• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 162 Comments

In the Royal Guard - J8ck78



There is a great honor for a pony to serve in the Guard, until one gets in...

  • ...
2
 162
 1,609

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32 - Got ya

Chained at the legs, bodies, and necks, Khan, Starlight, and Crescent laid in the dungeon. while Charger hung. The storm outside still raged more furious as ever and they sat defeated. Khan kicked a small pebble across the room not regretting a thing but never planning to go out like this. He looked up at the storm and knew that behind it were thousands of stars just waiting to be discovered, but knew that he had mapped many more. If he was going to be stuck down here indefinitely, at least he would have a nice view of the stars at least. Starlight wondered if she maybe should have skipped the potion and just joined the turned Guard until a lightning flash shined on her gold armor and she took it back. She tried her best for being only a little while in the Guard, especially knowing her background. This small glimmer of light that flickered on her armor for just a split second brought a small smile to her face. However, even this was eclipsed by Charger and Crescent as Charger thought back on what he'd done over his life and looked to his friend and sighed.

"Well, I wanted action in the Guard." said Charger, "Guess I got it."

"Sorry man." said Crescent

"I don't blame you." said Charger, "I've lead you all around al your life, I guess it was time to let you lead for once."

"Thanks." said Crescent

"Of course, knowing the first time I let you lead wound us up chained for eternity-"

"Let's not get into that." said Crescent

Just then, footsteps could be heard outside, one was distinctly of a ponies, but the others were of something else, and the halls were too small for a dragon. The door opened and in walked Spirit still in his mind controlled state. he bowed his head and in walked two hulking beastly figures and a smaller skinnier one that made them think about what he was.

"Diamond dogs!?" said Khan, "How did these guys get in here?"

"Quiet Pony!" said Spirit

"You're a pony too Lieutenant." said Charger

He was poked by one of the small dog creatures halberd, which hurt.

"Listen up ponies!" said the small one, "My name is Lord Rex and you bow to me now!"

"What are you doing here in Equestria!?"

"Me struck up a deal with two scaly dragons! Me keeps the most precious gems in all of the land for myself, and they feast on the jewels of Canterlot!"

"Precious jewels?" asked Crescent

"Yes!" exclaimed Rex in joy, "With gems we control all of Equestria and force ponies to dig up gems for us! With special ancient potion, we control Royal Guard to capture Princesses and Dragons help also!"

"Why would you care!?" asked Khan, "You have all the gems you would ever need back where ever you freaks come from!"
Khan was smacked hard with a halberd as Rex laughed.

"Too long prissy ponies control world! Too long we other species have to suck up to you, and scrounge around looking for precious while you steal them all! Now we in control now! We keeps gemsies all to ourselves! Precious, precious gems!"

He walked off howling in laughter before stopping.

"Lou pony! Watch them! Make sure they don't escape!"

"Yes sir Lord Rex!" said Spirit as he closed the door inside

He stood there in the corner in his trance. he didn't flinch or move a muscle. Charger decided to test a theory and moved a little. Spirit didn't budge. He coughed, nothing.

"Lieutenant!? Hello, Lieutenant?" he called out

Spirit didn't budge.

"He's literally here to make sure we don't escape." said Charger, "Nothing else!"

"So, does that mean we plan a escape?" asked Crescent

"I don't know." said Charger

"Planning would implement we try and escape, so no." said Khan

"How are Diamond dogs in all of this?" asked Starlight, "I thought they were just a bunch of second rate idiotic thugs!"

"They can be dangerous when need be." said Khan, "Besides, as their name implies, they're dogs. There are dozen's of packs all over Equestria in the outskirts where gems still persist. There was bound to be one like this somewhere or another. "Lord Rex" probably got luck with the dragons to use as muscle to take on the Princesses."

"Do you think the Princesses can handle it?"

"With most of the Guard now seemingly under their control, and the storm blocking out the moon and the sun, they may just succeed!" said Khan in a worry, "by the time anypony else has time to react, it will be too late."

"So, we lost?" asked Charger

"So it seems." said Crescent, "I wonder what they are going to do to us?"

Just then, a knock came at the door.

"Open up!" came a nasally raspy voice from behind it

"Who's there?" asked Spirit

"Special gift from Lord Rex!" came the voice

"I think we're about to find out!" said Starlight, her voice shivering from fear.

Spirit opened the door and before he knew it a cannon was shoved in his face.

"Hi there!" said David

He pulled the cord of the cannon, firing a blast point blank into Spirits face, sending him back and into the wall, leaving a outline where his body hit.

"Untie them!" ordered David

Two Pegasus flew in and began to undo the chains.

"What the!? Sergeant?" said a shocked Crescent as his chains were undone

"Howdy!" said David, "getting yourselves caught, I thought they trained you better."

"We thought you were dead!" said Starlight

"It's gonna take allot more than a Diamond Dog to take me out! Seriously! How do you think I got my rank?"

"But, your desk, the shredded paper, the mess, the blood!" said starlight

"Dog tried to slash my paper, I kicked him hard in the shin, He tried to smash me at my desk, a grabbed a pencil and stabbed him. Tried to hypnotize me with some weird thing, but I can't be hypnotized, then stabbed me with some enchanted blade of sorts, I took a potion against it. We scuffled a little, and well, Diamond Dogs can't fight to save their lives and ran for it. Come on! Would I really die like that!?"

"But, that pony we saw!" said Charger

"Yeah, sorry about that. I ended up chasing that damn dog all over the palace, and well, I thought you guys were others. I tried to get help but-"

"You were attacked by the other Guards?" asked Khan

"Yeah! I found these two perfectly fine. Saw you guys get captured, and went after ya. Took a cannon for good measure."

"Sergeant! The Lieutenant is waking up!"

They all looked over to Spirit as he shook his head and sat up.

"Guard! The castle is under attack by Diamond Dogs and Dragons! We need to act fast!" he said

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Easy there old buddy." said David walking up

"David! Thank Celestia you're alive! We feared the worst!"

"Come on man!" said David helping his friend up, "I'm too good for that! What happened?"

"They cornered me, I went to attack and this one pulled out this green orb and I blacked out. Next thing I know I'm in this dungeon."

"You were hypnotized sir!" said one of the Pegasus Guards, "They are doing it to the whole Guard!"

"How'd I get out?" asked Spirit

"I shot you point blank with a cannon." smiled David

"Really?" asked a flat toned Spirit

David nodded his head happily.

"Well, we need to alert whomever hasn't been hypnotized or whatever and mount a counter attack! We need to stop them, and I don't think they'll agree to be shot at point blank with a cannon."

"I have a better idea!" said Khan

"What is it?" asked Spirit

"I managed to make some antidote to the mind control in my lab! If we load it up in the cannon, we can return the Guards back to normal!"

"You got any spare on you?" asked David

Khan took some out of his pocket: "I couldn't use it earlier, I was outnumbered!"

"Load these two up with it! I don't want them turning midway through a fight."

"Okay!" said Spirit, "David, take these two pegasi and get two more cannons! The rest of us will return to his lab to get more of that antidote! I hope this works!"

PreviousChapters Next