidation. “Isn’t that right?”

“I didn’t mean to join her-I mean…yes.”

“Wow, Clyde! You sure are a good detective!” Pinkie said with amazement.

“Who are you?” Vice demanded suddenly.

“I am Pinkamena Diane Pie, but my friends call me Pinkie Pie, the pinkiest of pies!” answered Pinkie Pie.

“Uh, okay, well then. I’m Vicer, but you can call me Vice. This here is my good pal, Enzo.” Vice grabbed his friend by the head and gave him a noogie.

“Hello,” Enzo said under Vice’s brushing hoof on his head.

“So, yeah that’s it, right? No more random encounters?” Vice said.

“Wait a moment; I thought there was a party going on.” Pinkie’s face lost its zeal as realization hit. Vice shifted awkwardly at the mare’s appearance. He gave Enzo a quick glance before coughing and stuttering, “uh.”

“How about you set up a party tomorrow, Pinkie,” Twilight suggested. “Oops...it is tomorrow,” Twilight joked looking at a nearby clock. “Later today…after I get some rest,” she finished before yawning again. All attention went on Twilight’s plan. Pinkie’s face reanimated with bouncy life as she leapt up from her shell.

“Maybe.” Pinkie giggled at Twilight’s stunned reaction before bursting out with laughter. “Kidding!” She let out a few more chuckles before returning to a stable state. “I’ll make sure it’s the best party ever!” Blitz adjusted slowly spoke softly.

“What exactly is this party for?” He paused and reconsidered his statement. “I mean, not I’m protesting.” This hushed Pinkie once more. Blitz didn’t know whether to feel guilty or just about the enthusiastic pony’s absence of talk.

“Why don’t we host one for the removal of Trixie and the arrival of our newest residents to Ponyville,” Clyde said thoughtfully. All ponies, especially Pinkie, considered the offer.

“Well, I haven’t been here long…and most of my time was in the hospital-"

“Where you should’ve been,” Vice interrupted.

Blitz gave him an anxious glare before continuing. “So I guess it seems right.”

“Yo, how about some love for us?” Vice said holding Enzo by the head again. “Can we get some lovin’ on this? I mean we’re both new too, huh?”

“The more the merrier!” Pinkie cried happily. “Gosh these are all great ideas! Great, great, great!” The three shared laughs as Clyde, Blitz and Twilight watched with warmth in their hearts.

“Looks like things are starting to finally look better,” Clyde said positively to Blitz.

“Yeah, but my leg-“

“I can fix that,” Twilight said hastily. “Well sorta.” Blitz expected the mare to perform her magic on the spot, but he watched as she shrugged and turned around. She started trotting lazily to her bed.

“Uh-"

“Oh yeah, sorry. I’ll see what I can do, I’m sure there has to be a book on this type of magic in my library somewhere.” Twilight finished her sentence with another yawn, this one exceptionally longer than all the others. “I’m just tired.” Clyde stepped forward and spoke gingerly. “Miss Twilight deserves some rest after the events that occurred today.” He turned solemnly to Blitz and put a hoof on his shoulder.

“Come, Mister Blitz. Back to the hosp-"

“He stays here.”

Clyde jerked his head back and turned to Twilight quickly. “Erm, miss Twilight? Are you sure?” He was genuinely confused by her reaction.

“Yeah.” The purple mare let another yawn before continuing. “Ahh, I need him to be here. Plus he shouldn’t be moving around too much, I can’t tell how badly injured his leg must’ve gotten." Blitz gulped nervously at the thought of his leg being more broken than it was. He lowered himself to the ground, slumped to the side and closed his eyes. Before Clyde could answer, Blitz interrupted him.

“I’ll just do what the mare says I guess. That’s all I’ve been doing, just following orders.” Clyde watched with uncertain intention as the stallion let himself drop to the floor and lay there. He smiled and turned back to Vice, Enzo and Pinkie. To his surprise, all three lay unconscious on the ground. Snores rang throughout the room as Clyde kept his smile and made his way towards the exit.

He found himself marching towards Luna’s moon that was just setting. A thin line of red creeped over the horizon. Clyde laughed to himself and rubbed his eyes. ’A rough day, indeed.

PreviousChapters Next