• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,606 Views, 162 Comments

In the Royal Guard - J8ck78



There is a great honor for a pony to serve in the Guard, until one gets in...

  • ...
2
 162
 1,606

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 9 - Battle of Canterlot Pt. 5

I'm infamous within Luna Corps for the death of their commander. of course they killed mine, so, eye for an eye..... but a few despise me for it. I think the only reason Captain Shadow talks to me is to give me orders. With both Commanders dead, both sides were now evenly matched, and it was just a matter of time.

__________________________________________________________________
The brown Pegasus Guard looked over the crater where the former commander lay motionless. Contempt with his action, but noting he had to watch his speed next time. As he turned to head back he saw the flash of the dark armor and barely had time to dodge when the Lunar Guard dove straight past him, taking a few feathers off his wing before he was off as fast as his wings could carry him through towards the city. The Lunar Guard was right behind him, dead set on killing for his act. Behind him, Shadow flew her hardest to try and catch the Guard pony, but he was faster than her, but she was more cunning. Every move he made to dodge her she met with the exact move to follow. Even flying through a fight between Royal and Luna Guard Unicorns wasn't enough, a blast of friendly fire at himself actually made him lose some time. He looked back to see her gaining on him, her red eyes hell bent on flying him down and probably killing him in t he worst way physically, or if she found some of her friends, magically possible. As he turned back forward, all he saw was the wall of the Canterlot castle flying straight for him.

"WHOA!" he screamed

He dove straight down , not three inches away from the wall itself, the the frill on his helmet scraping the side of the castle as he flew. He knew that guard was still behind him, and probably knew the whole city as maps of Canterlot weren't exactly illegal. In fact he knew the were given out free on brochures. Then it hit him! He knew a area that wasn't given out free, and was mapped only once a hundred years ago! Yes, that's how he'd lose her, because if there was one thing he had gotten more than boring Guard Duty at the Royal toilet, was sewer patrol. Banking left, he dared the Luna Guard to follow him. She did. Shadow almost had him as he dived down and straightened out, using a move her old mentor had taught him, gaining altitude and closing in, but he suddenly changed course. She knew this city like the back of her hand, for she had been raised here and knew every inch of it when she would sneak out of her ritzy parents estate up here. Around her, she remembered the sights and stores that she used to fly amongst. They were now torn, burning, or used as defenses for the battle around them. A fellow Luna Guard Unicorn threw a mess of boards against some Royal Guard Earth ponies, taking two down before a third managed to buck a piece of wall at him. Five Royal Guard Pegasus swooped in not far off, two taken down by a magical attack. A Royal Guard Earth Pony bucked a Luna Unicorn in the air. Shadow watched before feeling a intense pain in her head. Wood splintered around and fell to the floor, her ears ringing from the impact. When she came to, she barely had time to block the strike from the Pegasus she had been chasing. Still in shock from the surprise attack, she couldn't aim her own attacks to well and he was off again, infuriating him even more. He zigzaged through the streets, even doubled back once in a attempt to lose her before darting up into the sky. She followed him up and met him high above the city.

"I am going to enjoy killing you!" she growled at him

He just smiled smugly: "That's the plan."

With that he dived back down to Canterlot. Raging, she chased after him, using her old mentors method, before he surprised her once more, by diving into the sewers. He probably thought he was being smart escaping into the Sewers, but little to his knowledge, that was how she got around in her younger years, and went right in after him, smiling the whole way.

PreviousChapters Next