• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 4,388 Views, 431 Comments

Welcome to Wherever You Are - FrozenInTime



In Twilight's time of need, only Rainbow Dash is there for the young Princess. The others seem to be mad at her for things she didn't do. An old enemy approaches, and without the Elements, it can not be stopped... can it?

  • ...
28
 431
 4,388

Act II Chapter 3: Haste

The Royal Sisters sat outside Rainbow Dash's hospital room, as they readied for the aftermath of Applejack's revelation.

While they expected what was about to happen, they had no idea how powerful it would be. They did know, however, that Applejack was in no danger with both of them focusing their magic on an anti-kinetic barrier around the farm pony.

They also held a barrier around the entire room, which would block most forms of energy from leaving the room.

What they didn't know was how Rainbow Dash had virtually no limits, even in her fragile state.

They learned that when Applejack flew out the door, only passing through the magical barrier thanks to the one around herself. Luna used what magic she could to cushion her impact with the wall. The rainbow-colored energy that propelled her with such force bounced off the barrier.

That's exactly what they weren't expecting.

Rainbow Dash did a Sonic Rainboom inside the hospital.

Not even the combined magic of the two princesses could keep Rainbow from punching right through the opposite wall, causing the room to undergo something similar to explosive decompression. All that energy from the Rainboom had to go somewhere, and now it actually had somewhere to go.

With both the physical and magical barriers of the wall pierced, all the energy escaped through the breach with such force, that the wall was completely obliterated right as Rainbow smashed through it.

This happened in a split second, so it almost appeared that Rainbow had destroyed the entire wall as she broke through. A massive wall of rainbow rushed out behind her, escaping the area that was once a hospital room.

The building shook violently, but no structural damage was caused (except for the room, which was beyond saving). All ponies within fifty meters were left with ringing ears as the sound barrier was shattered within such a confined space. Even the two Princesses clutched their ears, and were knocked to the ground by the tremor.

Nopony was seriously hurt, but there were a few close calls with the debris falling about 4 floors and hitting the ground, nearly crushing several ponies. They would have died had they not gotten out of the way.

Celestia and Luna got back on their hooves, and assisted Applejack in doing the same. The three of them looked wide-eyed through the door, having a clear view of the outside thanks to the missing wall.

"Luna?"

"Yes, sister?"

"We probably should have seen that coming."

"Ah told y'all to call a repair crew beforehoof."

After crashing through the wall, the first thing Rainbow Dash noticed was that this most certainly was not Ponyville. The massive castle looming over the rest of the buildings made it obvious.

The second thing she noticed was an overpowering feeling of disorientation.

She should have thought about what she did before she actually did it. She hadn't moved in two months, so her muscles had yet to re-adjust. Of course such sudden and rapid movement would cause her to lose her bearings.

Rainbow felt herself slowing down, the rainbow trail behind her fading. Her head felt numb, and everything began to darken around her.

She could already feel herself losing altitude very quickly. Her heart began to race faster as she realized the full repercussions of her hasty actions.

It stopped when she landed on a soft, dark blue surface that seemingly came out of nowhere. That surface was the fur of a Pegasus.

"That was unwise, Miss Dash."

This was the same Pegasus that had previously accompanied Applejack.

"Ugh... how did you..."

"You slowed down quite a bit. After you destroyed the hospital room, I immediately came after you, but I was nowhere near fast enough until you started falling."

Wolf began to turn back around to the hospital, and saw the Princesses flying towards her. She would meet them with Rainbow mid-way.

"This time, please let us explain before you do something so drastic," Wolf said with the slightest hint of nervousness. If Rainbow did indeed do it again, Wolf would be right at the Rainboom's epicenter.

"Had the Princesses not been there, you would have brought down the entire hospital. I doubt I need to explain the consequences of such."

Rainbow Dash was almost impressed by this pony's levelheadedness. Had she been spending too much time with Applejack?

Oh. What was it Twi said before? 'Speak of the devil, and one shall appear'? Rainbow noticed Applejack on Princess Celestia's back. She could also see a small black shape approaching them from the rear. As it came closer, the outline gave away its identity.

Is that... a Changeling?!

"Rainbow Dash, wait!" The four voices were far too late to stop her.

About half a second later, another Rainboom filled the sky.

"Dammit! There she goes again!" Wolf's eyes widened as her previous words were completely forgotten.

"Sister, we should make haste before she does something foalish!" Luna said with the utmost of urgency.

"She's already done something foalish!" Celestia replied, sharing her sister's concern.

"I told her to let us explain before she did something like that again! Is she always so... reckless?!"

"Wolf, you just met Rainbow Dash. The Rainbow Dash." Applejack said.

Princess Celestia let out a long sigh, before flying after the rainbow trail that streaked across the sky, Applejack still on her back. Luna and Wolf quickly followed.

Rainbow slammed into the Changeling at her supersonic speed, but she didn't slow down until she neared the hospital.

She used one hoof to crash the Changeling into the wall of the hospital and hold him. There was now a clear indent in the wall.

With a strong flap of her wings, she dragged the Changeling up the wall, a trench being carved by her captive. She stopped as they flew past the roof, at which point she used her other hoof to strike the Changeling in the gut, sending him reeling back onto the roof. He landed with a sickening crack.

She landed on top of him, a hoof pressing against his chest.

"Who are you?! Why are you here?!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. Her earlier pain was completely forgotten. It was only now that she actually realized she just flew, so her wing was clearly no longer broken.

"Ah... you're... awake..."

"Why the buck does that concern you?! Where's Twilight?!"

"I...I..." Shift couldn't answer, as the pain in his lungs was too great.

Author's Note:

I had to cut this chapter in half, because of... reasons. Heh.