• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 3,185 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare - SuperPinkBrony12



Pinkie Pie becomes a web slinging superhero dedicated to fighting crime. See how it all began, and how some of her greatest foes came to be.

  • ...
4
 44
 3,185

The Green Griffon: Part 4 (Spider Mare Returns)

Thanks to Cheese Sandwich, Pinkie Pie was back on her hooves and back to her usual cheerful self. This was good news for everyone, especially Pinkie's close friends.

With Pinkie Pie back to normal Ponyville was finally able to move on from Pokey Pierce's death, and when news spread that Cheese Sandwich was staying in town to plan a party to celebrate Pinkie's recovery, everyone was happy.

The same could not be said for The Green Griffon however, who continued to sulk in her prison cell while arrangements were made to have her be deported back to The Griffon Empire. She continued to despise Pinkie Pie, and vowed to get even by any means possible. She just didn't know how yet.

Her chance for revenge came sooner then anyone would've expected however. Because about three weeks after rotting in the Manehattan Maximum Security Prison The Green Griffon was finally slated to be deported back to The Griffon Empire, for good. If anyone had suspected that she might try something they probably would've arranged for tighter security. Unfortunately, no one could've predicted what was going to happen.

"Come along you!" Commander Silver Bolt snapped "Your escort awaits!"

"An escort for the big bird of crime? You flatter me." The Green Griffon remarked as she was led out of her prison cell.

"Princess Celestia believed that this was the best way to keep an eye on you!" Commander Silver Bolt said sternly "Me personally, I'd have just dragged you down to the docks kicking and screaming! In my eyes you're nothing more then the same pathetic criminal scum I've had to put up with over the years!"

"I assure you that I am far from your average criminal." The Green Griffon smirked "You and your silly princess would be wise to remember that."

"Don't try anything funny, Captain Shining Armor chose me instead of the much softer Private Flash Sentry for this mission!" Commander Silver Bolt snapped "I will not let him down!"

"Trust me Comander, if I try anything it won't be funny." The Green Griffon teased. Secretly however, she was already coming up with a plan to escape. She made sure to give no potential hints to Commander Silver Bolt, as the appropriately named pegasus brought her out into the light of the day. Something she had not seen since the day she was thrown into a cell.

"It won't be long now until you're out of our hair for good!" Commander Silver Bolt said proudly as he and The Green Griffon left the premises of the prison.

"You really don't like me that much, do you?" The Green Griffon asked.

"You have a yellow sheet as long as my hoof!" Commander Silver Bolt said crossly "And at the very top of that list lies the unremovable charges of murder and ponyslaughter. I'd say 'may Celestia have mercy on your soul!' but she's already showing you mercy as it is by not imposing the death penalty on you. And if you ask me, after all you've done and all you've threatened you, you deserve no less. I guess that's why Princess Celestia chose Shining Armor instead of me to take Gleaming Shield's place as Captain. Shining Armor and Flash Sentry aren't bad, but they're young and they have no first hoof experience with the horrors of a military career. And I pray that it stays that way, for their sake."

"I never imagined that someone like you would have a heart. You've been holding out on me." The Green Griffon teased.

Silver Bolt was not amused "Shut your beak before I shut it for you! From now on you will not speak unless spoken to, do I make myself clear?!"

"Sorry Commander, but The Green Griffon doesn't take orders from anyone. Especially not the likes of you." The Green Griffon said fiendishly, and suddenly thurst her arm hard into Commander Silver Bolt's stomach. The pegasus was stuned for a moment, allowing The Green Griffon to leap up, and strike him hard with her talons. That was enough to bring the pegasus down hard.

"Commander!" shouted a female voice. Suddenly, who should show up but former Wonderbolt member Surprise? She had recently transfered into the pegasus unit of The Royal Guard as an assistant to Commander Silver Bolt, per Captain Shining Armor's instructions. She was rumored to have her eye on Private Flash Sentry, the royal guard's junior member. She was relieved to see that Silver Bolt wasn't hurt too badly, but she was furious with his attacker. "What did you do to him, you monster?!"

"Monster?! Me?! That Commander of yours is the one who pushed my buttons." The Green Griffon said sternly "Perhaps you'd like to share his fate?!"

"You'll pay for what you did to our beloved Commander!" Surprise shouted, and flew up to try and attack The Green Griffon.

"Temper temper." The Green Griffon scolded, as she hopped up onto her glider (which she had secretly steered to her location while Commander Silver Bolt wasn't looking)

"There'll be no temperance with you!" Surprise bellowed "I'm taking you down!"

"Interesting choice of words, but I don't think so!" The Green Griffon retorted, dodging a high flying punch from Surprise. She then threw a powerful stun grenade that had been stored in a secret compartment onboard her glider.

Poor Surprise never saw it coming until it was too late. The former Wonderbolt fell to the ground, after The Green Griffon struck her hard with her talons for good measure. "I'm sorry Commander Silver Bolt, I failed you." Surprise muttered, before she collapsed.

The Green Griffon chuckled, and promptly sped off. She was free once again!

Josh Hooves had only recently started working as a volunteer at The Neighlyn General Hospital, but the pink earth pony stallion had already at least partially gotten use to the grizzly sights that tended to great him on a daily basis. Almost.

But the sight that greated him as he was heading back to the hospital after, what had been, a very uneventful patrol, was very shocking. He never would've thought he'd see a royal guard injured, let alone two of them.

Picking up the magical long range communication device that all hospital staff carried he shouted as he rushed towards the scene of disaster "This is Josh Hooves reporting, we have a Code Red emergency situation! Repeat a Code Red emergency situation! I've got two patients in need of medical attention stat!"

Surprise and Commander Silver Bolt quickly recovered at The Neighlyn General Hospital. their wounds were serious, but not life threatening. A relief to everyone, but especially to Josh Hooves, who nearly collapsed after hauling the ambulence unit that had pulled the two royal guards to the emergency room.

As soon as Surprise and Commander Silver Bolt were feeling better they recieved a visit from Captain Shining Armor. He had been a nervous wreck from the moment Private Flash Sentry had broken the news to him. "I'm glad to see that you're both alright." he said with relief. The two guards had been assigned to the same room after their wounds had been patched up.

"You didn't have to worry about us Captain." Silver Bolt said "As you can see, the staff here at Neighlyn General Hospital really know their stuff."

"Yeah, and that ambulence driver was really strong. Maybe even stronger than Flash Sentry." Surprise commented, a slight blush forming on her cheeks "I never did get his name."

"You know the rules about dating and relationships Surprise" Commander Silver Bolt teased "Our work can be very dangerous, and it's best if innocent civillians don't get involved in our line of duty."

"Rules were meant to be broken Commander Silver Bolt." Surprise replied.

"There'll be time to discuss romance and relationships later." Shining Armor said firmly "Right now there's something that I need to know. It's something that's been troubling ever since I was told you two were in the hospital."

"What's that?" Surprise asked.

"Just what the hay happened to you two out there? You were suppose to be escorting The Green Griffon from the prison to the docks." Shining Armor said crossly.

"That Green Griffon is very sneaky, and full of surprises." Commander Silver Bolt explained "I've seen a lot in my time, but I never thought I'd meet someone that could get the best of me, let alone a griffon. It's quite the blow to my pride."

"Indeed. For a Griffon she's surprisingly fast." Surprise added "If she were a Wonderbolt she could even give Fleetfoot a run for her money. And that's saying something, because as Fleetfoot will tell you, no one's ever been able to match her speed."

"So then, where is The Green Griffon now?" Shining Armor asked.

Commander Silver Bolt sighed "I'm afraid I don't know, she could be anywhere by now."

"I was afraid of that." Shining Armor said glumly "What about you Surprise? Did you happen to see anything that could provide us with a lead?"

Surprise shook her head "No sir. I'm sorry, I guess I'm not cut out for this royal guard stuff after all."

"Nonsense." Shining Armor replied "I chose you for a reason, and given time I'm sure you'll be great. But right now we have a bigger problem, The Green Griffon is on the loose and we have no idea where she could be. This is a very serious problem! The Green Griffon has proven to be very dangerous, and deadly! We must notify the public at once! This is another fine mess we've gotten ourselves into."

The news soon spread. Panic quickly set in, despite the urgance of both Princess Celestia and Captain Shining Armor to remain calm.

Even Ponyville was not spared from this frightening news, but Mayor Mare refused to stand idly by and allow her town to descend into madness yet again. "There is only one thing that we have to fear!" she boldly proclaimed "And that is fear itself! Fear is the true enemy, and if we panic then we allow it to win! Something that we must not let happen! And it won't on my watch!"

All the same some ponies were not convinced, and began to take extra security precautions, just in case The Green Griffon dared to show up again.

This was not enough to make Cheese Sandwich call off his party however, and when the town saw that he wasn't afraid, they decided that they shouldn't be afraid either. And so the preparations went on.

Pinkie Pie had to admit she was worried about the idea of The Green Griffon still being out there. Especially because she still occassionally suffered nightmares involving Pokey Pierce's death. But she vowed to herself that she would stay strong, for her sake, and for the sake of everyone else. That didn't mean she didn't spend time learning from her mistake, to make sure, that on the off chance she found herself in a similar situation with somepony else, she would know what to do.

Finally, after about a week of planning, Cheese Sandwich was ready to host the party. Because of the huge turnout he decided to hold it in front of Town Hall, where there would be enough space for everyone. Even those who had been afraid to venture out with The Green Griffon on the loose showed up.

"Wow, just look at this turnout!" Twilight said, looking out at the crowd from the stage.

"Sometimes I amaze even myself." Cheese Sandwich said proudly.

"No kidding, this is even better then that party for my birthaversary when you and Pinkie joined forces!" Rainbow Dash commented.

"Speaking of Pinkie, how is she?" Rarity asked Twilight.

"She's a lot better now then she was when this whole ordeal began." Twilight replied "But I can tell she still hasn't fully moved on from it yet."

"Oh dear." Rarity commented "Is there anything we can do?"

"Well, Cheese Sandwich has already proven to be a very big help in all of this." Twilight said "So I say we just continue to work with him for now. We've done all we can for Pinkie Pie on our own, we just have to hope that she won't slide back down."

"If you say so." Rarity said reluctantly "I just think that maybe we haven't tried hard enough to help our friend. It's probably just my nerves and personal experience."

"You have a right to be concerned, but at the same time we all need to have a little faith in Pinkie Pie." Twilight said "She's stronger then we probably give her credit for. Now, if there are no further interruptions, let's get this party started!"

"Hey, that's my line!" Pinkie Pie shouted, popping up from behind the curtain.

"Sorry Pinkie." Twilight chuckled "I couldn't resist."

"Ssh, quiet." Rainbow Dash said "Cheese Sandwich is about to address the crowd." And she was right.

"Hello everypony, I'm so glad you all could make it!" Cheese Sandwich said, holding the microphone in his hooves "As you all know Pinkie Pie has been going through a very tough time in her life. To celebrate how much progress she's made in recovering from said event I've taken the liberty of throwing her this party. And so, it is with great pleasure that we celebrate this major milestone in Pinkie Pie's life. Stay strong Pinkie, you'll never be alone. Not with all of us here to support you. With that being said, I think it's time for this party to begin. Take it away Vinyl Scratch!"

Within minutes loud music was filling the air, everyone was dancing, singing, playing games, or just generally having a good time. Even those who usually skipped these loud parties, like Cranky and Mitilda, were having a blast. This didn't feel like a Cheese Sandwich party, though that wasn't a bad thing. It felt much like a Pinkie Pie party, which was something that had been sorely lacking in Ponyville for several weeks.

"Hmmph, celebrate while you still can you stupid little ponies." The Green Griffon muttered, observing the sight from her glider "Because this party is about to be crashed! After all, you didn't think to invite me. Not that I would've accepted an invitation."

The party was in full swing within an hour of starting. Pinkie Pie was amazed to know that so many ponies and nonponies had turned out to offer their support to her. Even ponies like Diamond Tiara were being nice, something that had to be seen to be believed.

But just when it looked like nothing could wrong, Pinkie Pie's 'Pinkie Sense' started to act up again. Cheese Sandwich's 'Cheesie Sense' did the same. Needless to say, they were worried. The signals they recieved told them that something bad was gonna happen, but they didn't know what.

Then, all of a sudden, someone shouted "Look, it's The Green Griffon! She has returned!" And that someone was right.

"Oh no, not her again!" Pinkie Pie gasped.

"Hello citizens of Ponyville, did you miss me?" The Green Griffon asked.

"Go away! The likes of you aren't welcome around here!" The Mayor shouted.

"Oh yeah?! You're not the boss of me!" The Green Griffon snapped "You can't tell me what to do!"

"Wanna bet?!" The Mayor asked.

"Oh, so you wanna do this the hard way huh?! Well guess what, wish granted!" The Green Griffon shouted, and threw one of her signature bombs down into the crowd.

"Everyone run!" Mayor Mare shouted. Panic quickly swept over the crowd as ponies and nonponies alike tried to flee.

"Go ahead and run!" The Green Griffon teased "But there's nowhere you can run where you'll be safe! Not from me!"

"That Green Griffon is really grinding my gears!" Rainbow Dash said furiously "I'd love to teach her a thing or two about disrespecting this town!"

"You wouldn't last five minutes Rainbow Dash, she's dangerous!" Applejack said, holding Rainbow Dash by the tail.

"Alright, now for some fun!" The Green Griffon chuckled, hovering over the crowd "Let's see, who's the lucky so and so that's getting a free ride on The Green Griffon Express?" As one might expect no one replied. Of course, that didn't stop The Green Griffon from choosing a 'volunteer' anyway.

Mrs. Cake was completely surprised when, instead of continuing to run to safety with her husband, she felt herself being scooped up and lifted into the air. "What's going on?! What's happening?!" she asked.

"Oh, nothing much." The Green Griffon said fiendishly "I just need to 'borrow' you for a little science experiment. My last test subject didn't fare too well, but who knows? Maybe you'll have better luck then he did."

Mrs. Cake gasped "No! Put me down! I don't want to be a part of your twisted schemes!"

"Too late, my decision is made!" The Green Griffon said sternly "You are coming with me wheter you like it or not!"

"Mrs. Cake!" Pinkie Pie shouted, and raced towards The Green Griffon. The Green Griffon quickly took notice of this, but decided not to drop the bombshell.

"Go away Pinkie Pie!" The Green Griffon shouted "Or would you rather I dropped Mrs. Cake here and now?"

"You wouldn't dare!" Pinkie Pie growled.

"Would I?!" The Green Griffon asked "Unless you want to press your luck I suggest you back off. Go find Spider Mare, I know you know where to look. And make sure she knows that unless she comes to the Manehattan Bridge, Mrs. Cake here will be taking a permanet leave of abscence." And with that The Green Griffon took off, bound for Manehattan.

Pinkie Pie was completely furious at this turn of events. Was The Green Griffon really this determined to ruin her life just because of a simple misunderstanding? It was stupid and made no sense, but Pinkie Pie was not willing to take chances. After what happened with Pokey Pierce she had come to realize that she was not infailable.

"Where are you going Pinkie?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"You heard that fiend!" Pinkie Pie hissed "I'm going to find Spider Mare."

"Can I come? I'd kind of like to meet Spider Mare." Cheese Sandwich said.

Pinkie Pie sighed "No you can't Cheese. Spider Mare will only show up if I'm the only one around. It's part of the deal we formed."

"Really?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"Yes." Pinkie Pie replied, and with that she had arrived at Sugarcube Corner. Without another word she raced upstairs, entered her room, and closed the door behind her. Unfortunately, she forgot about the little window on said door. And so, as she quickly changed into her Spider Mare outfit Cheese Sandwich, who had followed Pinkie Pie out of concern, ended up discovering the secret, Needless to say, he was shocked.

"Hang on Mrs. Cake, I'll save you. I won't make the same mistake twice." Spider Mare said, as she prepared to swing out of her room. Before she could do so however, she heard a faint 'gasp!'. "Who could that be?" she asked herself.

As if to answer her question the door swung open, revealing Cheese Sandwich. "Pinkie?" he asked, still uncertain if he had seen things correctly.

"You know, don't you?" Spider Mare asked. Cheese Sandwich nodded. Spider Mare sighed "I'd rather you didn't, it puts you at risk."

"I know you think that, but don't you think that secret of yours can't stay secret forever?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

Spider Mare tried to think of a good counter arguement, but couldn't come up with anything. She sighed again "I guess you're right. At the very least those closest to me deserve to know. But I want to break this news to them on my own terms and on my own time. And right now I've got a bigger problem on my hooves. So for now, this will just have to stay our little secret."

"I understand, your secret is safe with me." Cheese Sandwich said "Heck, I'll even 'Pinkie Promise'. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye. And yes, I know that a 'Pinkie Promise' is never broken."

"Good." Spider Mare said "Now if you'll excuse me, it's hero time!" And she took off for Manehattan, the sun was already setting as she did so. She knew it would probably be dark by the time she arrived. And she was right.

"Won't be long now." The Green Griffon chuckled, still holding onto Mrs. Cake "Spider Mare should be here any moment now."

"I hope so, cause I know she'll put you in your place!" Mrs. Cake said crossly "You'll never get away with kidnapping me!"

"I know, but that won't be a problem for long." The Green Griffon said fiendishly "Ah, here comes Spider Mare now. Took her long enough to get here, but better late then never I suppose."

"Alright Green Griffon, I'm only gonna say this once! Put Mrs. Cake down gently and surrender peacefully, or suffer the consequences." Spider Mare said sternly "I mean it!"

"Ah gee, I'd love to Spider Mare, really." The Green Griffon lied "But I still haven't yet been able to figure out if earth ponies can fly without wings, and this is too good of an opportunity to pass up."

"No! Don't do it!" Spider Mare pleaded.

"Did you honestly think that was going to work?" The Green Griffon asked.

"It was worth a shot." Spider Mare shrugged.

"Well too bad, it didn't work!" The Green Griffon shouted "Time to drop the laundry!" And with that, she let go of Mrs. Cake, who began to scream at the top of her lungs.

"NO!" Spider Mare shouted, and shot a stream of webbing that caught Mrs. Cake before she could fall very far. Instantly, the memories of Pokey Pierce came flooding back to her. "Not this time!" she thought to herself, and shot several more streams of webbing to give Mrs. Cake's entire body support. She even made a small net, just in case Mrs. Cake should fall. With all that done she quickly swooped down, and grabbed Mrs. Cake.

"Curses!" The Green Griffon shouted "You'll pay for that Spider Mare!"

Spider Mare quickly, but carefully, brought Mrs. Cake down to the ground, and to safety. Mrs. Cake was relieved. "Oh thank you, if you hadn't shown up when you did I would've been dead." she said happily.

"Think nothing of it Mrs. Cake." Spider Mare said kindly "I'm just doing my job."

"Well it doesn't matter, you saved my life." Mrs. Cake said "Although, now that I think about it. You remind me an awful lot of somepony that I already know."

"There'll be time for that later." Spider Mare said sternly "For right now I want you to listen carefully. Do exactly what I tell you, if I tell you to run, run! For now though, just stay here."

"What about you?" Mrs. Cake asked "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to end this once and for all!" Spider Mare shouted, and took off to face The Green Griffon.

"So, you've come back for more huh?" The Green Griffon asked "Well good, I was beginning to get a little bored."

"This isn't funny anymore Green Griffon!" Spider Mare said sternly, and punched The Green Griffon hard in the face. The two quickly began to duke it out onboard The Green Griffon's glider,

"Why do you resist Spider Mare?" The Green Griffon asked "Why can't you just let me have my fun?"

"Because your idea of fun is sick and twisted, and I don't like!" Spider Mare replied, dodging a swipe of The Green Griffon's claws. "But that's not the only reason why I really can't stand you. I could go on and on about how you continue to try and break my spirits. How, despite the fact that you use others to get to me, you think you have the moral high ground. Or even how you're trying to actively ruin my life just because of a silly misunderstanding. But I think what I really don't like about you is that you just don't quit, no matter what happens. But now, I'm finally going to end this! Even if I have to break you in two!"

"Oh Spider Mare, if you had the guts for that you would've done it by now!" The Green Griffon taunted "But you haven't, I'm still around."

"Like I said when we last fought, killing you isn't the right thing to do. It won't help, even if it would make me feel great." Spider Mare said, delivering a sweeping kick to The Green Griffon "Even so, I'm going to make sure that this time you learn your lesson!"

"Oh please, you just don't get it do you?" The Green Griffon asked "Until I have humilated you, and made you realize just how miserable life can be, I'll always keep coming back. You can't just get rid of me because you want to do so."

"Sorry, but I'm afraid this is the end for your life of crime." Spider Mare taunted, punching The Green Griffon once again.

"Oh yeah?! And why is that?!" The Green Griffon asked.

"Because, you're about to crash!" Spider Mare chuckled, and swug off of the glider.

"What are you talking abo-" The Green Griffon asked, but was cut off mid sentence when her glider crashed into one of the towers on The Manehattan Bridge. Throwing her off and stranding her on top of said tower, while the glider sank into the water below.

"Give it up Green Griffon, there's nowhere left for you to run!" Spider Mare shouted, climbing up to the top of the same tower that The Green Griffon was now stranded on.

"You haven't beaten me yet!" The Green Griffon bellowed "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me!" And with that, The Green Griffon lunged at Spider Mare.

Spider Mare easily dodged the lunge, and used her webbing to tie The Green Griffon down, preventing her from escaping. "It's over Green Griffon, you've lost!" Spider Mare said "And now, you will never hurt anyone or rob anyone of anything ever again, for as long as you live!"

"No! This can't be! I'm never going back!" The Green Griffon shrieked, trying in vain to break free of the webbing.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but this is the end." Spider Mare said firmly, and fired off a stream of webbing that shut The Green Griffon's beak "As they say, silence is golden. But just so you don't try anything, I think I'll take those bombs of yours. You won't be needing them where you're going." After doing just that, and making sure that The Green Griffon couldn't escape, Spider Mare climbed down from the tower.

"Is it finished?" Mrs. Cake asked once Spider Mare was on solid ground again.

"Yes, and this time it's for the last time." Spider Mare said happily.

"Good." Mrs. Cake said "I can't thank you enough for what you did."

"Like I said before I'm just doing my job." Spider Mare replied.

"Well, I'm still grateful regardless of how you view it." Mrs. Cake said, then she noticed something "Your mask, it looks torn. I can see bits of pink fur poking out. But that would mean"

"I guess there's no point in trying to hide it from you. You were bound to figure it out sooner or later." Spider Mare said, and pulled off her mask. Just as Mrs. Cake had suspected, a familiar face greeted her.

"Pinkie Pie?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"Surprise." Pinkie Pie said happily.

"You've been Spider Mare all along, haven't you?" Mrs. Cake asked, even though she was sure she aleady knew the answer.

"Yes, I'm kind of surprised you didn't seem to notice that Spider Mare and I were never in the same place at the same time." Pinkie Pie said "I guess I was just that good at hiding it."

"Sure looks that way." Mrs. Cake said "And don't worry, your secret is safe with me. I won't tell anypony, not even my husband."

Pinkie Pie shook her head "Thanks but no thanks Mrs. Cake. The time has come for this little secret to be revealed. I can't keep everyone in the dark forever."

"Are you sure you want to do that Pinkie Pie?" Mrs. Cake asked, as the two of them left The Manehattan Bridge.

"Of course I'm sure." Pinkie Pie said, putting her mask back on "But for, let's get you home. Thank you for flying Air Spider, please keep your hooves inside the ride at all times." And with that Spider Mare and Mrs. Cake set off for home.

Author's Note:

And so, we come to the winding down phase of this arc. Only one more chapter left to go.

Also, Commander Silver Bolt comes from my fanfic "My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition" and Josh Hooves is my O.C., who debuted in "A Day in The Life of Josh Hooves". This is only his second appearance.