• Published 12th Feb 2014
  • 3,149 Views, 364 Comments

The Pie of my Eye - Azure_Shadow



Will Swift Justice be able to overcome his shyness and get the girl of his dreams without making a fool of himself? Probably not! Enter the Pie of my Eye!

  • ...
17
 364
 3,149

Joining the Party Planning Committee: For real this time!

It was now the Tuesday after the party cannon incident. Swift Justice's back was now healed up enough so he could go to school the following week; although he's admit that even if his back still hurt, he would've go through the pain with a smile on his face today of all days, because today was the day that Swift was going to join the school's party planning committee. Joining the committee was essential to his plan to getting closer to Pinkie Pie, and with no party cannon this time, there was nothing stopping him from doing just that!

It was a few minutes before first period was going to start, and Swift was trekking his normal route to his first period chemistry class. The whole time, he looked so happy it appeared that he would eventually break into song if any sort of happy music started to play. Swift entered the dreadfully bland chemistry room as he noticed that as always, Twilight Sparkle was already there before even the teacher, sitting at her desk and reading a book. As Swift walked up to his seat, Twilight looked up from her book to meet Swift's eyes.

'Oh! H-hey Swift! How's it going?" said Twilight; trying her best to sound nonchalant.

"Hey Twilight, things are going good. How about you?" Swift asked as he slouched down in the seat next to Twilight.

"Oh ya know, same old same old. I just got the new A.K. Yearling book, I just started reading it yesterday." said Twilight as he lifted up the book so Swift could see the title.

"Daring Do and the Dragon's Claw. Is it good?"

"It's....ok. I've read it up to about the halfway point, but so far it isn't as good as the older books, and I should know 'cause I kinda own all twelve." said Twilight as she gave an awkward grin. Believing this was lame considering Daring Do was more of a young teen book series, she quickly tried to save the conversation by changing the subject.

"S-so Swift, my friend Rarity told me about what happened last week with Pinkie, are you ok?"

Swift gave a slight chuckle. "Yeah, I'm fine it was an accident."

"Rarity said she accidentally blasted Pinkie Pie out of a cannon, with you in firing range."

"Yeah, that kinda did happen. But I wasn't seriously injured and Pinkie apologized so it's all good."

"Oh that's good! Why were you there in the first place?"

"I was going to join the school's party planning committee!"

"We have a committee for parties?"

"Yeah, I went there to join but it got cancelled and was rescheduled for this afternoon. It sounded like it could be a lot of fun so I thought about trying it out."

"That's really cool, it sounds like fun!" said Twilight.

After that conversation topic seemingly dropped, Twilight glanced around the room quickly before speaking again.

"So, Swift there's kinda something I...want to ask you."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Well, um...you see, um..I thought.....well, I was wondering If you could, or well...if you'd want to.." Twilight started to sound a bit skittish as she looked away from Swift and started to twirl her bangs with her index finger.

"Twilight, is something wrong?"

"What? phfftt, No! It's just that I..." Twilight started to trail off as she gazed down to a textbook on her desk. She suddenly picked the book up and quickly got out of her seat. " I....just remembered that I needed to return this history textbook to Rarity! She really needs it for first period." she said; followed by a bit of nervous laughter. Before Swift could respond though, Twilight quickly fled the room; leaving him all alone.

"What was that all about?"

-------------
Later that day in room 301

It was a study hall period in Ms. Cherilee's classroom. The room was abuzz with the voices of students spread out in the room in their own little cliques. Among the students were three girls sitting in the back of the room in a triangle position with their desks. The girls included Twilight Sparkle herself, and her friends Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash was currently in the middle of talking about the school soccer team wining the latest game.

"So anyways, we only have like fifteen seconds on the clock, and the game is tied right? the ball is on our side, the girl with it is a total slowpoke, Cloud Kicker gets the ball from her and runs over to the other side of the field, before she can get surrounded by the other team's defenses, she kicks the ball to me. The ball comes at me with the speed of a bullet and what do I do? Without a second thought I run with the ball over to the goal and kick it harder than any member of the soccer team has before! I kicked it so hard that it goes over the goalie's head before she can react and goes right through the net! I scored the team the winning goal and the crowd went wild! Another victory for the soccer team, and It all thanks to me" proudly proclaimed Rainbow Dash as she pointed to herself with both of her thumbs.

"Gee Rainbow, that story gets better every time ya tell it." Applejack said with no attempt to hide the sarcasm in her voice.

"I know right? It's like it gets twenty percent cooler each time I tell it!" said Rainbow Dash who apparently didn't catch her country friend's displeasure of hearing that story for the sixth time.

Twenty percent cooler mah ass Applejack thought to herself as she turned to Twilight; who had her head down on her desk for the twenty minutes they were in the classroom.

"You alright sugar cube? Ya haven't said a word since we got to class." Twilight remained soundless as Applejack tried speaking to her again. "Is somethin' the matter Twi?"

Twilight gave a muffled response. "I messed up."

"What was that sugarcube? Ah couldn't quite catch that."

"I messed up with Swift."

'Come again?"

Twilight slowly lifted her head up to face her friends with a disheartened look on her face. "I tried talking to Swift Justice today before first period, but I royally messed up."

"Messed up trying to talk to someone? How do you do that?" questioned Rainbow Dash.

"That's what I wanna know." said Applejack. Both friends watched as Twilight began explaining what had happened.

"Well, for the past few weeks I've been here, I've had first period with this guy named Swift Justice. He seems like a really nice guy, and it's because of some advice he gave me when I first arrived here that I met you two and the others." Applejack and Rainbow Dash nodded as Twilight continued. "Anyways, I want to get to know him better, so I thought I'd ask him if he wanted to go to Sugar Cube Corner with me after school to just talk or something. So today when he came into the classroom, we talked for a bit before I tried asking him, but when I tried to ask him, I......"

"Got cold feet?" asked Applejack.

"Crashed and Burned?" added Rainbow Dash

"Yes" answered Twilight. " I was so nervous I could barley form a coherent sentence. I felt so nervous babbling like an idiot that I made up an excuse to get out of the room. It couldn't have been any worse." she sighed as she held her head up with her hands. Applejack gave her a reassuring pat on the back.

"Don't worry sugarcube, ah'm sure it wasn't that bad."

"You weren't there AJ, I sounded like a brainless idiot!"

Rainbow interjected "I don't get it. He's just one guy, what's the big deal about asking him out?"

"The 'deal' is Rainbow; that...I've never asked anyone out on a date before, so I was really nervous as to do it for my first time. I got so nervous about messing it up that I choked." after that explanation, Rainbow Dash still had a questioning look on her face while Applejack gave an understanding nod before speaking again.

"Well Twi, If ah could make a suggestion, If you wanna see where things can go with this boy then maybe ya should start small. Instead of psyching yourself out by thinking about asking him on a date, think of it as just spendin' time with a friend. If you get comfortable about spendin' time with him, then asking him out will get a bit easier. And if things don't really work out, you still got a new friend. It's a win win situation!"

After hearing this piece of advice from Applejack, Rainbow Dash shot her a skeptical glance.

" Uuuuuh.....AJ? not to sound rude or anything, but what exactly do you know about starting a relationship? You haven't exactly....well.....been in one." Rainbow Dash reminded her. This statement was met with a cold glare from the cowgirl.

"Well, ah'm not sayin' ah'm an expert on relationships, but I've seen enough relationships on tv an' in real life to understand how it happens!"

Rainbow Dash groaned as she face palmed. "AJ, I love ya, but that stuff is all fake! That's no way to start a relationship!" she stated as she turned her attention back to Twilight. "Look Twi, take it from someone who's actually been in a relationship. You can't just act all nonchalant about this! You need to act!"

"What did you have in mind Rainbow?" asked Twilight out of genuine curiosity.

"I'll tell you like it is Twi, asking a guy out is like playing a game of soccer. When you see a chance to get the ball in your opponent's net you need to go for it! Otherwise, some other girl can steal the ball from you and kick the ball into your goal! The same goes for when you like a guy, if you want to go out with him, you gotta act fast! Or else some other chick will come along and take him! You understand?"

"I...guess I get where you're coming from." Twilight sheepishly admitted.

Applejack intervened. "I get where you're comin' from too Rainbow, but ah don't think actin' fast is the way to go for someone like Twilight, ah think it's best for her to take it nice and slow, and see where it goes." This comment was not met well by Rainbow Dash.

"How do you know that'll work!? Or some other girl won't do what I said and go for him while it happens? Acting fast is the best way to go. That's how I got my boyfriend last year." Rainbow retorted.

"Yeah, and remember how well that turned out?" Applejack said under her breath, but apparently Rainbow Dash heard her and shot daggers towards her.

"Is there something you want to add Applejack?" Rainbow asked as she started to lean closer to her friend.

"Yeah, there is somethin' I wanna add Rainbow, you tried that tactic last year with Soarin' and sure it worked, but if I remember correctly, your relationship took a divebomb about a month later and you two haven't spoken since!" Applejack said as she started to lean closer to RD.

" That wasn't my fault! I mean sure he was cute and good at sports, but he thought the Cloudsdale Crusaders could beat the Canterlot Wonderbolts! What an idiot right? The Wonderbolts could thrash the Crusaders any day!"

"That's his opinion! What kinda numb skull lets something like a soccer team determine how well their relationship will go!?!" AJ deadpanned.

Rainbow Dash jerked back as if struck with the weight of Applejack's insult. She took a few seconds before speaking again with a brash tone. "Well....Well... at least we went out! That's still one more relationship than you miss wise old sage!"

"It's not mah fault ah don't have a boyfriend! Ah'm too busy with school and working on the farm for a relationship!" Applejack said in an angrily defensive tone.

"That's a load of bull shit and you know it! I know for a fact that there are times where Granny Smith forces you to get off the farm and do something. And what do you do then? You come over to my house and we play video games and watch wrestling.You've never even tried to get a date!"

"That ain't none of your business Rainbow! And ah can get a date whenever ah want!" Applejack nearly yelled. At this point, both girls were butting heads with each other. Twilight was a bit frightened by how quickly fights seemed to escalate between these two. Not wanting this to possibly go into fisticuffs, Twilight attempted to try something to get them to stop.

"Um..hey girls, people are starting to stare." said Twilight as she sank down in her chair.

The other two girls took a moment to look away from each other to see all eyes in the room were staring at them. Even Ms. Cherilee was looking up from the romance novel she was reading to give them a cold glance. Both of them looked around the room before they gave each other one last cold glare before turning away from each other. Rainbow Dash got a binder out from under her chair and immediately started reading it.

"I gotta study." said Rainbow Dash with a grunt. Applejack followed suit by taking a textbook from her bag and opening it up.

"Me too." quietly replied Applejack. Both girls did nothing but read over studying material while Twilight stared at them.

"Thanks....for the advice girls." Twilight said as she laid her head back down on her desk. Thinking over what both girls said, each had a valid point. But after thinking over the pros and cons of each, she couldn't decide which method to use. She thought back to her conversation with Swift before to try and figure out which peice of advice would work best. She played each sentencs in her mind to see if she could come to any conclusion. She was at a loss for ideas for the most part, until she remembered one detail in which he spoke of joining the party planning committee that day. After going over this tidbit of information, Twilight believed that she had an idea on what to do next.

----------------
Outside Music room 3
After school

Swift Justice was having yet another stare down with the double doors to the music room. The memories of what had occurred the Wednesday before were still fresh in his mind; from the 'support' Flash and Thunderlane gave him to the loud BOOM!! of the party cannon that shot him across the room. Just thinking about it sent a slight chill down his spine. But there was no time for lying on the odd moments of the past Swift thought to himself; nope, there were parties to plan and a girl to sweep off her feet. Swift steeled himself as he took a deep breath and after one more look at the door he grabbed the handle and yanked it open. Swift took two steps into the room to see about thirty students in the room. After glancing around to make sure there were no party cannons anywhere in the vicinity, Swift continued further into the room as he heard the door close behind him. The room was abuzz with conversation, with student talking about what went on in their day, and what kinds of parties they'd be planning, and while Swift recognized a few students from around the halls and classes like Vinyl Scratch, Bon Bon, and Caramel, he couldn't help but feel like a fish out of water due to not really knowing any of them. He tried asking Flash and Thunderlane to come with him, but Flash had band practice, and Thunderlane said he needed to fix his motorcycle (his attempt at an excuse Swift believed.). While waiting for something to happen, Swift walked around the music room in an attempt to seem less awkward to anyone who may have been looking at him. While walking around the room, Swift was looking around for any form of direction of what he should do, and the club adviser. (definitely not Pinkie Pie) he looked everywhere except where he was going, and knocked right into someone.

"W-woah, sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" Swift said as he looked at whomever he walked into.

"Oh, that's ok! I wasn't paying much attention to my surroundings either." said the girl he had walked into. The girl turned around to reveal herself as none other than Twilight Sparkle. "O-oh hey Swift!"

" Hey Twilight! I didn't expect to see you here."

"Well, one of my new years resolutions was to be more active in school. I stink at sports, and after I spoke to you earlier today I thought hey, party planning committee sounds fun! So here I am!"

"That's cool. I heard it was a lot of fun, so that's why I joined too." Swift admitted, although it wasn't the MAIN reason he wanted to join. Having Twilight there with him felt like a weight off his shoulders. She was actually someone here he knew, and was already friends with. "So Twilight, do you know if we're supposed to do something, or where the club adviser is?"

"Not really, I heard he was running a bit late, I think...we're....supposed to..." As Twilight continued, Swift noticed a look of shock and confusion spread across her face.

"Twilight? Is something wrong...again?" he asked out of concern. The only response he got was Twilight pointing at something behind him. Swift turned around to see a white pair of eyes staring back at him. He made a slight gasp as he instinctively jumped back, once again knocking into Twilight. Now being able to see whatever this oddity was in its full form, the look Twilight had spread across Swift's face as well.What was staring at him was someone wearing a blue and red skin tight suit with black lines going down and across the red parts. The weirdest part was that this individual was upside down, hanging from the ceiling by means of a long streamer! Both students were speechless for a few moments until Swift slowly walked back up to the costumed person. He looked up and down trying to grasp the physics defying logic that was going on in front of him before speaking again.

"S-Spi-" was all Swift could get out before the individual put their finger on his lips and spoke.

"Sssshhhhh!!! You can't say that name here! It's copyrighted!!" the person whispered in a very feminine voice before doing an impressive flip and landing on their feet.

"W-wait, wha...who are you?" asked a confused Swift. The costumed figure gave a slight giggle before speaking again.

"Just your friendly neighborhood party planning president!" said the figure as she reached behind her neck and pulled a zipper. As she pulled, it appeared a huge mound of cotton candy was coming out of the back of her neck. Swift only needed to see the hair for it to make sense to him what was occurring as the girl took her mask off completely to reveal that she was none other than Pinkie Pie.

"Hiya Swift! I'm glad you showed up! Welcome to the committee!" she happily exclaimed as she pulled Swift in for a back breaking hug.

"T-thanks..Pinkie....glad..to." Swift chocked out. Pinkie kept it up until she finally noticed that Twilight was still staring at them dumbfounded. Pinkie let out a loud gasp as she dropped Swift like a sack of potatoes and pulled Twilight into another back breaking hug.

"Omygosh Twilight!? Why didn't you tell me you were joining PPC? OmygoshOmygoshOmygoshOmygosh! This is so super exciting! We're gonna have tons of fun planning parties and hanging decorations, and holding fundraisers, and baking cupcakes, and It's gonna be the greatest time ever!!!!" You're gonna love it!!"

Twilight didn't respond as she was let go. She gave Pinkie another dumbfounded look before turning her attention to the streamer Pinkie was hanging onto. She gave it a small tug, which caused it to fall to the floor. She stared at it for a moment before turning to Swift, who could only shrug to express his confusion on the feat Pinkie had just performed.

"P..Pinkie how?...how is this possible!?..how did you-" Twilight's questions were cut short by a female voice coming from behind Pinkie.

"Darling, I'm afraid if you try to make sense of our dear Pinkie pie, you'll just end up with a headache." Twilight tilted to her left slightly to see Rarity coming up to them from behind them.

"Its because I have super powers!!" excitedly exclaimed Pinkie.

"You have super something alright Pinkie." said Rarity before turning her attention to the other two students. "I apologize for the scare Pinkie gave you two, she was helping me out in the drama department when she came across our costume room and kept trying everything on."

"It was amazing! There was a soldier's uniform, a bridal gown, a ghost costume, a bear suit, a cat suit, old people clothes, monster costumes, togas, and dresses and everything! The costume room was amazing!" Pinkie squealed.

"Why thank you for saying so Pinkie, many of the costumes in there were expertly tailored by yours truly." proudly stated Rarity as she put her hand on her chest.

"They were all great Rarity! But this one feels a little tight."

"Well that's no surprise Pinkie, it was made to fit a smaller sophomore. It's probably a size or so smaller than your size. That being said, could you please take it off? We need it for an upcoming performance and we really don't need it to be stretched out."

"Sure Rarity, I probably should too. This thing is really tight in the rump." Pinkie admitted as she patted her backside with her hand, (something that didn't go unnoticed by Swift.). Swift then felt the blood rush to his face as he saw that Pinkie was quickly unzipping the whole costume right in front of him.

"P-Pinkie! Do that someplace more priv-" is all Rarity could let out before the costume in question was thrown in her face.

"It's ok Rarity! It's not like I'm naked or anything!" said Pinkie. And that was true she definitely wasn't naked, for it appears she was wearing a french maid outfit underneath the original super hero costume; complete with heels , hat and feather duster.

"Pinkie, how did...sigh" Rarity gave up trying to question her friend and instead rubbed her forehead to ease her newly born headache. The conversation ended when everyone in the room heard the doors slam open. The loud room fell dead silent as everyone looked at a man who had entered the room. He was tall, and wearing a large black raincoat with the hood up. This man had a very imposing presence as he slowly walked into the room. When he reached the middle of the room he surveyed the area until his eyes rested upon Swift and the girls. He then gave a small grunt and strode towards them, they could hear his footsteps hitting the hardwood floor as he stopped just in front of Swift. Swift looked up to see that he was staring at him with piercing green eyes. Swift stood in silence as the man began to speak in what sounded like a gruff voice straight out of a country western film.

"Haven't seen you around these parts stranger." the man said, apparently waiting for Swift to respond.

"Uh..yeah, I wanted to join the party planning committee sir." Swift said in a sheepish manner. The man squinted to get a better look at the young man.

"Hmmm....What's yer name boy?"

"S-Swift Justice sir." Swift replied. After hearing this, the man's eyes shot wide open as he turned his head to the left. Swift turned to see what he was looking at. It was the large wooden music cabinet that he had crashed into the week before, and it still had a large crack in it. He turned his head back to look at the man staring at him.

"Swift Justice? So you're the kid who broke my cabinet!" he shouted as he scrunched his face.

"Y-Yeah, I'm really sorry about that." Swift replied in a docile manner. The man lend closer to Swift as he continued to speak.

"And you have the guts to waltz back in here, look me in the eye, and think that just by sayin' sorry that you can get into MAH party planning committee?" The man asked as he raised his eyebrow at Swift.

"W-well I-"

"Well ah have a question for ya kid." the man stated as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a party popper and put it in front of Swift's face. "When you're at your last party, and you're staring down the barrel of the last party popper in the room ya gotta ask yerself, do ya feel lucky punk? Well? Do ya!?" The man asked as he poked Swift in the chest with the popper. Swift braced himself before giving the man an answer.

"Y-yes?"

POP!!

The party popper the man had let out its contents of confetti and small streamers with a small burst. Swift looked back up at the man who was now grinning ear to ear.

"Well......If that's the case." he said with a now comical tone, completely different from the threatening deep country accent he had. He threw off his raincoat, which landed on a nearby chair perfectly. Swift could now see that the man was very lean. He had poofy brown hair and light orange skin. He was wearing a yellow polo shirt, and dark brown pants with accordion suspenders attached to it.

"Then welcome to the party planning committee kid!" the man exclaimed as he grabbed Swift's hand and gave it a wild handshake. He shook it so hard and fast that when he let go Swift's arm was still flailing wildly. When he realized his arm was free, Swift stopped shaking it. He gave the man a questioning look.

"W-wait, so you're not mad?"

"What? No! Vice Principal Luna explained everything to me! Accidents happen right? Plus if anything you did us a favor! That cabinet's a piece of junk! And by getting knocked into it, we can now get a new one!" he happily exclaimed.

"W-Well glad I could be of help." Swift said as the man now bounced back to the center of the room.

"Alright everyone, thanks for coming here to join the party planning committee! As many of you already know, I'm Mr.Sandwich, and in addition to being a music teacher here in Canterlot High, I'm also the club adviser here! I see a bunch of old members of the committee here, as well as a bunch of fresh faces! I hope you all have a blast during our time here and have fun making parties be the best parties they can be! Anyways, there should be a clipboard being passed around here, so make sure to sign your name on it! So without further ado, I now give the floor to your one and only club president, Pinkie Pie!" he said enthusiastically as Pinkie hopped up to where he was standing in high heels.

"Hehe, Hi everyone! Let me start by saying how super awesome it is to see everyone here come together to throw parties! All year, we'll be working our tails off to throw all kinds of parties, shindigs, hoe downs, and all sorts of stuff to make this the best year ever!! People don't want to be bored all year long, so It's our job to put a smile on all of their faces and make this the best freshmen, sophomore, junior, and senior year they've ever had! It's really super simple, we come up with an event, and we have lots of fun making it happen! That's the gist of what we do here! Any questions?"

A freshman rose her hand in the small crowd of students and began asking a question when Pinkie called on her.

"What's gonna be the first party we plan?" This question was met with everyone in the room talking to one another about the subject. It took Pinkie blowing an air horn that she pulled out of her hair to quiet them all down.

'I love doing that! But back to your question....I don't know what our first party plan is! Mr. Sandwich?"

All eyes turned to Mr. Sandwich who had a small shoebox in his hands with a small opening at the top. "That's what we're going to find out right now! In this box contains a bunch of different parties and events that we can plan! And whatever one gets pulled out will be our first one! So now, drum roll please!" he said as he dug his hand into the opening. Pinkie ran over to the nearest snare drum and started wailing on it with some drumsticks that were besides it. She continued as Mr. Sandwich pulled out a folded piece of paper. Pinkie stopped playing as Mr. Sandwich opened up the paper and began to speak.

"The first thing we're planning is..........A GIRL'S CHOICE DANCE!!" this was met with a chorus of yays and clapping from the crowd. Mr. Sandwich waited for them to calm down before speaking again. "Alright everyone, we now know what kind of party we're gonna be planning, we need to talk about the slightly less fun setting up for a super fun dance! So now let's get to it!" Mr. Sandwich began explaining what the club entailed and what was required to start the event. He passed out all the necessary information to the students as he spent the rest of the club time talking about everything they needed to do before the dance.

After the meeting concluded, Swift left the school to start the ten minute trek back to his house. Now being an official member of the committee felt like a real accomplishment to him, as a major stepping stone on the road to successfully ask out Pinkie Pie was just passed. With this swell of pride in his chest, he felt that he could definitely see his plan working. His thoughts did briefly turn to the upcoming girl's choice dance and wondered if Pinkie would possibly ask him to that. The thought of that occurring greatly excited him as he continued down the path to his home.

"One part down, a bunch of parties to go!"

Author's Note:

OMG, I'm sorry it took so long for me to release this new chapter, It's been mad as hell where I live with schoolwork and life commitments and the like. I'm gonna try to publish more quicker and I'm happy a bunch of you stuck around to read this! Anyways, I had tons of trouble writing this chapter and it went through a ton of rough drafts before being finished. That being said, I hope you all enjoyed the chapter, I know I did writing it! As for Mr. Sandwich, It made sense to me to make him the club adviser as he is the super duper party pony in Equestria! Plus let's admit it: We've all had a teacher like Mr. Sandwich at some point in our lives.