• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,780 Views, 35 Comments

Growing Up - mintgreenconspiracy



Sweetie Belle cast a spell that made herself and the rest of the CMC(excluding Babs) I to full grown mares. Problem is they still don't have their cutie marks.

  • ...
2
 35
 1,780

Chapter 5

The train merrily clattered along its way. Leaving Sweetie with nothing but time to think, think about everything that was wrong today. The unfortunate thing about trains was there was so very little to do on them. Heck! Even Rarity was in on it, sighing to herself, silently. Was she trying to avoid the conversation too? She guessed she'd probably be trying to avoid the situation too, if it wasn't actively happening to her.

And it was embarrassing too! And nothing made sense anymore! It was like her body had changed around her and mutated into something nasty! Like how her behind was moist, yet again. Or that pain that just wouldn't quit... If anything, the pain was drawing more attention to itself, than that drafty spot she didn't want to think about.

Sweetie thought as she squirmed in place. The momentary boredom giving that pain in her tummy a chance to remind her that it was still there. Curses! She should never have cast that stupid spell!

"Sweetie? Are you ok? I've noticed you've been rubbing your barrel every so often, all day," Rarity said in concern, her eyes looking down at the filly mare. "Do you need me to get a doctor?"

"I don't know," replied Sweetie, with some concern. "I don't know what it is! All I know is that I've had pain in my tummy since last night. And it won't go away," Sweetie admitted, her voice whining a little. "I've been wondering if we should've seen the nurse?

"What does the pain feel like?" Rarity asked, with concern, a guilty frown forming on her face, her countenance being decidedly queasy. Maybe she'd have to tell the poor thing?

"It hurts... It's like a cramp, but different," Sweetie hesitantly explained. It was difficult to think how to explain her pain to Rarity. "I don't know how to explain it! It kind of feels like pressure... like somepony is on the inside of my tummy, and they are trying to push their way out," Sweetie Belle stated, her mind struggling as she looked for the right words.

Rarity took a deep sigh, she would need to discuss this with her sister eventually. But, Faust help her, she was not telling Sweetie everything. Of course was she sure this was the best thing to do? Was she sure she even wanted to.

The question answered itself as the mare clenched herself again, a pained look on her face.

Rarity sighed! Sweetie needed an answer! Especially after that whole Button thing! "Well, that pain would be your... body... growing, getting ready to release an egg. It will stop in a couple of days, or a week at the most, and you won't have to deal with it again until next month. Unless we can get you back to normal, that is." Rarity said calmly.

'I hope we can get back to normal. This wasn't nearly as much fun as I had hoped.' Sweetie Belle thought glumly.

"Now Sweetie, since it came up. I suppose you and I need to talk about -" Rarity swallowed hard. " - Adult hood," Rarity finished with a shudder.

"You see Sweetie there are birds. And then there are bees..." Rarity said slowly and deliberately.

***********

"Are you telling me that baby ponies don't come from the stork?" Asked Sweetie in horror. "And that after - "

Rarity nodded yes, she'd rather not hear that word spoken. "Yes... and after the special dance, if it occurs during a certain... um... time of year... Then, the mare, will become fat as a foal grows within her."

"So why was I acting all weird with button earlier?" Sweetie asked, in horror. "Could - "

Rarity nodded, sadly. "Sorry Sweetie..."

"EWWW!!!!!" Sweetie shrieked in horror, as her muzzle was slammed shut by Rarity's magic.

"There's no need to let the world know of your issues dear," Rarity said, with a blush and a sigh.

"With him! I told him I'd never be his special somepony even if he was the last stallion in Equestria and the future of ponykind depended on it! And I almost just - " She exclaimed, burying her head in her forelegs. "I'm just so embarrassed."

"Well how do you think Button felt dear?" Rarity asked, calmly. "I'm sure he's mortified as well."

"I suppose," Sweetie said, with a sigh.

"I'm pretty sure he wasn't ready to be a daddy dear, - " Rarity said, with a frown. "And I'm pretty sure, all he wanted was to be your colt friend, or maybe your regular friend, I suspect that that colt doesn't have all that many friends of his own, not your 'foal-daddy'."

Sweetie opened her mouth, only to have rarity stick her hoof on it.

"I understand dear, the colt would be a terrible father! I didn't disagree with that," Rarity said, with a reassuring smile. "And that is why it is so important I explain how things work. No matter how much I don't want to," she said, sternly. "Lest you end up with some pony much worse than that Button colt."

"Like? Sweetie asked.

"Oh most of the ones I've dated," Rarity said, feeling defeated. "... Blueblood, for instance..."

***********

Rarity sighed, sorely, having been the one to drag all of her bags to the hotel. Why was she the one that had to drag all those big heavy bags, all the way from the train station to -

Oh that was right... Sweetie's strength, along with her magic, were still depleted from callously casting spells that were well above her current skill level, though Rarity wondered how the filly mare had somehow managed to succeed. But oh well! There was no time for that! She had to finish the final touches on this dress as fast as she could so she could get it to its owner.

"Oh Sweetie!" Rarity said, turning to her sister as the younger Unicorn child slowly closed the door behind her. "I shan't ask you for any favors today, as you are still feeling weak. Instead, I shall simply inform you of the rules," she said, firmly. "First of all, you are not to leave the room, except to visit the little filly's room, unless I, personally, accompany you!"

Sweetie frowned, angrily. "Why?" She whined, in frustration. "Can't I see the sites without you! Can't I go down and get food?" she said, walking over to the door. "Rarity! I'm a full grown mare now, and - " Sweetie protested to her sister, her brow furling in frustration, and a protesting whine in her voice.

"I'm sorry young mare," Rarity said calmly, in fact she was trying to be more calm when chastising her sister then she ever had before. "But I can't have you wondering off!"

"Why!?" Sweetie retorted, not understanding why her sister was treating her this way.

"For one thing," Rarity said, tapping the side of her hoof, with the other. "You are grounded for using forbidden magic without either my or Twilight's permission, and - "

"AND!? WHAT ELSE ARE YOU GOING TO UNFAIRLY CRITICIZE ME - " She shouted, feeling like her sister was being unfair, and instituting a draconian punishment on her.

"And for another," Rarity said, fighting to remain calm, and continuing to hide her growing frustration perfectly. "There's that whole stallion craziness thing..." she said, calmly.

Sweetie sighed, looking down; her face turning red in utter humiliation. She begged rarity to tell her what she did while under the effects of... 'the season'... until the mare begrudgingly acquiesced and told her, and it made her feel really, really, really, bad and dirty...

"And for the third thing," Rarity said, tapping her hoof again. "You may have the body of a full grown mare, but you aren't one, and, believe you me, you can get in big trouble if you wander off alone in Canterlot, especially if you don't know what's safe, and what isn't," Rarity said, with a sigh. Canterlot may be the crowning achievement in Celestia's kingdom - it definitely was in Princess Platina's, but the city had a dangerous underbelly that tended to feed off of unprotected mares and foals.

Sweetie sighed, looking down; Rarity was right, as much as she hated to admit it - and that probably she and her mutant body would have to stay in the hotel, where it was safe. Not to mention that she might be mortified if somepony saw under her skirt, and noticed that she was a full grown adult mare with no cutie mark. "Ok Rarity..." she said, acquiescing. "I won't leave the room without your permission."

Rarity frowned, looking down, maybe she had been sterner with Sweetie then she should have been - and the two were supposed to be enjoying Canterlot, not being cooped up in the hotel with Rarity's work. Nevertheless, Rarity had to put her hoof down, she was acting as the mother for this trip, and she couldn't let her sister get away with whatever she wanted. "Oh, come on Sweetie!" Rarity said, with a reassuring smile and voice, desperately trying to improve her sister's mood. "I promise you that I will spend as little time here as I conceivably can! That we will only be here while we sleep, or until I put the finishing touches on this outfit," she said, taking a short break from her outfit to put a hoof on her sister's shoulder.

"Really?" Sweetie asked, her eyes beginning to stop watering, and a the beginnings of a smile forming. "Pinkie promise?" She asked desperately.

Rarity nodded, a reassuring smile on her face. "Pinkie Promise!" Rarity said, nodding her head. "Though I shan't go through those motions - they are unladylike," she said, with a wink.

"Ok," Sweetie responded, with a playful smile of her own.

***********

"Oh Sweetie!" Rarity cautioned, as the two mares cantered through downtown Canterlot. "We need to hurry, for we simply must drop this off at Fancy Pants' place before his wife returns this afternoon, and we've already been greatly delayed, " she announced with urgency.

Sweetie frowned, already moving as fast as she was able to in her current condition - and she wasn't going to be moving much faster until her magic returned more. Though, now that her magic had returned some, she was beginning to feel slighted that they hadn't had a chance to see anything in Canterlot yet! Rarity had promised to show her the castle, and that school Twilight kept talking about already, and she hadn't done it yet!

"Oh don't worry Sweetie," Rarity said, with a smile, looking back at her sister's frown. "Once we've done that we shall have all of Canterlot to ourselves," she said, with a smile, as Sweetie craned her head towards one of the stallions trotting by.

"Oh Sweetie." Rarity cautioned. "Don't be distracted!" She said, knowing that a sad side effect of her condition was distractibility, and stallions tended to be the biggest cause.

Sweetie shook her head, focusing her mind on the task at hoof, and clearing the odd thoughts that seemed to be floating into her head. Sadly this didn't bring much relief, instead it brought a frustrated grunt. This wouldn't be quick! It would take all day!

Rarity gave her a smile, guessing what was going through her head. "Oh Sweetie!" she said, with as much confidence as she could muster. "Don't think that! It shall take no time at all!" she said, with a chuckle.

Sweetie grunted, angrily. She knew that chuckle! It was the kind of chuckle she used whenever she was trying to reassure Sweetie of something that wasn't true. Basically it meant that this was going to take for -

Who was that huge, and handsome stallion? Sweetie asked herself, as she wandered off after a rather large, and well build blue stallion with a white mane, a rather large horn, and a compass rose cutie mark, which was one of the royal cutie marks. And that, of course, meant that he came from one of the higher unicorn families.

The stallion lugged along a rather large bag with his horn. Her eyes started to grow large! That bag must have weighed a ton, as he was having some trouble lifting it all by himself.

Meanwhile, Rarity continued to canter along, probably unaware that her sister had wondered off, mainly because she was now feverishly staring at a nearby clock - one of the large clocks that existed in the royal city to tell time, and to schedule astrological events like eclipses, and planetary alignments.

"Hey mr!" Sweetie exclaimed, trotting alongside, that distant expression returning to her face - her tail raising slowly but surely. "Do you need some help? Because if so then I'd love to help out," she said, barely resisting the urge to nuzzle the stallion.

The stallion rolled his eyes... 'great! Another crazy mare!' He thought to himself, in disgust. 'However do I attract them?' He thought, finally giving a sigh, and a friendly smile to the mare. "Oh that won't be necessary, sweetie," he said, with a smile, giving extra effort into moving the bag.

"Oh please sir!" Sweetie said, with her best smile. "Please let me can help!" she said, giving her best squee.

The stallion rolled his eyes. What was that all about? Did this mare think she was still eight or something? The squee stops working after about thirteen.. Oh well! Maybe he could let the crazy mare help him carry the bag, at least as far as his door.

"Fine..." he said, defeated. "Why don't you help me carry this up the stairs to my front door, it's right over there," he said, motioning to a nearby building.

"Oh thank you sir!" Sweetie replied, amorously, lugging the bag on her back.

"Wouldn't it be easier if you'd used your magic?" he said, in confusion, wondering why this mare was using the absolute hardest way to get the bag from point a to point b.

"Oh I'm not very magical yet!" she said, with a smile.

'What does she think she is?,' he asked himself, with a frown, as the two of them lugged the bag up the stairs. 'Eight?'

"I wish to thank you for your help ma'am," he said, motioning for her to put the bag down on his doorstep. "But worry not, for I can take it from here," he said, with an honest smile. Best not upset her, crazy mares like this attack stallions that they are upset with. "This is for my wife, after all," he said, with a smile - diligently making sure to close the door behind him, so as not to give her ideas.

"Ok!" Sweetie said, with a smile, as she wondered off, her trance starting to wear off again. "Where was I?" She asked herself, with a smile. "Oh that's right! I was going to help Rarity with her dress!" She exclaimed to herself, rushing back to the square.

Meanwhile, Rarity remained focused entirely on the clock as she began to judge the hours and minutes she had remaining, as well as the time required to reach Fancy Pants' estate. 'I wonder why Sweetie is being so quiet?' She asked herself, as she cantered along. 'I hope that she isn't giving me the silent treatment.' She thought, with concern. That had to be the case! Sweetie had to be giving her the silent treatment! She decided, continuing to stare at the dial. "Oh Sweetie! It's not really necessary to give me the silent treatment!" she said, with a chuckle. "I promise you that, as soon - " The clock began to strike. "Oh dear! We only have fifteen minutes, Sweetie!" she said, glancing to see if the white pony was still there. She must have been, because a white horn was still visible in her peripheral vision. Ok! Sweetie was still there "I apologize for this, but we simply must get the lead out, so to speak!" She exclaimed, breaking into a gallop, thinking that Sweetie was still behind her.

After a few minutes, Sweetie returned, her mind finally clearing up again. "Oh Rarity!" She announced, looking all around the square for her sister. "Sorry for falling behind!" She shouted, now realizing her sister had left. "Rarity! Oh Rarity!" She shouted, in utter panic. Where could her sister have gone?

**********

"Excuse me sir," Rarity exclaimed, as the rather large, and surly, unicorn stallion came to the door. "My name is Rarity Unicorn, sir, and I'm here to deliver this dress to Fancy Pants," she announced, as politely as possible.

The stallion gave a growl, as he closed the door behind him, and loud hoofsteps could be heard behind the door.

"Do you suppose the dear didn't believe me?" Rarity asked herself, apprehensively. "It certainly would be horrible if I couldn't deliver this to Fancy Pants on time, and - "

The door began to open again, revealing a smiling Fancy Pants. "Ahh! Miss Rarity!" he said, with a subdued smile. "I'm assuming that you came to deliver the dress that I ordered?," he asked, placing his monocle back onto his left eye.

"Of course, Fancy," Rarity said, with a smile, and a nervous chuckle. What would happen if he didn't like it? She asked herself, in horror.

"Oh relax, ms. Rarity," he said, with a confident smile. "Why don't you come in, so that I can take a look at it?"

"Oh! Of course!" Rarity replied, with a nervous smile, as she trotted forward, forgetting to even look back behind her. "Now remember, Sweetie!" She commanded the sister that wasn't behind her, as she trotted in. "Please try to be on your best behavior, and don't embarrass me in front of mr. Fancy Pants," she said, with a smile as the stallion closed the door behind her.

"So, ms. Rarity," Fancy said, with a smile - having ensured that his wife had not yet returned. "May I see the dress?"

"Of course!" Rarity exclaimed, enthusiastically. "It's right here!" she said, bringing out the mannequin she had brought with her that currently wore the dress. "I made it according to your exact specifications," she said, with a smile.

"Very well..." the stallion said, as he slowly circled the mannequin, taking note of every fine detail, as well as the stitching, and model, as Rarity stood there, biting her nails.

"So what do you think?" Rarity asked, apprehensively, her body sweating bullets.

"It looks splendid," the older unicorn said, with a smile. "I knew that you would come through for me!" he said, with enthusiasm, motioning for the guard to hide the mannequin somewhere private.

"Thank you, Fancy Pants!" Rarity replied, with a smile. "But I really do want to get some measurements for Fleur Dis Lee so that I can tailor the dress to her body, as best as I can," Rarity asked, with a pleading smile.

Fancy thought for a second, an unsure look on his face, before nodding, with a smile. "I suppose it makes sense," he said, conceding to Rarity's wisdom. "After all, I want my anniversary gift to her to be positively perfect," he said, calmly. "But do you think you can get the exact measurements without letting her know?," he asked, with curiosity. "Fleur is very perceptive, after all."

"Oh fancy!" Rarity restored, dismissively waving her hoof. "I'll come up with something," she tittered nervously. "After all! I am a top notch designer."

Fancy Pants shook his head, his expression growing stern. "Oh Rarity!" he said, with a fair amount of disgust. "If you don't think that - "

"Oh please!" Rarity begged him. "I can do this Fancy Pants! I promise!" She begged."

He shook his head, deciding not to follow this argument any further. She had done excellent work for him over the past year since they first met, and she was a close friend of both him and Fleur Dis Lee. "Very well," he said, with a smile. "I'll see if I can schedule an opportunity for your sister and you to join us for dinner, so that we might 'discuss Fleur's dress for the Grand Galloping Gala'," he said, his voice becoming as mischievous as it was able - which wasn't very.

"Thanks Fancy Pants!" Rarity replied, with relief. "Worry not, for I shall - " she said, stopping when she noticed a confused expression on the white unicorn's face.

"Speaking of which," replied Fancy Pants, with a smile. "Where is the bundle of joy that you promised to bring along?," he asked, in an inquisitive tone. "Didn't you say you were going to bring along that sister you keep talking about, a ms. Sweetie Belle?," he asked, taking a quick peek behind Rarity.

"You don't see her?" Rarity asked, in dismay. "But Fancy Pants, she's right - " She started saying, looking behind her, only to find that the mare was completely missing.

"Oh dear!" She exclaimed, an expression of pure terror appearing on her face. 'SWEETIE BELLE!!!' She shouted to herself, surreptitiously gnashing her teeth, a tear coming to her eye as she finally started to calm down. Disparaging her sister in front of Fancy Pants was probably not going to be terribly productive.

"Oh dear..." Fancy Pants said, a concerned expression appearing on his face. "You didn't lose her did you?," he asked, in dismay.

"I'm terribly sorry, Fancy Pants, but I seem to have misplaced her," Rarity said, trying to play down the situation that now had her quite concerned. "But worry not! I for I shall find Sweetie, as fast as I am able."

"Very well." Fancy Pants nodded, kindly, his concerned expression remaining. "But do try to be quick! The gilded city can frequently be dangerous for a young unaccompanied filly or mare, especially a young filly like her. Do you still believe that we shall be able to have our - "

"Oh Fancy!" Rarity said, with a hollow and very forced sounding laugh, again. "I'll find her long before that! I'm sure of it!" she said, with a face smile, and false bravado - a lesson learned both from her work, and her exposure to Rainbow Dash.

"Quite..." Fancy Pants said, shaking his head, quietly; he supposed it was best if he stayed out of this hairy business, after all, it was none of his. Nevertheless, as Rarity raced out of the estate, he turned to one of his guards.

"Yes sir?" The guard asked.

"Oh steel shield?" The aging white unicorn asked his guard. "Could you do me a favor and see if you can assist Ms. Rarity in locating her sister?"

"Of course sir!" The guard said, obediently.

**********

Sweetie Belle's voice grew more and more desperate as she galloped up and down the streets of Canterlot. Not just had she lost Rarity, but she also didn't know which way to the hotel! And every time she stopped to ask a question: BAM! Something distracted her! Now she didn't see anyone around except for the seedy buildings she passed as she galloped through. "Rarity?" She shouted, hoping her sister would hear. "Rarity!?" She shouted, more desperately.

She galloped forward, no longer knowing where she was. "RARITY!?" She shouted, bumping into a very large, and very dangerous looking stallion.

The large mottled brown unicorn stallion with a dark brown mane, and chisel cutie mark, looked down at her, a sinister expression forming on his face.

"Sorry about that," Sweetie said, nervously. Was it just her, or did something about these stallions make her uncomfortable? "I seem to have lost my sister and."

"Why no worries," replied the stallion disingenuously. "We can help you, right Strong Strike?" he said, turning to a grey earth pony stallion, with a light blue mane, and a hammer for a cutie mark.

"Yeah! We could never be mad at a nice - " he started saying, giving Sweetie a good sniff. " - mare like you!" he said, giving his companion a playful tap with his hoof. "Ain't that right Final Touches?"

"Umm... well that's nice, but I simply must be leaving now - " Sweetie said, starting to back off slowly, her mane and tail standing on end, for the first time all day, her body was in agreement with her, and it was agreeing that these stallions were bad news.

"Going somewhere?" Asked a purple pegasus stallion, with a grey mane, and a nail for a cutie mark, who approached her from behind. "I mean, we'd hate for you to wander off again," he said, with a eerie, almost sadistic chuckle, one that kind of sounded like 'eh eh eh'.

"Yeah..." Sweetie said, uncomfortably, trying to sidestep the three stallions, only to find herself slowly backing into a wall. "You see, I kind of lost my sister, and I'm trying - "

"Well don't worry!" Final Touches said, with a devious smirk, giving her a good sniff. "We'll help you find 'your baby sister', isn't that right boys?"

"Yeah boss!" Replied the other two in unison. "Find your baby sister!"

Sweetie gulped, as her plot bumped into a wall. "Actually, she's my older sister and - " she said, nervously, looking around desperately for anything that could help.

"Boys?" Said, the first stallion courteously, stamping his hoof, as he started to breathe a little bit heavier.

The stallions circled her, all three of their faces showing a devious intent. In the poor lighting of the alleyway, they seemed to loom over her.

"PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!" Sweetie shouted at the top of her lungs, desperately, and futilely asking them to go away.

Behind the three stallions a voice could be heard shouting something. "STOP THE CHARIOT!" The voice called out valiantly. Had Sweetie's knight in shining armor just shown up? She asked herself, a blush appearing on her face.

"Excuse me gents!" Shouted a, rather large, white unicorn stallion, with an exceptionally large horn, and a blond mane.

"What ya want?" Coffin Nail asked, turning to the stallion. "We have business with the mare, and we don't think it's none of your business!" The pegasus said, turning to the other two. "Right Finishing Touches? Right Strong Strike?"

"But I believe the young mare said no!" He commanded, tossing the pegasus into the other two using a quick flick from his horn.

"Hey!" Shouted the mottled brown unicorn stallion. "I don't appreciate you using your magic on me!"

"Yeah!" Commented the grey earth pony stallion. "And I just think you punched your departure ticket!" Shouted the earth pony stallion, as he raced forward, only to be tossed by a single movement of the unicorn's head - this time without any magic, other than the magic of physics and the conservation of momentum.

"That's it! It's time for pretty boy over here to go home!" The mottled brown unicorn stallion said, pointing at Sweetie's hero's blue eyes.

"Yeah! I'm actually surprised he can fight!" The purple pegasus said, stamping his hooves, and snorting. "But I still think we can take him and - "

The three stallions raced forward, converging on the white unicorn, only to be stopped when both of the rather large pegasi that drove the unicorn's chariot came forward, their grey armor showing faintly in the afternoon sun.

What could be heard next sounded like a bar fight, and looked like a hurricane, leaving all three of Sweetie's attackers on the ground in various states of disrepair.

"Please take them away gentlecolts," the white stallion said, with a smile. "I shall escort this ravishing young lady home," he said, gallantly, holding his hoof up so she could wrap hers around it.

Sweetie gave him an enamored smile. "Oh thank you sir!" she said, with an amorous smile. "I don't know what would have happened if you didn't show up!" She announced, barely containing an almost uncontrollable urge to nuzzle the stallion. "Where'd you learn to fight like that?"

The stallion gave a smile. "Well.." Said the stallion with a proud smile. "A pri- " he said, stopping himself, shaking his head.

"A pretty pony?" Sweetie asked, completing his sentence.

He looked back with a baffled expression, like he expected her to have met him before.

"Is everything ok? You look at me like you've met me before?" Sweetie asked, in utter confusion.

"Oh no, ms. I was just admiring your beautiful mane," he replied suavely, as he motioned her back towards the main road.

"So how did you learn to fight like that?" She asked, now very much interested in the stallion.

"Well..." he said, chivalrously. "I learned a few self defense methods over the years..." he said, with a smile. "... you know, with how dangerous the streets can be," he lied, smoothly.

"Why thank you, my knight in shining armor," Sweetie said, wondering what the hay she was talking about. "May I at least get your name?"

"Call me... Vladímir," the stallion replied back, leading her back to the main street, holding her hoof, like a true gentlecolt.

"Oh wow!" Sweetie said, with a smile. "What's a dreamy - " she shook her head, what was this nonsense she was spewing? Had she been around Rarity too long? "I mean, what's your family name? Or do you just want to go by the name Vladímir?"

"Oh my lady," he said, amorously. "A pretty mare like yourself needn't concern yourself with frivolous information like that," he said, making sure that his glowing white smile glistened in the sunlight.

"Ok!" Sweetie squeaked, trying to excuse herself, that weird feeling, from earlier, rearing its head again... Didn't Rarity say that her condition would make her want to stay nearby stallions at all times? She had better get going before she lost control again, because she desperately didn't want another Button incident. "But I should probably be going," she said, trying to escape from his grasp.

The stallion nodded, listening his grasp to let her free. "I understand, but could you at least do me the honor of letting me ask you for your name?"

"It's Sweetie..." she replied, staring at his big, beautiful blue eyes, and sniffing slightly at his scent... Shoot! Why was she doing that again!? And, once again, the urge to lick him was starting to materialize, despite her best attempts to swallow it for now...

"Ahh Sweetie!" The stallion said, sounding amorous himself. "What a fine name, and for such a fine mare!" he said, winking both of his eyes slightly, and giving her the cutest smile. "But what brings an unaccompanied mare like you out here into the most dangerous part of Canterlot, all alone?" he said, his face turning serious, and his voice stern. "You know how dangerous these streets can be!"

Sweetie protested, stamping her hoof. "I'm a full grown mare now! I don't need to be babysat!"

The stallion's eyes twinkled for a second. "Ahh an innocent mare!" he said to himself, under his breath. "But I'm sorry, my dear! But these streets are dangerous! Especially for unaccompanied adult mares!" he said, sternly. "So what brings you out here?," he asked, again.

Sweetie frowned, she really needed to get away before she went stallion crazy again, but he was right! She was lost, and had no idea where to go!

Sweetie opened her mouth, as she looked down, the tears starting to flow. "I've lost my sister, and I don't know where to find her!" she said softly, her countenance dropping.

Vladímir's countenance cracked, and became much more soft. "What's her name, my dear?," he asked, chivalrously. "Maybe I can help you find her?"

"It's Rarity!" Sweetie said softly, feeling like a failure. She hadn't been lost from her sister in a while, and it felt even worse, now that she was an adult.

"Hmm... that's an uncommon name..." Vladímir said to himself, under his breath. "But worry not, fair Sweetie!" he said, with a gleam in his eyes and a gleaming smile, giving the unicorn mare a bow. "For I, pr - Vladímir, shall send my brave stallions here, and they shall endeavor, on their lives, to search every last dark corner of Canterlot, until they locate your little lost sister!" he said, stepping in a little closer. "And we won't stop until we find her."

"Well..." Sweetie said, blushing slightly. "She's actually my - "

Vladímir gave her smile, and put one hoof on her muzzle. "Sh. Sh. Sh... " he gave her a smile, and a wink. "Don't worry about it! We'll find her anyway!"

"Really!" Sweetie said, her voice chirping, the relief quite apparent. "Oh thank you sir! I was so lost, and I didn't know where anything was, and - "

"Well, I'm sorry to hear that," he said, with a smile, stopping for a second to think, tapping the side of his muzzle with his hoof. "Maybe I can help with that..," he said, under his breath.

"Yeah..." Sweetie said, looking down, not really looking forward to finding her way in the dark back to the hotel, as she rubbed her hooves together.

"Excuse me Sweetie," Vladímir said, walking between her and the road. "But could you do me the honor of allowing me to escort you back to your room?," he asked, giving her a gallant bow.

"Could you?" She asked, exuberantly.

"Of course!" He remarked, looking into her eyes, and looking over his shoulder, an idea occurring to him. "Would you wait here just a second?," he asked, sniffing something in the air, his expression softening for a second.

"Excuse me ma'am!" he said, trotting over to a nearby table in the bazaar, and pulling one of the roses from the table. "But could I purchase this?," he asked, looking the flower seller in the eyes.

"Really, pr - " She started saying before he shushed her, putting a hoof to his muzzle. "... I mean, really?"

"Of course! It's for a very special friend of mine," he said, plopping down a six bits on the table. "I believe, that that should be enough," he said, giving the flower seller a smile.

"Thank you sir!" She replied, with relief, as she was actually selling the roses for two bits, and he gave her a full six.

Turning back around, and walking back towards Sweetie, Vladímir gave a smile, and levitated the rose in front of her. "Oh, and Sweetie..." he said, with a smile, levitating the rose where she could smell it. "Do you mind?," he asked, making a motion with the rose.

"Really?" She asked, in utter surprise, her face turning red.

"Of course!" he said, with a smile, smelling something in the air. "I believe... that this..." he said, slowly placing the rose into her mane. "Belongs to you..."

"Oh wow! You're so kind!" She chirped. Where was this mushy stuff coming from? "But wouldn't it look better in your coat?"

"Sh. Sh. Sh..." he responded, plopping a couple of bits on the table for himself. "See! No harm, no foul!" he said, giving her a fatherly smile. "And besides, a beautiful rose belongs in a beautiful mare's mane, don't you think?"

Sweetie laughed, amorously, barely resisting the stallion madness again. Was it just her, or was it getting worse by the moment... And there was that pain again...

"By the way, while my men go and search for your sister, would you like something to eat?," he asked, with a smile. "I'm sure that after your horrible endeavor, you could use something to eat!"

"But I really should get back to the hotel! Rarity - " Sweetie started saying, worried about how Rarity would feel if she didn't find her promptly.

"Worry not!" he said, with a smile. "We shall find her! Please just something small! And then we shall return to your hotel."

"Ok!" she said, giving him the biggest smile.

"See!" he said, returning her smile. "Much Better! So do you accept my offer?," he asked, looking her straight in the eyes.

Sweetie gave him an exuberant smile, drawn to him like a moth to the flame. "Ok!" she said, nodding her head. "But I was kind of hoping for some apple pie," she chirped, hopping slightly.

Vladímir took a few steps back, a disgusted look appearing on his face, as he gulped violently, before shaking his head. "Remember Vladímir... even if the beautiful mare requests common carnival fare, then I shall comply! And besides, just because she asked for pie does not mean I cannot get it done the right way," he said, with a smile, being drawn in by whatever it was he was smelling. Hmm... maybe she should ask Rarity about that perfume that she gave Sweetie that morning, because all the stallions seemed particularly interested in sniffing it.

Vladímir gave her a pleasant smile, as an idea came to mind. "I believe I have the perfect place to get that," he said, with a smile, motioning down the street. "Even if it is just common carnival fare, perhaps I know of one griffon that can do it," he said to himself under his breath. "My father's old friend Gustave Le Grand..." he said to himself, under his breath. "Have you heard of tortes? They are just like apple pies, but better," he said, with a wink. "Would you mind if we tried something slightly different?"

"Ok!" Sweetie chirped, as she hopped along, Vladímir in the lead. "That sounds tasty!" she said, rubbing her tummy. Had it been that long since breakfast, already? She asked herself, already thinking about all the wonderful things she would be eating.

***************

At this point, Rarity was beginning to become frantic. She simply had to find Sweetie before it was too late! But where could the dear have run off to? She asked herself, with a sigh. She really should have been paying more attention to the dear, instead of running around watching clocks. She could, after all, find another Fancy Pants, but another Sweetie was probably not going to be coming any time soon.

And to make matters worse, the busy streets of the capital made it extraordinarily difficult to find anypony - making her wish that she had had Twilight put a tracking spell on the filly mare, or had at least given her some assertive perfume! Rarity gave a sigh... Sweetie was a perfectly able filly, there was no reason for her to be treating her like a baby. There was no way she was going to do anything silly like that, it sounded like something that Applejack would do!

Of course it made it no easier. This must have been the twenty or thirtieth pony she asked, and the answer was always the same: they had no idea.

Ok... what was she going to do now! Who was she going to ask now, and ...

A middle aged white unicorn guard passed her by, dressed in silver armor. Maybe this was good news! Maybe the guard were going to help, after all! She shook her head. Couldn't be! When she had asked them a minute ago, they told her no, because they said she, as an adult mare, had to be missing a full day before she could file a report.

"Excuse me, sir!" She asked, passing by a rather large blue unicorn, with a white mane, and a compass rose cutie mark. "But have you seen my sister? She a white unicorn mare, with a curly twin color light purple and light pink mane and tail, about my age, with green eyes," she asked, putting her hooves together in a begging pose."

The unicorn stallion rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I saw her," he said, with disdain. "Your crazy mare sister, attempted to 'help me with my package', " he continued, a sour expression growing on his face.

"I apologize sir," Rarity said, getting stern. "But you are speaking of my little sister, and I don't appreciate - "

He sighed, looking down. "I saw her go that way - " he said, pointing down a road. "But I don't know where she went after that."

"And?" Rarity asked, with a small amount of hidden frustration.

"I'm sorry about insulting your sister," he said, with a frown.

"You are forgiven," Rarity replied, with a smile. "I'll tell you what, next time you need something for your wife, look me up," she replied, levitating a business card into his hoof.

"Now I have a sister to find!" Rarity announced to herself, trotting off, and -

Was it just her, or did that guard go down that road too? Strange? Maybe they were helping her out?... Except, he wasn't wearing a Canterlot guard uniform. So who were these ponies, and who were they looking for?

***************

Sweetie looked around, giving an impressed whistle. Was she standing outside a restaurant, or a cathedral? It just was so big... and fancy... and so huge! It was the kind of place, that, the restaurants Rarity always visited, wanted to become when they grew up.

Vladímir gave a smile, as he walked alongside her, putting a hoof on her wither. "So, what do you think?" he said, with a self reassured smile. "Do you like it?"

Sweetie nodded, just taking it all in. "Wow! It's so beautiful... and big!" She chirped, taking it all in.

"Why of course..." Vladímir said, with a chuckle. "Nothing but the best for you, my dear!" he said, giving a discrete sniff, and looking her straight in the eyes, a corny smile growing on his face.

"But isn't this place a little bit big and expensive?" Sweetie asked in concern, hesitating slightly. "Wouldn't there be cheaper places we could eat at?"

Pri - Vladímir smirked slightly, chuckling on the inside. "And what fun would that be, my dear?" he said, trotting towards the door. "Besides, a mare like you, deserves something nice! Especially after the day you had!" he said, standing to the side of the door.

Sweetie nodded reluctantly, why was he acting so weird? And why was that nonsense making her feel really weird inside, like she was tied up in knots. She asked herself, as she reached out towards the door, with her magic, like she'd been doing during Twilight Time. The problem? Her magic was still too weak, and she couldn't even seem to reach the door, let alone open it.

She struggled for a period of time, the sweat starting to flow down her brow.

The unicorn stallion returned a concerned expression. "Are you ok, my dear?"

"Yeah! I'm fine!" she said, feeling like a total goof, her cheeks going red. "I've got this!" she said, grunting at the door. Why wouldn't it open!? And why in front of this nice stallion!? Though she wondered why it mattered to her so much, he was just a colt, after all... Why was she feeling so eager to please him? "I can do it!" She shrieked, feeling like she was going to have a migraine, the green sparks just now starting to form.

"Having trouble, my dear?," he asked, in concern. "Are you feeling well?" he said, putting a hoof on her wither, his face hardening slightly, his eyes beginning to show the concern that showed in his voice.

Sweetie shook her head, in defeat. "I'm sorry..." she said, lowering her head, in utter shame. Why now? "I'm terribly sorry!" She frowned, turning away from him, the tears starting to flow. "I used a lot of magic yesterday, and ... "

Vladímir gave a gallant smile. "Well worry not, my dear!" he said, chivalrously, sniffing something, in the air. What did he keep sniffing at? Did something smell good? No, not like those weird ponies that Rarity talked about! It was more like he kept smelling perfume or something. "For I shall open this door for you!" he said, grasping the handle, in his magic, as he slowly opened the door, motioning in with his hoof. "Ladies first!"

"Oh wow!" Exclaimed Sweetie, feeling like a princess now. "Why thank you, sir!"

Vladímir gave a nod, motioning again, with his hoof. "Why of course!" he said, showing his teeth. "A beautiful mare, like you, should expect nothing less!"

"Oh wow!" Exclaimed Sweetie, feeling utterly amorous. "So gallant!"

Vladímir just gave a chuckle, as the mare walked in front of him, looking extremely confident.

"So where is this?" Sweetie asked, as the rather large white unicorn stallion closed the doors behind him, and motioned for the pony that managed the reservations.

"Why this is Gustave's, my dear," he said, with a smile, holding up his hoof to the wait pony. "Two please, for Vladímir."

The wait pony nodded, a strange expression on their face, motioning at the blond haired unicorn, who simply motioned back.

Vladímir returned to Sweetie. "A fancy Prench-Griffon fusion run by an old friend of my dearly departed father's, and a personal friend of mine, Gustave Le Grand."

"Huh..." Sweetie said, stopping for a second, to tilt her head in a thinking position. Where had she heard that name before? Sounded like somepony that Rarity had mentioned once..

"A problem, my dear?" Vladímir asked, with concern. "Does this place displease you, m'lady?"

"Oh no!" Sweetie said, with a smile, shaking the thoughts out of her head. "It looks really swanky!" She remarked, causing a proud nod from the unicorn stallion. "It's just the name is familiar, but I can't place where I've heard of it.. Maybe it's something Rarity has told me about?"

"Ahh..." he said, with a twinkle in his eye. "Then you are in luck, my dear," he said, with glee. "Gustave's a wizard in the bakery!" He exclaimed with a smile. "Though it's a shame that your little sister has heard of him, but you haven't," he said, a sad expression appearing on his face.

"Sorry..." Sweetie said, with a frown. "I didn't mean to - "

"Oh no no!" The stallion said, shaking his hoof from side to side. "Nothing to be ashamed of, my dear! It might even be a blessing?" he said, giving her a wink.

"Why?" She asked, with curiosity.

"Because it grants me the prime opportunity to introduce you to Gustave's fine cuisine," he said, as the waiter approached, motioning them to one of the restaurant's prime back tables.

"Thank you, by the way, Vladímir," Sweetie said, with a smile. "But shouldn't I be paying some of? - "

Vladímir shook his head vigorously, and motioned with his hooves, sniffing surreptitiously. "Never! A beautiful mare like you should NEVER be expected to pay for the bill on her dat- assuagement meal with a stallion," he said, with confidence.

"But wouldn't that put a strain on your - " Sweetie asked, curiously.

Vladímir shook his head, interrupting the mare's self doubt. "Oh no, Sweetie! Besides, my roya- my salary from last week, should be more than enough to handle this."

"Besides Sweetie," he said, with a curious smile. "I don't want to talk about me! I want to talk about you!" he said, sternly. "So Sweetie tell me about - " Vladímir asked, stopping as the mare started to look around uncomfortably, suddenly aware of all the pointing and whispering that was happening around her.

"Why's everypony whispering and pointing?" She asked, starting to get concerned again. "Is there something in my teeth?" She asked, in concern. "Is my tail a mess again?" She asked, wondering if whatever made her wet and icky this morning, was coming back.

"Oh no!" Vladímir lied. "They are simply discussing how cute a couple we are," he lied smoothly, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Oh thank goodness!" Sweetie exclaimed, tilting her head down, and holding her chest, with her hoof. Meanwhile Vladímir shot death glares at the couples that sat around, gossiping about him and his date, muttering something about him getting gold bricks if somepony he was dating heard his name, or something. "I was really worried!"

Vladímir gave her a pleasant smile, telling her not to worry, but, nevertheless, after a few minutes, Vladímir had had enough. "Oh garcon!" He shouted, getting the young griffon's attention. "Could you get us a bottle of your best wine, and a couple of menus please!" he said, with a smile, making angry pointing gestures at the couple next door.

"Oui, monsieur Blue-! " The garcon replied, enthusiastically, stopping when Vladímir started making a waving motion against his neck, with his hoof.

"What's that about?" Asked Sweetie, with a smile.

"Oh that?" Vladímir replied, smoothly. "It's a secret handshake between me and the staff, basically me and him belong to a secret club together..." he lied, smoothly, a fake smile glued to his face.

"Oh great!" Sweetie said, enthusiastically. "Just like me and the Cutie Mark Crusaders!" She practically shouted. "Oh! We should get together once before I leave, so we can schedule a chance for you and your club to get together with the CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!!!" She shouted, at the top of her lungs.

The stallion returned an amorous look. "Oh a wild one!" he said, secretly to himself. "I have a feeling this might be the one!" he said to himself, this time take a whiff of his flower.

Sweetie smiled, with relief! Oh his flower! That must have been what he was sniffing this whole time! For some reason, she thought he was sniffing her. Silly wasn't it? "But are you sure I'm old enough to be drinking?" She asked, in confusion. "After all, I am only - "

"An adult mare?," he asked, curiously. "Whatever gave you that idea, my dear?" She truly was an innocent one, a wild flower, waiting to be picked.

She shrugged her withers, she forgot that she was a full grown mare now.

"And besides!" he said, confidently. "You'll love it my dear! Gustave carries some of the best wines in the Equestria, imported directly from Prance," he said, wistfully. "And then there are his scones," he said, with a wink. "That riff-raff Gruff thinks that it is he makes the best Griffon Scones, but it is in fact Gustave who actually produces the best Griffon Scones," he said, with a wink. "Don't believe me?" he said, with a smile. "Just try one, and you will agree!"

"Ok! - " Sweetie chirped, being interrupted as an old graying griffon tiercel said, approaching from behind slowly, having been told of the white stallion's presence by the garcon..

"Ahh! Monsieur Blue- " he said, stopping when Vladímir began to shake his head surreptitiously, pointing at something, under the table.

The old tiercel nodded, a catty smile forming on his beak. "Sorry, Vladímir! I had believed you to be somepony else, but no longer!" He chirped, joyfully. "So Vladímir, what brings you to my restaurant? Don't you normally eat with your ... at the castle with the other ... castle staff?," he asked, curiously, though he still looked quite flattered.

"Oh Gustave!" Vladímir said, with a playful smile. "Can't I take my dat- friend Sweetie Belle somewhere different for a change?," he asked, the old griffon, whose hair, both bird and feline, had long since gone grey. "After all, isn't this the finest restaurant in Canterlot?"

"But of course!" Gustave said, with pride, puffing out his chest. "But I thought that I would never see you, pr- " he said, stopping himself. "Vladímir, of all ponies, taking a real mare on a da- ... to lunch!" he said, his eyes starting to leak liquid pride. "You normally don't take mares on real dat- ... to meals - well unless you are forced! You're normally so picky, monsieur!"

"Well, I suppose," he said, surreptitiously to the griffon, in hushed words. "But, I think ms. Sweetie might be the one," he said to the griffon, who nodded, joyously. "She might be the future ms. Bl-," he gulped, looking at Sweetie, who had been distracted by a hippogriff that walked by. "Urrr... Ms. Vladímir!"

The griffon held his chest, with his claws. "Oh your father, he must look down at you from the Elysian fields, so happy!" Gustave said, whispering in the stallion's ears, the tears starting to flow. "He always worried that you would never find mrs. right," he exclaimed, loudly enough for Sweetie to turn to the two of them, wondering what they were talking about. "He always worried that you would end up with another s-" he said, choking on the last word, as he narrowly avoided the last dagger that shot from the stallion's eyes. "urrr... die alone!"

"What are you guys talking about?" Sweetie asked, quietly, as another old griffon walked in, a belligerent look on their face.

Vladímir frowned, looking down. "I'm sorry Sweetie, I should have been more upfront with you," he said, with a frown. "I was hoping to take you on a date, and Gustave here was speaking for my dearly departed father," he said, a tear flowing. "He never thought I would find somepony like you, but I always had faith," he said, with a glint in his eye. "I knew that all I had to do was be patient, and wait for the right mare to show up," he said, bowing to Sweetie Belle.

The old griffon looked around, finally noticing Gustave, his eyes shooting daggers as he sprinted up.

"Oh!" Sweetie said, blushing, and feeling hot. "You're so sweet!"

"Why thank you Sweetie, for understanding," Vladímir replied, with relief. "I was worried that - " he said, being over shouted by a rather large, and angry, griffon.

"GUSTAVE!!!" Shouted the older griffon, at the top of his lungs, loud enough to be heard from the street. "HOW DARE YOU FIRE YOUR OWN BROTHER!!!" He shouted, stamping his hooves, and letting out a ferocious roar. "ME! YOUR BROTHER: LE BLANC DE NICOLAŸ!"

Gustave took a break, and calmly opened his beak. "I'm sorry, Nicolaÿ," he said, looking away, with a frown. "But I had to downsize you. You were lazy, and you coming into the restaurant fully drunk... well it was not good for the business!" he said, sternly. "I can't allow anygriffon, even my own brother to belittle and attack the customers, " he said calmly, turning to leave.

"Silence!" The older of the two griffon's roared, picking up a half eaten piece of cake from a nearby table. The pony that was supposed to be eating it, immediately giving him a truly sour expression. "How do you make such slander against me, and besmirch my good name!" The old bird crowed, beginning to wave the cake up and down. "How would you like it if I besmirched you!" He shouted, bringing the cake back, for a good fling.

"Sweetie!" Vladímir shouted sternly. "Get behind me!" he said gallantly, pushing her behind him, with his magic, as he puffed out his chest, standing between the filly mare, and the angry griffon

"And this is what you get for spouting slander against your own brother!" Nicolaÿ shouted, to the tune of a rock guitar in the background, as he gave the cake a good toss. Apparently Nicolaÿ's aim was as bad as anyone could have guessed, and Vladímir was probably as unlucky, as the cake exploded against his face and coat, splattering both in frosting and crumbs.

"Oh dear!" Sweetie said, in deep concern, holding the sides of her muzzle with her hooves. "Are you ok!?" She asked, in horror, like the unicorn stallion had been hit by a spear.

"Of course!" Vladímir replied, brushing the cake off with his magic. "Do you think that a little cake could harm me in the slightest?" He crowed, trying desperately to clean off his coat with a nearby glass of water.

"But your shirt!" Sweetie said, in horror, seeing the staining already, and imaging what Rarity would say, were she here. "If my sister saw this then she'd - "

Vladímir motioned with his hoof. "No harm! No foul!" He replied, coolly, as he managed to clean off the worst of the mess between magic, and the glass of water. "You see! All gone!" he said, motioning at his coat.

"But weren't you worried about - " Sweetie said, being shushed by the stallion again, who simply motioned with his hoof, her face still looking resolute.

"Have more faith in yourself, my dear," he said, doing his best Fancy Pants. "You have to have more confidence! I would do anything to help you, and keep you safe!" he said, with a wink. "I protected you from those monsters didn't I?"

"I suppose you did!" Sweetie said, giving him a smile, and getting lost in his eyes for a second...

"Now! We should engage in small talk, " he said, with a smile. 'After all, I'm terribly sorry for the interruption," he said, making pointing noises at Nicolaÿ, as the guard quickly filtered into the restaurant. "Remind me to send Nicolaÿ to the stockades for this, later... but for now..." he said, wiggling his eyelashes. "My date!"

Sweetie gave a smile as their meal continued on into the early afternoon. At one point, the question came up of what Vladímir would have been doing, if Sweetie's little predicament hadn't gotten in the way.

"Look, Vladímir," Sweetie said, with a frown, having taken her second glass of the strange bubbly stuff. "I really didn't mean to put you out of your way," she said, with a frown. "I hope I didn't put your day off too much."

"Oh don't worry about that," Vladímir said, with a smile. "This is much more interesting than what I had planned."

"Oh what did you have planned today?" The unicorn mare asked, her words a little bit slurred, and her mind a hair hazy.

"Oh nothing too interesting," he lied, carefully, choosing his words with care.

"Nothing?" She asked curiously. "But you look like you're such an important, and busy stallion."

Vladímir just waved his hoof. "Nothing that you need concern your pretty little head over."

"Really?" Sweetie asked, with concern. "You're not just saying that are you?"

Vladímir looked down, a stern frown on his face. "I was supposed to be on a date with the duchess of pomp, high lady of house Silver Swirl," he said, with a distant frown, an angry expression appearing on his face.

Sweete looked down, she wasn't sure why, but she wasn't sure if she was sorry, or jealous, but she shouldn't be getting in the way of love, Rarity taught her that. "I'm terribly sorry, Vladímir. I didn't mean to get between you too, it's just that I was feeling so jealous."

Vladímir gave a chuckle. "Well I wouldn't be sorry! You are a much better girl for me!"

Sweetie frowned. "But she sounds like such a nice filly."

Vladímir frowned back. "One would think that, and from what I hear the family's founder, Princess Silver Swirl - the princess of Lower Unicornia - was a guardian angel of sorts," he said, pushing his hoof hard against the counter. "The lady, however... "

Sweetie frowned, though, on the inside she felt relieved, for some reason. "Well, I'm sorry to hear that."

"Oh don't worry about that!" he said, with a chuckle. "I'm with a much better mare right now!" he said, giving her a wink. "But enough of that!"

"Ok!" She chirped, with a nod. "Though I'm still glad you came to my rescue - despite missing out on your date."

Vladímir gave a healthy chuckle. "Well, I think, 'twas a good turn of fortune," he said, with a smile. "Because, I think if my guards hadn't gotten confused and went down the wrong road, then I wouldn't have met you," he said, holding her hoof, with his. "And I would never have had a chance to come to your rescue," he replied, gallantly. "And I almost never get a chance to do anything chivalrous anymore."

"Chivalrous?" Sweetie asked, curiously. "Are you a knight or something?"

"Oh no!" he said, waving his hoof. "Though, if you wanted, I could be your knight in shining armor," he said, resurrecting one of the corny lines he had left in his mind.

"Oh you!" she said, with a chuckle. Why did she even like that line? That was the stupidest thing she ever heard from a colt! And Button had told her a few humdingers!

As the meal drew to a close, Vladímir gave her a pleasant smile, as she finished another cup of bubbly, and staggered to her hooves (and staggered is the right word.) "We should get going, Vladímir," she said, holding her head.

"Yes, I suppose we should," he said, with a smirk. "But do you think you can get to your hotel all by yourself?"

She shrugged. "But Rarity?" She asked, her words slurring slightly. "Uggg..." she groaned, feeling wobbly. "I feel weird," she said, her voice slurring, slightly.

"Hmm..." he said, pondering things. "Let's get you back to your room, it looks like you had one or two too many, " he said, with a guilty frown. "I'm terribly sorry about that, let's get you back, and then I'll see if my stallions have located your sister yet."

"Ok!" Sweetie said, getting a strong urge to lick the stallion's face. She almost nuzzled his face, before he stopped her.

"Not yet, " he said, with a wink. "Maybe once some of that bubbly wears off, but not before."

"Ok," she said, giving him a warm smile. "I wanted to thank you for a fantastic meal."

"Of course!" he said, with a nod, and a warm smile. He felt himself beaming on the inside, she had such a warm and beautiful smile. Or was it just her scent talking?

Sweetie smiled, staggering out as Vladímir opened the door with his magic. "I had a wonderful time."

"Of course, my dear," Vladímir replied, with a smile. "So tell me, my dear, where were you staying again?," he asked, cooking something up, in his head.

"Why do you ask?" She asked, curiously. "So you can lead me back to it?"

He smiled, enigmatically. "That's part of it," he said, a mischievous tone carrying in his voice.

"Well..." she said, blushing slightly. "We're staying at the Hay and Stay Canterlot," she confessed, worried about what this high class stallion was going to think about their bare bones hotel. Rarity had hoped to stay at the castle again, but it wasn't possible with the delegation from Unicornia staying for a couple of weeks, followed by the delegation from Yakyakistan - where ever that was.

He gave a stern frown, as he shaking his head, a furious expression growing on his face. "that simply won't do!" he said, sternly, the wheels in his head turning. "There's no way that you will stay in that wretched roach motel any longer!" he said, sternly.

"Why?" She asked curiously, looking at his beautiful eyes, that became more beautiful by the second.

"Because," he said, firmly. "You shall be staying in a room provided by me at the castle!"

"Really!" She squeaked, bobbing slightly. Yeah she'd be bouncing, but not with that much bubbly in her. "I always wanted to stay in the castle!" She announced, eagerly, not asking how he could pull that lumber.

"Well, then consider it another gift from me, to you," he announced, taking her by the hoof. "We shall return to your room to grab your things, then the two of us shall head to the castle, at which point, I shall instruct my men to escort your little sister Rarity, once we find her, to the castle!"

"Oh wow!" She shouted, amorously. "That's so kind of you! I really don't know what to say!"

He gave a smile. "Well I know what you can say!" He announced, kindly. "But we shall talk about it after I show you your new room!"

"Ok thank you sir!" Sweetie said, repeating herself.

"No thank you!" he said, leading her off towards The Hay and Stay Canterlot.

***********

"So are you concerned about your sister?" Vladímir asked, a frown covering his face, as he looked at the frown on Sweetie Belle's.

Sweetie simply nodded. "I'm worried sick, because - "

"Well worry not," Vladímir reassured her. "My men will find her, and return you to her unhurt," he said, with gallant smile. "So tell me, how do you two get along?"

"Oh we get along just fine," Sweetie replied, with a smile. "Though she sometimes drives me nuts with how dang finicky she can be! And she's always overshadowing me.

Vladímir gave a chuckle. "Reminds me of my cousin Léon," he said, with a smile. "Cele- my aunt prefers him over me because of how much he reminders her of herself," he said, with a sad expression. "Though I can't blame her, I'm kind of the picky one in my family, whereas Léon tends to be a little more innocent and noble," he said, scuffing his hoof.

"I'm sorry," Sweetie said, with a frown. "I didn't mean to remind you of - "

"Oh it's ok my dear!" he said, with a chuckle. "It's water under the bridge now, besides, if I got upset about how often he upstaged me, I'd be neck deep in tears."

"Oh..." Sweetie said, with a frown. "It reminds me of Rarity, back at my fifth birthday, she - "

He gave a confused expression. 'Fifth birthday? She has to be older than that, maybe she's still confused from that bubbly.' He thought with a smile. "Ahh yes!" he said, with a chuckle. "Like when Léon was born," he said, wistfully. "The poor unicorn has a couple of tiny undeveloped pegasus wings, a birth defect from some distant point in our shared heritage. The poor thing will probably have them his whole life, but will never have the chance to actually use them," he said, looking away. "But, regardless, it caused a fair amount of interest in the nobility, overshadowing my coming of age ceremony," he said, with a frown. "But nevertheless we should be there soon," he said, inspecting the street signs.

After a few minutes, a familiar building began to loom over the streets. "There it is!" Sweetie replied, with an eager smile, as she motioned at the moderately priced hotel in front of them. "The Hay and Stay Canterlot!" She exclaimed, with a smile.

"Quite," Vladímir replied, his ears dropping, along with his forehead and horn. "What a ... splendid... location," he said, hesitantly.

"You don't like it?" Sweetie said, with a sad frown. "And I thought it was such a nice place too," she said, her ears dropping, along with her face; a tear forming in her eye. Was she about to embarrass herself in front of the nicest pony she ever met? Wait... that couldn't be the case, could it? Or was it the hormones talking.

Vladímir shook his head, a frown coming to his face. "I'm sorry, my dear, but after staying at the castle, for as long as I have, places like this just seem to be sorry, and quaint," he commented with a frown.

"You still going to show me in?" Sweetie replied, suddenly worried that the stallion would just walk again, as she took steps to hover well within a foot or two of the stallion.

Vladímir smiled, his expression bucking up. "Of course, my dear!" He exclaimed. "And after we get your things, you shall see why I think of this place as arrangements for the common- ... those who aren't as blessed as I am," he said, with a blush, having realized that he tripped over his own words.

"Ok!" She exclaimed, giving him a nuzzle, a goofy laugh coming from her mouth... oh dear! It was happening again, and worse than before! And if that wasn't bad enough, that pain was back, and it demanded her attention! Badly!

"Do be careful, my dear!" he said, with a smile, as he separated her head from his chest, using his magic. "You're still under the effects of that bubbly, and it has you rushing more than you need to," he commented gallantly, motioning towards the doors.

"Ok!" Sweetie replied, deliriously... Oh she just enjoyed hearing him talk, so much!

So much... that she almost stepped into a puddle. Ok... well she would have if Vladímir hadn't stopped her, with his magic.

"What's up Vladímir?" She asked curiously. "Did you see something?"

He gave a frown. "Some inconsiderate roube has left a mess here!" he said, with that goofy gleaming smile of his, as he pointing at a rather small puddle on the sidewalk. A smile that Sweetie found dashing, daring, gallant, and overall, chivalrous ...

"We can just walk around it," Sweetie commented, coolly. "I mean it's not - " she said, as he stopped her, putting a hoof in front of her face, a belligerent expression coming across his face.

"And force a lady to go out of her way?" He commented zealously, taking a sniff of that flower again. Strangely enough, it didn't smell like much anymore, was it possible that it was the flower he was sniffing? "This simply I won't do!" He commented like the true knight he was, tossing his cake splattered coat on top of the puddle. "After you, my lady," he commented, motioning, with his hoof, for Sweetie to walk on top of the coat, and over the puddle.

"Are you sure that's ok, though?" Sweetie asked, with concern. "Won't it ruin your coat?" She asked, turning to him, anxiously.

"Oh! Worry not about that!" Vladímir replied, calmly. "It can't possibly make things any worse than that cake already did, and better my coat then your beautify," he said, with a wink. "It seems better to me to ruin my outfit, then to muddy your beauty with grime and dirt."

"Thank you!" She replied, tittering hopelessly. "You're so chivalrous, Vladímir!" she said, walking over the coat, almost on autopilot, as she looked back at him, taking careful mental note of every inch of his... What in the heck was she starting at? He's just a colt!

She shook her head after a moment. What was she doing? "I'm terribly sorry, Vladímir!" She exclaimed, with a deep frown. "What was I thinking? Your coat!" She moaned, shifting her attention from the bizarre thoughts going through her head to her poor date's jacket.

Vladímir gave a healthy chuckle. "You worry too much my dear," he replied, with a smile. "It's fine, see!" he said, cleaning his coat in his magic, as he levitated it back onto his body, taking another whiff of something. "Why am I doing this again?," he asked himself, quietly. "I guess it's because there's something slightly intoxicating about that scent of hers, though I can't quite put my hoof on what..." he said, contemplatively. "Oh well! I suspect what I smell is love! And she is, rather different than the gold bricks and status seekers I normally end up dating," he said, to himself, with a chuckle.

Meanwhile, Sweetie tried again, unsuccessfully to budge the door with her magic, a frown forming on her face. 'I can do this!' She thought to herself. 'Remember what Twilight taught you in Twilight Time!' She thought, concentrating all her magic on the door handle, only to find that her magic wouldn't respond. Curses! Her magic was still running on empty! And at its current rate of restoration, however would she cast the reversal spell? Was she ever going to be able to cast the reversal spell?

"Couldn't wait my dear?" Vladímir said, with a playful chuckle, as he approaching her from behind. "Allow me!" he said, motioning at the door with his hoof.

Sweetie gave an amorous giggle. "Why thank you, gentle stallion!" she said, amorously. Oh he always made things feel better!

"Of course!" replied Vladímir, a sly smirk beginning to grow on his face. Maybe there was something in this for him, after all, he thought, motioning for her to enter the door.

Meanwhile, Sweetie continued to drift up to her room, carried along by young love, and a lot of hormones. She just couldn't wait for Vladímir to get a good look at all her stuff, and .. Wait a minute! She hated colts looking at all her stuff! So why then was she suddenly so interested?

Vladímir, meanwhile, practically hopped up, seeming to be in good spirits himself, though he took great cares to be first to the door, this time, so that he could open it before the mare arrived. "After you, " he said, an odd expression growing on his face.

"Why thank you!" Sweetie said, again, as she entered the door. "I'm so glad you're here Vladímir!"

The stallion gave a mischievous smile. "Me too," Vladímir commented to himself, as he walked behind her, saying a bishop's move from her head. "Now, " he commented amorously. "Before you pack your things, and we leave, " he said, taking a breath to steady himself. "Could I ask you for one thing?" he said, gulping anxiously.

"What's that?" Sweetie asked, with an amorous giggle, the stallion's scent was now pretty intoxicating to her as well. She just wanted him around forever! Dang it! Why was her tail raising like that again! She, most definitely, didn't want another Button incident...

"How shall I put this?" The stallion said, tilting his head back, his lip curled up, a low grinding sound coming from his throat. "How about a kiss?," he asked, being very careful to choose his words.

"Ok!" she said, leaning over to give him a kiss, and barely avoiding a nuzzling session, her tail sticking up uncomfortably, as her front legs bent slightly more than she meant them too.

Vladímir gave an amorous chuckle. "Such an innocent mare!" he said to himself again, a pleased expression growing on his face. "But I was thinking something more like - "

"Sweetie!" Rarity shouted, in horror, flinging open the door. "I am so pleased to have found you! For a minute, I was so worried that I had lost you forever, and - " she said, making an ostentatious gesture, before finally noticing her ex date Blueblood. Her face turned whiter than normal, as she shouted an unpony shriek at her punce of an ex date, her face turning a beet read, and not with embarrassment.

The stallion's head was tilted back, his lip curled, and that grinding noise was coming from his throat again!

"Blueblood!" She shouted angrily. "You get away from Sweetie this instant, you punce!" She shouted angrily, tossing the first object she could lay her magic on at the horse.

"Ms... Rarity..." he announced in horror. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing," Rarity responded, angrily. "And what, exactly, were you plotting on doing with my innocent little sister, Sweetie Belle?" She asked, sounding like a mother bear ready to attack.

"Mrs. Rarity," Vladímir Blueblood said, in dismay. "I wasn't doing anything, honest," he said, his head tilted up, his lip curled, there was that grinding sound again. Rarity was well aware of the gesture that he was making, but was that racket a normal part of the procedure?

Rarity gave a chagrinned sigh. "I have seen a lot of nothing in my day, Blueblood, but this, certainly, looks nothing like it," she replied, slightly more calmly.

"But Rarity!" Sweetie protested. "Vladímir here was just helping me get my things so that we could stay in the castle."

"Stay in the castle, eh?" Rarity said, getting her serious voice, as she calmly trotted to within inches of the white unicorn stallion, making good and sure that her face was as close to his as she could go. "Sweetie, let me tell you something about 'Vladímir' here! - " she said, with a frown.

"But Rarity!" Sweetie protested. "He's - " she said, about to extol his virtues.

Rarity motioned with her hoof. She would hear no more of this. "Sweetie!" she said sternly, you are still my little sister, and I need you to listen to this," she said, holding her hoof over her sister's muzzle while she turned to the prince. "Once again, Blueblood, what were you plotting to do to my little sister?"

"Little sister?," he asked, his ears flattening. This must be 'the sister' that Sweetie was talking about all night. He suddenly had a sense that he was about to be leaving in a hurry. He gulped, collecting his words. "I can explain, ms. Rarity," he said, with a frown. Maybe he could show Rarity his dedication to her beautiful sister, and that he would 'treat her like the princess she really was'.

Sweetie gave a sigh, as she raised her voice to her sister. "But Rarity!" She whined, he was really, really nice!" She exclaimed, now fighting for her date.

"Yes! See!!!, Ms. Rarity!" Sweetie's date announced, with a relieved look on his face, kind of like he just got away with something.

"Yes, and do you know how he treated me, when I asked for his company at the Grand Galloping Gala?" She asked sternly, sticking her head further forward, forcing the white stallion to bend back slightly.

"But Rarity!" Sweetie protested. "He gave me this beautiful flower!" she said, pointing at the flower in her head, with her hoof. "And he carefully placed it in my mane, so that it would look perfect on me!"

"A flower, huh?" Rarity stated, in indignation. "So she was worthy of a flower, but I wasn't?"

Blueblood simply gave a nervous expression.

"And he showed me this place where we could get this wonderful Apple Pie thing!" Sweetie commented. "By somepony named Gustave, and it was perfect! Nice and tasty, and flaky, and - "

"Oh and did he have a problem with eating 'common carnival fare'?" Rarity commented, causing the stallion to close his eyes uncomfortably.

"And he let me try this tasty bubbly stuff, that make me really dizzy, but in a good way!" Sweetie said, wistfully, liking the Blueblood's nice and dry choice, in bubbly.

"Uh huh..." Commented Rarity, a belligerent expression growing on her face. "And what, do you suppose, he might have been intending to do with it?"

"Uh... Rarity.. I can explain..." Blueblood responded, the sweat dripping down his brow.

"An he used his own body to stop cake from splattering into me!" she said, her expression growing distant. " And he allowed me to step on his coat so I wouldn't get my hooves dirty in a puddle," she said, giving an amorous sigh, as she squatted down, into a weird position, her tail raised.

"Oh really!?" Rarity responded, her face expressing a mix of sadism, and sarcasm. "And I wonder why I wasn't good enough to get this treatment?"

"Well... I thought you might... " Blueblood responded, not getting very far, before Rarity interrupted him again.

"Not right now mister," Rarity responded, coldly. "Let me wait until Sweetie has finished.

"And he opened all kinds of doors for me! Including this one!" she said, with glee. "He's just the nicest stallion that I have ever - " she said, as Rarity's expression grew more and more agitated.

Finally, the prissy unicorn took a very deep breath, and opened her mouth. "HE DID WHAT!!!" Rarity shouted, bursting into flames, and more resembling a Rapidash. And everypony thought that Twilight and the princess were the only ones that could perform that trick?

Blueblood gulped nervously, starting to back away from the furious unicorn. "Temper!... Temper!!!..." He exclaimed, backing into a wall. "Ms.. Rarity... I can explain!"

Rarity gave a sigh, counting to ten. "Very well..." she said, more cooly. "But you'd better start doing so!" she said, sticking a hoof into his chest. "Because I want to know, for one thing, why I wasn't good enough to get even a free flower from you, or why you couldn't be bothered to open even the smallest of doors for me?" She asked, in frustration. "But my sister did! I suspect that you had other intentions with her! Intentions that I can't abide!"

"Well..." Blueblood said, scooting up against the wall, till he was practically at a rear.

"Oh... any why my friend's food was not good enough for you, but you were fine taking my sister out to a restaurant for the very same thing!"

Bloodblood's brow now looked like he'd just taken a shower, his face contorted into a single point. "Well... I... kind of thought that you were just dating me for my status..." he admitted, his facade beginning to crack.

"Oh... and you used my shawl to step on, instead of simply going around that tiny little puddle!" She exclaimed, furiously. "Oh... and let's not forget that you used me as a pony cake shield!"

"Well..." he commented, honestly. "I didn't want to upset my hooficure, and I thought you were just another goldbrick like all the other's I've dated."

Rarity gave an angry sigh, the tears starting to come down her eyes. "You feel that I - The Element of Generosity - am just a worthless gold brick?" She exclaimed, the tears flowing fully now.

"I suppose that wasn't right of me," he said, with a frown. "But it would have never worked.. you awfully plain after all..."

Rarity's expression turned sour, her face contorting like a prune, as she exploded into flame, again. "SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT?" She shouted, at the TOP OF HER LUNGS. "YOU FELT THAT I WAS TOO PLAIN FOR YOU, BUT MY LITTLE SISTER WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!" She shouted, raising a hoof to give him a good buck in the fact. She did, however, resist at the last minute, a lady doesn't use violence, after all.

Blueblood gave a sigh. He wasn't being fair, again. "Well.. I like her because she's an untapped natural beauty, while you are just the same over made ... "

Rarity stamped her hoof violently. "And what are you saying, Blueblood?" She asked, her fury dying down again. "Are you saying that my sister is a pony you can work with? Are you proposing exploiting my darling little sister?"

"But... Ms. Rarity..." he said, nervously, finding himself starting to get belligerent. "She's a full grown mare! And you are only in your late teens, there is no possible way that she could be you - " He announced, putting this broodmare back into her place.

Rarity scoffed violently. "'Vladímir'!" she said, getting back into his face. "She's only seven! She doesn't even have a cutie mark!" she said, coolly. Was he paying any attention at all?

"Preposterous!" Blueblood announced to everypony, angrily. 'Why is she being so possessive anyway?' He thought to himself, his face growing ever more sour. 'Is she really still mad about that, admittedly clumsy date between the two of us?' He asked himself, internally. 'It has to be! It's the only logical explanation.'

Blueblood scoffed, forcing himself back down out of a rear. "Why are you acting this way! It's highly uncouth!"

"Do you need me to prove why?" Rarity asked, calmly.

Blueblood nodded his head. He had won this argument! No doubt. There was no possibly proof that she could give that would change his mind!

Rarity angrily ripped the skirt her sister had been wearing off her sister's flank. Revealing a blank flank unicorn.

Blueblood recoiled in horror, as he discovered that Rarity had been right - her sister was a blank flank! An adult blank flank! And that could mean only one thing... black magic! And not blank magic, because that would be some other pony's thing!

Blueblood was on the verge of vomiting. Had he just been ogling a filly all afternoon? Had he just solicited a seven year old filly? He would be lucky if he didn't get sent to the tower! Or worse!... Banishment to the moon! Well... maybe he could push a few strings and end up in Unicornia instead, though he probably wouldn't be well liked there.

"Ms. Rarity!" he said, falling onto his hooves to beg. "Um... I can explain!" he said, the sweat dipping as his face became more and more desperate.

Rarity gave a sigh, her better nature getting the better of you. "Blueblood," she said, pointing to the door. "I don't need you to explain anything!" She announced, causing a sigh of relief from the unicorn stallion. "I just need you to leave!" She shouted, grabbing him with her magic, and tossing him out the door.

"But Rarity!" Sweetie protested. "Vladímir just wanted to help me! And he was going to show me the castle."

Rarity sighed, putting a hoof on her sister's wither. "It isn't Vladímir, it's Blueblood - Prince Blueblood! And he wasn't interested in you as a pony..." she said, with a frown. "He only was interested in you for your..." Rarity gave a sign, starting to choke on her own words. "Well... he was only interested in your... body..." she said, as quietly as she could, her eyes darting around violently.

Sweetie gave her sister a confused look. "What do you mean 'my body'? What could he possibly want with my body?"

Rarity gave a frown, looking away sadly. "Do you recall the our conversation this morning, back on the train?"

Sweetie Belle gave a nod. "You mean the one after that horrible Button incident?"

Rarity gave a frown... that's another thing she would have to describe...

***********

"Oh!" Sweetie said, looking at little peaked at the horrible secret that was just revealed to her. "So that's what a 'date' means," she said, dropping to her knees.

Rarity simply nodded her head knowingly. "Indeed..."

"EWWW!!!!!" Sweetie shrieked in horror and disgust. "What was I thinking?"

Rarity gave her a smile. "Actually what you were thinking and feeling was perfectly normal... for a mare your current physical age... But much too young for you," she said, with a frown.

"What do you mean?" Sweetie asked, in curiosity.

Rarity gave a smile. "You'll understand when you get older... Suffice it to say, nature's telling you that it's ready..." she said, looking away, a frown showing on her face. "But you're much too young for that now!"

"But I'm older than you now!" Sweetie announced, in dismay. "Will I ever be ready?"

Rarity frowned, her face growing serious. "You may be physically, but you aren't old enough, where it matters, and it's a kind of a shame that you had to lose so much of your innocence to that spell. Let us hope for Star Swirl's sake that I never have the opportunity to run into him in the Elysian Fields!"

"Oh the other hoof," Sweetie chirped. "I did have a lot of fun."

Rarity gave her a smile back. "And you shall have even more, once you are old enough to really appreciate it," she announced, starting to trot towards the door. "Hopefully you left yourself some room Sweetie, because Fancy Pants and Fleur Dis Lee request our presence tonight at the Red Rose Bistro," she said with a wink. "You know, to discuss Fleur's 'gala dress'."

"Ok!" Sweetie chirped. "But do you mind if I don't eat anything? I'm still pretty full after my dinner with Vladímir," she asked, burping quietly.

"Of course, Sweetie!" Rarity said, with a chuckle. "You'll understand when you are older."

******************

"Ahh, Rarity!" Fancy Pants said, with a chuckle. "So good of you to join us," he said, with a smile. "I was hoping we could resolve this back at my château, but you know how the misses is when it comes these kinds of things," he said, giving Rarity a hidden nod. "So, shall we get your dress measured now, or after the meal?" He asked his wife, his poker face unbroken.

"Tut tut tut Fancy Pants," she said, with a chuckle. "You only act that chummy when you are up to something, so I suggest you either spill your secret, or kindly knock it off," she suggested playfully.

"Of course, dear," he replied, putting on a fake frown. "I was hoping to have my good friend Rarity here introduce her sister: Sweetie Belle," he said, giving Rarity an invisible nudge.

"Oh of course!" Rarity said, with a fake smile. "And she's right over here," she said, pointing at her adult sister.

"But Rarity," Fancy said, putting his monocle in his eye, a confused expression on his countenance. "Your sister is eight, is she not?"

Rarity gave a pained sigh, looking over at her sister, who wore an embarrassed expression. "Can you keep a secret Fancy?" She asked quietly, causing her sister to wave her hooves in dismay, her face begging Rarity not to tell.

"Why Rarity," Fancy Pants replied, in disgust. "Must you even ask?" he said, his face looking concerned. "Certainly you and I have known each other long enough to know that I keep secrets well."

"Yes, I suppose," Rarity said, rubbing her hooves together. How should she put this so that she didn't sound like a mad mare?

Rarity gulped slightly, walking over, and picking up her sister's skirt with her magic, making a motion towards the filly's flank.

"Yes Rarity," Fleur replied, in disgust. "Your friend has a very nice flank."

"No..." Rarity replied calmly. "Don't look at her flank, look at her cutie mark."

"Very well..." Fancy replied, not sure where Rarity was going with this. "I see..." he exclaimed, his monocle dropped as the stallion froze for a second.

"Let me see," demanded Fleur in disgust, as she quickly rose, and firmly pushed her husband to one side. "If you are trying to take Fancy away from me Rarity, you can for-... WHERE'S HER CUTIE MARK!?!?!?" She cried loudly, fainting on her feet, and careening into the floor.

"Oh dear.." Fancy asked, in concern. "Whatever happened Rarity?"

Rarity gave a sign. "Sweetie somehow managed to cast a spell from the single most forbidden book of magic in all of Equestria."

"The Swirlnomicon?" Fancy asked, in fear. "That certainly can't be good," he continued, picking up his monocle from the floor. "I hear there's spells in that book that can end a unicorn's life immediately..." he said, as he started to rub off the worst of the dust using a cloth that he kept in his pocket.

Rarity smiled slightly. "Perhaps... but she, obviously, didn't cast any of them, fortunately enough."

"But let me guess..." Fancy asked. "She managed to find an age spell so simple even a filly can cast it?"

Rarity nodded.

"But one must wonder what the side effects will be," Fancy asked, contemplatively. "A spell that is both as simple and as powerful as that one certainly must have some very severe side effects."

Rarity shrugged. "Twilight doesn't think so, but I'm not so certain. In the end, though, it's hard to say."

Fancy frowned. "Let's wake Fleur, hopefully she'll be in better spirits about the development once she's awakened from her nap."

Meanwhile a couple sat at the table next door.

"Did you hear that Regal Sunbird?" The male pegasus exclaimed quietly, turning to his wife, as he spoke in a low whisper.

"Yes, I did Southern Cross! What an extremely odd turn of events," the female unicorn replied, turning to her husband. "What do you think will come out of it?"

"I thought that when that Rainboom Doosh wrote that crazy letter that she was either boasting. lying, or utterly mad, but apparently..." the male replied, a giddy expression on his face.

"She was telling the truth all along..." she replied, turning to her husband. "What do you think this means?

He shrugged his withers. "Let's go back to our room, and discuss matters further," he said, raising his hoof to motion for the wait staff.