• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 21,077 Views, 1,149 Comments

Son of Invention - Zman537



What would you do, if your world inadvertently changed around you, and you were marked as a villain? Inventions are created by necessity, creativity, and chance. So an Invention was made in more ways than one.

  • ...
98
 1,149
 21,077

Securing a Ship

(Invention)

It wasn’t long before I felt the ship lurch slightly. For me and everyone else aboard, it was a sign that we were beginning our departure. I peered out from behind my crate and looked around the cargo hold, spotting two crewmembers lounging about. I reached into my coat and pulled out one of my flashbangs, clicking the top before sliding it across the ground.

“Huh?” One of the two looked down at it when it bumped against his foot, kneeling down to look at it curiously. “What’s this?”

I pulled back behind the crates and pulled my hat down over my eyes. The flash detonated soon after, and the crewman was sent stumbling back into the other deckhand, crying out as he covered his eyes and the other stumbling. I rushed out from behind the crates and kicked the downed crewman in the head, knocking him out, before rushing to the second one and putting him in a choke hold, using the flat of my blade to add more leverage to my grip. A few moments of struggling that mainly consisted of him trying to bash me off of his back with some crates were all that happened before he passed out.

I released him enough to catch the unconscious man and drag him to the crates I hid behind earlier, before doing the same to the first one I had knocked out. Time to go up top. I walked over to the ladder on the far side of the room, moving closer to the hatch that lead above deck. When I got close to the doorway, I could hear the crew above me moving about. The blast from earlier must have sounded like an attack and set them on high alert. Setting another flash bang on the ground just outside the hatch and ducked back inside, I waited for the telltale ringing to know when it had gone off.

“Hey, what’s th-” A loud bang soon interrupted the crewman who had found the flash and I darted up the ladder again, bursting through the hatch and quickly looking around. There were three in front of me, and the rest were located out of sight outside or inside the ship’s hold. I rushed the first, smashing my elbow into his face and sending him to the ground, before grabbing a second crewmember, kicking his feet from under him and flipping him onto his back, pushing down on his head as I did to knock him out. The third however had managed to regain his wits by the time I had gotten over to him, stumbling out of the way when I made to strike his head. “I-Intruder!”

Damn. I grabbed the back of his uniform, causing him to stumble before I struck him in the back of the head with the butt of my sword. As he crumpled into the ground, I heard an army of approaching footsteps. I turned heel and ran for the main deck of the ship. It would be easier to deal with a large number of hostiles in a larger area, rather than on the narrow walkway that resided on the sides. Immediately as I got into the open, the entirety of the crew were around me, totaling at fifteen sets of weapons aimed and scowls abound. Behind me, the captain of the ship walked forward and had a pistol trained for my head.

“Well, what do we have here? A little troublemaker on my ship?” he asked with a smirk and a glint in his eyes.

I kept my face neutral as I turned to face him directly. “Of sorts. I was in need of a ship and happened to come across yours.” I pulled out my last flashbang and flipped it open, looking at the time it was set for and clicking the top. “Care for the time?”

His smirk turned sinister. “I’d say it’s time for you to-!” I threw the watch up into the air and pulled my hat down quickly, just as the blast blinded the crew members that had watched it accend.

“Wrong,” I darted forward and snatched his pistol from his hands, kicking him back and sending him into some barrels. I backhanded the crewman next to me and shot the next crewman in the knees. A few shots rang out from the other crew members, but they all went wild, a few even hitting each other and disabling another four. “It’s time for you to surrender.”

“Heh. Clever little sneak,” he said with a grin. “Do you have any idea who you’re dealing with? Or even what you’re dealing with?”

I smiled politely and tipped my hat. “Not in the slightest. But that won’t matter if you’re all unconscious now will it?” I whipped my pistol out and fired a sleep round into the ground in front of a cluster of crewmembers, causing them to cough and wheeze before passing out. I moved off to the side to avoid the moving cloud of gas and threw another crewmember into it.

“Not bad powder, kid, but I think I like mine better,” the captain said, having retreated to the other side of the ship before grabbing a handful of the strange powder I had found earlier from a crate and shoving it into his face, inhaling deeply. The few airman who were still conscious backed away as he coughed before smiling the widest, most sinister looking smile I’d seen in quite a while. “Not sure what’s gonna happen, but I’m sure it’ll be fun… except for you.”

I narrowed my eyes and rested my hand on my sword. There was something off about the powder if his confidence was anything to go by. He knew something that I didn’t.

Maybe I should just take care of him before-

My eyes widened in shock as the captain shot a fireball from his hands, blasting the doorway behind me as I barely jumped out of the way and burning it to ashes in mere seconds.

What the hell!? I glanced behind me and stared at the scorch mark that was left behind in shock. Elves are only supposed to be capable of Erde magics and Leben magics! How can this man suddenly cast an Arcana spell?

My attention was drawn back to the captain as he shouted in glee. “WOO!” He reared his hand bank, summoning another fireball into his palm. “NOW THAT’S A RUSH!” He threw another one at me which I rolled out of the way off and fired an ice bullet at him, only for him to evaporate it mid-flight with a wave of fire. “WHAT’S WRONG K-KID!?” He asked, his eye, mouth, and even ear twitching. “YOU WERE T-T-TALKING ALL THAT HOT SSSSSSSSHIT BEFORE, THEN YOU G-GOT A FIREBALL HURLED AT YOUR DAMN FACE!” Even as he spoke boils began to show up all over his body.

I glanced behind him and grimaced at the sight of the barrels. Whatever is in the powder on this ship is corrupting him and his magic in ways it shouldn’t have been even imagined. Another fireball forced me to roll off to the side again and a scowl formed across my face.

I needed to do something to either knock this madman out, or draw out the fight long enough that he falls on his own. Slowly standing back up and brushed some soot off of my shoulder, I rested my hand . “It seems I underestimated you.” I sliced through the next fireball he hurled at me and glared into what was left of his eyes. “You’re clearly more deranged than I first thought.”

SSSSSSSHUT U-UP AND D-D-DIE!” he screamed before going mad and shooting fireballs wildly, setting the ship on fire and even hitting some of his crewmen who weren’t able to dodge.

Damn! If this keeps up there won’t be a ship left!

I flipped over one of his attacks and reached into my coat, pulling out the one freeze blast I had. “Make this count.” Clicking the top down, I quickly slammed the watch at the deck, causing it to get embedded into the boards where they had been burned slightly. “Two minutes.”

The captain cackled maniacally as he raised his hand above his head, summoning a large fireball. “BURN! B-BURN! B-BURN YOU P-P-PIECE OF SSSSSSSSHIT!” he yelled as his boils began to pop, leaking some kind of goo all over his body. I watched in a slightly fascinated horror as the skin that came in contact burned immediately. Whatever this elven man had ingested was corrupting him more than I thought, and at a much faster rate then naturally possible.

I turned my attention back to the fireball as I pulled out my pistol and loaded in the emerald round that was originally in my coat. If I was right about the magic still flowing correctly, if somewhat twisted, then a direct shot should cause enough backlash to disable the spell and render him unconscious without harm.

I ducked to the side as another fireball blasted through the ship’s railing, leaving nothing more than charred embers. Taking aim as I came to a crouch and the mad captain charged a larger fireball, a hole was blasted through his next spell the moment I pulled the trigger.

What happened next, was not what I had hoped for.

While yes, the spell had been dissipated due to the interruption, the magics fueling it began to rush back into the elven captain, making the boils and acidic fluids pouring out of him begin to grow brighter as he screamed in pain. I saw smoke begin to rise off of his body and I quickly ducked behind the few barrels that had yet to be destroyed by the skirmish.

The heat from the explosion could be felt even from behind my cover, even though it only lasted a moment. I also heard a disgusting series of “splats”, the sound of something wet hitting walls and floors, followed by a sizzling noise. I looked up and saw what was left of the lunatic dissolving, leaving no trace of him behind other than a black spot on the ground.

After a few moments, the other crew members began to come back onto the deck of the ship and looked to where their captain had been before turning back to me. I noticed some of them were tending burn wounds, likely inflicted by their late captain in his rage. “So, any of you feel particularly inclined to avenge him?” I asked. They glanced at each other nervously, backing away from me slightly before a larger elf walked forward and raised his hands.

The elf had no hair, but his cold gaze showed that he held some authority on the ship. As he walked forward, hands held above his head, the elf remained disturbingly calm despite his superior’s demise. “We surrender.”

I nodded. “Thank you. Now if you could kindly set this airship down, I can have you off it without any fuss.” I glanced at the watch that was still in the ship’s deck and started walking for the ship’s interior. “We also may want to get inside.”

The crewmen all hurried into the ship after glancing at the watch. It was almost like watching an army of various animals trying to get through the same small hole. The larger elf and I followed them in calmly and shut the door behind us. I looked over at him and took note of how his uniform was less damaged than the others. “I take it that you were the second in command?”

A brief nod was all the response I received before he spoke. “Indeed.” He looked over at a crew member off towards the back. “Greenhorn! Get this ship grounded!”

The elf stood and gave a brief salute before rushing off to what I assumed was the ship’s navigation or engine rooms. Hopefully it wasn’t outside at the moment if the former was the case. I would rather not also freeze an elf to death as well.

I turned back to the larger elf and began to walk towards an overturned crate that was off to the side. “Thank you, but there is something else I wish to know,” I said picking up some of the spilled cargo in my hand, looking over the small purple pouch for a moment. “Namely, what in god’s name is this powder, and why is it being sold to a hospital?”

The large elf remained stoic, but spoke nonetheless. “I can only tell you of what it is, as it is generally public knowledge. The substance that our captain consumed is known as Mineral powder. It is commonly used as a medicine, but is unstable in excessively large amounts.”

“I see.” A glance at the window was all I could spare before a boom could be heard and felt from inside. “It should be safe to exit the room now, and any fire should be put out.” I pulled out a different watch, engraved with a small flame, and looked at the time. “Do be mindful though that I can easily undo that, should you not listen to reason.”

“We won’t try anything,” the bald elf replied, as he and the rest of his crew headed for the hold through a hatch on the floor.

I glanced over at him as I headed for the doorway that we had entered from. “You won’t. I can tell that you are the most level headed on the ship. The rest of your crew mates however, I do not trust in the slightest.” A scoff escaped my lips once I was a bit further out on the deck. “That is not to say that I trust you either. There is one thing that I wish to know before we land.”

“I can’t promise I’ll have an answer for you,” he replied. I noticed him look at one of the crew members and subtly shake his head. The crewman pulled his arm away from a crowbar and kept walking.

“To my memory, I recall there was a younger lad on the ship before it left Canterlot.” I ran a hand along the railing of the ship as it started to scrape against the tips of the trees that we were descending into. “Whatever happened to that young boy? I don’t believe he was involved in our little skirmish earlier.”

“The captain had a habit of locking him away in the storage closet, along with anyone else who he felt like taking his anger out on,” he shook his head in disgust. “Honestly, that boy isn’t suited to this life at all. I think the captain kept him around solely for his sick amusement.”

I frowned as I listened. “Is that so?” Taking a step away from the railing, due to the branches getting too close, I walked over towards the mast and looked it over. It seemed to be just fine, if only to last the month. “Then I’ve come to a decision over what will be allowed to leave the ship upon our landing.”

“You’re taking the boy?” he asked, shadows from the branches slowly creeping up both our bodies as we got closer to the ground. “What do you intend to do with him?”

A small tremor ran through my legs as the ship made contact with the rough forest terrain. I felt a small smile crawl onto my face as I heard the ship’s cargo bay open. “Since I plan on leaving this country, I will simply take him with me and possibly find a more suitable home for him. Whether or not this succeeds will be another matter altogether. Though, I believe that the chances are higher than average.”

The bald elf smirked. “That’s surprising. I’m happy to hear that you’ll try, but I doubt you’ll succeed. You know nothing of how elven society works.”

“If I fail, then I’ll accept that failure with dignity.” A chuckle ran it’s way across my tongue as I tipped my hat. “After all, it won’t be the first child I’ve raised.” I ignored the elven man after that and looked over at his compatriots as they stood just outside of the ship. “Also, you may want to be leaving. I’ll allow you some munitions and rifles so that you’ll be able to hunt, but that will be all I will allow. The powder stays regardless of it’s original purposes.”

The bald elf groaned, but nodded. “We’re going to catch Tartarus for this,” he muttered under his breath. I glanced over once more and saw a nervous glint in the man’s eyes. This powder must be more than I suspect, or there’s something else on the ship of higher value. Taking note to explore the ship later, I followed him down to the cargo hold and watched over the three men he had pull the crate of firearms off of the ship and into the forest. Once it was unloaded, I turned one last time to the large elven man and pressed a switch on the wall, causing the back of the ship to close once more. “I thank you for the ship. Do take care out in the forest, it’s become a touch different than when I last saw it.”

With the doors now closed, I turned heel to head back up to the deck, and shortly after, the ship’s bridge and navigation. Seeing as I never saw a helm or other form of steering on the ship’s exterior during my skirmish with the late captain, it only led me to believe that the flight controls may be inside the bridge, or somewhere else of importance to the vessel’s captain. Heading up a small flight of stairs on the ship's deck lead to an overly decorated and lavished room. The captain clearly had a.... fondness for himself. A disturbing fondness, that was painted across the room with portraits and murals on almost every piece of furniture and wall that occupied the immediate area. “This.... is getting destroyed. No, incinerated rather than destroyed. Much more permanent that way.”

A thump and muffled cry from across the room drew my attention to a smaller doorway that was partially obscured by a gold plated bookshelf. More than likely, this was the broom closet that the cabin boy was currently locked in. A small thought crept to mind of letting him out, but the thought of him panicking and rushing off the ship into the wilderness also came to mind. While cruel to some measure, It’d be best overall if I left him there for the time being. First, I had to get this ship off of the ground. “Now, where would the main controls be?” I caught a glimpse of a ladder next to the door I’d come in from and smiled. “There’s a start.” I quickly headed over to the ladder, ascending to a small hatch and finding myself entering a smaller room that had a full view of the deck. Along the window, there was a large control panel with a wooden wheel affixed to the centermost location. Seems I’ve found the bridge. Now, to find the ignition controls.

As I started to look over the various readings that the control panel showed, I noticed something peculiar. The overall layout and design was reminding me of aircrafts from my old home. This could have been a simple coincidence if they had been done differently, but with how alike they were in both position on the controls, and the style of the readings, it made me worry about how these elves could have gotten ahold of this. There was another part that was more concerning though, and it also affected my current situation. “I never did learn how to fly a plane. There is a faint recalling of attempting to do so on my bucket list. That memory is probably one of the clearest, but that’s not saying much when I can’t even remember my old name.” A beat passed before I sighed and placed a hand on my head. “And now I’m talking to myself again. I really was in that garden for far too long.”


(Highwind)

After spending the entirety of the day running to the city limits, Highwind and the others eventually managed to reach Canterlot. A quick check through the city gates, and they were all headed for the Castle proper. When they arrived, they were stopped by the guards at the gate. “Lieutenant Highwind? What are you doing here? I thought you were stationed in Manehatten.”

"This is Lieutenants Highwind, Whirlwind, and Ironsides with a priority message for Princess Celestia! We have Ambassador Sterling Mind from Luonto with a matter of national security! Requesting the Princess' attention immediately!" Highwind shouted to the castle guards, standing erect and as professional as he could.

"Also, Manehattan has been attacked by changelings! We don't know their current condition as we were sent as escorts!" Whirlwind added.

These guys keep surprising me every day. Highwind thought, noting the tailchaser's professionalism.

The guard’s eyes widened briefly for a moment before he grimaced and let them in. “Go straight to the princesses. They’ll want to hear about what happened to the city.”

“Of course. Come on,” Highwind ordered as he led the other three inside. Almost immediately, they were near overwhelmed by the chaos within the ornate castle. Ponies were galloping down the corridors, some with papers, some just in panic, and others trying to reign control of the situation.

Sterling Mind looked at the spectacle in surprise and shock, barely avoiding getting trampled as he clutched his racing heart and got behind Highwind. “O-Oh dear. This may hinder help being sent over....”

“It’s not like we’ve got no problems here in Equestria,” Whirlwind commented.

“Yeah, I mean just recently some thousand-year old inventor got out of a stone prison,” Ironsides added.

Sterling’s ears perked up slightly as he looked over at Ironsides. “Thousand.... year inventor?” Highwind’s brow furrowed in confusion for a moment. It was like the elf he was staring at knew something.

He shook his head briefly before looking over at Ironside’s and Whirlwind. “Can it, you two. That’s classified. We’ve got more immediate problems,” Highwind ordered as they approached the throne room.

The guards at the door looked up at Sterling for a moment and their eyes widened. “The Ambassador... wait, no you’re the ambassador’s son. We were not informed that you were coming.”

Highwind raised an eyebrow as he looked at Sterling, but it was ignored as the elf bowed. “I’m here as a replacement for my father. May I speak with the princesses?”

“Of course,” the guard replied before turning to Highwind. “Lieutenant, we’ve been informed of the emergency. You come in to get debriefed as well. The two of you, you’re dismissed.”

Whirlwind and Ironside’s nodded before the pegasus looked over at Highwind and smiled. “We’ll see ya later I guess?”

Highwind grumbled to himself for a moment and turned to the door. Not likely. “Sure.”

“C’mon. After all this, I could use some comfort food,” Ironsides quipped to his friend as they trotted off.

Whirlwind shook his head with a laugh. “You always could use some comfort food. You’re a dang trash compactor.”

“Yeah? Well try and tell me you’re not going to find the first mare you can and boast about how you broke through the ranks of a wild changeling invasion, conveniently forgetting to mention that you had help?”

“Embellishment is not frowned upon when used in moderation.”

Highwind sighed to himself as he looked over at Sterling, the elf seeming amused by the duo’s antics. “Let’s head inside ambassador. The sooner this is dealt with the better.”

“Yes, quite right,” he replied.

As they both entered Highwind found something that the elf said nagging at him. By the time he approached to Princesses and bowed he realized what it was. He didn’t stutter.

“Lieutenant Highwind, it is good to see you back,” Celestia began before turning to the ambassador. “And you are?”

“Sterling Mind, your majesty. Current Ambassador of Luonto.”

Celestia seemed surprised at first before an amused smile crossed her face. “Ambassador? Did your father finally retire after nearly seventy years?”

Sterling’s face fell into a small frown. “He’s missing... actually. As are several hundred of our citizens.” The elf bowed down, getting on one knee as he continued. “I am here on behalf of the current royals in power, the prince and princess, requesting for help from Equestria.”

Both the Princess recoiled in shock before sharing a nervous glance with each other.

“The Prince and Princess? You mean to say that the King and Queen-?”

“Are missing as well, your highness,” he finished.

Both of the princesses were silent for a moment before coming to a silent agreement. “I see. We will inquire into more specifics later, but for now rest easy and know that we fully intend to help your people through these troubled times,” Luna replied.

Celestia looked over at the guards nearest to the throne. “Private Quicksilver, please escort the ambassador to the guest chambers.” The guard saluted before ushering the elf out and opening the door. “Lieutenant, we understand you have your own report to make?”

Highwind saluted as he rose from his own bowing. “Yes your majesty. While we were stationed in Manehattan, a large swarm of Changelings attacked. However, this was different from what we normally have seen as it wasn’t a coordinated strike but a massive and chaotic assault. In addition, they seemed more… feral than usual, completely dropping their disguises and just attacking whatever pony was closest to them.”

“I see. That is quite worrying,” Celestia replied.

“We commend you for protecting the ambassador under such extreme circumstance,” Luna added. “But what of the city?”

Highwind paused for a moment, noticing their reactions… or rather, lack of reaction. They were completely shocked to hear Sterling Mind’s report, but barely bat an eye at mine? Were they expecting to hear something like this?

“I’m not sure. Last we saw the Guard was doing it’s best to combat the situation. Captain Gear Twist gave us high-priority to make sure the ambassador reached Canterlot. I personally recommend sending a full squadron to check on the situation, just in case things didn’t go well.”

“Agreed. If we wait for a response it might be too late,” Luna replied with a nod.

Celestia nodded in agreement. “As for you, your orders are to stay in Canterlot. There will be a battalion sent to help Manehatten, as well as the other cities that have reported similar incidences.”

“Other cities?” he asked.

“Three others have also been struck, and their reports came before yours.” Luna frowned as she spoke. “Baltimare, Van Hoofer, and Las Pegasus. Hopefully, your report is the last to come to us.”

“Hopefully,” he agreed.

“Thank you for your hard work, Lieutenant Highwind. Please take leave until you receive your next assignment. You are dismissed.” Celestia commanded.

Highwind bowed for a moment before he left the throne room. Once he was out of the doors, the guard next to him sighed. “You’re a lot luckier than the other three guys.”

Highwind spared him a brief glance before he responded. “And what of them?”

The guard shook his head. “All of them are in the infirmary. One lost his wings and the others both have broken horns. I’m not gonna say names, but we had to... put down one of their companions. Bite on the leg he’d tried to hide.”

Highwind grimaced. “I see. It’s a risk we all take, but that doesn’t make it any less difficult to deal with.”

The guard nodded in agreement. “Yeah.” A shake of the head later, the guard smirked. “But I overheard that you’re to take it easy. I think those two knuckleheads you were with went to the Slavid Mare.”

Highwind sighed internally at the thought of even bothering to look for those two, let alone going to a bar as seedy as the one that was named. Yes, there was a supposedly famous musician that performed there, but he would rather stuff his head down a changeling’s throat then go inside to find out. “I’ll be sure to keep that in mind.”

Just as he turned to leave, Highwind’s neck bristled as he heard someone shout from behind him. “Hey! Lieutenant!” You’ve got to be kidding me...

Whirlwind trotted up to Highwind with a smirk and started to walk alongside him. “So, how’d it go? They sending any help?”

“An entire battalion. Hopefully it won’t be needed,” Highwind replied.

“Nice, but I meant the whole, you know… deal,” he stressed the word.

At least he has enough sense not to spill classified information in public. “They agreed to that too, but that’s hardly a surprise.”

Whirlwind nodded in agreement. “Yeah, The princess always has had a soft side for helping other nations.” They were both silent for a moment before Whirlwind frowned. “Course.... then there’s that Sterling guy.”

Highwind’s interest peaked for a moment. “What of him?”

“I dunno,” Whirlwind started. “He just... rubs me wrong for some reason.”

“Yeah, me too. Though I can’t place why,” Highwind muttered. “Wait… where’s your friend?”

A chuckle came from Whirlwind as he looked out one of the windows. “Heh, where do you think? The glutton’s probably on his third salad bowl down at the bar already.” They soon reached the front doors of the castle and the pegasus stopped. “So.... want to head out and just have some fun? You could use it after all we’ve been through, I know I do.”

Highwind paused for a moment and thought it over. Honestly.... I don’t exactly have anything better to do besides head for the barracks or train, and it was an order. “Alright, I’ll humor you.”

“Sweet! Now we’re talking! Let’s get you a tall stiff one and see how you do with the ladies!” Whirlwind exclaimed as he wrapped his foreleg around Highwind’s neck, causing the latter’s eye to twitch.

I’m instantly regretting this decision.

As Whirlwind dragged his superior off out of the castle, they both missed one of the vases down the hallway distort for a brief moment, seemingly covered in a flat coating of black bubbles before returning to normal.

Author's Note:

HOLY Balls! I spent way too long putting this off. I mean, I was originally planning on this being longer, but I just couldn't think of how I could put what I wanted into this chapter without it seeming out of place. So, after fighting myself about it for at least...... holy, that's a long time, I decided to just cut it and put it in another chapter.

I am a scatter brained peekaboo from Hades' armpits and I apologize for taking so damn long with this.

Comments ( 55 )

Hey man, i was just about to send you a message if you wanted to work on this. Sorry it took me so long. Decided to split it up, huh? Well, I've got more time to work now, so just say when.

Oh, BTW, got a little problem with italics and stuff not showing up.

6064172 Don't worry, I'll be sure to send you the new doc when I can. But first, I have to stop laughing at your new User image.

Poor, poor Flutters. :rainbowlaugh:

Great chapter.

6064179 Excited for the next chapter.Please continue.

My attention was drawn back to the captain as he shouted in glee. “WOO!” He reared his hand bank, summoning another fireball into his palm.

Small typo, glad to see this story back up.

Was that an Eternal Sonata reference my eye did spy? :pinkiehappy:

I like this story a lot (especially Invention), it's just hard to follow all the point of view changes x-x

6064612 i remember that problem, but i am happy for a new chapter after a while.

The guard shook his head. “All of them are in the infirmary. One lost his wings and the others both have broken horns. I’m not gonna say names, but we had to... put down one of their companions. Bite on the leg he’d tried to hide.”

okay if i understand it right, then hey say, that if he got bite by a changeling, he has to be killed? Do the Changelings here the same thing like Zombies?

Maybe i translated it wrong, or i just forgot something from the story, but it would be weird if i am right.

the chapter was not bad

In response to author's note, I'm just glad it happened, not that it didn't happen exactly the way we'd like it to :yay:

Yay its back much love for Inventor!

6065806 yeah, changeling bites work the same as zombie bites in this fic, it was explained earlier in the story

6068181 i read many storys, if something is older than three months, then it can be that i don´t remember everything, but thank you for the answer.

Good things take time. Better to get things the way you want them than release something you aren't satisfied with.

All the same, welcome back. :pinkiesmile:

I approve.

Finally the Inventor is back!!!

I read 20 chapters, and everything develops SO slowly, that it's becoming boring. Also, I despise the "persons are deity's and/or destiny's pawns", it just sickens me that beings with the free will are stripped from their free will and unknowingly for them made pawns in whatever games some stupid god or personless destiny plays. Also, more human addings, really? It becomes old when you repeat that trick more than once. Really. I'll read two more chapters, if nothing gots better - I quit with voting down this story.

At least some action! Well, no downvote, but still no uvote either. I'll wait for new chapters to decide.

i love the story so far cant wait for the next chapter, hope its soon

more yes pls be yes to many awesame stories end don't end in pls:fluttershysad:

I've added this to tracking and favorites. Keep on writing, fellow Displaced Author!

Can Invention get my Token please? It's a Mr. Bubbles doll.

This story has a really eye catching beginning and is a lot better displacement flick then others but there's one problem im coming across on the later chapters and there seems to be to much going on to the point of sensory overload. I really like the characters so far but im not to big on the wild apperences of some of the characters but Idk much about displaced fics so I guess its normal but then the fight with chrysalis happened and that's where the fic sorta fell apart and unleashed tartarus upon my mind other then that its a good fic not something I will continue though but it was enjoyable when it lasted.

This is GREAT! Keep on going!

… it's been forever since the last chapter came out:

7528848
Assumeing that the last edit was the posting of Secureing a Ship, it has been nearly three months seince the last chapter.

Comment posted by The_darkness deleted Sep 1st, 2016

7528947 most likely. Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to re-read my favorite Human In Equestia story.

7528939
I stand-corrected, one year and three months.

And a quick check of his site jounal reveals that the inactivity may be due to his father's battle against wide-spread prostate cancer.

7528955 ... Holy hell in a handbasket of heads!#Alliteration

7528974 ... Are you stalking me?

7528980
Just have e-mail updates enabled.

Were you hopeing for something more sinister?

new chapter please

7707323 *gets powerful dragon* :pinkiecrazy:

Any plans for more additions to this story?

8007119 That's weird. I wonder WTF I was thinking when I wrote that.

This story is dead?

8260856 First of all, THEY didn't seal Luna in the Moon or seal Discord in stone. The ELEMENTS OF HARMONY DID. The Mane 6 had no idea how to direct the powers of those gems, they just pointed and fired and the EoH's magic did its thing. If anything, blame the Tree of Harmony, which is clearly sentient to a degree (it built a castle and a Zordon-Map thing, for crying out loud), so it's responsible for all of that.

As for Sombra... the Crystal Heart's power blew him up. How is it the ponies' fault that he was so evil that a beam of pure love destroyed him?

And then we must bring up Chrysalis. She clearly doesn't want to be reformed. So what are they supposed to do about that, hmmm?

As for Tirek... he's a tyrannical power-stealing A-hole who back-stabbed his own partner. WHAT THE HELL ELSE WERE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO WITH HIM?! Sheesh, are you the sort of twit who blames the victims of a murderer and says the psychopath just had a bad childhood?

Seems to me, the stupid ones around here are the ones so jaded in their opinions they miss many obvious facts.

8232573 You have pretty much succinctly explained by the Displaced genre is one of the worst of all fanfic tropes.

It idiot balls EVERYONE. To the point where I would genuinely erase the entire world they're set in from existence because the cosmos should not be subjected to such a degree of epidemic stupidity.

8453230
And my main point, because I wasn't going to put the whole massive quote, was that she viewed the retaliation as an unjustified temper tantrum rather than a wholly justified reaction.

More please. I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Login or register to comment