• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 1,217 Views, 9 Comments

Falling Apart - The Infinity Doctor



(Rewrite) Screwball needs a friend, so what does she do? Finds a human, naturally.

  • ...
11
 9
 1,217

Prologue

I think it's safe to say that this has been the absolute worst day of my life.

Just tuning in? Oh, that's just perfect- now I need to start from the beginning, thanks alot, and there was absolutely no sarcasm in there, whatsoever. Alright, comfy? Good. Hey! You! Down in front! Yeah, you! wha? No! Hold it, fine...make it quick.

Now, where was I?

Oh, right- see, I had just finished my shift at the local movie theater (A promising career- isn't it?), and had just started walking home....

X X X X X X X

'Stupid manager, always giving me the weekend shifts...' I complained inwardly, zipping up my jacket as the winter air did its best to turn me into a popsicle.

I swore as I almost slipped on one of the many patches of ice lining the sidewalk. Why am I walking, you ask? The answer is simple- I'm only sixteen, I don't have a car. And now some of you are asking 'Well why not just take the bus then?'; there's an answer for that too-
my house is only about a block from the theater.

I heard footsteps behind me as I turned the corner- ignoring them, I continued walking down the street. Hearing them get closer, I turned (and jumped) as a small girl wearing shorts and a t-shirt complete with a propellor beanie was walking next to me, trying to match my steps.

'I've never seen her around before...'

"Who are you? Do your parents know you're out here in that?" I asked.

The girl looked up at me for the first time, swirling pink eyes meeting my grey ones.

'Those contacts actually look pretty cool...'

"Yeah, daddy said I could" she replied, still trying to keep up with me.

'What the hell is he thinking? Sending her out like that'

"Why don't you come inside and warm up?" I said, holding the door open and not trying to sound like a pervert.

To my suprise, she skipped into the house. I closed the door behind me as I shook the snow from my boots and set them near the door.

"I'm home, mom!" I called, removing my jacket.
"Hello dear! What kept- oh, who's this?" she asked, kneeling down to the girl's level.
"I'm Screwball" the girl smiled, holding out her hand.
"That's not your real name...is it?"
"Yep! Sure is!"

My mother didn't know what to make of this girl, based on the look she's giving me now- and neither did I, as a matter of fact.

"Well...those contacts of yours are very beautiful"
'Screwball' gave her a confused look.
"What contacts?"
"Oh, nevermind" Mom smiled, standing up and patting her on the head "would you like anything to drink?"

"Do you have any chocolate milk?"

X X X X X X X

And so, over the next month or so, Screwball would come and visit- either following me home or already waiting in my living room- the fact that she visited didn't bother me, what did was when she disappeared before and after; frankly, it was confusing the hell out of me-
it was like she just appeared out of thin air. Every time she was here, she wore the same thing, no matter what- I was starting to get concerned about her clothing choice, but every time I asked her about it, her reply was "Daddy doesn't have a problem with it". As I
said before, I don't know what her father was thinking by sending her out in this weather dressed like that. Little did I know, I was about to find out, whether I liked it or not...

X X X X X X X

Screwball and I were sitting on the couch, watching television. My mom and dad had decided to go out together, leaving Screwball and I alone in the house, (back off, perverts!).

"Screwball, where do you live?" I asked.
"Oh, y'know, around" she responded, keeping her eyes on the t.v.
"What's your father like?"

This time, she actually looked up.

"He's the absolute nicest daddy in the world! He loves me very much"
"-and how do you know that?"
"He tells me, silly"
"Oh...well, does he know you only dress in that?" I asked, indicating her shorts and t-shirt.
"Yeah"
"...do you think I could meet him?"

Her eyes lit up.

"Yeah!" she all but yelled "he's been wanting to meet you, too"

Needless to say, this was news to me.

"Has he, now?"
"Yep, said he wanted to meet you as soon as possible, too"
"Hold on"

I got off the couch and grabbed a pen and piece of paper, I scribbled out a quick note to my parents and taped it onto the fridge.

"Okay, let's go, which way is your house?" I asked.

"Here, sit down" she said, pushing me to the couch.
"What are you-"
"Now, look into my eyes"
"I don't think-"
"Look!"

Keep in mind, this is a six or seven-year old girl, and she's pretty frickin' scary when she's mad.

I stared into her pink, spiraled eyes.

'Are they spinning?'

I felt my eyelids grow heavy.

'They're definitely spinning'

"You're getting sleepy, veeeerrrrry sleeepy" she said, keeping her eyes trained on mine.

'What's going on?'

My head hit a couch cushion as I drifted off to sleep.

'What...just...happened?'

Author's Note:

Alright- I'm going to take another shot at this. Chapters 2 and 3 are now invalid since I'm going to rewrite them,