• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 162 Comments

In the Royal Guard - J8ck78



There is a great honor for a pony to serve in the Guard, until one gets in...

  • ...
2
 162
 1,609

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3 - The Chase

The two burst open the door and looked around frantically. The room was just another hall leading to another set of doors nearly a quarter of a mile down. Pillars held it up as the light danced of vibrant colors through the stained glass windows. There was no way the Filly that got in could have gotten far, and the two Guards began to look around.

"How'd she even get this far in!?" asked Crescent in near panic

"Who cares! Just find her!" yelled Charger

The two heard a stumble far off to their left. They both looked at each other and smiled.

"Come out little Filly!" said Charger

"We wont hurt you...." said Crescent

The two crept up where they heard the noise and saw a pillar holding up a vase. Charger motioned for Crescent to go left and they surrounded the pillar. Crescent nodded and they silently agreed to go on three.

"Three!" both yelled

The jumped around the pillar, Crescent wings out and ready to fly, Charger ready to buck anything.

"Stop right there-mouse....... you're a mouse." said Charger

"How the?" asked a confused Crescent

"Over heeeeere!" came a small Childs voice

The two looked behind them to see the small pink filly skipping around in a circle happily.

"Get her!" yelled Charger

He galloped down the Filly, but she easily jumped over him and pranced out the door. Charger himself crashed into the wall, and was forced to helped out by Crescent. Charger thanked him and as he stood up, both looked to each other in fear.

"She's getting away!" they yelled in unison

They burst through the doors only to hear the giggling little Filly going down the stairs. They gave chase, but the mysterious little pony seemed to always be one step ahead of them. They zoomed past Sergeant David who noticed as the wake ripped the paper from his hands and knocked his helmet off and onto the ground. He looked on amazed and confused at the sight until he realized what was going on. he chuckled to himself, bent over and repositioned his helmet and grabbed his paper.

"They always give chase." he laughed to himself, "Have fun you three!"

The two Guards gave chase, Charger living up to his namesake by galloping ahead of Crescent and bursting through a door and over a balcony. He screamed as he fell a few feet before Crescent managed to catch him with his hoof and lifted him back up and over the balcony.

"Thanks man!"

"No problem." said Crescent

He walked over and looked down to see a twelve story drop straight onto a road.

"She fall?" asked Charger

"I hope not." said a worried Crescent

As the two had a sinking feeling growing in their stomachs they heard a "yoo hoo!" from up above them. Both looked up
and to their surprise there was the little pink Filly waving at them.

"How the?" asked a bewildered Charger

"Who cares! Get her!" yelled Crescent

The two took off again, chasing her all over the castle and Canterlot is seemed. Just when it seemed that they had the little Unicorn cornered, she popped out somewhere else calling for them in a playful manner. Up the stairs? Nope she's sliding down the railing. In a closet? nope she's skipping merrily behind them both. The floor above? No, she was in Charger's helmet, which even she admitted the impossibility of how she got there. After what seemed like hours the two Guards were out of breath and sweating to the point their armor was soaked. With tongs hanging out and panting, they fell over defeated.

"All.... those(pant, pant) weeks training!" tried Charger

"We were..... defeated.....by-"

The little pink Filly appeared over them both looking at them confused.

"YOU!" yelled Crescent loudly

The little Unicorn smiled and began to happily jump around them giggling all the way.

"You guys are funny!" she said merrily

Charger tried to catch her, but only managed in spinning her at high speed.

"WEEEEEEEE!" she yelled in joy

"What is this?" asked a tired out Crescent, "...... a game!?"

"Precisely Guards." came a shrill voice from in front of them.

Both Guards looked to See Captain Shadow walking up to them both, a look of unamusement and general disdain on her face. They tried their hardest to stand at attention, managing to stand up weakly and shaking all over. Behind them both the little Unicorn hid and shuddered in fear.

"How long have you been chasing her?"

"(pant) Going on two hours..... I think." wheezed Charger

"I lost track after she hid in the clock tower." said a weak Crescent who had resorted to hold both him and Charger with wings,

"Hmmm...... two hours? Really? Filly! Is this true!?"

The little Unicorn, who had been hiding behind Charger's leg stepped forth. She looked up long and big eyed at Shadow
before speaking.

"Yes Ma'am......."

"What have I told you about playing with the Guards whilst they're on duty!" she asked angrily

"That they have jobs to do and that I should let them do thewr jobs."

"Uh-huh. What happens when you don't let them when they don't do their jobs?"

The little Unicorn said nothing.

"Answer me!"

"It becomes vulwewable to attack....."

"Exactly! Now! To your room and think about what you did!" she said sternly

"Yes Ma'am......" said the Filly

With that, the little girl walked away solemnly.

"Per-per-permission to speak, captain." said a out of breath Charger

"Granted." said Shadow

"That your kid?" he asked

"No. No one knows who her parents are. She's the unofficial adopted daughter ever since we found her."

"We?" asked Crescent

Shadow snorted at the question and a angry look grew across her face.

"Sergeant David. Now return to your posts Guards. Seeing how you broke the Unit record at two hours, I wont punish you."

"Really?" asked Charger

"You best hurry before I change my mind!"

The two Guards found a reboot of their energy and galloped off before Shadow had even turned around.

PreviousChapters Next