• Published 20th Feb 2014
  • 4,905 Views, 112 Comments

Flashlight - Glitter101



While Twilight visits the Crystal Empire she bumps into a sertain guard pony. Then, she finds herself slowly falling in love.

  • ...
44
 112
 4,905

advise

After Twilight got back from the picnic she went to the balcony and just looked outside. She was in thought when someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Cadence. "Hi Cadence. What are you doing here?" Twilight asked.

"Alright, start talking." Cadence told her. Twilight looked confused and didn't know what Cadence was talking about. "You were all spaced out during the picnic and it's like your in a different world." Cadence said clearing it up. Twilight didn't really know what to say. She knows she said that she wold talk to her about it but know she was starting to not be so sure about it. "Twilight please talk to me." Cadence told her.

Twilight sighed and decided to just come clean. "Alright, I kept thinking about Flash." Twilight admitted. Cadence smiled a little. "I just don't know what to do. He always makes me stutter and gets me nerves and then I don't know what to say, but at the same time I like the feeling." Twilight admitted. She gave another sigh and looked at Cadence. "What should I do?" Twilight asked her.

" Well, maybe you should get to know him. That will let you get an idea of who he is and help you know how you feel about him." Cadence suggested.

"How do I do that?" Twilight asked. Cadence gave her a look making Twilight realize what she meant. "I am not asking him on a date." Twilight said.

"Why not Twilight? Dates are suppose to help you two know more about each other." Cadence told her. Twilight looked at the floor. Cadence smiled. Twilight really liked Flash to be like this. "What are you so scared of Twilight?" Cadence asked her.

"What if what I feel for him isn't true? Maybe, I'm just scared of losing the feeling." Twilight said. Cadence got closer to Twilight and gave her a hug.

"Well, if the feeling is true then it won't go away." Cadence told her. Twilight looked at Cadence. She knew she was right. It couldn't hurt to at least ask him.

"Alright Cadence, I'll ask him." Twilight said. Cadence smiled. "That's great and don't worry, you'll be fine." Cadence told her reassuring. Twilight returned the smile and left to find Flash.

She didn't want to wast time or else she might stop and change her mind about asking him. She started walking around the palace until she saw him standing in front of the throne room door. "Flash?" Twilight said approaching him. Flash looked at her and smiled.

"Hello Twilight, do you need anything?" Flash asked. Twilight tried several times to get the words out but each time she failed. "Are you alright?" Flash asked her. Twilight was about to just give it up but she knew she would regret it later.

"Flash...I was just wondering if, maybe...you would want to hang out?" Twilight asked. She was really scared of what he would say. If he said no she would feel stupid for asking. Flash looked at her and noticed how nerves she was. He knew it must have been hard for her to ask.

"Sure, that sounds great." Flash said. Twilight was surprised and relived at the same time. "Does 7:30, tomorrow work? I know this great place that has great food." Flash asked. Twilight was too frozen to answer and instead she just smiled and nodded. "Great I'll see you then." Flash said.

"Yea, great." Twilight said. She smiled and then walked back to her room. She couldn't stop smiling. A few moments later she herd a knock on the door. She opened it and Cadence came in. "What are you doing here Cadence?" Twilight asked.

"I wasn't just going to tell you what I told you and not know what happens next." Cadence said. "So, what did he say?" Cadence asked looking at Twilight.

"We're going to a restaurant tomorrow at 7:30." Twilight told her. Cadence held back a little scream of joy. "Calm down Cadence your almost as exited as me." Twilight told her.

"I'm sorry, it's just that he's the first guy you've ever liked and I'm really happy for you. You grew up really fast and if I'm this happy for you imagine how your brother is going to feel." Cadence said. Twilight's smiling face quickly turned into a scared one.

"Don't tell my brother." Twilight quickly said. Cadence looked confused. "Why not?" She ask Twilight. "I told you, it might not work out and I don't want my brother looking at Flash any different if it doesn't." Twilight said.

"That's really sweet of you. Don't worry I won't tell him." Cadence said. Twilight smiled.

"tell who, what?" Cadence and Twilight turned around and saw Shinning Armour standing there. Twilight started to panic. "Nothing." Twilight and Cadence said at the same time. Shinning Armour looked at Twilight and then at Cadence.

"What are you two hiding?" Shinning Armour asked. He looked over at Cadence waiting for an answer but she didn't say anything. " What is such a secret? Don't you you two trust me?" Shinning Armour said.

"Calm down Shinning it's nothing to be worried about." Cadence said pushing her husband out of the room. "Good luck with the date." Cadence whispered to Twilight. Twilight smiled and closed the door after Cadence and Shinning Armour got out. ' that was a close call.' Twilight thought to herself.

She climbed in bed eager for tomorrow to come. She just laid there thinking about the next day until she slowly started drifting off to sleep.


Twilight woke up with a little joy and went to the dinning hall where Cadence and her brother were already there. "Good morning Twily." Shinning Armour told her.

"Good morning." Twilight answered. She sat down and started to eat. It was quiet until Shinning Armour spoke up.

"Twily, I have some stuff to take care of. I know you came so we can spent time together but I promise it's just for today." Shinning Armour told her. Twilight was relived to hear that. Now she didn't need to make up an excuse to leave.

"That's alright Shinning. Royal duties come first." Twilight said. Shinning Armour smiled happy about his sister taking it so well. after breakfast Shinning Armour went to his duties and Cadence caught up with Twilight. "Your welcome." Cadence told her. Twilight looked at Cadence who had a grin.

"What did you do?" Twilight asked Cadence who was still smiling. "Did you have anything to do with my brother being busy today?" Twilight asked her knowing well the answer.

"Maybe." Cadence said. Twilight wanted to be mad with her but instead she was really happy she did what she did. With her brother being busy he wouldn't get to suspicious about her leaving. She didn't like keeping secrets from her brother but it was only just for a little while.

"Well, since your date isn't until 7:30 maybe we could do something to pass time." Cadence said. "Like maybe go to the city fair. " Cadence suggested.

"Yea sure that sounds like fun." Twilight said.

Cadence and Twilight spent a long while at the fair until it was finally time for Twilight's date. Twilight went to her room to get ready. She was brushing her mane when someone knocked on the door. Twilight opened the door and saw Flash standing there. "Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Yea, ready." Twilight said following Flash. "So what's the restaurant called?" Twilight asked.

"Delicious wonders." Flash said. "It's as great as the name sounds. All the best for a princess." Flash said. Twilight blushed a little.

"Come on, don't say that. I'm just the same as anypony else." Twilight said. They arrived at the restaurant and and when the staff saw Twilight they immediately gave her a table.

"Wow, it usually takes up to an hour to be seated because of all the ponies waiting. I guess being a princess has it's good sides." Flash said.

"Yea it does. But it also has it's down sides." Twilight said. Twilight and Flash kept talking for a while until their food got brought to them. "Wow, these portions are big." Twilight said looking at her plate of food.

"Yea, you always have leftovers when you eat here." Flash said. " hay, can I ask you something? " Flash asked.

"Anything. " Said Twilight not knowing what he wanted to ask her. But he looked serious and that made her a little nervous. She hoped it wasn't bad.

"Why did you ask me to do something together? Not that I'm not having fun but, I'm just a guard and your a princess. What actually made you notice me?" Flash asked her. Twilight didn't think it was time to tell him about the other world so she decided to think about something else.

"Well, for starters we kept bumping into each other. You also seemed kind of nice and I sort of...like you." Twilight said. She waited for Flash to answer hoping he didn't reject her.

"You really mean it?" Flash asked. Twilight nodded. "I actually like you too. Your a great mare and I just guessed that you would never notice me." Flash admitted. Twilight was really happy now. Flash liked her too and that made her feel great.

"I guess we we were both scared for nothing." Twilight said. Flash laghed a little "yea, I guess we were." He said.

After they finished dinner they walked back to the palace. Flash decided to walk Twilight to her room. " I had fun. We have to do it again sometime." Twilight said.

"Yea, we will." Answered Flash. Before he left he planted a small kiss on Twilight's cheek. She started turning red and Flash walked off. Twilight closed the door and gave a sigh. This was the best night ever and she couldn't wait for more.

Author's Note:

Alright so this chapter was longer than I thought, but I guess that's good, so...yeah. Anyway, make sure and comment and feel free to tell me where I could do better or where I messed up. But please be nice about it. Im still a little new to this.