• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 4,801 Views, 36 Comments

Redemption of a Wonderbolt Cadet - twilightsparkle3562



Following the events of "Wonderbolt Academy," Lightning Dust reveals to Spitfire the real reason behind her recklessness and is given another chance to become a Wonderbolt. However, will Rainbow Dash and the other cadets accept her new outl

  • ...
5
 36
 4,801

Confronting Her Demons

Chapter 5

“Confronting her Demons”

A thousand thoughts were racing through Lightning Dusts’ mind as she followed Spitfire and the two guards bringing in her brothers following their attempt on the cadets’ lives. In her mind, she wanted to disown the two brothers and throw them out of her lives, but at the same time, she knew that they could forgive themselves for what they had done. A little while later, Tornado Spin and Hurricane Eye were placed in an interrogation room with only Spitfire and the two other guards present.

“What do you want with us?” barked Tornado Spin, struggling against his bonds that were placed around his ankles. “That pathetic sister of mine doesn’t deserve to be in this group.”

This only resulted in a slap being given to him by one of the guards, who glared at him with a stern look on his face.

“Shut up, brother,” whispered Hurricane Eye, who was now quivering with fear. “You are only making it worse for yourself.”

“Indeed you are,” added Spitfire, her front legs folded as she stood upright against the door. “Breaking into an Equestrian Military facility is a crime against Equestria. Many ponies were hurt today because of your actions, so if you wish to justify your actions, then I suggest you do it now!”

Spitfire’s ultimatium was met with silence from the two ponies and when they didn’t get any response from either one, Spitfire then motioned to one of the guards who grabbed Tornado Spin’s right wing and began to twist it, causing extreme pain to the red Pegasus.

“Ow!” he exclaimed. “What are you doing that for?”

“Tell me your actions and I will get them to stop,” hissed Spitfire, icily. From outside the interrogation room, Lightning Dust watched with a look of worry on her face. Although she despised her brothers, she didn’t want to see anypony get hurt in anyway.

“Please, Tornado Spin,” thought Lightning Dust. “Just tell her that you were wrong and they won’t hurt you anymore.”

But Tornado Spin was still not talking and the more he resisted, the more the guard twisted his wing. It was at this point that Hurricane Eye couldn’t take it anymore and decided at that moment that he needed to talk.

“Are you going to talk now?” asked the guard twisting Tornado Spin’s wing. “Or do you want me to twist your wing further?”

He gave a glare to the snarling Tornado Spin, who was not trying to let his now injured wing get him to talk.

“Stop it!” cried Hurricane Eye, not wanting to see his brother in anymore pain. “Stop it! We’ll talk! Just don’t hurt him anymore!”

“Very well, then,” said Spitfire, in a much calmer voice now. “Release him!”

The guard released his grip on Tornado Spin’s wing and the red Pegasus winced in pain, still with a hint of anger deep in his eyes. Knowing that Hurricane Eye was going to talk, Spitfire and the two guards gathered around Hurricane Eye.

“Admit what you did was wrong,” whispered Lightning Dust from the other side of the room. “You can do it, Hurricane Eye.”

Hurricane Eye nervously looked up at the Wonderbolt Captain and her two guards and let out a heavy sigh before he said his words.

“Don’t say anything!” cried Tornado Spin, only to be met with a glare from one of the guards.

“Say another word and I will gag you!” said Spitfire, coldly, glaring at Tornado Spin.

With Tornado Spin silenced, Hurricane Eye at that moment revealed the reasons behind the actions of him and his brother.

“Do you why we did what we did?” gasped Hurricane Eye to his captors. “Has there ever been anypony in your life that were meant to do something that you were supposed to do? My brother and I were always the ones who were meant to succeed in our family. Lightning Dust was supposed to be nothing more than the one who would get nothing.”

Lightning Dust felt her heart sank upon hearing this confession. It seemed at that moment that she began to realize that all this could have been avoided if she learned the truth first hand.

“So, you felt that Lightning Dust would never deserve any chances at becoming a wonderbolt?” asked Spitfire. “All this was to keep her from reaching her dream?”

“Yes,” replied Hurricane Eye. “My brother and I are here to keep her from reaching that dream. All the glory was to belong to us and Lightning Dust was meant to get nothing!”

This made Spitfire roll her eyes in disgust and disappointment. She knew that everypony who wanted to be a wonderbolt was given that chance to become one and Lightning Dust, despite her questionable actions had as much a chance as anypony.

“Young colt,” sighed Spitfire, taking off her glasses. “I can see why Lightning Dust would behave so recklessly. It wasn’t out of her own free will, she was influenced by two jealous brothers who wanted all the glory and success to revolve around them. You have shamed your family and all of Equestria for what you have done today.”

But while Hurricane Eye lowered his head in regret for his actions, Tornado Spin showed no emotion whatsoever. In his mind, he was proud of what he and his brother had done, not even caring for the other cadets that he and his brother had possibly injured.

“To this extent,” continued Spitfire. “I am now going to turn you over to Canterlot and Princess Celestia along with Princess Luna will decide what will happen to you.”

“Go ahead,” taunted Tornado Spin as the guards removed him from his bonds. “Turn us over to the princesses. We’re not afraid, we’re tough, and we’ll survive, won’t we, brother?”

He turned over to Hurricane Eye who continued to lower his head in shame. It seemed that Hurricane Eye was the more regretful of the two and it seemed that he would be the one to get a lighter sentence than Tornado Spin. When he didn’t get a response from his brother, Tornado Spin merely scoffed at his brother’s silence.

As they were escorted out of the room, Lightning Dust coldly stared down at them, now realizing that she didn’t have to do what she did initially.

“Well,” huffed Tornado Spin, glaring at his angry-faced sister. “Anything you want to say, sister?”

But, Lightning Dust said nothing and merely turned and walked away. Tornado Spin made out several calls and taunts to Lightning Dust as she walked away, ignoring what was being said to her.

“My hate will die with you,” Lightning Dust whispered as she got farther and farther away from the calls her evil brother made.

It was at this point that she disowned her older brother, although she was hoping that Hurricane Eye would be shown mercy. But that was for Princess Celestia and Princess Luna to decide.