• Published 21st May 2014
  • 534 Views, 7 Comments

In Perfect Harmony - Sakura



The wielders of the Elements of Harmony are combined in one pony to save Equestria.

  • ...
3
 7
 534

Prologue

BOOM.

Thunder rumbled across the gray sky as rain began to fall on the lone pony walking on the path towards Ponyville. Upon closer inspection, one would see that the pony was a unicorn mare wearing a cloak and pulling a small cart covered with a tarp. She looked up at the sky, rain falling on her muzzle. She sighed, looked forward again, and continued on her way on the path to Ponyville.

The rain was falling heavier now, turning the dirt road into slick mud. The mare noticed this and slowed her pace to keep from slipping. However, not soon after, the mare took and awkward step, lost her balance, and fell over on in the middle of the road.

The mare groaned and tried to stand up, pain rippling through her left shoulder. Shrugging it off, she stood up, only to have her left leg give out, causing her to fall over again. Realizing that her leg was more injured than she previously thought, she tried a new strategy. Shifting some of her weight to her right leg to minimize the pain in the other, she slowly let her right leg straighten, lifting her body into a sitting position. After a few seconds, she straightened her back legs so she was fully standing.

Breathing heavily for a few seconds, the mare tested how much weight she could put on her left leg. Her results were that she could walk at a slow pace with a limp.

BOOM.

The mare looked up at the sky again, remembering that she had to get moving before the storm got worse. Looking around herself, she realized that both that cart and her leg would slow her down. She'd better start moving. Lifting her legs, she began to slowly move forward.

A short while later, a sign came into view. In the distance, a small town could be seen. Arriving at the sign, the mare read it.

Welcome to Ponyville.

She smiled, knowing her long journey would soon over. She sped up her pace as much as her leg would allow, which was not much faster then her current pace, but not that it mattered to the unicorn. Just a few more strides and she'd have made it to Ponyville.

With a newly found confident spring in her wearied step, passed the first building - a house, it seemed - in Ponyville. Stopping, she reached into the cart with her magic, which was cerulean blue, pulled out a guidebook, and using her magic to shield it from the rain. Opening to the index, she started browsing its contents.

"Hotels and inns . . . historical landmarks . . . ah, restaurants and diners."

Flipping to the restaurants and diners section, she continued to browse.

"The Haystack . . .Galloping Pony . . . Esperanza . . . yes, here it is. SugarCube Corner."

A smirk flashed across the mare's face. She knew one of the Elements of Harmony had residence there. Putting the guidebook back in her cart, she continued walking, but instead of turning on the path to SugarCube Corner, she turned on the path to the town library.

Since it was a short walk to the Golden Oaks Library, the mare arrived there in a matter of minutes. She raised her hoof and knocked on the door.

A few seconds later, a purple unicorn came to the door, a look of curiosity on her face. "Hello? Miss? Why are you out in this storm? Please, come inside and get dry."

The mare nodded, unhooking herself from the cart and walking inside. She removed the hood of her cloak, revealing her fur was a dark, royal blue color, and her mane was a light blue color, which fell over her left eye. When she spoke, her voice had melodic tone to it.

"Thank you for your kindness, miss." She paused, hanging up her cloak. "I'm sorry, I don't think I got your name . . . "

The purple unicorn's expression changed to one of surprise. "Oh! I'm sorry! My name is Twilight Sparkle, Ponyville's resident librarian. Pleased to meet you!" Twilight held out her hoof. "What's your name? I don't think you said yours."

"My name is Supernova, but you can just call me Nova." Nova held out her hoof, shaking hers with Twilight's. "I'm here in Ponyville doing research on the Elements of Harmony."

Twilight smiled. "Elements of Harmony, huh? Well, I'd be happy to help you in your research if necessary."

Nova shook her head. "No, I'm sorry. This is something I have to do alone." A look of sympathy replaced her smile. "Sorry to change the subject, but do you think I could stay here tonight?"

Twilight nodded. "Of course! I'll move to the basement. Now, you don't have a problem with dragons, do you?"

Nova shook her head again. "No, not at all. Why?"

"Oh, it's just that Spike, my number one assistant, is a baby dragon. He sleeps in a basket at the foot of my bed." Twilight explained. "I'll move him down in the basement with me if you're bothered by that."

"No. Leave him be. If he wakes up I'll explain to him why I'm in your bed." Nova replied.

Twilight nodded again. "Okay. Well, in that case, I'm going to go turn in for the night. See you in the morning." Twilight turned and headed down the stairs. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." Nova replied. She then turned, headed up the stairs, and tucked into bed, careful to avoid Spike. Thinking, she wrote a quick note and placed beside Spike's basket.

Spike,

Hello, my name is Nova, and I am in Ponyville doing research on the Elements of Harmony. Twilight has generously offered her bed for me tonight, so please don't be alarmed when you see me in the morning.

Thank You,
Nova

With that, she tucked into Twilight's bed, instantly getting drowsy. Quickly falling asleep, she had one last thought on her mind.

Everything is falling into place perfectly.

Comments ( 7 )

they Elements of Harmony are summoned to save the day.

I think you meant *the* instead of *they*

4423455 Oops! Fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out!

*Heats up some popcorn*

Hmm, Storm, elements, Hospitality, and inc trouble.

*Takes out popcorn*
What kinda ride will this be a wonder.

---

and fell over on in the middle of the road.

∆∆∆
And one about her long journey.
Being over soon.
--

Hmmm can't what to see what happens, excellent chapter by the way!:ajsmug:

i can't wait for the next chapters . :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment