• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 1,216 Views, 9 Comments

Falling Apart - The Infinity Doctor



(Rewrite) Screwball needs a friend, so what does she do? Finds a human, naturally.

  • ...
11
 9
 1,216

Apples

"So...can I assume you like animals?" I asked, following the timid pegasus through the dense, emerald foliage of the forest.
"Y-yes, I do....how did you kn-know?" she squeaked.
"That little mark on your flank...it's three butterflies...I just assumed..."
"Oh...well...yes...my sp-special talent is caring for animals"
"Neat..."
"Oh...there's nothing really special about it..."
"I wouldn't say that...it takes alot to care for animals"
She uttered something too quiet for me to hear as we continued walking.

*Snap*

"What was that?" I asked, glancing backward.
"Oh...I'm sure it was noth-"

"Stay away from Fluttershy, you freak!" a scratchy voice shouted, followed by a sharp whistling sound.

Pain shot down my spine as I felt something hard collide with the back of my head, I slowly turned, painfully twisting my neck as a blue hoof struck right between my eyes. Pain rushed through my skull like a freight train barreling at full speed. I briefly saw a flash of at least three different colors before I felt the blue pony continue its assault. I felt one hoof connect with one of my shoulders, a sickening crack following as tears came to my eyes.

I reached up with my undamaged shoulder, and grabbed the pony, tossing her off of me before standing up.

"What the hell's wrong with you?!?" I roared "You can't just attack someone out of the blue like that!"
"I can if you're hurting Fluttershy!" she retorted.
"I wasn't hurting her! She was-"

I didn't get to finish, as the polychromatic pony sped toward me, her hooves outstretched.

"Stop it! Stop it!" I cried, her hard hooves connecting with my body.
She delivered a strong kick to the stomach, and I felt the wind get knocked out of me. She prepared to strike once more, and I grabbed the back of her neck with my working arm, before forcing her to the ground, pinning her beneath my hand.

"Hey! No fair! Leggo!" she struggled, attempting to escape.
"You wanna talk about fair?" I said lowly "You just beat the hell out of me for no good reason...how's that for fair?"
"Fluttershy-"
"-was showing me the way out of the forest"
"Yeah right!"
"You ponies can get on a guy's nerves...you know that?"
She shot me a confused look.

I felt something hard strike the back of my head, and fell to the ground as I absently noted there was something wet flowing down my back. I released my grip on the rainbow pony, letting her go free as I gasped for breath.

I looked to my right, and saw a purple unicorn standing about five feet away, her horn encased in a magenta glow.

I stared into Fluttershy's cerulean orbs as I steadily lost consciousness, my eyes blinking closed as she muttered worriedly.

Author's Note:

Short update