• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 2,511 Views, 90 Comments

Discord Vs. Diamond - Discorded SheepcityUSA



Discord has to foalsit Diamond Tiara when Fluttershy can't make it. Chaos ensues.

  • ...
6
 90
 2,511

Discord's Game

Diamond stomped through town with Silver Spoon by her side sporting probably the angriest look she had ever worn in her life on her face. Silver Spoon could practically feel the heat radiating from her friend’s rage, and it unnerved her a little. She’d seen Diamond angry plenty of times, but this was on a totally different level. She must’ve felt completely powerless at the claws of Discord; and when you are usually the one on top, that feeling could tend not to sit well.

“Rrrrgh, of all the foalsitters in all of Equestria, I just HAD to get set up with HIM!” Diamond growled the final word through her teeth as she started to grind them in anger.

“I know Diamond, I know he’s horrible; but I’m sort of at a loss here. We’re foals, we can’t match up to his kind of power. Best we can do right now is just suck it up, wait till your dad gets back, and then you won’t have to deal with Discord ever again...” Silver Spoon responded.

Diamond turned around and gave Silver Spoon a slightly cold stare that probably said something along the lines of “Silvs, I love you and everything, but be quiet”

“Silver, when I come home, Discord’ll probably have turned the entire mansion completely upside down. And exactly whose fault do you think it’s going to be when dad gets back and finds the toilet on the ceiling, or maybe the litterbox coming to life and trying to eat my cat?” Diamond asked. The sheer ridiculousness of this statement was nearly enough to make Silver facehoof, but she instead settled on a slight deadpan.

“…Diamond, I’m pretty sure your dad knows you are completely incapable of pulling something like that off.” she said, stating the very obvious. It was becoming very apparent that Diamond was so angry that she wasn’t quite all there.

“…Well you’re right, I guess…that still doesn’t excuse the fact that I’m stuck with Discord for two more days though." Diamond groaned, rubbing her temples with her hooves. To her, Discord was like headaches incarnate, and this morning wasn’t really helping.

“Look, it’s only two days with a God of Chaos….Maaaybe if you two got on better terms he’d leave you alone?” Silver suggested.

“…Silver, are you seriously suggesting that I try to make FRIENDS with DISCORD?!” Diamond practically yelled. At this point her eyes had widened and her jaw had completely dropped. She could not believe the absurd suggestion that had entered her ears.

Despite the shocked look on her friend’s face and the volume of her voice, Silver Spoon’s face didn’t change. “If you’ve got a better idea, I’d love to hear it…” Silver Spoon retorted with little emotion.

Diamond growled to herself and cursed Discord’s name under her breath. “…Wow I hate this situation so much…” Diamond was about to offer another possible suggestion to Silver Spoon on the subject of dealing with Discord, when she noticed a small flicker of light from the corner of her eye, catching her attention.

“Hm?” Diamond craned her neck around to see around Silver Spoon’s body where the light had come from. Oddly enough, she found Silver Spoon doing the same with a rather confused look on her face.

“…Diamond, you saw that little flash of light too didn’t you?”

“Uh-huh….”

Both fillies finally got their heads into the view of where the light had come from and looked at the other’s flank where the oddity had transpired…

Only to find their flanks were left completely blank.

Both fillies’ eyes widened as they laid eyes on their friend’s markless flank and they let out a scream of horror in unison.

“YOUR CUTIE MARK!” They yelled at the same time. The fillies then took a look at their own flanks to see what the other was talking about, only to see that their cutie mark was gone too. “MY CUTIE MARK! AAAAAAH!” Both of them screamed again. It was no surprise that their screaming had garnered the attention of a few ponies nearby.

Diamond tensed up at feeling their gaze, hoping to Celestia that they wouldn’t notice the embarrassing predicament that she and Silver were in. Just as a precaution though, both fillies stood back-to-back and flank-to-flank to obscure the public’s view of their lack of cutie-marks.

“W-What the heck happened? Where did our cutie-marks go?!” Silver yelled through her teeth so she didn’t get attract anymore unwanted attention from Ponyville’s citizens.

“I’m not a hundred percent on this Silvs, but I’m pretty sure that the name of the one who’s responsible for this both starts and ends with the letter “D” and their inconsistent body parts would make a OCD stricken pony want to tear out their mane…”

Before either filly had a chance to utter another word, they heard a slight snicker coming from nearby. They turned around quickly, deathly afraid that somepony had spotted them without their cutie-marks, only to see that somepony indeed had.

Not far from them, there was a grey unicorn colt with a black mane that was in the style of a Mohawk that didn’t appear to be too far from their age. He had a hoof glued over his mouth in a very nearly futile attempt to stop himself from laughing at the fillies’ issue.

“Hey! Don’t laugh at us! We just had our cutie-marks taken away!” Diamond yelled at him.

The colt only snickered a little more before answering in a VERY familiar voice. “Ooooh, I am more than aware of your little problem, Diamond Tiara~” he chuckled with a slight smirk. His eyes then turned a very bright shade of yellow and his pupils to red. Afterwards, a single fang protruded itself from his mouth.

“…Discord.” Diamond said with narrowed eyes glaring at him.

“…Oh what gave it away? Was it the Mohawk?” the draconequus-turned-colt said as he ran a hoof through his mane with a questioning look on his face.

“…Wait, why the heck would you turn yourself into a colt? Isn’t being all made from different animals…I don’t know…more to your nature or something?” Silver Spoon asked. Discord didn’t respond right away, but instead teleported next to them and put a foreleg around Silver Spoon’s shoulder.

“Well, you know what they say about never letting go of your inner child~” Discord snickered. “Besides, ponies tend to not really take the sight of me all that well. Running, screaming, possibly pitchforks and torches. You know how it is. Can’t imagine what on Equestria for though.” Discord said, scratching his chin with a hoof.

“…Yeah, it’s a real mystery.” Silver Spoon said sarcastically to herself.

“Alright, enough joking around Discord! What did you do with our cutie-marks?!” Diamond yelled, getting straight in his face to the point of touching noses with nothing but a look of complete rage upon her.

“Yeesh, personal space please?” Discord asked. He then summoned a bit of magic with his unicorn horn to pull Diamond away from him by the tail.

“Hey! Stop that! Don’t touch my tail!” Diamond continued to yell.

Discord put his hooves to his ears and cringed a little at the sound of Diamond’s overly loud and high pitched yelling. “Ugh, your voice is like claws scratching a chalkboard while the chalkboard screams in agony.” He groaned. Discord then went back to stroking his chin with one of his new hooves. “Hmmm, let me see now. Cutie-marks, cutie-marks…oh you don’t mean THESE do you?~” Discord then turned his body around to show off his flanks, which to the fillies’ surprise, adorned their cutie-marks; Diamond’s on one side of his body, and Silver’s on the other.

“Give those back! We need those!” Silver Spoon yelled at him in a similar way to Diamond.

Discord only snickered a little at the filly’s demand. “Don’t worry, I’m not THAT cruel. You’ll get them back soon…but first , I would like to play a game~” Discord said with an ever growing smirk.

Diamond and Silver looked uncomfortably at each other at the prospect of this. Discord had their cutie-marks, and from the looks of it, they’d need to meet his demands if he’d be willing to give them back. The silence lasted for quite a while before finally Diamond spoke up. “…What kind of game are you talking?”

Discord then teleported himself in between the two fillies, making them flinch a little in fright. “Quite simple actually. I know aaaall about how you just love making fun of those that have no cutie mark, sooo I would like to see how you fare under similar conditions…Now, here’s how the game works. If you can stand the rest of the day without your cutie-marks AND without coming to me to beg for them back before sunset, then you shall be blank flanks no longer. Sound like fun?~” Discord sneered as he tapped his hooves together with a seemingly evil grin on his face.

Diamond and Silver exchanged a few glances after hearing the rules of said game. “…That actually sounds like the opposite of fun, but…you promise to end this whole charade at sunset?” Diamond asked suspiciously. She wouldn’t really put it past Discord to turn the rules of this game against them, but their options were not very many right now.

“Heehee, cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!” Discord said, going through the motions of a Pinkie-Promise as he did so.

Now it was official. God of Chaos or not, Discord would definitely suffer the consequences if he broke a Pinkie-Promise. He would have no choice but to hoof over their marks when the game ended now.

“…Alright, you’re on.” Diamond retorted, starting to grow a slight smirk.

“Heeheheee, lovely!~ No, if you’ll excuse me, I will be back at your mansion in the movie theater. Gotta catch up on the Power Ponies movie ya know. Discord said before poofing up a pair of 3-D glasses and a bucket of popcorn. “Ta-ta ladies!~ Hahahaha!” Discord laughed before teleporting out of the fillie’s sight.

Diamond then let out a sigh of exhaustion. If she wanted her cutie-mark back, she would need to play Discord’s stupid game, which could most likely end up with a lot of humiliation on her part, and Silver’s. She then turned to Silver and gave an annoyed expression. “…Still think I should try to make friends with him?”

“Hey, worry about THAT when we’re not blank flanks anymore! Our cutie-marks are priority right now!” Silver Spoon yelled. It kinda stunk that she had gotten dragged into this by trying to help her friend get through the weekend, but what was she to do? Diamond was her friend; she couldn’t just leave her hanging.

“Right right…So the rest of the day without our cutie-marks huh?...No big deal right? Let’s not let this mess up our plans at Sugarcube Corner; it could be worse…” Diamond said with a slightly nervous smile.

“Y-Yeah…hehe…let’s just not let the humiliation and shame of being markless get to us right?” Silver Spoon said with the same nervous smile.

“…We’re doomed aren’t we?”

“I can’t see in the future…but probably, yeah.”

Author's Note:

Okaaay so where has this story been for so long? Weeeell, I've not only been busy with IRL things, but it's also been mainly a bit of hesitance because I've only gotten a few fics that are this popular, and I'm just sort of afraid that the next chapter isn't gonna live up to the previous few. I have the same issue with basically any of my fics that go over the 1,000 view mark. I'm glad that it got popular, but it puts it to a standard and I'm afraid that no matter what I write, I won't end up living up to it. Failure terrifies me basically.

Also, I've been working on making OC's for a while, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten better at it. For instance, I have From Savage to Civil which is basically a pony adaptation of Tarzan where Rarity finds a wild foal in a dangerous jungle. I'd appreciate it if you check that out as well. :twilightsmile:

Anyway, comments are VERY appreciated, especially on this chapter because I was nervous as all Hell trying to write a good one after such a long time.

Until next chapter.

Comments ( 15 )

I think I mentioned this on a previous chapter, but I think this would make a great concept for a story.

Despite the shocked look on her friend’s face and the volume of her voice, Silver Spoon’s face didn’t change. “If you’ve got a better idea, I’d love to hear it…” Silver Spoon retorted with little emotion.

He's not exactly wrong.

Both fillies finally got their heads into the view of where the light had come from and looked at the other’s flank where the oddity had transpired…
Only to find their flanks were left completely blank.

All right, show of hands, who called it?

“I’m not a hundred percent on this Silvs, but I’m pretty sure that the one who’s responsible for this’ name both starts and ends with the letter “D” and their inconsistent body parts would make a OCD stricken pony want to tear out their mane…”

HEH!

Discord then teleported himself in between the two fillies, making them flinch a little in fright. “Quite simple actually. I know aaaall about how you just love making fun of those that have no cutie mark, sooo I would like to see how you fare under similar conditions…Now, here’s how the game works. If you can stand the rest of the day without your cutie-marks AND without coming to me to beg for them back before sunset, then you shall be blank flanks no longer. Sound like fun?~” Discord sneered as he tapped his hooves together with a seemingly evil grin on his face.

This is typical Discord. Take something, and twist it against you. A bit of a dick move, but, eh.

“Y-Yeah…hehe…let’s just not let the humiliation and shame of being markless get to us right?” Silver Spoon said with the same nervous smile.
“…We’re doomed aren’t we?”
“I can’t see in the future…but probably, yeah.”

Indeed.

I love how Silver is the voice of reason that even cuts through Diamond's rage fueled ignorance.

and the punishment fits the crime. But just as Discord calls Diamond a hypocrite he is proving his own hypocrisy.

Seems to me that the answer is as simple as it is obvious. Head back to Silver's house for the remainder of the day if no school is being held. They don't have to suffer the indignity of being blanks again and they don't have to put up with Discord's antics unless he makes a special trip to collect them and force them to endure the heat of the spotlight of public ridicule.

But then again there would be no story here otherwise.:twilightsheepish:

5932438 Ehhh, you're not the first person to say stuff about the whole "Who's worse" thing, so most of that yeah I won't argue.

Except that both Rainbow and Discord learned their lesson in the end and overall became (mostly) better ponies/draconequui. They are both willing to admit they mess up. (That scene after Tirek betrays Discord. Dem feels. :fluttercry:)

Diamond does not. Ever. All she does when she very clearly screws up and gets what's coming to her is sulk and proceed not to learn ANYTHING and continues her jerkitude in her next appearance. I think I'd take the two that screw up only occasionally (Granted that Discord did mess up really bad though :applejackunsure:) than the one that is always consistently bad.

Buuut as much as it seems like it at this point, this isn't even a Diamond abuse fic. It's more showing two jerks butting heads. And poor Silver Spoon is just caught in the middle of everything just because she was trying to help her friend out. :rainbowlaugh:

Either all of that, or I somehow managed to make one of the only actually good Diamond abuse fics on this site and didn't even know it. :applejackconfused:

Cmc incoming

What he said.
"If you can stand the rest of the day without your cutie-marks AND without coming to me to beg for them back before sunset"
What they heard.
"but…you promise to end this whole charade at sunset?”

A slight but crucial difference in interpretation.

Also you have done your best on the other chapters. Just continue as before. It was good enough then, it will be now.

5936876 Tricking foals is easy. :rainbowkiss: What the outcome of it will be though, I shall not say.~:trollestia:

Has nopony else realized that he never promised to not alter the sun or the earth in any way that would make the contest go longer then its natural length? I feel that something will happen with this. Also he only promised to end the charade, he never promised to give back the cutie marks.
There are a lot of things the girls didn't think of.

5940733 Again, tricking foals is easy~. :rainbowkiss::heart:

Can't wait for the CMC to get wind of this. Mostly I'm hoping for more DT and SS abuse, but I'll settle for them realizing the harm they do to other ponies on a daily basis by letting the CMC or other peers grill them over their sudden lack of cutiemarks.

6036954 I'm a big supporter of Fluttercord actually~ :pinkiehappy:

Just sat down and read this story in one sitting. Oh good heavens, how good it feels to see Diamond Tiara suffer.

And the best part is, she won't learn nuttin', so it can happen all over again! :trollestia:

6093812

I only have one thing to say to you...

:facehoof:

6201893

I posted that more than a year ago. Also, I don't care if you like Diamond Tiara - I don't. Be smart about this.

6201885 Hey, just going to ask if you can possibly delete some of these comments. Don't forget that there is a living breathing person behind that monitor and whatever some say, words do cut deep.

I'll be sure to delete this one too. Or just ask that the author does so. While I certainly encourage people to critique any story they like, if you find something you'd like to talk about/point out, posting memes is not a kind way to express what you thought of a story.

And yes, probably a good idea to not reply to long-dead comments. Further more, me and AD have long since put those comments behind us. So no need to dredge up the past.

This isn't the first time I've been meaning to talk to you about this sort of thing, you're a free person, but I do hope you take time think about what you're doing to someone and how you would feel if you were on the other foot.

Login or register to comment