• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 4,386 Views, 431 Comments

Welcome to Wherever You Are - FrozenInTime



In Twilight's time of need, only Rainbow Dash is there for the young Princess. The others seem to be mad at her for things she didn't do. An old enemy approaches, and without the Elements, it can not be stopped... can it?

  • ...
28
 431
 4,386

Chapter 2: Shocking Revelation

Rainbow Dash decided she would visit Twilight Sparkle first, just to make sure she was okay and safe. Flying over Ponyville, the only ponies she saw were Derpy and Doctor Hooves, and it looked like they were making out on a bench. "What in Equestria do those two see in each other?" Rainbow didn't crash into the Golden Oaks Library for once, actually trying to be silent rather than get Twilight's attention. She looked into Twilight's window to find her bed empty, but Spike was in his usual spot in his makeshift bed. A look of panic overtook her features. She wondered where Twilight Sparkle could possibly be. Rainbow quietly opened the window and flew in. She had perfected sneaking in the library to something of an art, with how much she did it all the time. First she would try the window, then the balcony at the top, then a different window. If all else failed, she would try the front door. Now that she thought about it, why was it that she did this so much?

Stop thinking, stupid brain. Just keep looking for Twi.

Rainbow heard a snore too loud to belong to the baby dragon, and looked down to the lower area to see Twilight slouched over her usual spot at her desk. She let out an audible sigh of relief, then quickly covered her mouth with her hoof in fear that she was too loud.

You've had a very long day, Twi. You should've fallen asleep in bed, not at your desk for once.

Twilight's head was facing to the side, towards a piece of paper next to the book her head was on. There was writing on this paper, and Rainbow's curiosity got the better of her.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today, I learned that friendship can be a harsh, unforgiving thing. I watched three of my five best friends turn against me, and another completely ignore me. I will never fully understand Fluttershy, and I don't know if I will ever be able to now. I actually had a crush on her when I first came to Ponyville, but I got over it quickly when I realized she probably doesn't like mares, considering she seems to have a crush on Big Macintosh, Applejack's big brother. I have no feelings for her now.

Anyways, at least Rainbow Dash is still my friend. I don't know how I would go on without her constantly cheering me up. But now, I don't know if she can after what happened today. What those mares said to me is too horrendous to put on paper. I don't understand why they hate me now, or what I did to bring this upon myself, but I feel like I deserve it. I really don't know why, but it just feels like it is all my fault, whatever it is.

I tried as hard as I could and built these friendships up for a long time, to have most of them crumble in front of me like one of Pinkie Pie's special muffins.

Now that I've lost my friends, does that mean I am no longer your student? Will I be forced to return to Canterlot? I still have Rainbow Dash here, and I don't know why, but I have always cared about her more. I guess that's why I considered her to be my true best friend all this time. I eagerly await your response on what you think I should do.

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

Rainbow stood there, her jaw open, trying to process what she just read.

Twilight had a crush on Fluttershy?! She likes mares?! I'm glad she still considers me her best friend, but she's blaming herself? Oh no, what if she was forced to move back to Canterlot? I would never see her again! What are these special muffins?! Maybe that's how Derpy...

Her thoughts were cut off by Twilight's snoring, which snapped her back to reality. She stood there, watching the steady rise and fall of Twilight's chest, and Twilight's head came to rest on her crossed forelegs over the book. The only thing throwing this picture off was the tear-marks under her eyes.

She looks adorable when she sleeps... Shut up brain!

Rainbow decided it would be best to carry Twilight into bed without waking her up. She gently nudged one of Twilight's forelegs over her neck, which she used for leverage to lift Twilight up onto her back. Rainbow gently carried her up the stairs, looking at the unconscious Alicorn on her back a few times. When she reached the bed, she pulled the covers off and let Twilight roll gently off her back and onto the bed. She then pulled the covers back over her sleeping friend, nuzzling her on the cheek before turning and flying out the same window she entered.

Changing course to the Everfree forest, she decided to give Ponyville a little surprise.

"Rise and shine, chumps!"

Rainbow increased speed until she finally did a Sonic Rainboom, laughing triumphantly at the many lights turning on in the previously desolate homes of Ponyville. Derpy and Doctor Hooves only momentarily stopped to look at the large Aurora-explosion before continuing their make-out session.

She found that she had finally remembered what exactly she was doing. The top notches on the Weather Team were predicting some massive buildup of the Everfree clouds, which could be extremely bad for the town. Rainbow was in charge of keeping an eye out for this massive buildup, while also looking for any particular patterns in the clouds so the Team could predict future buildups.

After a few moments of flying further out above the forest away from civilization, she spotted something that made her come to a quick stop, as she didn't believe that she was seeing a winged purple dot out in front of her. Slowly getting closer and closer, it became unmistakable.

"Twilight? How... how did you pass me? What are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

Wait... that was not Twilight's voice.

"W-wha-"

Before Rainbow Dash could react, Twilight turned around swiftly, and Rainbow felt an incredibly sharp pain in her left eye. She became quickly disoriented, and crashed down into the Everfree forest.

Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you've made it this far
Welcome, you've gotta believe
The right here right now, you're exactly where you're supposed to be

Twilight picked up the radio/alarm clock in her purple aura.

"That could not be further," she crushed the radio into a dense little ball of mechanical scraps, "from the truth. Applejack made it perfectly clear." Twilight said to herself, before magically tossing the ball that was once her alarm clock out the window.

"Wait... why is my window open? How did I get up here? I was down there..."

Her thoughts were stopped by the sound of an explosion. Twilight quickly looked out the window to see the expanding shockwave of rainbow dance across the sky, and a rainbow streak dart towards the Everfree forest.

Of course. She really needs to stop doing this every other night. She could have at least closed my window...

Twilight's mind quickly flitted back to earlier that day as she stared at the sky.

"Rainbow said she would try to reason things out with them. I'm sure they will listen and then we can all be friends again," Twilight said to herself as she walked into Sweet Apple Acres. She got to the top of the hill just in time to hear Applejack say "I reckon none of us but you want anything to do with that purple horseapple." and saw Rainbow's face turn red. "Aww, is it because she's a fillyfooler like you? Is she yer marefriend now?" Twilight gasped as she saw Rainbow give Applejack a double-hoofed buck to the face, knocking Applejack on her back and her face immediately started swelling. "Do NOT talk about her like that!" As Applejack rose to her hooves and prepared to counter attack, she was lifted into the air from the very hooves she was about to assault Rainbow with, by Twilight's violet aura.

"What the hay is going on?!" Twilight demanded an answer.

"Well, well. The princess herself comes waltzin' into my farm like she owns the place," Applejack hissed, crossing her arms while she was still upside-down. Twilight released her magic and let Applejack fall to the ground, face-first.

"Twilight. We were just talking about you," said Rarity.

"Oh really? I don't imagine it was anything good." Twilight replied.

"Well, duh, silly! What do you think we were talking about? PARTIES?" Pinkie Pie said. No one could tell if she was being sarcastic.

"That's just like you royal types, making snide comments, thinking they are the tip of the iceberg." Rarity said, almost tauntingly.

"We don't like this Twilight, no, not one itsy bitsy bit!" Pinkie darted up to Twilight, mere inches between their faces.
"You are not getting ANY parties anytime soon, missy!" she almost whispered.

Twilight looked over to Fluttershy, who was sitting at the base of a tree, just watching this entire thing play out. Pinkie darted back to Rarity's side, a fresh expression of anger on her face.

"What ever done become of that Twilight? The one that was our friend? I reckon she's dead." Applejack insulted once more.

"Now wait just a minute here," said a voice no one expected to hear. The voice of Sweetie Belle, as she walked up to Twilight's right side.

"This still looks like the same ol' Twilight to me," said Apple Bloom, walking up to Twilight's left side from behind her, and smiling as she looked up at Twilight.

"Apple Bloom. Go inside. Now." hissed Applejack.

"But I-"

"NOW."

After a moment, Apple Bloom sternly responded, "No."

"What?"

"I said no!"

"Apple Bloom, don't make me get Big M-"

"I don't care if you get Big Macintosh! I bet he'll agree with me!"

"Big Macintosh is here?" Fluttershy asked suddenly. All heads instantly snapped towards her, and she looked away with a nervous smile, her face a bright red.

"I'll go get him now!" Apple Bloom said with a malicious expression, running off towards the farmhouse with Sweetie Belle. As the two fillies left, the fight continued.

"Now you listen here missy. Just because yer a princess now don't mean you can go actin' all high and mighty and thinking yer too good for yer friends!" Applejack just kept going.

"But I-" Twilight started.

"I'll make this perfectly clear," Applejack continued. "None of us here want nor need you and your grand princess Alicorn ways. Hay, I don't think anyone in Ponyville wants nothin' to do with you! You do not belong here, an' that's the honest truth. Right girls?

"Indeed." said Rarity.

"Yeah!" exclaimed Pinkie.

"Umm..." Fluttershy started

"N-" Rainbow Dash as cut off by Applejack's hoof in her mouth.

A reservoir of tears built up behind Twilight's eyes, and she tried as hard as she could to hold them back, but the proverbial dam burst and she sent out streams of tears down her face and sobbed, as she turned and began running. Rainbow Dash freed herself by biting down on Applejack's hoof, causing her to yelp in pain.

"Wait, Twilight!" Rainbow dash tried to chase her, but Twilight took off the ground at an incredible speed, literally leaving Rainbow Dash coughing on dust. Twilight continued to fly away at a ludicrous speed, tears falling behind her.

Twilight was finally returned to reality.

She glared out at the night sky, wondering what went wrong.

Then, she saw a cyan dot in the distance over the Everfree forest with a rainbow trailing it. There was a Violet speck a short distance in front of it. Suddenly, a green beam shot out of it and hit Rainbow Dash. The Pegasus went down into the Everfree forest, her rainbow fading just above the tree line.

"Oh no! Rainbow Dash?!" Twilight yelled, waking Spike.

"Urrgh... Twilight? What's wrong?

"Spike, I will be right back. Rainbow Dash is in trouble," she said, bounding out her open window with a few wing flaps, slowly but steadily making her way to the Everfree forest. She only wished she could fly as fast as she did earlier...

Rainbow couldn't seem to get her wings to work. That green magic beam that just hit her seems to have blinded her left eye. Rapidly losing altitude, she hit a particularly sharp branch in the worst possible place. It put a large gash up her right side and wing, and she broke through a few more on the way down.

Finally landing hard, some feathers were shaken loose and floated to the ground, in the small pool of blood that was forming around Rainbow.

Rainbow slowly lifted her head, and gasped when she saw it.

"Not you... anyone but you..."

The creature magically picked up one of the cyan feathers on the ground and held it in front of its face.

"Oh, didn't you miss me? I see you're still just as... fragile as before." Taunted Queen Chrysalis.

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!!!!!!!!! Surprise for the somewhat early update, once again expect a few days until the next one.