• Published 25th Feb 2014
  • 3,206 Views, 44 Comments

Pinkie Pie: The Amazing Spider Mare - SuperPinkBrony12



Pinkie Pie becomes a web slinging superhero dedicated to fighting crime. See how it all began, and how some of her greatest foes came to be.

  • ...
4
 44
 3,206

The Mane-iac Strikes Back! Part 2

When we last left our web slinging crime fighter Spider Mare, she was trying desperately to escape from the secret base of The Mane-iac, which had been set to self destruct. The Mane-iac had already fled, leaving Spider Mare strapped to a gaint table, pressed up against a wall.

Is this the end true believers? Is our friendly neighborhood Spider Mare bound for that big web in the sky? Not a chance! If we know Spider mare like we think we do, we're about to be in for a big surprise!

"Self destruct in 45 seconds." the computerized voice announced. Spider Mare meanwhile, was trying, to no avail, to break free from the restraints that held her in place. Preventing her from escaping.

"I can't break free from these restraints on my own power!" Spider Mare thought to herself "There must be a way out of this. I've just got to find it." Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, Spider Mare spotted a switch which looked like it controlled the restraints. "That's it!" Spider Mare thought to herself.

"Self destruct in 30 seconds." the computerized voice announced. Time was running out.

"Only got one shot at this!" Spider Mare thought to herself. With all her might she managed to free one of her upper hoofs just long to shoot an impact ball of webbing. The ball hit the switch, and brought it down. The restraints opened, and Spider Mare was freed.

"Self destruct in 15 seconds." the computerized voice announced.

Spider Mare had no time to pat herself on the back. She had to think of a way to escape, and fast! Looking up, Spider Mare saw a window that could be opened from the inside. It was her only chance. Shooting a string of webbing up to the ceiling, Spider Mare rose up, and swung over to the window. As she opened it up the computerized voice began to count down to zero.

"5..4..3..2..1!" the computerized voice announced.

"Oh boy!" Spider Mare said to herself "This is it!"

A powerful explosion ripped through the abandoned hideout, completly demolishing the structure. No one could've possibly survived it.

The Mane-iac had been watching from a safe distance. When she did not see Spider Mare escape at the last second, she assumed her plan had worked. "Yes!" she cheered to herself "Spider Mare is gone! She's history! She's never coming back! And it's all thanks to me! Now I can put the next part of my plan into action!" The Mane-iac took off for the Manehattan waterfront, where her true secret base lay hidden.

A few minutes later The Mane-iac was standing in front of a switch in a mysterious control room. "Phase One is complete." she said to herself "Now, to begin Phase Two!" she used her mane to flip the switch "Yes!" she cackled "It begins!" and she promptly laughed to herself.

If anyone had been watching the Manehattan water front closely they would've seen a mysterious floating object with three pairs of large vents that looked like canisters of mane care products one might find in a store. Suddenly, the vents opened up, and a mysterious orange gas began to seep into the city. Blanketing it like a fog. Those residents unfortunate enough to not be indoors, or high up, were instantly paralyzed.

"Whew. Talk about your close calls. If that was a close shave then it had some razor sharp blades." Spider Mare said to herself, as she swung out of the hideout seconds before it exploded. Luckly for her The Mane-iac didn't spot her.

But she had little time to celebrate, as the ground suddenly began to fill up with a familiar orange gas. Spider Mare quickly climbed up to the rooftop of a nearby building to escape it. When she looked down at the ground below all she could see was the orange stun gas, and from the looks of things it had managed to bring all of Manehattan to a stand still.

"No doubt who's behind this!" she said to herself. Then she looked out to the waterfront, and spotted the source of the gas. "So THIS is The Mane-iac's master plan! With the entire city stuck like this,no one will be able to stop her! Well, she's not gonna get away with it! Not if I can help it anyway, and in fact, I can!"

Fortunately for Spider Mare, The Mane-iac had still not removed the tracking web ball that Spider Mare had planted on her during their first encounter. This allowed Spider Mare to track her down. "So you're hiding out on the waterfront huh? Well, if you think you've seen the last of me, Mane-iac, I'm afraid you're all washed up! Time to pull the plug on your little crime spree once and for all!"

With the help of the tracking spell Spider Mare had no trouble reaching the waterfront. Now came the tricky part. There were a number of warehouses that dotted the Manehattan waterfront, all them had a number painted on their front door in bright red numbers. And The Mane-iac could be hiding behind any one of them.

"I don't have time to do the old 'What's behind door number 1? routine'." Spider Mare thought to herself "I'll just have to pick one. But first, let's see if the tracking device can narrow things down for me." And it did. With the help of the tracking device Spider Mare managed to narrow down her choice to Warehouse 75, and Warehouse 76. "Decisions, decisions, decisions." Spider Mare said to herself "There's only one way to decide. Eenie, meenie, minie, that one!" she said, and pointed her hoof towards the door of Warehouse 76. Hardly one to change her mind after a decision like that Spider Mare ventured inside.

If Warehouse 76 was serving as the base of some sort of comic book super villan, it certainly didn't look like it. It looked exactly like your average, everyday warehouse. "Maybe I chose wrong." Spider Mare thought to herself, as she looked around. But just as she was about to turn around and head out she spotted something. A secret passage way in the back of the warehouse, and high above the containers stacked up against the wall. That was certainly not something that a normal warehouse was suppose to have. Deciding to go with her gut feeling Spider Mare shot a string of webbing up at the ceiling, allowing her to zip line up to the top. From there she swung all the way over to the secret passage, which was strangely, wide open. Almost as if someone WANTED it to be found.

The secret passage led to a series of vents that looked old, and had tiny droplets of water leaking through them. Spider Mare wasn't impressed. "Okay Mane-iac. I like the concrete, the dripping water, very nice actually." Spider Mare said "But seriously, get with the program. No one decorates like this, especially not super villans."

Following the tracking spell Spider Mare made her way through the vents. She was quite surprised to discover a few fans at various points, as well as vents on different levels. What kind of vents were these? She didn't have long to dwell on the matter however, as she soon found herself looking at what promised to be a very long drop. But the tracker said that The Mane-iac had gone that way. "Well, only one way to find out. Here goes nothing!" Spider Mare thought to herself, and began her descent. "Geronimo!" she shouted.

With the help of her webbing Spider Mare controlled her descent so she wouldn't fall too fast or too far. Eventually, she stopped herself just above a glass door. Not far below it Spider Mare could see a floor. Using a ball of impact webbing, Spider Mare shattered the door, and dropped down. "Whew! What a rush!" she proclaimed, as her hooves touched solid ground. She quickly took in her surroundings, which looked a bit more "mechanical" to say the least. "Now this is more like it." Spider Mare said, admiring the design "Nice detail. Gumwood, I like it. You've been holding out on me."

Her admiration faded when she trotted through a set of automatic doors. "You've gotta be kidding me! This can't possibly be real!" she said to herself. "Okay, quick little recap, just in case I missed something. I'm probably a couple hundred feet or so underwater. Not sure how a trench like this could exist so far below the surface. The floors and walls are completly electrified for some other reason! And best of all, deadly laser turrets are pointed straight at me! Ohhoho, this just keeps getting better and better! For The Mane-iac that is." Spider Mare sighed "Well, as long as I have my 'Pinkie Sense' I should be able to dodge the lasers. I'll just have to be careful not to get near the walls. As long as I watch my step I should be okay."

Spider Mare was right. The laser turrets were no match for her 'Spider Sense', but they got pretty close to Spider Mare. A little too close for comfort. "Hey! Mane-iac! I know you're behind this!" Spider Mare shouted, dodging the lasers as she navagated the trench "Lasers aren't very original you know! Besides, you could put someone's eye out with those if you're not careful! So how bout you turn them off?!" The taunt didn't work.

Spider Mare thought for sure the worst was over when she made it through the trench. But upon trotting through another set of automatic doors a similar trench appeared before her. "Just great." she said with a sigh "More lasers." The process of dodging and moving forward repeated itself as Spider Mare made her way through the second trench.

"Man! With the flowing electric current along the walls and floor, and the laser turrets, the electricity bill for this place must be enormous!" Spider Mare thought to herself, as she dodged another laser "Funny, and I always thought crime DIDN'T pay. Guess you learn something new everyday."

By the time Spider Mare had made it through the second trench she was exhausted. But she pressed on, for she had a feeling she was close. However, in order to reach The Mane-iac, one more trench stood of laser turrets, and floors and walls with an electric current running through them, stood in the way. "This is getting annoying!" Spider Mare groaned, as the process repeated itself for a third time.

The laser turrets just seemed to keep on firing, no matter how often Spider Mare dodged their beams. "Okay..." Spider Mare said, slightly panting "quit shooting the lasers already. It's getting old!"

At last, after what seemed like forever, the third trench was completed. Spider Mare sighed with relief as a flashing sign above the next door read Fog Room. "About time." Spider Mare said, and raced through the door. Relieved to be out of the trenches.

The fog room was a welcome change of secenary for Spider Mare, as there was no electric current passing through either the floors or walls. And neither were there any laser turrets that seemed poised to shoot at her at a moment's notice.

The tracker signal pointed Spider Mare towards a door at the other end of the room, labled Research Labs. But unfortunately for Spider Mare, the door was locked up tight. "Curses!" Spider Mare mumbled to herself "There's gotta be a way to make that door open."

Spider Mare looked around, and noticed that aside from the door leading to the Research Labs, there were also three doors marked with the letters A, B, and C. All of them read Fog Port, which meant those doors lead to the rooms that were generating the orange fog that was covering Manehattan like a thick security blanket. Those doors were locked as well.

There was one more door, which, luckly for Spider Mare, was open. It was titled Security Room. Seeing as there weren't any other options, Spider Mare swung over to that room. "I think we have a winner." she said to herself, as she stepped inside. Sure enough, off to her right was a switch connected to a pannel. Said pannel controlled the doors of the fog rooms. Spider Mare went over to it, and pressed it down.

She then raced outside, and saw that the Fog Port doors now had their signs flashing brightly, indicating that they were open. Spider Mare raced over to room A. The door closed behind her, as Spider Mare took in her surroundings. Like with the security room there was a switch connected to a pannel. A large screen was present in the background, displaying the status of the fog ports. Right now it read Fog Ports Normal, indicating that they were operating as they were suppose to be.

"Bingo!" Spider Mare said outloud "Now, if I'm reading this right, this switch controls two of the six fog vents. And I'll bet that the other two rooms have a similar set up. If I can close and jam the vents, without stopping the flow of fog, the pressure should cut off the power, and open up the door to the Research Labs. It'll be like a banana in a tailpipe. Mmm, bananas! No! I've got to stay focused!"

Spider Mare set to work on sabotaging the control pannel, before pulling the switch in order to close the vents. The underwater base began to shake a little as the pressure began to build up. A few cracks began to appear along the walls. An alarm blared, obviously intended to warn everyone of the jammed fog vent.

Spider Mare raced out of Fog Room A. The locked Research Labs door began to open slightly. "Hm, well that's a step in the right direction, but there's not enough pressure yet." she said to herself, and headed for Fog Room B.

Spider Mare did to Fog Room B exactly what she did to Fog Room A. Sabotaging the control pannel, and then pulling the switch, which closed the next two vents. Spider Mare was thrown to the floor as violent vibrations rocked the underwater base. More cracks formed as the pressure build up grew larger. The alarm continued to blare, the electricity began to fade.

Heading outside Spider Mare saw the door to Research Labs open wider, but it wasn't fully open yet. "Almost there." she said to herself "One more should do it. I've got to be careful though, this sucker is ready to blow! I can feel it!" Spider Mare raced to Fog Room C. A task that wasn't easy, as the constant shaking and rocking kept throwing her off balance, and made web slinging too dangerous.

Arriving in Fog Room C Spider Mare repeated the process for a third time. Spider Mare hunkered down on the floor as the last two vents closed. The pressure build up rose to critical levels. Even on the ground Spider Mare could still feel the powerful vibrations that were rocking the base. Cracks formed all over the place, and the alarm blared until the power finally shut off. Just before it did a computerized voice called out "Warning: Pressure Build Up has risen to terminal levels! Evacuate immediately! Base will explode in 15 minutes!"

Spider Mare raced outside, and over to the opened door of Research Labs. Without wasting time she ran through, prepared to confront The Mane-iac once and for all. With a little luck she could defeat the super villan in a matter of minutes, and still have enough time to escape.

Racing through a long hallway Spider Mare could see a figure that looked like The Mane-iac in the distance. But the laugh was not the familiar laugh that The Mane-iac was known for. In fact, it sounded like a stallion, not a mare.

"Listen, whoever you are. This crazy little scheme of yours has gone too far!" Spider Mare threatened "Your base is going to be destroyed in a matter of minutes! Surrender now if you value your life!"

"So, you survived? Well, I guess I should've expected that." the figure said, revealing itself to Spider Mare.

Spider Mare gasped at who it was "Mr. Five and Ten?" she asked.

"Correct." the stallion said.

"You've been dressed up as The Mane-iac this whole time?" Spider Mare asked.

"Wrong Spider Mare!" Mr. Five and Ten hissed "You see, I cast an enchantment on a comic that allowed me to go into it, battle The Mane-iac, and merge with her. We have become one! You're now looking at the new and improved Mane-iac! I am better then her in every way. I'm faster then her, stronger then her, smarter then her, and more evil then she could ever hope to be!"

"All this just so you could escape from the law?! You're pathetic!" Spider Mare said.

"Hmph! As I told you before, Spider Mare." Mr. Five and Ten snapped "Those who do not share my vision, shall be crushed by it!"

"I don't have time for this! You heard that warning!" Spider Mare pleaded "Please, we don't have to do this! Surrender now and we can escape before its too late!"

"It's already too late! I'm never going back Spider Mare!" Mr. Five and Ten shouted, and transformed into The Mane-iac "Let us end this Spider Mare! Once and for all!"

Spider Mare sighed "I guess I have no choice! You brought this on yourself!"

"You will never get past my protective barrier!" The Mane-iac boasted, as a protective wall of energy formed around her.

Spider Mare tried to attack, but all of her attacks bounced harmlessly off of the wall. "She's right." Spider Mare thought to herself, as she dodged a swipe of The Mane-iac's mane "I've got to find a way to turn off that shield, and fast!"

As Spider Mare dodged another attack from The Mane-iac a panel of some sort dropped down from above. Spider Mare hit it with her webbing, and a sound that seemed to sound like energy being drained was heard.

"What's going on?!" The Mane-iac asked "My shield is losing power!"

"Aha! Looks like I found the answer to my problem!" Spider Mare proclaimed "Those panels are forming a shield of my own, and they're drawing power away from your shield."

"You won't get away with this Spider Mare!" The Mane-iac proclaimed, as she picked up a nearby electric pole, and tried to hit Spider Mare with it. Spider Mare dodged it with ease, and activated another panel. The process of dodging, and activating a panel repeated itself, until finally The Mane-iac's barrier faded. "It's working! Okay Mane-iac, time to pay the piper! Here comes the pain!" Spider Mare said, and raced forward. She delivered a few light blows to The Mane-iac. Focusing on trying to subdue her enemy.

Suddenly, however, Spider Mare felt herself being pushed back! The protective wall of energy appeared around The Mane-iac once again. "Uh-oh! Looks her shield somehow regenerated itself!" Spider Mare thought.

It didn't take long for the panels for the draining shield apeared again, but this time Spider Mare had to be really careful. Between The Mane-iac's attacks, and the vibrations and explosions from the destruction of the base Spider Mare had to constantly keep moving to avoid being hit. And sometimes she even found herself being forced to the ground.

Eventually however, Spider Mare managed to put up the entire draining shield, and the protective barrier faded once again. Spider Mare wasted no time, and raced forward. Making use of pressure points to deliver a blow that brought The Mane-iac down.

"No! I am...defeated." The Mane-iac said weakly, and collapsed onto the floor.

"And another one bites the dust." Spider Mare said, and gave herself a mental pep talk "Take a breather Spider Mare. It's all over."

Suddenly, a huge explosion ripped through the base's headquarters! "Whoa!" Spider Mare shouted, as she thrown to the ground. When she got up she saw that the way back out was destroyed. Luckly, a nearby portrait had been knocked loose, revealing a secret passage. "Oh man! This place is gonna blow! I've gotta get out of here!" Spider Mare said.

She prepared to leave, when she noticed The Mane-iac still knocked out. Spider Mare knew she couldn't leave the super villan behind to die, even if she deserved it. Using all of her strength Spider Mare scooped The Mane-iac up, and thrust her over her shoulder. "Man, you need to hit the gym pal. You're so heavy." Spider Mare groaned, as she headed into the secret passage.

Spider Mare raced through the narrow passageway, ignoring the frequent explosions that were going on around her. "Gotta keep moving." she panted to herself. Suddenly, her 'Spider Sense' went off. She looked up. "The vent line goes up here! Time to zipline up! she said to herself, and quickly shot a stream of webbing, which she used to pull herself and The Mane-iac up.

Eventually Spider Mare passed through a door with the number 5 written on it. She quickly deduced what that meant "Level 5! Four more to the top!" she said, giving herself a mental pep talk.

The journey became more and more difficult as the explosions knocked pipes and other debries into the passageway. Spider Mare dodged them as best she could.

"Level 4! Webbing don't fail me now!" Spider Mare said, as she passed through a door with the number 4 written on it.

The explosions only continued to become more frequent, and continued to knock more objects into the the passageway as Spider Mare continued her race to the top.

"Level 3! About half way!" Spider Mare said, passing through a door with the number 3 written on it. The passageway now had a different color, changing from blackish green to greenish yellow.

Just like before the powerful explosions caused objects to be knocked into Spider Mare's path. But Spider Mare refused to let them stop her. All the while The Mane-iac remained passed out.

"Level 2! Almost there!" Spider Mare said, passing through a door with the number 2 written on it.

By this point Spider Mare was begining to grow weary, and was panting heavily as she once again dodged the obstacles that the explosions knocked into her path.

"Level 1! On the home stretch! I can do this!" Spider Mare said with relief, passing through a door with the number 1 written on it. The passageway changed from greenish yellow to red.

The explosions wouldn't stop! All sorts of hazards and obstacles littered the passageway. Spider Mare felt like she was too tired to make another turn, but she did. And another, and another, and another. At last, tired but seemingly trimuphant, she reached the top.

But when she finally made it back to the surface she found that the passageway had left her stranded on top of the base, near the vents. And there seemed to be no way out. "All that work wasted!" Spider Mare huffed to herself "The perfect ending to a perfect- wait, what's that?!"

Out of the corner of her eye, Spider Mare spotted a small boat with an onboard moter. Obviously a prototype. The Mane-iac had likely used it to access the fog vents whenever repairs needed to be made. Without wasting a second Spider Mare swam over it, still carrying The Mane-iac on her shoulder. Upon reaching the boat Spider Mare dropped The Mane-iac into the back seat and slipped a life jacket onto her. Spider Mare did the same for herself as she took the wheel. "I knew those boating lessons would come in handy one day." she thought to herself, as she turned on the motor and sped away. Just in time!

The fog vents, the only sign of the underwater base to begin with, sank the instant Spider Mare and The Mane-iac were out of harms way.

"Now to deal with you." Spider Mare said, picking The Mane-iac up again. Spider Mare decided that it would be best to let the Manehattan police department deal with The Mane-iac, and dropped her off at the Manehattan police station with a note that read "Please arrest me."

The journey back to Ponyville passed in silence. But as Spider Mare neared Sugarcube Corner she saw somepony waiting by the front door. It was none other then Pokey Pierce. "What's he doing here?" Spider Mare thought to herself.

Fortunately, unknown to all but a few, there was a back entrance to Sugarcube Corner. And Spider Mare made use of it to slip in undetected, and change out of her costume.

Pokey Pierce was surprised when the door to Sugarcube Corner opened, and Pinkie Pie greeted him. "What are you doing out here at this time of night?" Pinkie Pie asked, rubbing her eyes "Some of us are trying to sleep. And I was in the middle of the most wonderful dream."

"Sorry." Pokey Pierce apologized "But until just now no one saw you after you stormed off. We were all worried about you."

"I just needed to go somewhere to blow off steam." Pinkie Pie said "I meant to tell someone, but I guess I wasn't thinking clearly."

"Well that's alright. At least you're safe now." Pokey Pierece said with a smile "That's what really matters."

"Yeah." Pinkie Pie said with a yawn "Well, it was nice seeing you Pokey Pierce. But I'd really like to get back to bed. I'm gonna be foalsitting for the Cake Twins tomorrow and I'm gonna need to be at my best to keep up with them."

"Wait!" Pokey Pierce called out. Pinkie Pie stopped in her tracks "I just wanted to say I'm glad you're okay. I was worried about you."

"I'm sure you were." Pinkie Pie said "But as you can see I'm just fine now. If it makes you feel any better though, I promise never to disppear on you without a warning."

"Thanks." Pokey Pierce said happily "And, if you'd like, I'd be more then happy to help you look after the Cake Twins. I've foalsat for my little cousin a couple of times."

"You really mean it? You'd be willing to help me out?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Well, yes." Pokey Pierce said with a smile. The instant those words escaped his mouth he suddenly found himself being tackled by a very happy Pinkie Pie.

"Oh thank you thank you thank you thank you!" Pinkie Pie said happily "You're a real gentlecolt Pokey Pierece, you know that?"

"Thank my mother. She really inspired me." Pokey Pierce said, and he embraced Pinkie Pie in a hug.

Meanwhile in Manehattan, The Mane-iac was sitting in her cell. Her mane tied back, and held in place by chains that were fastened to the walls. "This isn't over Spider Mare." she muttered to herself "Not by a long shot."

Author's Note:

And so, we now get to see who The Mane-iac really is.

Also, Pokey Pierce is not Mary Jane. He will be filling the role of Gwen Stacey, Peter Parker's first love interest.

And, in case you were wondering about timeline. This takes place after "Rainbow Falls" but before "Three's A Crowd".