• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 162 Comments

In the Royal Guard - J8ck78



There is a great honor for a pony to serve in the Guard, until one gets in...

  • ...
2
 162
 1,609

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12 - Battle of Canterlot Part 8 - Conclusion

I wont lie to you, seeing that sunrise on that morning after all that fighting was the most glorious thing any Royal Guard had ever seen. yet, we couldn't cheer, we couldn't rejoice. When the sight of both Princesses walking down the tattered remains of the Capital city, we almost felt ashamed of what we had done despite being our respective duties. No one dared keep their head's level with our royal leaders. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Royal Guard bowed to Luna and the Lunar Guard to Celestia. As far as we were concerned, there was no victory, no defeat, it was just over

__________________________________________________________________

Down below, David lay in a corner, dazed from the blast, which seemed to have been magnified through the sewers. He looked up to see a manhole covering, and saw it, four holes, each one shining bright. As he looked on, Shadow appeared, ready to kill him, but David didn't care at that point. He was tired, wore out, and slightly wounded. Shadow saw that he wasn't looking at her and turned around to see just what. Her heart sank lower than ever upon seeing the light, and she dropped to her knees and covered her face with her hooves, shedding a tear in despair. David stood up and looked at his defeated opponent. He couldn't tell whether to buck her to oblivion, or try and comfort her. He then heard a distinct scraping not far off, like someone was trying to dig themselves out of something. He limped over to where the sound was to a collapsed section of the sewers that had fell in the blast. He looked down into a hole and saw a pair of scarred green eyes starring back at him. Red flags in his mind instantly went up and he had to get whomever this was out. He removed a few rocks, but the main ones were too big even for him to move without bucking, and that might kill whomever was inside! He looked around for anything when he saw the Lunar Pegasus sitting their in despair.

"Hey! Can you give me a hoof with this! Some ones stuck under here!"

Shadow looked up and over the the Royal Guard trying to remove the rocks. He gave her a face of "come on!", but she could barely move. It was all lost, her princess had lost, it was all over. Finding the strength to move, if these were going to be her last moments on Earth at least trying to help. Limping over, she helped her enemy remove the large rocks from whomever was under them when at last they removed it. In a instant, a little unicorn filly was clinging at her leg and not letting go. She was scared beyond belief and shaking in fear. Shadow herself knelt down and comforted the little Filly to the best of her ability. The Filly was cold and weak, and soaked to the bone. The Filly started to calm down with shadows help, but was still terrified. David looked on, again not sure what to do since he was expecting a Filly to be under there. He sat down and looked on at the two and smiled the best he could considering the situation.
"She your's?" he asked


"She look like mine?" snapped Shadow

"Got me there."

The little Unicorn looked up to the two wide eyed and scared.

"Hey Filly. How'd you get down here."

The young Unicorn tried to shrink back into Shadow before closing her eyes, tired and exhausted and fell asleep.

"We're going to be here awhile." said Shadow

__________________________________________________________________

"So that's it. Got the whole back story and everything." said David as they walked through the halls

"Kind of long winded." said Charger

"Someone was entertained." said David flatly, "So, worth it."

They arrived at a less than grand area of the palace where two doors lay.

"Officers." said David leaning pointing to the left, "NCO's and Enlisted."

With that, he turned around and walked back to where his desk was.

"Going to bed early Sergeant?" asked Crescent

"I'm on Blue shift! I'm on Guard until tomorrow evening! Get some sleep you two!"

"Uh, thanks Sergeant!" said Charger

"No, it's easy to fall asleep on duty. Get any and all you can!"

He walked away content with himself when Crescent stirred up the courage to ask:

"Does the captain still hate you!?"

David stopped and looked down contemplating his answer.

"She hasn't changed her hair back since I complimented her on it!"

With that, he disappeared into the darkness

PreviousChapters Next