• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 623 Views, 9 Comments

One Last Letter - GetJinxed



Twilight's had a hard time as of late... but she has time enough.... for one last letter

  • ...
 9
 623

One Last Letter.... part 2

"Out of my way, out of my way!" the Princess of the sun bellows over the crowds at the library. She pushes her way through, gasping at the scene before her: Her personal student, Twilight Sparkle, lying dead in a pool of her own blood. She looks to the wall behind the dead mare, seeing the brain matter on the wall, her eyes darting to the gun in her hands. Celestia shudders, shaking as the lead officer on the scene walks up to her, looking her in the eyes.

"Princess, it regrets me to inform you that your student has killed herself." the officer, a young looking mare, speaks. "Upon questioning Cherry Fire, the mare that brought her groceries for the past month and a half, she said she noticed that the deceased slipping into a deep depression." she says as she shakes her head, tears in her eyes.

"This can't be true... why would she do this..." she asks as the mare holds up a letter to her.

"She left this for you..." the mare says, standing back as Celestia opens the letter, beginning to read.

"Dear Princess Celestia,

Remember me? Your student, the mare you pretty much cast into exile? Course you don't. You only take notice of the things you think will benefit both you and your damned country, the country that I loved. And you took it away from me! You know that I didn't do it, I saw it in your eyes.... or was that happiness that I saw? Eagerness to be rid of me? Nopony but you knows that answer Princess. By the time that you read this letter, chances are that I will be dead. Hell, if you catch me before I kill myself, which is a pretty low chance at that, I'll find a way to do it. But, that's not the point of this letter.... the point of it is this: I blame you for everything Celestia. Look at crime rates, look at inflation. It's all going up and up and up ever since you did this to me. Canterlot's political system is falling into disarray. The guards are becoming corrupt, and there is talk amongst the royals of war. That's right, full on war Princess. Blood spilled, bones cracked. Intestines strewn on the ground, mares and stallions dying, never to come back home to their families. All of this, all of it.... because of you. So, I say this last thing, this last wording: Good bye Princess Celestia. I hope you rot on your solar throne."

The Princess shakes as she finishes the letter, looking up. She gasps, seeing the rest of the Elements assembled, her sister with them. She sees others: Common workers, citizens of Ponyville. Their attentions torn between the corpse of the mare that gave them life many times, and living aspect of the sun, their ruler and protector. The one that did this to her. Celestia shakes, looking at them all, than, does something that she had done few times before. She fell to her knees, and started to cry.

"T-Twilight..... I'm sorry..... I am sorry for all that I have done, for all that has happened to you because of me.... I.... I ask your forgiveness, ask you to forgive me for my sins!" she says through her tears as her sister walks over to her, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Sister, thou hast been through hard times as of late, and this has done nothing to assist thee in fixing them...... if thou needs some time off.... we will take thy pla-" she starts as the solar princess stands. Her horn illuminates itself in a golden glow, lifting her crown above her head.

"I forsake my crown, and leave it to the sun to burn to ash!" she says, her crown burning. The ashes scatter to the wind briefly, than vanish altogether as the Princess turns to her younger sister, tears falling from her face still. "I do not ask for a break.... I ask to be alone." she says as her horn lights up one last time. "I, Celestia, former Princess of Equestria, hereby announce that my sister, Princess Luna, as the ruler of Equestria.... I have caused too much trouble amongst the lands to continue to rule.... and have sorrow within me because of it. Good bye my former subjects.... all I ask.... is that you do not hate me." she says as she vanishes in a golden flash, leaving the midnight blue alicorn standing there with her eyes wide. The gathering of ponies remain silent, until, one of the Elements, Kindness, turns to Luna and speaks.

"W-What do we do now Princess..." Fluttershy asks Luna. The princess looks at the body of Twilight, to her friends and family gathered, and speaks.

"First..... we shall mourn the loss of what may be Equestria's greatest hero..." the princess of the night says, a single tear falling from her face. It falls, hitting the ground where her sister once stood, hitting a piece of parchment paper, right where the name had been signed. Twilight Sparkle's last letter to Celestia

Comments ( 8 )

Good enough for me to post this vid:

Well, there should have been more buildup and a description of how Twilight died, if you ask me. Aside from that, it's unique, interesting, and I liked it.

3970787 True, but once I started it I got confused as to how I would put in Twilight actually shooting herself

3972601

Yeah.

Also, you haven't been on at this time before... Odd.

3972616 I'm on a faster computer at home :P

3972637

Okay. Can we see who won?

I doubt I did even though I'm crossing my fingers now...

Well then...that was...an experience.

Login or register to comment