• Published 23rd Mar 2012
  • 8,544 Views, 276 Comments

From man to mare: Chaotic convergence - The Psychopath



Derry Wilhall, now a mare, will go through more dark times in his new life.

  • ...
21
 276
 8,544

Reaching through

As Twilight fought the serpent, Cyclon pushed through to reach the pool of wraiths. He didn't know why...but he felt something about that mare that pushed him further than just he needs to uphold his reputation and clear his name. The Sparkle did nothing while both ponies were doing their respective tasks. The Giga Sparkle may have been a powerful being outside, but inside, this was the mind of Derry Wilhall, and he, despite having mental changes, controlled everything here. Only outside help could change everything.

The serpent had seen exactly what Cyclon was trying to do. It tried to push Twilight Sparkle away and smash that puny creature, but Twilight grabbed it with a levitation spell and threw it far away on the other side of the 'room'. Cyclon had finally reached the pool, and the wraiths continued to torment Silver. Constantly spinning. Constantly harassing. Constantly insulting.

"Hey! Leave her alone!"

The wraiths turned to see this new victim. He seemed to be full of bravery and strength. How long would it take to break him? Each wraith took their turn to talk.

"Well what do we have here?"

"It looks like this one is full of compassion."

"And strength."

"What shall we do with him?"

"Perhaps talk about his brother?"

"What about my brother? And which one?" said Cyclon.

He only looked at Silver who still being tormented by a few wraiths. She was struggling to look at Cyclon as modified versions of her memories swirled around her, and the water she was in continued to crush her legs.

"You know exactly who were are talking about."

"I believe Stonehenge Opal rings a bell."

"How do you-"

"-know about him? We are chaos. We know everything that is known throughout the world."

"And we can even tell you about how your brother died and that you couldn't do anything to help him."

" How about we return to that fateful day?"

"NO!"

But it was too late. Cyclon found himself donning the golden armor of the basic royal guard. He was with several others, and even Bullseye was there. He was notably less muscular than the general Cyclon knew now. The soldier was in the mountains, standing on a rather "flat" area of the giant rock. Flat, if it wasn't for the numerous "plates" that had been formed in the area. The far right side showed the rest of the climbing mountain side stretching ever higher into the heavens. Cyclon couldn't help but see the destroyed camp and the fleeing ponies running away from what he feared the most in his life. There were other guards that were being thrown several feet away in the air. Although Cyclon's heart pounded with fear, he had to be certain.

He turned around to see the golem of the Antarak mountains fighting off the guardsmen. This gigantic beast of stone stood on four legs, had very long and powerful arms with equally long fingers, and it's head showed a portion of the right side to be "swollen" due to excess of stone formation. Bullseye wasn't doing much to it, besides chipping off a little piece here and there. Cyclon saw that his brother and a few other trapped geologists were standing right behind it. It was never known why this beast made such a long trip from its mountains to these ones, but it wasn't friendly at all.

Cyclon tried to change things this time. He ran towards the beast and jumped on its chest, much to the protests of Bullseye. Cyclon fought it once, and knew it's weak spot. The pony held onto the creatures neck, infuriating it. The lumbering stone mobster tried to punch it's nuisance, but Cyclon let go just before the fist impacted. A hole was blown through the chest, revealing the creature's pinkish core. The stallion grabbed ahold of a jagged piece of stone with his teeth and jumped back onto the creature's chest and into the hole. A loud grunt was heard, and the beast fell down, while pink goo spewed from the hole. The golem was slain. Cyclon came out, covered in that nasty goo. The soldiers came by and praised him for this incredible feat. He was proud of himself. However, as Stonehenge marched forward to thank his brother, a voice echoed throughout the area:

"Ah,ah,ah! Nonono. You cannot change what has been done, no matter how hard you try."

"No, wait!"

The golem's core started to function again. It stood up and quickly spun around towards Stonehenge who was starting to step back, along with the other geologists. The creature marched forward and pounded the ground right where Stonehenge was standing. It then reached into the rock and started pulling out the plate all the ponies were on. None of them could get off in time, simply due to the speed that the golem was ripping the plate off. With the plate now bent at a ninety degree angle, everypony fell off into the misty deeps that surrounded their area. The forest would retrieve them.

Cyclon fell to his knees, his face wrought with disbelief and horror. The memory faded, and the wraiths reappeared, spinning around their new victim.

"You see! No matter what you do, you will never be able to save anypony. Never! You couldn't save your brother or those other ponies, and you certainly will not be able to save HER!" yelled the wraith as it pointed towards Silver.

Cyclon looked up to see that this place was disintegrating as well. However, what really clicked in his mind was the state Silver was in. Cyclon retrieved his sense and stood up proudly. The wraiths were caught aback by this sudden mood change. They did not perform well enough?

"I do not fear my past anymore. I have long since gotten over that incident. Those who are stuck in the past will never be ready for the future. I will save Silver, and I'll show you evil spirits that I CAN save anypony that I want to."

"You'll never succeed!"

"Yes I will!"

Cyclon started to run through the creatures who dissipated every time he touched them. They kept trying to reform bad memories of his to hinder his progress, but Cyclon pushed on and broke through those memories like a train through glass. He jumped into the pool of water, that immediately rose up and started to form itself all over his body. It started to crush him, but he pressed forward and finally reached Silver.

"Silver...I know you're there. Listen to me. Whatever happened before in your world, it will not happen here. We are all here to help you and become friends. You may not believe me, but this is how it is. Do not believe these...ugh...horrors! They'll....only lie to you. You are not a horrible mare, nor do I care about what happened to you in the past. I won't let the same things happen to you now."

The liquid seemed to start to shake as it tried desperately to crush Cyclon, but it was losing it's strength.

"You are not chaos. You are not evil. You have actually shown yourself to be much kinder than anypony would have guessed. I heard it from ALL of your friends. So, trust me when I say this: I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again."

The serpent Twilight was fighting gave out a terrifying scream of pain, as did the wraiths. The world started to reform as Silver stood up and swiped the water off of Cyclon and grabbed ahold of him unsuspectingly.

In the real world, Twilight and Cyclon had been placed away from Silver, whose body had started to sport weird traits. Her wings and horn had begun to solidify, and she started to grow in size. It is only with a sudden blast wave that everything disappeared. A bright flash, and everything was over. Everypony was thrown far away from the blast zone. Even the princesses, who were still in Canterlot castle, saw the flash as the chaotic magic flew out of Silver's body and dissipated in the air. What would happen next?