• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 3,201 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare - SuperPinkBrony12



Pinkie Pie becomes a web slinging superhero dedicated to fighting crime. See how it all began, and how some of her greatest foes came to be.

  • ...
4
 44
 3,201

The Green Griffon: Part 2 (Bridge To Trouble)

Luckly for Pinkie Pie Pokey Pierce was very laid back and easy going, and he quickly forgave her for her abrupt exit. Even if she had unintentionally bailed on him at the worst possible moment.

Three weeks passed and life seemed to go back to normal. Dr. Caballeron was found, hospitalized, and eventually he recovered enough to take back control of his company. Fearing another Green Griffon incident he moved his company away from chemicals, and into the world of defense and military power.

As for Pinkie Pie, she and Pokey Pierce finally decided to take the next step in their relationship, and agreed to go steady. If everything worked out and they stayed together for a month, they promised that they would be married. The happy news warmed the hearts of everyone who heard it, even couples like The Cakes, and Cranky and Mitilda who already had plenty of experience with young love.

All of Pinkie's friends grew fond of Pokey Pierce, and were heard to say that Pinkie Pie couldn't have picked a better stallion to fall in love with. Even Pinkie's family, including her usually stotic sister Maud, started singing his praises. The two lovebirds couldn't have been happier if they tried.

No one would've believed you if you had told them that this happy relationship was going to end in tragedy. Even some of the more pesimistic residents of Ponyville felt that the relationship had nowhere to go but up.

But fate can work in mysterious and unusual ways. Ways that at first glance can seem very cruel, and even unkind. And such would be the case of this incredibly happy love story.

As much as you might like to believe it's not true, I must sadly inform you that things are about to take a turn for the worse for Pinkie Pie.

As you all know, Gilda a.k.a The Green Griffon, was not dead. Despite what Pinkie Pie, or anyone else may have thought. And, having discovered that Pinkie Pie was the secret identity of Spider Mare, she was absolutely furious. She vowed, that if it was the last thing she did, she would see to it that Pinkie Pie would pay for ruining her life. Not just once, but twice!

Now looking much worse for the wear after he near death experience, The Green Griffon started to make a plan. Behind the scenes she was the one running actually Caballe Corp, and thus she was the one who orchestrated the move from chemicals to defense and military. Specifically weapons.

Threatening to kill him if he did not comply, The Green Griffon forced Dr. Caballeron to design all sorts of new equippment for her to use as she pleased. Chief among these were a self propelled glider (despite the fact that her wings still worked incredibly well), bombs that were small enough to be stored in a pouch or pocket while still being strong enough to level a building, and canisters of sleeping gas to subdue anyone who got in her way. All the while The Green Griffon made sure that this information remained unknown, using fake projects, and customers, to fool the public. Dr. Caballeron could only watch as the villan he had unintentionally created drove his company into the ground. She also spent time learning everything there was to know about Pinkie Pie, her sworn enemy.

Meanwhile, the month ticked by, and Pinkie Pie and Pokey Pierce's love stayed as strong as ever. They began to make plans for their upcoming wedding when the month was over. Said plans would never be finalized.

At last The Green Griffon was certain she had everything she needed to get her revenge on Pinkie Pie, and set off for Ponyville. Leaving Dr. Caballeron to pick up the pieces of what remained of his company.

Celestia's sun shined brightly on the town of Ponyville as Pinkie Pie bounced happily along, humming a little tune. She was going to meet Pokey Pierce to discuss where to hold the wedding. Sure, there was still about a week left for them to call it off, but that didn't seem likely. They had already agreed that the cake would come from Sugarcube Corner, and the outfits from Carousel Boutique. They had even already planned the roles of everyone. After some convicing, Maud was given the role of best mare. And just like at the wedding of Shining Armor and Cadence, Spike would deliver the rings.

"I'm lucky to be marrying a stallion like Pokey Pierce." Pinkie Pie thought happily to herself as she trotted through the center of town "He's such a gentlecolt, a one of a kind."

All of a sudden her 'Pinkie Sense' started acting up again. And that meant trouble. Pinkie Pie knew that her 'Pinkie Sense' was never wrong, as much as she wished that for once that WASN'T true. "Whoever's behind this is gonna be sorry." Pinkie Pie thought to herself, as she rushed back to Sugarcube Corner to retrieve her costume. "Spider Mare will see to that!"

"Ah Ponyville, been a long time since I've been here." The Green Griffon commented to herself "This place has certainly changed since I last saw it. But it's still the same old stinky town that it was when I left. Oh well, perhaps a few of my homemade 'bombs' will spruce things up! Time to paint this town red!" True to her word she pulled out a few small bombs from the utility belt she had added to her costume.

Before she could drop them however, the bombs were snatched out of her talons by Spider Mare. Who threw them up into the sky, where they harmlessly detonated. A few ponies were surprised at a sudden explosion and a subsequent "boom!", but thought nothing of it. More than likely it was just some random pegasus screwing around with something. Spider Mare then proceeded to hit the self propelled glider with a ball of her webbing. This caused The Green Griffon to lose her balance, and fall. She ended up landing on an umbrella above at table at a small outdoor restaurant. Said umbrella quickly gave way underneath her and she fell to the ground.

"Okay pal, you listen here!" Spider Mare scolded "There are certain things I don't just forgive and forget. And trying to drop bombs willy nilly is one of them. Especially when, in the mind of punks like you it's 'urban renovations'. And further more-" But at that moment Spider Mare got a good look at who had caused the disturbance. She was completly shocked. "It can't be!" she said outloud "I thought you were"

"Dead?" The Green Griffon finished "Well, you thought wrong. I'm not dead, but you soon will be! You're going to pay for ruining my life, Spider Mare! Or should I say Pinkie Pie?"

"Pinkie Pie? I don't even know who that is. Y-you must have me confused with someone else. I've never met a Pinkie Pie before. Never in my entire life. Who is Pinkie Pie? Is she a nice mare?" Spider Mare asked.

"You can't fool me!" The Green Griffon said angrily "I know your secret identity. And as much as you may deny it I know it's true. You shouldn't have taken off your mask."

"What do you want from me? What did I ever do to you in the first place?!" Spider Mare asked.

"I told you, you ruined my life!" The Green Griffon shouted "Just look at me! Look at what you did!"

"You can't blame me for that!" Spider Mare said crossly "I have no idea how that happened to you!"

"You know all too well Pinkie Pie!" The Green Griffon hissed "Or does the name Gilda, not ring any bells?"

"Gilda? What does she have to do with any of this?" Spider Mare asked.

"You idiot! Haven't you figured it out yet?! Gilda and The Green Griffon are one and the same!" The Green Griffon explained.

"That can't be! Is this some kind of joke? Cause it's not funny!" Spider Mare said sternly.

"Oh you'd better believe it lame-o! There, tell me if that doesn't sound familiar!" The Green Griffon said furiously "It was bad enough when you convinced Rainbow Dash, my only friend in the world, to betray me! But thanks to you I almost got deported back to the Griffon Empire, after I vowed never to return that rotten piece of filth that dares to call itself an empire! And now, now you've turned me into this freak!"

"Look Gilda, I'm sorry for what happened to you. But Rainbow Dash wasn't the one who dumped you!" Spider Mare said, punching The Green Griffon in the face "Think, think back to that day, and remember. You lost your temper, and snapped at me for setting up the pranks. And in that moment, everyone saw you for what you really were. Rainbow Dash gave you a chance to redeem yourself, but you just yelled at her and flew off! Or have you forgotten that?!"

"I'm sorry." The Green Griffon said, striking Spider Mare "But Gilda no longer exists! The moment that accident at Caballe Corp occurred Gilda was destroyed! And in her place, I was created!"

"Liar!" Spider Mare shouted, and punched The Green Griffon again "I don't believe you! And in any case, that doesn't excuse what you're trying to do!"

"Oh really?!" The Green Griffon asked "Because after everything you did to me I'd say this is more than justified. Fair's fair I'm afraid!"

"Well, I'm here now! And no matter what you say or do I won't let you get away with your evil plans!" Spider Mare boldly proclaimed "I will see to it that you're defeated and sent to prison where you belong! You will not destroy this town! Not on my watch!"

"So, think you have an actual chance against me this time?" The Green Griffon taunted.

"Oh I don't think so, I know so!" Spider Mare proclaimed "Don't believe me?! Just try and stop me! You won't succeed! My 'Spider Sense' will see to that!"

"We'll just see about that!" The Green Griffon said, flying back up to her glider.

"Oh no you don't! You're not getting away that easy!" Spider Mare shouted, and with a quick relay of webs propelled herself upward. Then, she fired a string of webbing at The Green Griffon's Glider, and held on for dear life as The Green Griffon tried, to no avail, to shake her off.

"You're really starting to tick me off Spider Mare!" The Green Griffon warned "And believe me, when I get ticked off, bad things happen to everyone around me! Including you!"

"I'm only gonna say this once!" Spider Mare shouted, leaping up onto the glider from her webbing "Surrender, and come with me peacefully. Or suffer the consequences of your continued anger and agression!"

"I will never surrender! Especially not to the likes of you!" The Green Griffon shouted, and attempted to punch Spider Mare. Spider Mare blocked the punch, and proceeded to tussle with The Green Griffon.

"Give it up, now!" Spider Mare said sternly.

"Never! You will pay!" The Green Griffon replied. The two traded back and forth insults as they both tried to overpower one another. Eventually however, Spider Mare snuck in a kick that caused The Green Griffon to wobble. This caused her glider to do the same, and Spider Mare barely had time to leap off it before it crashed. Throwing its owner off it, and onto the ground. The Green Griffon was a bit dazed, but otherwised unharmed.

"You're quite persistent Spider Mare, I'll give you that." The Green Griffon said, dusting herself off.

"That's right. So why don't you just give up and turn yourself in?" Spider Mare asked "It would save us both a lot of trouble."

"I think not!" The Green Griffon snapped, placing herself back on her glider, before taking off again.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?! I'm not done with you yet!" Spider Mare shouted, chasing after The Green Griffon with her webbing.

"It seems, that no matter how hard I try, I cannot break you in a contest of strength," The Green Griffon replied "However, I'm willing to bet I know a way to break you emotionally. And I have the perfect idea in mind to prove it."

"What are you talking abo-" Spider Mare said, but stopped in mid sentence, An awful thought struck her "No! You couldn't possibly mean-"

"I do!" The Green Griffon said, cackling with fiendish delight "Let's see how tough you are when the love of your life is snatched right from your hooves!" And with that, The Green Griffon sped away.

Spider Mare chased after her as fast as her webbing would let her. She knew who The Green Griffon was going to target next. None other than Pokey Pierce, her coltfriend who was still unaware of her secret identity. "If The Green Griffon lays so much as one feather on him I'll make her wish she was never born!" Spider Mare thought to herself.

Pokey Pierce was waiting at the bridge to Ponyville Park, Pinkie Pie had promised to meet him there to discuss plans for their upcoming wedding. But about ten minutes had passed since the designated time when Pinkie Pie was suppose to show up. What was going on? Did she suddenly get cold hooves and decide to call it all off? No, she wouldn't do that, not at this point. Had she been delayed helping someone in need? Could The Cakes have needed her to help fill an emergency order? Had she gotten sick?

Just as he was about to leave and head home Pokey Pierce heard a sound in the distance. It didn't sound like anything he had ever heard before in his life. What could it possibly be?

Spider Mare gasped as she approached Ponyville Park, The Green Griffon was already there! "No! I can't be too late!" she shouted, as she tried desperately to catch up to The Green Griffon.

Pokey Pierce was completely surprised by the figure that appeared before him. It looked like something straight out of a comic book. In fact, if he didn't know any better, Pokey Pierce would've thought that the figure starring down at him from above had actually emerged from a comic book.

"You are Pokey Pierce, correct?" the figure asked.

"How do you know my name?" Pokey Pierce asked.

"That's not important." the figure replied "You're just the pony I was looking for! You're coming with me!"

"I'm not going anywhere!" Pokey Pierce protested "I'm still waiting for Pinkie Pie to show up!"

"So, she hasn't told you yet?" the figure asked.

"What are you talking about?" Pokey Pierce asked.

"Nothing that need concern you!" the figure said, digging into her belt, and throwing down some sort of pellet. A cloud of green smoke suddenly filled the air. Pokey Pierce choked and sputtered as the smoke overwhelmed him. He soon collapsed to the ground. The figure swooped down, and snatched him up.

"I've gotta make it! I've gotta make it! I've gotta" Spider Mare panted. She stopped mid sentence when she saw what The Green Griffon held in her talons. She was too late.

"That's right Spider Mare!" The Green Griffon shouted with triumph "I now hold that which you value more than anything else in the world of Equestria."

"Put him down Gilda! He's done nothing to you to deserve this! It's me you want!" Spider Mare pleaded.

"On the contrary Spider Mare" The Green Griffon hissed "He just so happens to be in love with you. And that alone means he'll believe any of your lies. In my book that makes him every bit my enemy, just like you."

"Please! I'll do anything, just put him down!" Spider Mare pleaded.

"Sorry! No can do." The Green Griffon said with fake sympathy, and took off on her glider. Still holding Pokey Pierce firmly in her talons.

"Hey! Come back here! Don't you dare run away from me!" Spider Mare shouted, chasing after The Green Griffon once more.

"I'm not running away! I'm mearly leaving this dump for a more suitable location. I've got something big planned for this stallion who dares to call himself your coltfriend." The Green Griffon explained.

And she was right. Spider Mare pursued The Green Griffon from Ponyville Park to the outskirts of Ponyville itself. From there, The Green Griffon hovered over the train tracks leading to Manehattan. Spider Mare wasn't far behind. She kept trying to reason with The Green Griffon, but to no avail. All the while, Pokey Pierce remained firmly in The Green Griffon's talons.

Spider Mare had no idea what was going to happen to him. Whatever it was, she was certain it was bad. Unfortunately she had no idea how bad it would turn out to be.

Finally, after what felt like several hours, The Green Griffon stopped. As Spider Mare drew close however, The Green Griffon flew upward, all the way to the top of the Manehattan Bridge.

Spider Mare had no time to catch her breath. She had a very bad feeling about why The Green Griffon had chosen to stop here.

"Time for a little 'science experiment'." The Green Griffon said "I'm curious Spider Mare, do you suppose it's possible for earth ponies and unicorns to fly? I don't see any wings on this test subject, but there's only one way to know for sure."

"NO! Gilda please, I beg you! DON'T DO IT!" Spider Mare shouted.

"There is no 'Gilda' anymore Spider Mare! There is only THE GREEN GRIFFON!" The Green Griffon shouted, and let go of Pokey Pierce.

Without even thinking Spider Mare shot a single stream of webbing, and caught Pokey Pierce in mid flight. "I've got him!" she said to herself "Now to just pull him in and"

But the rest of her sentence was cut off, for at that moment, faith struck a cruel and unfortunate blow. There was a loud "SNAP!", and the noise echoed everywhere. Spider Mare was horrified to see that her webbing had been broken in two by the weight of Pokey Pierce.

Frozen in fear, Spider Mare could only watch as Pokey Pierce plunged off of the bridge and into the water below. His screams would haunt Pinkie Pie's nightmares for weeks.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Spider Mare shouted, and jumped into the water. Meanwhile The Green Griffon smirked with triumph.

Spider Mare quickly found Pokey Pierce floating in the raging current, and used every ounce of strength that she could to bring him to dry land. Pokey Pierce was not breathing, but Spider Mare refused to believe that he was dead. She removed part of her mask, and began to give Pokey Pierce mouth to mouth resuscitation. "Come on! Come on!" she shouted, trying desperately to revive him. "Live! Live! Please!" There was no reply. Spider Mare lost it, and started shouting wildly "Come on Pokey, you can't leave me! Not like this! Pokey Pierce, say something, anything! POOOOOOOOKKKKEEEEEEEEY PIEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRCCCCCCE!"

There was no denying it any longer. Pokey Pierce was dead. Spider Mare was completely heartbroken.

"Well, looks like my little experiment was a bust." The Green Griffon said "Almost breaks my heart, if I had one anyway. In fact, if I had tears left to shed it would certainly move me. Alas, I am beyond emotions."

At that moment the feeling of sadness faded from Spider Mare, and was replaced with the same emotion she had felt upon learning of Uncle Al's death all those years ago. Pure rage! And she knew who it was directed at. The Green Griffon, who was about to learn the hard way just how furious a heartbroken mare could be.

The Green Griffon was taken by complete surprise when Spider Mare suddenly flew up, using her webbing, and knocked The Green Griffon off of her glider. Stranding her on top of one of the Manehattan Bridge's towers. "What the?!" The Green Griffon asked, only to be silenced by a hoof punch to the face.

"You! You monster! You killed the stallion I loved so dearly!" Spider Mare said furiously, punching away at The Green Griffon as she did so.

"Oh yeah? Well now you know how I feel!" The Green Griffon hissed "Now you know that life isn't fair!"

"SHUT UP!" Spider Mare yelled, and punched The Green Griffon in the face yet again.

The Green Griffon was unable to defend herself, as the punches kept on coming one after another. Before long she was completely bruised and battered, and was on the brink of being beaten senseless.

"Any last words Green Griffon?!" Spider Mare asked, preparing to deliver the final blow.

"You think I'm going to change my views just because of this?" The Green Griffon asked "Fat chance! Pokey Pierce got what he deserved for being in love with you! You should've told him your secret when you had the chance. Maybe then he'd still be alive!"

"That's it! You just keep smiling while you still can Green Griffon!" Spider Mare said furiously, and raised her hoof. She brought it down hard and then....suddenly she stopped. She could see the look of terror frozen on the face of a completely helpless Green Griffon, who looked lucky to still be alive. It was almost the exact same look that had been frozen on Pokey Pierce's face before his untimely death just mere moments ago.

"What are you waiting for?" The Green Griffon asked "Finish the job! I'm wide open! You know you wanna do it!"

"No." Spider Mare said, loweing her hoof "Revenge is not the answer. It won't solve anything, or even make me feel better. The only thing it will do is cause me to stoop to your level. And that is something that I can never do no matter what. When I became Spider Mare, I vowed only to use my powers to help others. Never to further my own goals or agenda. And I have no intention of going back on that vow now. Even for scum like you."

"Hmph. So, you have a heart." The Green Griffon said, breathing heavily "Well, good for you. That'll just make even better when I completely crush you like a bug!" The Green Griffon proceeded to laugh, only to be silenced by a net of webbing that suddenly found itself stuck to her face.

"That should shut you up!" Spider Mare said, a hint of anger in her voice. Suddenly, she heard the sound of sirens. The Manehattan Police Department was on its way. The time had come for her to flee the scene.

But before she did so, Spider Mare took off her mask. Pinkie Pie poked her head out, her mane completely flat, and her coat now having a much darker tone. "Oh Pokey Pierce, I'm so sorry." she said to herself "This was all my fault. I could've saved you. First Uncle Al, then Filthy Rich's wife, and now you. Why do I have to ruin the life of everyone around me? The world would probably be safer off without the help of Spider Mare. All I ever do is cause more problems than the ones I try to fix."

Author's Note:

And so, we have the recreation of Gwen Stacy's death in the comics. With Pokey Pierce as Gwen Stacey.

But this isn't the end of The Green Griffon story arc, so tune in next time to see what happens next.