• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 715 Views, 24 Comments

The Dark Mare - VampDash

  • ...
6
 24
 715

Act 1 Chapter 2: Vengeance And Forgiveness

A few years have passed since Lightning witnessed her parent’s murder and now she was a teenaged mare and officially the owner of the mansion known as Dust Manor as well as the famous company simply known as Dust Enterprises but to her none of that mattered at the moment. Right now, she was walking in the streets of her city as the sky poured down rain. She had on a black hoodie, a pair of gloves, a light grey sweater and a pair of jeans. As she walked down the street, she noticed in an alley a stallion being beaten and mugged by a group of thugs. Lightning glared at the sight and ran over to help him. She pulled several off the stallion but had to punch one off as he was making sure he didn’t let the stallion get away.

“Get lost!” She barked at them but they just started to circle her. One of them pulled out a butterfly knife and flipped it open as they advanced on her. She took a stance as the first stallion charged her. He threw a punch which she grabbed and made him slam into the wall next to her. The next one who charged her fared little better than his buddy as he was also unceremoniously tossed into a wall but then Lightning made him fall into a trashbin that closed once he was in it. The rest of the thugs, shocked by a mare beating them, quickly ran off as fast as they could.

“AND DON’T COME BACK!” Lightning roared as she tossed a glass bottle at them, which splashed against a small puddle. She then turned her attention to the stallion who was lying in a pile of garbage bags. She took her hand out and reached to him. The stallion quickly took her hand and was pulled up. “Are you okay sir?” Lightning asked the stallion who simply nodded. He walked a ways before he started to stumble a little bit. Lightning raced over and tried to help him up but was pushed away from the stallion as he walked towards a small little hole and tried to crawl into it. Lightning stared at him and sighed in sadness.

Poor stallion. He deserves better than this. She thought. But then, she felt in her pocket and felt the money she carried along with her. Pulling it out, she counted out a hundred bits and placed them in a small, leather wallet. She then walked to the stallion who just stared at her.

“Mister, here. This should help you.” She said as she passed him the money. He stared at her like she was crazy and probably was thinking the same thing. He reached his hand out and took the pouch as he turned away.

“Thanks.” was all he said….. and it was those words that made a horrible memory shoot through Lightning’s mind. The voice then suddenly played back to a memory she tried to keep locked away. It was the same stallion that gunned her parents down right in front of her.

“YOU!” She screamed as she pulled him out of the hole. The stallion got up only to receive a punch to his jaw, knocking him against the wall.

“What was-”

“IT WAS YOU! AFTER ALL THESE YEARS I FINALLY BUCKING FOUND YOU!” Lightning roared at him as she sent a kick straight at his chest, knocking him once more against a wall. The stallion was suddenly confused by the seemingly weird transformation. One minute she was helping him get away from some thugs and now she was trying to beat the living crap out of him.

“Look I don’t know what I’ve done to you-”

“Eleven years ago you mugged two ponies in an alley way. You stole something from the husband.” Lightning said in a venomous tone. The stallion was still confused as the mare punched him again and spoke as she pulled her hood down to show her face. Her face had aged since that night all those years ago and now it showed the face of a mare who, while she seemed to have everything, had lost something precious to her. Two very important things that was even more precious than all the money in the world. And it was thanks to the punk she had a hold of.

“That stallion and mare also had somepony else with them. Do you remember who that was?” She leered at him. It was then that his eyes shrunk to pinpricks.

“Y-You. You’re the filly.” He said. But just as he could say anything else, Lightning pulled a pistol from the back of her jeans and placed it at the stallion’s chin.

“Look familiar? It’s the same model gun you killed my mom and dad with. Now-” She said as she cocked the gun. “I can have my payback with it.” She growled with a grin on her face.

“I-I’m sorry. B-But I wasn’t doing that for-”

“Shut up. Just shut up. Don’t you dare say you’re sorry. You are not sorry. Nothing justifies forcefully taking money from two loving ponies w-who had a c-child with them. Do you know what I went through?! I went through my childhood, graduating high school, getting the rights to my company and guess who wasn’t there to see all that. Give up? My mom and my dad! YOU TOOK THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT PONIES IN MY LIFE YOU-”

“DADDY!” A young voice shrieked happily. Lightning turned and gasped at what she saw. It was a young filly with dirtied grey fur and a long, untrimmed mane and tail. Her eyes were a beautiful tone of magenta and she had little wings on her back.

“Sweetie, don’t look.” The stallion said to the filly who gave a confused look.

“Daddy, what’s-”

“Please just look away.” He interrupted. The filly then turned her attention towards the shocked mare.

“Who awe you?” She asked Lightning who still had her gun pointed at the stallion. Her hand trembled as she longed to pull the trigger and take the life away from this stallion just as he had done to her parents.

He deserves this! For what he did to them! Mom and dad, they’d want me to kill him!.... Wouldn’t they? Y-yes they would! Why wouldn’t they want me to get back at this piece of shit!

Because then are you any better than him? Her two conflicting emotions told her as she looked at the filly and back at the stallion. It took a few minutes, but Lightning allowed a single tear to fall from her eyes as she slowly took the gun away from the stallion’s head and backed away.

“I-I’m a friend of your dad. I j-just went through a really bad time with him and I almost made a really terrible m-mistake.” Lightning tried to get out as normal as possible but found that it wasn’t easy talking to a young filly. “Look pal, I’m not going to blast your head off, but I am asking you to do this. Treat that little filly like she’s the only filly left in the world. Make sure she gets anything she wants when she wants it. If you don’t, I’ll track you down and put a bullet through your brain. Is that clear?” She angrily asked the stallion who just quickly nodded. She then began to walk out of the alleyway and placed the gun back in her jeans. She turned her head to see the father and daughter hugging tightly as they could.

“My little angel. I promise I’ll make sure you get anything you’d like, when you’d like.” The stallion said as he cried tears of sadness and happiness. Lightning also felt tears come to her eyes as she walked away from the scene. She then walked towards another alley and looked to vaguely see two chalk outlines on the ground. One was clearly a stallion who laid down nearly face first after being shot while the other was a mare who was shot soon after and fell beside the stallion.

Lightning merely closed her eyes as she felt the tears and memories flood back to her


”G-give me all y-your bits now!” The stallion roared as he pointed the gun at Silver Bolt and Light Storm. The former had just handed over some on their bits and the stallion turned to leave but then saw Light’s necklace and that it was adorned with pearls. As usual Lightning could do nothing but stand and watch as her dad once more took a bullet that the stallion fired. Light yelled out his name as she tried to give the stallion her pearls but instead she was shot as well and fell right beside her husband. The stallion then ran off into the darkness as Lightning just fell to her knees and cried.]


Suddenly, her eyes shot open when she heard the sounds of wing beats. She looked around but saw no Pegasus up above her.

What was- She started. But then as if out of sheer coincidence, a large, black bat shrieked as it flew towards Lightning. She screamed out of fear and swinged at the bat hoping to scare it off. The bat did leave but not before it gave off a high pitched shriek. Lightning just stood where she was and hyper ventilated. Instinctively she placed a hand against a pocket but her hand felt cold as she felt the gun’s hammer. She then tore off towards the pier determined to get rid of the very thing that’s brought her pain her whole life, not even Dinner knew she carried it around with her during her hunt for the thug. So using all of her strength, she lugged the troublemaker into the ocean, hearing a ‘splash’ as it sunk into the ocean, never to be used again. She sighed as a heavy burden was taken off of her chest at long last. She turned to leave and was shocked to see Dinner Bell next to a taxi.

“Forgive me Madame Dust but I was wondering what was taking you so long.” He said calmly as he opened the door indicating Lightning to get in to which she happily obliged.

Comments ( 20 )

What is the MLPDCverse?

3981935 Literally: My Little Pony DC universe. A world where not every pony is in a role you'd expect.

3981946 Where can I read more about it?

3981951 I just invented this.

3981954 MAKE A GROUP!! NOW!!! :flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage: THIS IDEA AND THIS STORY IS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage: YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Also..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Judge Dredd VS Batman?

....very Interesting.....

Hmm......this.....MLPDCverse.......sems like its going to be interesting:trixieshiftright:.......

3981954 When is the next chapter coming out?

7577670 I'm working with what I have sir and/or ma'am. I'm sorry it hasn't updated in forever.

7577671 If you need help I could send you some ideas and help proofread.

7577681 PM them to me.

7577683 How is the story coming?

7654989 Do you need a editor or proofreader, to help move this along.

7655015 That's not the issue. It's Writer's Block.

7655022 You want to PM me some ideas you think might work and chat about it.

7655039 Not at the moment. Sorry.

7655047 PM me what you have so far for the story and I'll give you my opinions.

7655047 When is the next chapter coming out?

7655022
Give Lightning the realization that the city needs a hero.

Login or register to comment