• Published 4th Jan 2015
  • 618 Views, 9 Comments

One Last Letter - GetJinxed



Twilight's had a hard time as of late... but she has time enough.... for one last letter

  • ...
 9
 618

One Last Letter

I hate her! That bitch. She did this to me, all of it! The trial, the stripping of power, all of it! I was a respected pony in this town, everyone loved me. But she had to come along and ruin it! I was only doing as she asked, following her orders, when she sent them after me. I guess I should start over. I won't tell you my name, cause chances are, you don't care. Your probably one of the ponies who threw rocks at me. But.... I was a respected pony. I was tasked with the job of tracking down and researching a group of ponies who were dedicated to the downfall of Canterlot. It was my task to find them, learn their ways.... and report them to her. But it all went awry when they decided to burn the royal gardens. Those gardens were considered sacred, legendary to everypony. And now they are dead. Black, charred.... dead. I was frantic when this happened, and I was trying to figure it all out... when I was arrested for it. My 'charges' were Arson, Conspiracy to commit Arson, and Treason. All because they found the work I was doing, which actually had details of that arson planned on them. I was thrown into the deepest dungeons, given a rather unfair trial where everypony was against me it seems, using my own work, my own words against me. I was found guilty, but the verdict was lessened cause they owed me for saving their flanks who knows how many times. So here I am, under permanent house arrest. No one's allowed to come and see me except for the mare who brings me my groceries once a week, and no one is allowed to come in. That is why I am doing this. I have written a letter, and placed it under a certain little book, one that she gave me... one that kept us all safe. I leave it to her, so she can read and feel all that she has done to me. And I want you all to know.... all of you to know who I am. My name..... is Twilight Sparkle.