• ...
9
 20
 1,950

Chapter 1: Capital Wasteland

The Lone Wanderer was walking through the Capital Wasteland as usual looking for something to do, either fight something or a side quest. He walked past the Washington Monument with his trusty companion Dogmeat, when a red blip appeared onto his pip-boy's compass. He grinned under his Winterized T-51b power helmet and said "lets go Dogmeat", Dogmeat barked at his comment and started running away from him towards the enemy. He spotted a Super-Mutant beyond the trenches and muttered to himself "This is boring" he pulled out his Lincoln Repeater from his back and aimed down his sights right at the mutants head. With one pull of the trigger a 44. mag bullet soared out of the barrel and straight into the mutants head.

When the Bullet made contact the mutant's head his arms and legs blew up in one gory explosion. He then ejected the shell from the chamber and holstered it onto his back again. He looked over the trenches to see where Dogmeat was, not to his surprise Dogmeat was attacking a wild dog and was very successful. His grin quickly faded away when a voice from his pip-boy started playing, he knew that it was his favorite radio host Three Dog. Three Dog was talking about the Brotherhood's victory at the purification plant, but The Wanderer didn't care. Because he was the biggest part in it and never got recognized, not that he wanted to he was just a little ticked.

He gave out a sigh and turned off the music coming from his Pip-Boy. His fateful companion quickly ran back to him and barked. The Wanderer patted Dogmeat on the head and pulled up the map on his Pip-boy and grumbled to himself "well i'm bored so i'll see how its going over at Point Lookout". He then scrolled over to his weapons, " Lincoln Repeater....Check", " Callahan's Magnum.......check", " Pualson's Revolver........check", " Backwater Rifle...........check", "Double-Barrel Shotgun..........check", " The Kneecapper.......check". He had about 2 guns and a melee weapon left, he continued " tri-beam laser rifle...........check. " Victory Rifle.............check", " Shishkebab.......check".

He took his Pip-boy away from his face and looked back at the gray sky and frowned even more. He sighed again and said " I'm tired at looking at this old gray sky I want to go to somewhere bright, Like the Mojave wasteland". He gave a stern look and said " i'm going to the Mojave Wasteland" he smiled a bit and changed his marker to Tennpenny Tower.

He started running towards it and cold see it in the distance, that was until he saw a hulking monster coming over a hill. He stopped and squinted his eyes under his helmet to see what it was. It started running towards him faster and faster. He grabbed the Lincoln Repeater and yelled " DEATHCLAW!!!" he gripped his rifle and quickly started unloading 44. mag rounds into the beast body and head. It got right up to him and hit him with a powerful swipe he then got knocked to the ground and blacked out.

He woke up and looked around to see if he was dead or alive. He tried to wave his hand infront of his face but he could see nothing. A light bulb lit up above his head and he said "I'm fucking retarded", he flipped the light on his helmet and everything lit up. He stood up and looked to see a dead dog and Deathclaw, he stared at the dog's lifeless body and picked it up. He felt a warm tear run down his face and said "good-night", he started walking towards the tower grieving over his best-friends death.

He walked to the front of the building and grabbed a shovel that had been left there. He took it and planted into the ground and started digging a hole for his friend. He heard the doors open and a Mister Tennpenny walked out with his swagger. He looked at The Wanderer then the dog and smiled. He then started laughing and said "your letting a dog get to you" he caught his breath and said "what a pussy". The Wanderer threw down the shovel and pulled out The Kneecapper and said "sir your about to enter a world of pain". Mr. Tennpenny laughed at his shenanigans and pulled out a sawed-off shotgun of his own. He then said while wiping a tear from his eye "boy, hasn't your mother ever told you to respect your elders".

The Wanderer snapped and went into VATS and aimed straight for Tennpenney's head and fired both rounds into his head. Tennpenney's head exploded with his eyeballs, brain matter, and flesh flying everywhere. The Lone Wanderer holstered his shotgun and went back to digging Dogmeat's grave.

It had been about 30 minutes before he had finished and when he was done he laid Dogmeat into the hole and started burying him. He put down the shovel and dusted his hands off and walked into the tower, he was greeted by the receptionist and The Wanderer just looked at her and continued to walk off to his suite. He slung open the door and saw a bright light coming from his television, being a curious as could be he walked over to the screen and saw what was on.

A song and a colored pony riding in a hot-air balloon. He thought to himself "this is a show for little girls", but it was the first and probably the last time he will ever see a TV show. He continued watching it and wondering "why is this show so interesting" he continued wondering "and where can I see more". He snapped out of his thoughts when the episode ended and in white bold words "NEW SEASON COMING IN 2012" The Wanderer sighed and said "oh well" he just remembered what he was doing and that was going to the Mojave Wasteland.

He walked over to his cabinet and pulled out a Super Sledge and holstered it. He opened the door to the floor he was on and walked over to the elevator and clicked a button to the ground floor. The doors opened and a man and a women stepped out giving him weird looks and then smiled and said "thank you". He shrugged it off and went into the elevator and clicked the button again and it slowly started drifting to the ground floor. The doors opened and two kids walked into the elevator and looked up at him and said "The enclave is better", he took looked at the kid and said "(strength 9) and why would you say that to a Brotherhood vet". He looked at him and was shivering in his shoes and said "s-sorry m-mister", the doors opened and the kids ran out as fast as they could.

The Wanderer walked out and looked around and saw the floor was dark, he turned on his headlight and looked around the room. A women ran up to him and said "sir can you please turn on the lights". He looked at her and said "fuck that shit" and ran to the front doors and destroyed then with his super sledge and walked out.

He then pulled up his Pip-boy and looked to see how far the Mojave Wasteland was from there. He looked at the map and it said "5,000 miles away", he smiled and said "well I better get started". He then turned on the radio and the song "I will walk 500 miles" came on and the Wanderer started humming to the lyrics and thinking "Mojave here I come".

He had been walking for about 2 hours and 57 miles when he saw something shine into his helmet's lens blinding him. He pulled out Pualson's revolver and started shooting towards the light. Then heard a girly yelp, he knew it wasn't a raider or anything else that could be a threat and he started running towards where the sound came from and was thinking "shitshitshitshit". He jumped up onto a ledge and saw a lavender pony holding her leg crying with blood pouring out of it. He walked over to the pony and knelt down to it, he knew exactly who it was and that was Twilight Sparkle. He picked up the pony and said "don't worry I'll help you".

He ran off the ledge and sprained his leg, he let out a loud grunt and continued running. He saw a patch of grass and decided to sit there and help out the poor pony. He sat her down and she held her leg trying to stop the bleeding and restraining herself from crying and making noises. The Wanderer pulled out a Doctors Bag and two Super Stimpacks, he knelt down and said "shh be quiet, I will help you" she looked up at the Wanderer with tears in her eyes and nodded. He gently grabbed Twilight's leg and sunk the needle into her leg and pressed the button.

She then let out a loud yelp and looked at her leg and it stopped bleeding, better yet there wasn't a bullet hole. She grabbed her leg with her hooves and looked up at the Wanderer and said "who and what are you", he looked at her through the visor and said "i'm The Wanderer as most people call me and i'm a human and this is Earth" she hugged the Wanderer and said "thank you for saving me" he hugged her back and said "it's no problem, i'm just here to help". He stood up and started walking towards his destination, he stopped and turned around and said "you coming".

She started trotting making noises with her hooves when the made contact with the ground and said "My names Twilight Sparkle and where exactly are you heading". he stopped and looked at her and said "Well miss. Sparkle i'm heading to Nevada or as most people call it, the Mojave Wasteland" she gave a confused nod and said "how long and how far is it away". He looked down at her and said "7 days, and about 4,943 miles until we get there".She gave a funny look and said "your joking right", The Wanderer shook his head and continued walking with Twilight Following him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will have a new chapter up here in the next few days and there will also be good and bad karma, I hope you will enjoy..........

Comments ( 20 )

hmm wonder if your lone wanderer will meet up with courier 6 from another fic

I was inspired by Courier 6 to write this and no the Wanderer and Courier 6 were born in two different time zones, so they won't meet up:twilightsmile:356390

Holy flying fuck...its good...GOOD! But you still need...hmmm....I don't know its missing something...

357264 I can take any ideas, well because Twi And The Wanderer have roughly over 4,500 miles:twilightsmile:

357538>>357538 Well you COULD make longer chapters...I don't really care how long though.Up to you.It would be sort of interesting to see The Wanderer have to deal with the tribes in the Mojave,like having to deal with Mr.House,the Legion.and the NCR.It would probably make it somewhat more enjoyable.Keep it up!:ajsmug:

357551 well this is sorta the introduction so other chapter will be 2 to 4 thousand words, and there will be Mr. house, the NCR, and the Legion, along with other miscellaneous tribes and the creatures :rainbowdetermined2:

357600 The Fiends shall meet their ends :rainbowdetermined2: I hate them :rainbowkiss:

357608 No, the Wanderer will kill a few raider captains , but not all of them because that's like spitting on the Courier's Quest and what weapons do you think the Wanderer should get or buy in the Mojave:rainbowderp:

357690 calm down there, I like the anti-material rifle, but I was thinking along the lines of a Ranger Sequoia, Bozar, Two-step good-bye, Medicine Stick, and Lil' Devil

357726 Probably.I never got the DLC :fluttershysad: Sounds good though.

357747 just look up the last four and what armor should the Wanderer find, because I'm kinda thinking of Elite Riot Armor or Remnants Power Armor:rainbowkiss:

357774 Remnants Power Armor would be pretty interesting for him to get,considering he would have to battle through a nest of Deathclaws and kill a Legendary Cazador...The Elite Riot Armor would be good to get too,just without the filler of about two or three chapters.

Im going with the Remnants power armor, because I don't want to go through the whole divide thing:ajsmug:

Will the lone wanderer find the picture of his parents?Also will the lone wanderer find the other mane six?

358423 They will start appearing from time to time and he will find a picture of his past bringing back terrible memories:twilightsmile:

honestly, don't you think the wanderer would have a bit more surprise from seeing a new species, or at least think "well, I've seen weirder shit" before running to help? also, try to improve your grammar. so many run on sentences! no offense. good story, other wise. gonna track, don't make me regret this.

Callahan's magnum?
CALLAHAN'S MAGNUM?!
You son of a bitch you bombed Citadel!:flutterrage:

...Judging by the fact that the last time the author was seen online was 27 weeks ago. I'm afraid this story is dead and I will never get a reply.:facehoof:

357690
Twilight Sparkle meet her biggest fan.:twilightsheepish:
Wait, the fan isn't moving.:twilightoops:

Login or register to comment