• Published 19th Feb 2014
  • 1,786 Views, 35 Comments

Growing Up - mintgreenconspiracy



Sweetie Belle cast a spell that made herself and the rest of the CMC(excluding Babs) I to full grown mares. Problem is they still don't have their cutie marks.

  • ...
2
 35
 1,786

Chapter 2

Spike blinked open his eyes and stretched his arms. He glanced at the clock and proceeded to jump right out of bed. He had overslept and had to be out on business for Twilight. She must have been as tired as he usually is to not be awake by now. He walked over to the stairs and started to descend down them. Once he had gotten down the wooden steps he saw three unfamiliar mares looking back at him. "Who are you?" Questioned the purple and green dragon.

"I'm Applebloom. This is Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle." Said a yellow pony with a bright red mane. She then gestured to the two other ponies next to her.

"Wait. What? But you are supposed to be fillies. What happened?" Asked a confused Spike.

"We snuck into the library last night and then I did a spell to make us older. We thought that if we made ourselves older we would have the cutie mark that we would get. It says it will not give you a cutie mark if you do the spell." Explained Sweetie Belle.

"The spell took so much out of Sweetie Belle we're going to be stuck like this for at least a week." Chimed in Scootaloo.

"Well Twilight could do the spell for you." Suggested Spike.

"Unless she wants to become a filly again, I don't think so." Countered Applebloom.

"You could stay here until you can do the spell." Offered Spike.

"My family would get worried if I wasn't around." Said Applebloom.

"My sister would be the same." Added Sweetie Belle.

"And Rainbow Dash would wonder where her number one fan is." Said Scootaloo.

"Oh." Said Spike. He was out of ideas

"I guess we could tell our family and friends. It would be for the best." Just as Sweetie Belle had finished that sentence the stairs creaked under the weight of a pony

"Spike? Are you down here?" Called Twilight. "Who are these ponies? Are they here for a book?" Twilight's eyes lit up at the thought of her last sentence.

"Relax Twilight. It's just the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Sweetie Belle cast a spell that made them older. They had hoped it would give them cutie marks but as you see, that is not the case. They need a week to cast the spell again." Explained Spike

"Oh" The light in Twilight's eyes shrunk considerably. As they were chatting in the kitchen they heard the bell that meant there was a person coming into the library. "Stay here." Twilight told the Cutie Mark Crusaders. She walked out into the main part of the library. Standing there was Fluttershy waiting patiently.

"Hi Twilight." Said Fluttershy's nearly inaudible voice. "Could you get me Everfree Animals: A Reference Guide. I mean if you don't mind." Just then the door to the kitchen burst open with the cutie mark crusaders flying out of it.

"Oh hey Fluttershy." Said Applebloom. Twilight started staring daggers at the trio.

"Hi... Um?" Fluttershy stuttered.

"Applebloom. And this is Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle."

Author's Note:

Not much of a cliffhanger. Sorry. I just wanted to finish this story and submit it. Like the last chapter, tell me if I got anything wrong. The next chapter will be out by next week. Until then, Bubble Berry out!