• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 3,201 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare - SuperPinkBrony12



Pinkie Pie becomes a web slinging superhero dedicated to fighting crime. See how it all began, and how some of her greatest foes came to be.

  • ...
4
 44
 3,201

The Green Griffon: Part 3 (Aftermath)

The Green Griffon was captured, tried, and sent to jail. Plans were quickly made by a reluctant Princess Celestia to have the supervillan deported back to The Griffon Empire. As she put it "The Green Griffon has caused enough damage. Equestria cannot handle her unchecked agression."

But that news took a back seat in Ponyville to the news of Pokey Pierce's tragic, and untimely, death. The cause of death had been easily identified, a fatal fall from atop the Manehattan Bridge.

Ponyville wasn't a completely backwoods town by any stretch, but it was still a quaint little town where everyone knew each other. So Pokey Pierce's death brought great sadness to everyone, even those who only knew him as an ocassional passbyer.

It was all the more tragic that only recently he and Pinkie Pie had been all but assured to tie the knot and get married. Even couples like The Cakes and Cranky and Mitilda were heard to say that they had never seen such heartbreak in all their years, and they had plenty of experience with young love gone wrong. Heck, Granny Smith herself said that, if given the choice, she would've rather finally kicked the bucket rather then deal with such heartbreaking news. It just wasn't fair.

But no one took Pokey Pierce's death harder than Pinkie Pie, for reasons that no one knew.

Night after night Pokey Pierce's terrified screams plauged Pinkie's nightmares, and on several nights she woke up in a cold sweat from shock. Even Princess Luna was unable to help her.

Everyone was surprised when Pinkie Pie was actually able to attend Pokey Pierce's funeral, and even then she looked like she was barely holding herself together. Her mane and tail remained completely flat, devoid of their usual poofyness. And her coat now looked much darker, and much less cheerful. A few of Pinkie's friends knew what this meant, her closest could even remember the last time they had seen it, and that had been years ago.

As the days dragged on most of Ponyville managed to cope and move on. But Pinkie Pie remained a complete emotional wreck. She no longer had any interest in throwing parties, the usual bounce in her step seemed to disappear. She even stopped eating sugary treats, heck she almost stopped eating all together. All the while, whenever anyone tried to reach out to her she would simply say "It's my fault. Go away before you die too!"

Pinkie's closest friends soon decided that something must be done. But none knew what that was something was, and despite everything they tried nothing seemed to work. They were starting to get desperate. They feared that if they didn't do something soon it might be too late.

While all that was going on, a stallion that Pinkie Pie had met only twice before got the feeling that something was wrong with the pony he admired most. He hadn't seen her since The Equestria Games, but she had seemed so happy with her life. Something awful must've happened, but he didn't know what that something was. Sure enough however, his suspicions were proven true, thanks to his 'Cheesie Sense'. "I don't know what's happened to you Pinkie Pie." he said as he set off for Ponyville "But if it's the last thing I do, I'm going to see to it that you smile once again."

About two weeks had passed since the death of Pokey Pierce, and things were no better then they had been since the news had first spread. Pinkie Pie remained depressed, and was starting to lose weight. Her friends were worried, and were starting to consider dragging her into thearpy. Even if she didn't want to go, and they had to drag her kicking and screaming.

"What are we gonna do?" Twilight asked "We've tried everything and Pinkie Pie still won't snap out of it."

"I don't know, but I do know that we can't just sit here and let this continue!" Rarity said firmly "Pinkie Pie needs our help, and we are NOT leaving her side until she is better!"

"Even if we have to force her into thearpy?" Rainbow Dash asked, afraid of such a thing being the only remaining option.

"If it comes down to it then yes." Applejack replied "This can't go on!"

"We just need to give her a little more time." Fluttershy suggested "Maybe if we try a little harder we can get through to her."

Rainbow Dash sighed. She knew Fluttershy was simply trying to look out for Pinkie Pie, and that even she was aware of how bad things looked. Even so, Fluttershy's suggestion did not seem likely to get them anywhere. "We've been trying for the past two weeks Fluttershy." Rainbow Dash said "Just bideing our time until Pinkie Pie decides to open up isn't going to help us. If we just continue to wait, by the time we decide to act it will be too late!"

"Do you really think Pinkie Pie would approve of this if she were here and once of us were going through something similar?" Fluttershy asked sternly.

"Maybe, maybe not." Rarity replied "But you can't deny that at times like these we have no choice. Desperate times call for desperate measures."

"Rarity's right Fluttershy." Applejack chimed in "The time has come for Pinkie Pie to pony up and face her problems head on!"

"I just wish it didn't have to come to this." Twilight said reluctantly "I can only hope Pinkie Pie will find it in her heart to eventually forgive us for this."

"So, we're really going to do this?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes. I'm afraid so." Twilight said.

"Not so fast!" a familiar voice called out. Everyone turned to the door of Sugarcube Corner. There, standing against the doorway, with a familiar hat drapped across his face, and a party blower in his mouth, was Cheese Sandwich. The Traveling Super Duper Party Pony, the pony who Pinkie Pie had inspired back when she first moved to Ponyville.

"Cheese Sandwich?" Pinkie's friends gasped.

"The one and only." Cheese Sandwich replied happily, before quickly regaining his composure "My 'Cheesie Sense' told me I needed to be here. I can sense that something has happened to Pinkie Pie, and that she needs my help."

Twilight was the first to break the silence "We could certainly use all the help we can get." she said "Ever since Pokey Pierce's death Pinkie Pie hasn't been the same."

"I know, my 'Chessie Sense' has kept me well informed." Cheese Sandwich stated "I could sense when Pinkie Pie was falling in love, and I could sense when things went wrong. But it was recently that it helped me sense that the time has come for me to help Pinkie move on."

"But what are you gonna do that we haven't already tried?" Rainbow Dash asked "Maybe it's just me, but it feels like we've tried every trick in the book. Nothing worked."

"Even if that's the case I'll be darned if I let Pinkie Pie carry on like this." Cheese Sandwich said firmly "Even if I fail at the very least I'll know I can't say I didn't try."

"You sure are determined." Applejack commented.

"Pinkie Pie is my idol and my inspiration, I'll do anything to make her smile again." Cheese Sandwich replied.

"Are you really sure you want to do this?" Fluttershy asked "I don't think you've ever seen Pinkie Pie like this. What if she hurts you or something?"

"I know Pinkie enough to know she'd never hurt a friend like me." Cheese Sandwich said "No matter what state she's in I know she'll be glad to see me."

"And what if she's not? What then?" Rarity asked.

"I don't care what lays waiting for me, or how hard it will be." Cheese Sandwich bravely proclaimed "I know that Pinkie Pie needs me, and no matter how hard it might seem I'm going to do everything I can think of to cheer her up."

"Well then, I guess we should let you have a crack at her." Twilight said "She's upstairs in her room, she hasn't really come out of it except to eat something light, or use the bathroom. Best of luck, we're all behind you."

"Thanks for your support girls." Cheese Sandwich said "Now, it's time for me to do what I do best, make ponies smile. Just like the Pinkie Pie I know and love." And with that he headed up to Pinkie Pie's room in the loft above Sugarcube Corner.

Unlike the last time she had been so depressed Pinkie Pie did not have any of her "imaginery friends" out and about. She was content to just sit there alone in her room, alongside Gummy, and just sob to herself. Gummy responded to the sight of his master with his usual blank look, but Pinkie Pie was confident he knew how she felt. "It's all my fault." she said to herself "If only I hadn't been so afraid."

Her depressing thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a knock on the door. "Who is it?" she asked, not really interested in knowing the answer.

"It's me, Cheese Sandwich." Cheese Sandwich replied "Please let me, I want to talk to you."

"Go away!" Pinkie Pie shouted "I don't want to talk to you or anyone else! I just want to be alone!"

"Pinkie please, I can help you. Just give me a chance." Cheese Sandwich pleaded.

"You wouldn't understand my case, no one does!" Pinkie Pie said in between sobs "It's all my fault!"

"Pinkie, I know you're upset about Pokey Pierce's death but this isn't the way to deal with it." Cheese Sandwich said "You can't keep going on like this."

"You can't tell me what to do! If you're here to lecture me then you can just go!" Pinkie Pie said furiously.

Cheese Sandwich sighed, he really didn't want to bring this up, but he had no choice. "Pinkie, this is serious, Your friends are actually considering dragging you to a thearpist. They sent me as their last resort to make you sense." he explained "If you dont talk to me they'll come back up and take you away. Don't you think it's better to talk to someone who knows you rather then someone who's getting paid to listen to you?"

Pinkie Pie hated to admit it, but Cheese Sandwich made a good point. Reluctantly, she opened the door and let him come inside.

Now Chesse Sandwich could see just how bad things were. He had never seen Pinkie Pie look so bleak and so void of life. Things were even worse then he had ever imagined. But he was determined not to give up without a fight. Pinkie Pie was not going to be dragged away kicking and screaming if he could help it.

"Talk! I know that's why you came here!" Pinkie Pie said stubbornly "And make it quick, you have five seconds!"

"I know Pokey Pierce is dead, and that you think it's your fault" Cheese Sandwich said "But you can't keep going on like this. It's not the right thing to do."

"I don't recall asking for your opinion!" Pinkie Pie said crossly.

"Hey, I'm trying to help you!" Cheese Sandwich shouted.

"And I said I don't need your help! I just want to be left alone!" Pinkie Pie said, and sobbed even more.

Cheese Sandwich sighed "Look, I'm not going to pretend I know what you're thinking or anything like that. I don't know why you might think you're to blame for Pokey Pierce's death, but I do know that if Pokey Pierce were still alive he wouldn't want to see you like this."

"But he's not alive, he's dead. And it's all because of me." Pinkie Pie sobbed.

"Oh Pinkie, why do you have to be so stubborn?" Cheese Sandwich thought.

"And the worst part is, this isn't the first time I've failed to protect someone I cared about." Pinkie Pie continued, still sobbing "I let my Uncle Al die as well."

"Your Uncle Al?" Cheese Sandwich asked "You never told me about him."

"Only The Cakes and Aunt Suzanne knew who he was." Pinkie Pie explained "He died while I was still in high school. He was my favorite uncle."

"What was he like?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"You would've liked him." Pinkie Pie said, a faint smile appearing on her face "He was part of what inspired me to become the party pony that everyone now knows me as. He always seemed to have a smile on his face no matter what."

"He sounds almost like me, only a bit more normal." Cheese Sandwich said.

"That's one way of putting it." Pinkie Pie said, her eyes finally began to dry up a little "But most of all, he always said that 'With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.', and he lived by those words til the day he died."

"I see." Cheese Sandwich said, hoping that this was a sign that Pinkie Pie was starting to improve. It wasn't.

"But he wouldn't be dead if I had been there to protect him!" Pinkie Pie said suddenly, crying even more "Just like Pokey Pierce, when he needed me most I failed him! I had the chance to save him, but I wasn't thinking straight, and he payed the price. I never thought I'd repeat my greatest failure for a second time, but apparently I can surprise even myself."

"Just great, and here I thought I was getting somewhere." Cheese Sandwich thought as Pinkie Pie broke down in front of him.

"Do you see now? Do you see why I'm so upset about Pokey Pierce's death?" Pinkie Pie asked "It's all my fault, and it always will be until the end of time. There's nothing I can do to fix it. So why should I be happy? Why should I smile, when I know that the reason why Pokey Pierce's cousins will have to grow up without him by their side, is because I wasn't there for him when he needed me most?"

"Geez, I didn't think she was taking it THIS hard." Cheese Sandwich thought to himself "There's gotta be a way to make her happy again. There's just gotta be!"

"Face it Cheese, I'm beyond hope. I'm nothing but a sorry sight." Pinkie Pie said sadly "Don't waste your time talking to me and trying to get close. You;ll only end hurting yourself, or worse, and it will be all my fault."

"This has gone far enough Pinkie Pie!" Cheese Sandwich suddenly snapped "I don't want to hear anymore of this negative downer stuff!"

"But it's the trurth." Pinkie Pie sobbed.

"Perhaps some of it." Cheese Sandwich said "But not all of it. I know that and I know you know it too. Heck, everyone knows it."

"You're just trying to make me feel better." Pinkie Pie said sadly "It won't work."

"You want to know what Pinkie? Right now, you're making me unhappy just by being the way you are! I want the old, happy, bouncy Pinkie back, and so does everyone else." Cheese Sandwich said firmly "Where's the pony who taught me how to smile? Who showed me that pride should never come at the expense making someone unhappy? The pony who I gave my most treasured posession to? Where's that pony? I know she's here somewhere! And I will not rest til I have brought her back!"

"She's gone! Why can't you realize that?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Because I know that's not true." Cheese Sandwich said "Even when I unintentionally stole your spotlight you didn't just give up and sulk to yourself. I don't see why this time should be any different."

"It's different because I let somepony I cared about die!" Pinkie Pie sobbed.

"But it's in the past, and you can't change it." Cheese Sandwich said "Look, I know there's nothing I can say or do that will convince you that Pokey Pierce's death isn't your fault"

"Glad to see you're finally wising up and seeing the reality of the situation." Pinkie Pie said.

"But I do know that no matter what might have happened, the time has come for you to move on." Cheese Sandwich said "I know that's going to be hard to do. But I know you can do it."

"Why?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Because I'll be there to support you every step of the way." Cheese Sandwich assured her.

"Really? You'd do that for me?" Pinkie Pie asked, her crying finally ceasing.

"Of course. You're a good friend Pinkie. The best I've ever known." Cheese Sandwich said happily "Nothing makes me happier then seeing you happy. And right now, I'm not happy because you're not happy. You haven't smiled, thrown a party, or done anything that shows me you're still your usual self. I know you've been through a lot, but you can't keep carrying on like this. Just look at what you're doing to yourself!"

Pinkie Pie finally took notice of what her excessive grieving had done to her body. "I guess I have gone a bit overboard." she admitted "But I'm scared, I don't want to just forget about Pokey Pierce."

"You won't Pinkie." Cheese Sandwich reassured her "No one says you have to. But when you do remember Pokey Pierce, try to remember the good times you spent with him. I've learned that, in life, it's usually best to remember the good, and forget the bad. It also helps to learn from your past instead of running from it. I know it may hurt now, but in time things will get better."

"You're right Cheese Sandwich." Pinkie Pie said "How could I have ever been so foolish?"

"It's alright Pinkie, no one's perfect. We've all made mistakes." Cheese Sandwich said kindly "What matters most is how we learn from them."

"I see." Pinkie Pie said, her mood brightening a bit, along with her coat. Her mane and tail returned to their usual poofy state.

Cheese Sandwich was pleased "Now that's the Pinkie Pie I'm happy to see." he said with a smile.

"Yup, I'm back. And it's all thanks to you!" Pinkie Pie said happily, and hugged Cheese Sandwich tightly.

"Think nothing of it Pinkie Pie." Cheese Sandwich said kindly.

"I don't know why you bothered after I was so stubborn." Pinkie Pie said, as she and Cheese Sandwich made their way downstairs.

"You know what they say, a friend in need is a friend in deed." Cheese Sandwich said with a smile "And what kind of a friend would I be if I had turned my back on you when you needed me most?"

"A really lousy one." Pinkie Pie replied "I'm glad you came. You truly are a one of a kind friend. And to think it all started with that party I threw when I first moved here."

"I know, who would've guessed?" Cheese Sandwich said, and he and Pinkie Pie chuckled a bit.

"So, how did it go?" Twilight asked when Cheese Sandwich came into view.

"Did you get through to her?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Oh I hope she's feeling better." Fluttershy said.

"I second that, I really don't want to have to join the others and resort to desperate meassure." Rarity said.

"Don't just stand there, tell us!" Applejack demanded.

"How bout I let 'her' tell you instead?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"Wait, you mean" Twilight asked.

"I do." Cheese Sandwich interrupted "I present to you now, the Pinkie Pie that we all know and love!"

"Hello everypony I'm back!" Pinkie Pie said, and cheerfully bounced into view.

"I must be dreaming. Is it really you?" Rainobw Dash asked.

"Yup, the one and only." Pinkie Pie replied happily "Sorry I made you girls worry so much about me."

"That's putting it lightly." Applejack said "No offense."

"None taken." Pinkie Pie replied.

"You're not mad at us are you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Of course not, you're the best friends a pony could ask for. Why would I be mad?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Well, we were going to resort to, shall we say 'drastic measures' in order to get you to snap out of your depression." Rarity confessed "Luckly Cheese Sandwich decided we should at least let him have a crack at you first."

"I don't blame you girls for that." Pinkie Pie said "You were only doing what you thought was right. If the roles were revesered I'm pretty sure I'd do the same, reluctantly."

"Let's hope that day never comes." Rainbow Dash said.

"I second that emotion!" Twilight said.

"As do I." Applejack chimed in.

"Me too." Fluttershy said.

"Same here." Rarity commented.

"Don't forget about me." Cheese Sandwich said.

"Then I guess that makes seven of us." Pinkie Pie said happily, and embraced all of her friends (including Cheese Sandwich) in a hug.

"Well, now that Pinkie Pie is back to normal you girls obviously know what this calls for, don't you?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"I'm pretty sure I do." Rainbow Dash said "But go ahead and tell us anyway."

"A party!" Cheese Sandwich shouted "But not just any party. A party to celebrate that Pinkie Pie is up and kicking once again!"

"It's like you can read my mind Cheese Sandwich." Pinkie Pie said cheerfully "And I can think of no one better than you to plan and throw it."

"Aw shucks Pinkie, you flatter me." Cheese Sandwich said, blushing slightly "But I'm glad you think so highly of me. I 'Pinkie Promise' that I won't let you down. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my ey-ow!" As was usually the case the first time anyone tried to do a 'Pinkie Promise' Cheese Sandwich poked himself in the eye. Everyone laughed.

Little did anyone that all was not well. For you see, The Green Griffon wasn't down and out just yet. Oh no, she was still determined to make Pinkie Pie pay. As far as she was concerned Pinkie Pie was mearly in the eye of the storm, and the eye was soon going to pass.

"You'd better sleep with one eye open Pinkie Pie." The Green Griffon muttered to hersef in her Manehattan prison cell "Because revenge is sweet."

Author's Note:

And now we have Cheese Sandwich, who, for this fic, is playing the role of Marry Jane. In the sequel, he will play Venom.