• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 162 Comments

In the Royal Guard - J8ck78



There is a great honor for a pony to serve in the Guard, until one gets in...

  • ...
2
 162
 1,609

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18 - Clean out

"I'm sorry Charger, but how do you Earth Ponies get by like this?" asked Flower as he fumbled with a book in his Hooves

"Ehscoose meh?" asked Charger with a broom in his mouth

"No magic." said Flower

"No flight." said Crescent as he struggled up a ladder with some books in his hands

Charger rolled his eyes and continued to sweep up the papers into a pile: "Ah leesh we're mahkin prohgresh!"

"Spit that thing out if your going to talk!"

"*PTOO!* Fine! I said at least we're making progress."

While there was some truth in the subject, they had only managed to clean through the bottom floor. The second level, as well as the telescope, which ended with Flower's head stuck in the main controls for a few minutes.


"Well, at least we helped that one Unicorn." said Charger
"Yeah I guess." said Flower before catching himself, "Charger, why did you decide to help her?"

"Yeah Charge, he has a point." said Crescent trying to climb again

"We're Guards! Protecting people is what they always told us to do!"

"Yes, but even then it was not like you to go headlong into a fight like that. Normally you try and talk your way out if it!"

"Despite the nobility of it, look what it got us into!" said Flower

The moment he finished Crescent fell off the ladder and to the floor. Several books and the ladder landed on him moments later.

"Ow."

"See." said Flower

"I, uh, may have overreacted." said Charger

"I know you did! Why?" asked Flower

"I'm in pain here guys!" called out Crescent

"Just get back to work! We got a long way to go." said Charger gruffly

He turned around to see a pair of bright green eyes starring at him happily.

"AH!" said Charger falling backwards.

He landed in the papers he had been pushing which flew up in the air and all over the place. He sat up and moved some of the papers from his face to see Filly standing on a stack of books with a small bag over her shoulder.

"Filly? How'd you get in here?" asked Charger

"The door was unlocked!" said Filly happily

"I can't move!" said Crescent

"Okay, why are you in here?" asked Flower walking up

"I saw what Ma'am was doing to you out there and felt bad. Sarge told me you were in here, so I bwought you these!"

Using her magic, she gave each one a cookie. Charger took it with his hoof, Flower with his magic, and the still trapped Crescent took it in his mouth and began to eat it.

"*Sniff, Sniff* Filly, what's in these?"

"They're chocolate chip! I made them myself!" she said cheerily

"MMM! They're good!" said Crescent through a bite.

Charger eyes his and noticed the distinct squares the "chips" were in.

"Filly, these don't look like chocolate chips." he said

"Oh, the pantwy was out of chips, but I found some more in the red cross cabinet!"

Charger and Flower went wide eyed as Crescent was totally oblivious to the situation. Flower himself was about to take his first bite when he heard and stopped cold, his teeth just sitting on the edge of the cookie.

"Filly, what was the name of those chips?" asked Charger

"There wasn't that many in the box so I used one per cookie. Choco-lax! Funny name?"

The two stood there in fear as they heard Crescent finish the last of his. Charger and Flower slowly put their cookies down and smiled nervously. Filly saw this, tears welling up in her eyes and her mouth quivering.

"You not like them? I worked weally hard!"

"Uh, Filly, it's not that we don't like them." said Charger

"it's just-"

"SWEET CELESTIA OUT OF MY WAY!" screamed Crescent

He burst out of the ladder and book pile he was in and tore off down the hall like a wonderbolt at a show. He rounded the corner, the sound of him crashing into something before his screams of pain followed as he took off again.

"Those weren't normal chocolate chips." finished Flower

"They weren't?" asked the shocked Filly, "But the box said-"

"Filly, those chocolate chips make you go potty." said Charger trying to make it as simple as possible, "Allot."

"Oh." said Filly realizing what she just did, "Sowy."

"We don't blame you." said Flower reassuring her, "Just, don't take food from the medicine cabinet anymore okay?"

The sound of screams from other ponies down the hall made it clear that Crescent had no clue where the bathrooms were. Filly looked on ashamed as Charger patted her on the back.

"You can still help us out though?"

"I can!?" she asked springing back to life

"Well, Crescent at least. Use your magic to pick up all the books and put them back in alphabetical order." smiled Charger

"Okay! I do this for Uncle Khan all the time!" she said bouncing away to start her clean-up.

Flower looked on as he walked over to Charger and whispered in his ear: "I though Sgt, David said no magic!"

"He said you couldn't! He never said anything about Filly!"

"Oh. Well played." said Flower

PreviousChapters Next