• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 1,609 Views, 162 Comments

In the Royal Guard - J8ck78



There is a great honor for a pony to serve in the Guard, until one gets in...

  • ...
2
 162
 1,609

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - Battle of Canterlot Part 7

And then, it happened! A bright light in the distance. I was in the damn sewers when I heard it so I didn't see much. Spirit will tell you, it was the most beautiful sunrise ever. We in the Guard were so proud that we had won, the Lunar Guard shattered and surrendering, and then as we were beginning to tally up the dead, lick our wounds, and warden off the prisoners, they appeared, and it was no longer we and they.

__________________________________________________________________

David was severely regretting going in the sewers! This Pegasi knew every inch of them and was using it to her advantage. Even the new section where he had a slight advantage, they were modeled after the old ones and were easily navigable if one knew what they were doing. To make matters worse for him: She knew what she was doing! try as he might, he couldn't shake her off his tail, literally! With no other option, he swallowed every bit of fear that was in his hooves and charged forward to get some distance between her and him for the ambush. Shadow watched him pull away faster than she could fly, she must've had him on his last leg and this was all he could muter from his wings. Confidant in that she had him, she backed off a little to let him think he was gaining on him-

David came out of nowhere and smacked her hard on the face with his Hoof. The Lunar Pegasi flew into the wall hard and cracked it. Still, she would not be taken down so easily and recovered fast to miss a second punch thrown by him as well as a buck attack which left two distinct craters in the wall. The tides had turned, with Shadow doing everything in her power to dodge his attacks, knowing one more blow like that would take her out. For Pegasi, he struck like a Earth Pony, which meant she could use this to her advantage. David missed blow after blow until he swung out in he open where another sewer pipe lead to somewhere off. The Lunar Guard counter attacked, trying to land her own punches, but he dodged each one on his own until one kick to the stomach caught him. As he went down, he head butted her and into the water. David grappled for her throat, but the Lunar Pegasi exposed her wings and flapped them down hard. Confused, he looked up to see a torrent of water rushing past him, and he knew she used the Pegasus ability to control the weather to control the water flow in the sewers. He grabbed her and held her up before the water as a shield. When it was over, both had been washed up against the side of the wall, gasping for breath. David spat out some water and looked to the Lunar Pegasi and laughed. Before her mane was tightly tucked under her helmet. Now it was hanging out the side over half her face.

"That's a good look for you." he laughed

"I will enjoy killing you."

"You haven't so far."

They met head on, trying to outdo each other in a test of strength. David's own power was easily matched by Shadows skill in combat and the two were locked in a epic stalemate until they felt the ground rumbling around them, worse so then earlier when the combat was going on up above. They both stopped and looked around as the sewers seemed to be coming down on top of them.

Up above, Spirit was out of the fight. His entire body was wrapped tightly in bandaged and he could only wear his cracked helmet for protection. The Unicorns had sent him to a triage center for wounded. It was set up in a market place and was not only taking in Royal Guard, but a few wounded Lunar Guard as well. He was the first to see it, a bright light in the distance that lit up the eternal night sky followed by a visible rainbow. The sight was breathtaking to behold, and it swept over the land and through the city. It shook the castle, rattled the buildings, and knocked a few pony's over. Spirit struggled to stand through the ordeal and despite his shattered ribs, Spirit felt no pain as he watched on. When it subsided, there was something else that had followed it, a light in the distance: The sun. They had won. He looked on as the Royal Guard cheered when he saw a wounded Lunar Guard Earth Pony stumble into the courtyard before him. Spirit walked over slowly and looked at the defeated Guard. His leg was broken, several scars were on his flank, his eyes were bleeding, and his armor cracked all over. The Pony looked up and waited for Spirit to deliver the finishing blow when Spirit lifted him up, even with his shattered ribs and carried him over to the center. For some reason he felt no ill will toward his former opponent, no ill will at all.

PreviousChapters Next