• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 14,812 Views, 485 Comments

Gamers in Equestria - Neoandermcd



Playing video games, check. Talking with friends, check. Being transported into the lands of Equestria with video game like powers and some evil plot unfolding...uh check.

  • ...
62
 485
 14,812

Chapter 9: Danger Around Every Corner (Revised)


Planet: Earth Location: USA, Texas, Date: unknown, Place: Unknown

“*deep breathing* we should be safe here for the time being” Pinkie said to me as she opened a simple wooden door that lead into an old broken down home.

As I walked in I took notice that this place looked abandoned for quite some time as dust was hanging on everything I could see like some broken shelves, a table with chairs, and stairs that were too broken to hold anyone’s weight or random piles of…I don’t even want to know. Small slivers of light was shedding through the broken wood panels from above giving the room some light. “Pinkie…what…what are we doing here” I asked in between breaths.

“Will silly we are on the run from some scary looking people who are upset with what I did” she said like it was obvious.

“Yeah ‘scary looking people’ doesn’t really cover half the people in the state so you have to be more specific and also why are WE on the run?” I asked.

“Well because silly I had to do something while you were busy with work, so I popped down to Las Peg… whoops I mean Las Vegas and did some gambling” she said as she lead me into a secret room that was much more cleaner/newer than the previous room.

“And let me guess you lost and now have a huge debt” I said dryly. Looking around the room there was a simple refrigerator, a table with two chairs, a bed, a desk with a pretty slick looking laptop and a bathroom in the back.

“Oh contraire *giggles* contraire such a silly word oh no wait such a fancy word darling *giggles* look I’m Rarity now darling” she said with a bad Rarity impersonation.

“Pinkie focus” I said snapping my finger in front of her.

“Right, but no I won a lot of games so you’re like a gazillionaire”.

“I’m a what now?” I asked with disbelief.

“A gazillionaire silly, cleaned out all the casinos and apparently they weren’t too happy about that. I wonder why?” she said with a confused look.

I almost fainted at hearing her words, as my legs began to give out. I slowly walked over towards one of the chairs and plopped down on it and stared out her with shock/disbelief “I’m…I’m….rich”.

“Well technically we’re rich, but I did use your money and ID to get into the casinos to begin with” she said with smile.

“But you don’t look anything like me and I’m not even old enough to gamble” I said absently mindedly.

“Hello Equestria to Author” she said waving her hand in front of my face. “Wakey wakey eggs and cakey” she said slapping me for a minute straight.

“Huh oh what *slap* Ow, Pinkie stop I’m good, I’m good” I said covering my face to stop the mad mare from slapping me.

“Oh that’s good thought I lost you” she said with a smile.

“Also my name isn’t Author it’s…”

“Shhhhhhh Author we can’t afford to break the fourth wall anymore than we already are”

“Rightttttt so who’s after us exactly?”

“Hmmmmmmm wellllll there’s the mafia, the casino owners, lone sharks, the FBI….” She said listing off different groups.

“Wait! Whoa, whoa, whoa back up the FBI is after us, why?”

“Something about using my skills to infiltrate other countries or something like that” she said with a shrug.

“That’s actually sounds legit” I said.

“Yeah well I got to go, you should be safe here till I come back” she said and started to walk off.

“Wait, what!?!?” I said shocked.

“Well silly you have to continue the story I mean it’s been like two to three weeks since you last updated and I have to get back into the story” she said while pushing some number on the door effectively sealing me in.

“So what am I suppose to do until you get back?” I asked.

“Ida know, play some videogames, write some more, uh fap” she said with a shrug on the last one and right in front of my eyes disappear.

“Well great I’m sealed in a room with only one way out and the only perso…pony who knows the combination is gone. *sigh* might as well check to see what I have to eat” I said making my way towards the fridge and opening it to see what I have to eat and drink. “Let’s see, orange juice, Pepsi, Dr Pepper, Hawaiian Punch, cupcakes, brownies, bread, peanut butter, some jelly, uh hay?, and the freezers has ohh hot pockets, pizza bites, ice cream (that’s somehow cupcake flavored), and some of those microwavable meals. *stomach growls* Hot pocket it is” I said grabbing a pepperoni one and making my way towards the microwave. Only to realize that there wasn’t one and that there wasn’t even a stove to cook those frozen pizzas with.

“Oh god, why do you forsaken me!?!” I cried to the heavens and broke down into fetal position lightly rocking back and forth. Ok so maybe I’m overreacting, but can you blame me, I mean a week or two with the only thing to eat as an actual meal being peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. That tends to get old pretty damn quick. As if the gods themselves answered my plea a note appeared before me out of thin air.

It read: Dear Mr. Author,

I’m soooooo sorry I forgot to put a microwave and stove in there. Done, now you should be fine for a week see ya later.
,Love Pinkie Pie
P.S. those are my cupcakes and if even one sprinkle is gone, well let’s just say it won’t be pretty.

‘Note to self don’t touch cupcakes’ I thought. Turning around to look back at the small kitchen/dining room/living room/ bedroom I was not surprised to see a stove and a microwave just sitting there like they’ve been there this entire time. With a heavy sigh I made my meal, sat down in the computer chair and turned on the laptop.

“*sigh* might as well write” I said and began to work on the story.

My PoV:

‘This is so awesome’ I thought as my friends and I walked through the market district, ponies of all shape, color and size going about their day. Some were checking out the stalls for wares, others were grouped together; probably talking about the newest rumor; and others were just sitting on benches enjoy the scenery. It was honestly the most peaceful and relaxing day I have ever experienced. My mood couldn’t be happier, it felt like nothing could ruin this moment…until Pedro spoke.

“This is soooooo boringgggggg” Pedro whined ‘I hate you so much right now’ I thought my grin turning into a small frown.

“Pedro don’t be such a baby” Manny said annoyed too that Pedro ruined this peaceful moment for us.

“Wow Pedro the life of any party says this place is boring. It must be the end of the world” Ben said sarcastically.

“Or this isn’t our Pedro and he’s an imposter” I joined in.

“What? It’s not my fault that there’s nothing to do and besides weren’t we in a hurry?” He asked.

“Dude relax we have time and besides if we show up too early they might get suspicious” I replied back.

“Pedro has a point. How do you know they’re not meeting right now?” Ben asked.

“Because the letter said at one…I think” I said unsure if I was correct or not.

“So what time is it?” Manny asked looking at Pedro.

“Well according to my handy dandy pip boy, which can’t even connect to the satellites; since this place doesn’t have any; and shouldn’t be able to tell me what time it is, says 12:14” he said while looking at it.

“So we have a good forty minutes or so to mess around” I stated.

“But walking around the town is boring I mean there’s never anything exciting in small towns. Are we just going to spend our time walking around the town just so you can look at your girly cartoon world?” he asked annoyed.

I stopped, turned to look at him and put on my best smug smile “We could always go back to the library and read if you want or we could just continue to walk around and possibly find something to do.”

“….”

“That’s what I thought” I said with a cheeky grin and we continued our way around town, until Ben notice a familiar face tending to an apple stall.

“Hey Big Mac” Ben called and we made our way over towards him.

“Well howdy fellas” he said and continued “Enjoyin’ the town”

“Eeyup” Ben and I said in our best impression of Big Mac.

“It’s nice” Manny said.

“I hate small towns” Pedro said sourly.

“Yeah yeah Francis” Ben said dismissively.

“Sorry ta hear that, but ah reckon you're goin’ ta be here for awhile so it would be best ta find somethin’ ta do while yah wait” he said.

“That’s part of the reason why we're walking around” I said.

“I’m actually surprised to see you out here I thought it was AJ’s turn to man the stand while you bucked some trees today” Ben said.

“Well ah was until Dash came and told me that AJ needed ta go somewhere” he said concerned. “And then when ah get there she’s already leavin’ without tellin’ me what’s goin’ on or where they’re goin’”.

“Do you know which way they went?” Manny asked.

“Ah think they went to the northern pastures” he said pointing towards the direction.

“Don’t worry Big Mac we were going to find them and see what’s up” I said reassuringly. Then at the worst possible time my friends and my stomachs growled “Right after we find something to eat”.

“Here ya’ll can help yourselves” he said as he platted some apples and apple tarts for us.

“Uh Big Mac we don’t have any type of cash to pay you with” Manny said as he hesitantly took the plate of food.

“Don’t ya’ll worry it’s on the house” he said.

“Thanks Big Mac. Come on guys we should start making our way there” I said as I started to walk off. “Oh and we’ll let you know what happen if AJ doesn’t tell you later” I said earning a wave of thanks from him.

As we finished our lunch and made our way towards the pasture, where we hope the girls were at, I noticed a lot of familiar looking ponies. I saw Caramel trying to hit on some mares, but failing miserably, Filthy Rich and the Mayor,;I think; were talking about something over lunch; by the looks of it maybe some new buildings; Berry punch was walking around clumsily; probably drunk or something; a couple of unicorn, earth and pegasi guards were walking around the town and the flower trio were talking about what else flowers. Now Ben and I were acting like a bunch of school girls, jumping up and down in excitement or holding back screams of joy, while Pedro was still moping about.

“Oh lighten up Pedro” Manny said earning a couple of mumbled responses from Pedro.

“Look Pedro we’re stuck here for a certain amount of time” Ben said motioning for us to stop. “A day or two, maybe a week, hell it could be years before we’ll be able to go home and that’s even if research into it will bare fruit or if the Doctor was wrong, and trust me he’s hardly ever wrong” we listened as Ben continued to talk “So you’re just going to have to get over your little hissy fit and deal with what’s going on instead of trying to deny it”.

“Oh excuse me for not accepting a FUCKING girly world as my reality and excuse me for not being happy about it like you two” he said with sarcastic rage. “So let’s just forget about everything entirely from our world and just live here in, in what again? Peace and fucking harmony with PEOPLE who think they’re fucking ponies” he shouted through clenched teeth.

“The fact is Pedro” Ben said calmly and continued “We’re stuck here so there’s no point in hating every little thing or moping about. At least try to find something to enjoy here”.

“Easy for you to say” he replied back “Mr. Pony lover let me guess I bet you’re already trying to get into bed with one of the Main Six”.

“Hardly” Ben replied back rolling his eyes. “Only you would be such a perv to think about that kind of stuff”.

“Yet you’re not denying having thoughts about it” he said a sly grin on his face.

“I will neither confirm nor deny having such thoughts” Ben stated unamused.

“Uh guys can we continue this somewhere else everypony…” Manny tried to say.

“Its everybody not everypony” he hissed at Manny.

“Pedro listen…” I tried to say.

“NO don’t tell me to listen” he yelled gaining the attention of a lot of ponies in the area. “This is not our world, these are not are people and this whole goddamn place makes no goddamn sense. I mean really stupid fucking ponies think they’re ponies when they’re huma….” Pedro’s rant was cut short by me punching him in the face and sending him to the ground.

Everypony looked at me with mixed emotions, but that didn’t stop me from going over towards my friend and kneeling next to him to say “Pedro I understand you’re angry, confused, hell even scared. I get that I really do, but you need to calm down”.

After a couple minutes of silence Pedro said apologetically “…..Sorry”.

“It’s alright” I said holding my hand out to help him out, which he grabbed and I lifted him up. “Now we have a more…awkward problem” I quietly said to him as the sea of ponies kept on looking at us. Well to be fair most of the ponies here have been staring at us the second we left the library, but that was mostly because of our outfits.

“Don’t worry I got this” he said confidentially and turned towards the crowd. “Ok people shows over, move along nothing to see here” he said while shooing them away.

Surprisingly they just shrugged and left, not even asking any questions although I think I heard a female say ‘not as strange as Pinkie Pie’ or something along those lines. “So are you feeling better now?” Manny asked warily.

“Yeah sorry about that guys, but I’m glad I finally got that off my chest” he said with a half smile.

“Don’t worry about it Pedro just let us know if something is bugging you” Ben said which caused us to raise our eyebrows at his statement.

“Ok Mr. not going to tell my friends that we’re stuck here” he said jokingly.

“Heh heh right” Ben replied back with a sheepish smile.

“At any rate we should make sure to talk to one another instead of keeping it to ourselves all right” I said getting a nod of approval from my friends. “Ok then we should probably make our way towards the girls now before it’s too la…”.

“Excuse me could I ask you guys something real quick?” a female voice asked.

“Lyra don’t bother them and besides you promise” pouted another female voice.

“It will be real quick Bon Bon I promise” said Lyra ’….oh god no’. Turning around to get a better look I could see two attractive girls one with an eager look on her face while the other was pouting. Lyra was about an inch shorter than Dash and was wearing a mint green shirt with blue pants. She had tangelo eyes with short grayish cyan hair with white highlights. She had a small horn that matched the color of her shirt and on the back of her hand she had a gold lyre for a cutie mark. Bon Bon was about the same height as Pinkie Pie and was wearing a pale cream sun dress. She had cyan blue eyes and her hair was a shade of dark blue with pink going through it. She had a cream colored sunhat on and had three wrapped pieces of candy for a cutie mark.

My friends were confused by the ponies in front of us, but they didn’t know the horrors of Lyra and her human obsessions…ok so it might not be as bad as I make it out to be, but I really don’t need an obsessed girl chasing me and my friends around town asking us questions. “Guess it depends on the question” I said to her calmly knowing full well what she was going to ask.

“So you guys aren't from around here right?” she asked while circling us, a look of curiosity plastered on her face.

“What gave it away” Pedro said sarcastically, but was completely ignored.

“Yes my friends and I are from a small village in the Griffon kingdom” Ben answered.

“Uh huh if I’m not mistaken most griffons live either in cloud homes or high up in the mountains, where most ponies cannot stand the cold weather, kind of odd don’t you think?” she mused while she continued to look us over.

“Yeah we get that a lot” Pedro said with a shrug.

“Also your friend over there was speaking very oddly” she said merely inches away from Manny’s face making eyeing contact “Care to explain?”

‘Come on Manny don’t let us down’ I thought nervously my friends sharing the same look. “I need an adult” he said ‘….(facepalm)…’.

“I am an adult” she replied back slowly inching even closer to him with a mischievous look in her eye.

“Is it really strange I mean we lived most of our lives around griffons” I said getting in between her and Manny.
She thought about it for a couple of minutes and reluctantly agreed “I guess that’s true.”

“Now if you excuse us Miss Lyra we must really be on our way” I said as me and my friends started to leave until she got in our way.

“Your friend over there was going to say something, something that started with ‘huma’. I would like to hear what he was going to say” she asked me with devious smile.

“Uh…” I drew a blanked. I mean seriously who’s ever heard of a word that starts with ‘huma’ and doesn’t usually revolve around human. I motioned for the guys to help while also mouthing out to them to not say human.

“I’m waiting” she said with a smug smile. ‘Crap come on think of something anything’ I thought while motioning to the guys, but they had the same look that I had.

“I got it!” Manny exclaimed drawing our attention. “He was going to say humate” he said proudly, Ben and Lyra both facepalmed at his statement.

“Why would he randomly bring up humic acid in a conversation” Lyra said with disbelief.

Manny just smacked his hands in understanding and said “Oh so that what that means” causing everypony to groan in annoyance.

“Lyra come on we're going to be late” Bon Bon said annoyed.

“Just a second Bon Bon I almost have them where I want them” she said confidently.

“We have no idea what you’re talkin…” Ben tried to say before Pedro cut him off.

“No she’s right guys, oh well the cats out of the bag” he said.

This caused her to jump up in down in excitement while chanting “I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it”.

“Pedro what the hell are you…” I tried to ask but he motioned for me to stop.

“Don’t worry I got this” he whispered. “So Miss…Lyra right?” she shakes her head vigorously yes. “It is true that I was going to say human, bu…”

“I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Humans do exist” she chanted again.

“HOWEVER” he shouted causing Lyra to stop jumping up and down “we are not humans, but just ponies from the griffon kingdom.”

“But that can’t be true, you’re lying I mean look at your outfits and the way you guys talk” she exclaimed.

“Yes it is true that we talk…different, but being surrounded by mostly griffons tends to do that to peop…ponies” he said, Lyra seemed really sad about her being wrong and was about to apologize till Pedro continued “However you were partially right about one thing, we are human enthusiast like yourself”.

“Really?!?! Do you belong to a group?” she asked cheerfully.

“Uh yes we belong to the uh Hand Society” he said quickly covering up his pauses.

“*gasp* you belong to THEE Hand Society” she said with envy/respect.

“Yes, yes we do” I chimed in Ben and Manny nodding their heads.

“You see we heard a rumor that” Pedro motioned for us to get close and started to whisper “That there might be humans nearby in Ponyville. So the Hand Society sent us to this town with these disguise in hoping that the humans would think we were human as well so that we could possibly catch them and bring them back”.

“But humans don’t look like ponies” Lyra said confused.

“Have you ever seen one?” Pedro inquired.

“Well no, but from what I’ve read and heard they stand on two legs, they don’t have wings or horns and they have hands” she said.

“But you do have hands” He exclaimed while pointing at her hands…or hooves?

“I wish…stupid hooves” she said with a sad expression.

Before Pedro could lose it…again Ben intervened and said “Well human seem to have developed a way to look like ponies so we were hoping to disguise like them and pull off some sort of scheme to trick them into letting us meet there group”.

“Is there any way I can help?” she asked hopefully.

“I’m sorry, but this is official Hand Society business and we can’t have outsiders helping” Pedro said Lyra had a sad expression on her face.

“Well we could always do…that” I said to him gaining a hopefully look from her.

“What’s ‘that’?” she asked, but was ignored.

“You don’t mean….” He tried to say but I beat him to it.

“Yes I’m referring to that” I said.

“Ahhh you mean that rule” Ben said joining in.

“What rule?” she asked again.

“Brother Manny please tell her rule number 286 paragraph 5 section 3” Pedro said.

“Rule 286 paragraph 5 section 3 states: In the case of needed assistance an outsider can temporarily become a member until set mission or goal is complete” he said like he was reading out of a text book.

“So does that mean…” she said, but trailed off.

“Yes until the rumors are confirmed you are a temporary member of the Hands Society. At your earliest convenience start your search for set humans and send a letter to headquarters about your findings” Pedro said in a military like fashion.

“Right away” she said with a salute, but was interrupted by a cough from Bon Bon “Right after our date” she said with a sheepish smile and then they both left.

“Whew that was a close one” I said. “So ‘Hand Society’?”

“Well Ben whispered to me, when you were distracting her, her obsession with humans and hands so one thing lead to another and it worked out” Pedro said with a shrug.

“Ok guys no more distractions we have about…”

“Five minutes” Pedro answered.

“Five minu…FIVE MINUTES, oh shit go go go” I yelled and dashed off my friend right behind me.

Outskirts of Ponyville, Third Person:

The northern pasture was mostly used during the rainy season to store water in, since it had a lot of natural hills to begin with, but recently the field has been changed to house some flowers to grow and possibly sale for the next winter wrap up. It was a nice sunny day and even though the girls were waiting for this mysterious stranger to show up, it did not mean that they couldn’t enjoy a nice picnic on the newly constructed flat field. As they were finishing and cleaning up their mess, Dash asked the question that was on everypony’s mind “So Twi why are we out here? I mean don’t get me wrong it’s cool to hangout like this and all, but this was just kinda out of the blue”.

“I told you already Dash this guy just left a letter and it said to meet out here” Twilight answered.

“Yeah you said that already. I mean why do we have to be out here to meet him to begin with?” Dash asked.

“She already told us Dash that somepony was makin’ threats” AppleJack said as she handed the picnic basket to Pinkie who once got set basket made it simply disappear by putting it in her hair. “Ah still don’t understand how ya’ll do that” AJ said while bobbing her head, trying to find the basket that should be in her friend’s hair yet it was nowhere to be found.

“Oh yeah because it’s such a big deal if somepony knows that we’re the bearers of the Elements of Harmony” she said sarcastically.

“Uh Dash it is a big deal, if you don’t mind me saying” Fluttershy said barely audible.

“Dash darling, the sender wasn’t threatening to tell everypony about who we were, that was merely to get our attention” Rarity said.

“Exactly! So then I don’t see why we can’t just let the guards handle it” she said annoyed.

“Oh Dashie your just upset because you were suppose to go to the Wonderbolts show today” Pinkie said.

“That’s totally beside the point” she said defensively.

“I’m sorry Dash and I promise to make it up to you, but I just have a really bad feeling about this” Twilight said with an apologetic look.

“Don’t sweat it egghead, besides there’s always the next show” Dash said. “So any leads on that whole teleporting dimensional thingy?” she asked.

“Dimensional traveling and no nothing so far” Twilight responded.

“Twilight dear is there even such a thing because I don’t even think I’ve ever heard of it to begin with” Rarity said with a look of uncertainty.

“Well from what I remember from reading there are only theories about the possibility of different dimensions, but nothing about traveling between them” Twilight said tilting her head in a thinking like manor.

“Care ta explain?” AJ asked.

“Well there are many different theories on Multiverse alone like Tegmark’s classification, M-theory, Anthropic principle and hay even Fictional realism. And then there’s, my personal favorite, the Many-Worlds Interpretation or MWI for short, where…” Twilight said before being interrupted by a loud fake snoring, courtesy of Rainbow Dash, which was followed by a couple of giggles from her friends.

Twilight scowled at her friend’s antic “Oh lighten up egghead and besides it’s not my fault you went all…uh egghead on us. Can’t you just...I don’t know make it short and simple” Dash said with a shrug.

“Oh oh let me Twilight I’m an expert on this stuff” Pinkie chimed in waving her hands frantically in the air like “I just don’t care” she said to nopony in particular her friends just simply ignored her comment.

“Go ahead Pinkie” Twilight gestured.

“Well basically for every action, even the most insignificant one, there is a world where it branches out. So for example what if today I ate a muffin instead of a cupcake, even though I love cupcakes, with their sweet sweet frosting and their yummy sprinkles, more than muffin and would eat them first, there would be a world where that Pinkie would be eating the cupcake I wasn’t going to eat” Pinkie said while she shifted a pair of reading glasses, that somehow got onto her face unnoticed, up to her eyes.

Her friends, especially Twilight, were surprised by how Pinkie explained the idea of different universes so easily. “So basically there’s a whole universe where I could have been already a member of the Wonderbolt” Dash asked getting a nod from both Pinkie and Twilight.

“But it’s also not that simple you see….” Twilight was about to say.

“Because Dashie I said the most insignificant thing like maybe I said this 1.1 second faster or maybe I said this .1111 seconds slower or maybe this simple grass was bent 1.57 degrees left” Pinkie said.

“That’s exactly right Pinkie, but how do you know about this?” Twilight asked.

“Because silly I travel between worlds all the time. Isn’t that right bronies” she said while talking to nopony in particular. Before Twilight and friends could even deny Pinkie’s words, Pinkie shot up quickly and said “Oh shoot I almost forgot” and magically brought out a piece of paper and quill. She scribbled something really quick on it and then stashed the letter into her hair making it disappear to parts unknown.

“Rrrrrright so anyway basically there’s nothing on dimensional travel” Dash said quickly storing the previous events under the ‘It’s a Pinkie thing’ cabinet. Set cabinet that a Pink pony is going through right now and should get out of her friends head and get back in the story.

“Well excuseeeeee me Author” she said again to nopony in particular.

Ignoring Pinkie’s randomness Twilight said “So far, yes nothing on dimensional travel. I’ll probably have to start from scratch, but even I don’t know how long this kind of project will take or even work” she said a bit sadden at the prospect of letting down BJ and his friends.

“Aw it’ll be okay sugarcube ah’m sure the guys will understand that there was nothin’ y'all could do” AJ said reassuringly.

“Speaking of those guys how was it letting them stay over, anything strange?” Dash asked getting odd looks from her friends.

“Uh it was pretty normal, why would it be strange?” Twilight asked confused.

“Well you know colts and mares under the same roof and what not” Dash said a mischievous smile spread across her face.

“Oh? OH! Dash that is most unladylike” Rarity with a small frown.

“Um ah’m not followin’” AJ said looking at Twilight for an answer, but only getting a shrug.

“Oh *giggles* I get it Dashie, you’re so funny, she was thinking something happened between us and the guys” Pinkie said.

“Well nothin’ really happened durin’ tah night, but in tah mornin’-” AJ didn’t even get to finish before she noticed her friends different reactions. Dash was holding her hands over her mouth to cover up her laughing, Rarity and Twilight were a light shade of red, Pinkie was just laughing hysterically and Fluttershy face was completely red. “What so funny all ah said was nothin’ happened and…ohhhh only you would think of somethin’ dirty like that Dash” AJ said embarrassed with a scowled look on her face.

“That was hilarious” Dash said in between laughs.

“*Ahem* Yes well it looks like our guest of honor has arrived” Rarity said gesturing towards the field where a lone figure could be seen making its way over towards them. The girls got up, dusted themselves off and made their way towards the brown cloak figure.

The figure stopped atop of a hill when the girls reached about halfway towards he spoke while raising his hand for them to stop “That’s close enough”. The girls stopped much to their protest and waited for him to speak, but he never did instead a disgust look, or what felt like one since the only thing visible part of his face was his mouth, was all that he gave.

“Are you the one who sent the letter?” Twilight asked trying to sound intimidating.

“Yes” the man answered.

“And you’re?” Twilight asked hoping for an answer.

“None of your business” he replied back coldly and then stared off into space.

There was an awkward silence in the field the only noise was that of the gentle wind blowing between them, causing their cloths and hair to sway with the wind. “So what…” Twilight tired to ask until Dash butted in.

“So what do you want we don’t have all day” Dash said impatiently.

“Hmmm oh yes that’s right” he said absentmindedly and much to Dash’s annoyance was simply ignored “I need you girls to do something for me”.

“And why should we” AJ asked crossing her arms in defiance.

“We wouldn’t want to have to drag that precious little town into our problems now would we” he said an evil smile spreading across his face.

“No we wouldn’t want that at all” Twilight said trying to calm down everypony “Now what is it that you need us to do?”

“Die” he said and magically threw a small ball of fire. Twilight instantly threw up a shield around her and her friends; the ball of flame hit the shield with a surprisingly quiet, but deadly explosion covering the field in a slight haze of smoke.

“Tch” he said noticing the purple bubble through the smoke.

Only then to side step out of the way as a blue blur came flying past him. “What the hay?” Dash said surprise on how her kick was easily dodge, especially since she snuck up on him, which in all honesty happens rarely when she gets into fights.

“Is that all you got” he yawned and acted like he was bored. This cause Dash to yell out in rage and fly right towards him. Right at the last second before Dash charged into him, time seemed to have slowed down as the man simply reached out his hand towards her neck, effectively stopping Dash in mid flight and throw her hard to the ground. Dash hit the ground with a thud, knocking the wind out of her and causing her to be slightly disoriented. The man stood over her, blades of ice spinning around his head “Bye, Bye” he said pointing his hand towards Dash. The blades stop there spinning and heading straight for Dash. Before Dash could even react her body disappeared in a flash of light and was now laying down next to her friends.

Shaking off the disorientation of the blow and getting a helping hand from AJ she rose back up to join her friends “Man that was close, thanks Twi” Dash said as the man continued to assault Twilight’s shield with fireballs, but to no avail.

“It ain’t over yet Dash” AJ said placing her hat on more securely so that it wouldn’t fall off.

After a couple of minutes the man simply stopped his attack now just standing there with what felt like a look of irritation. “Why are you doing this and why do we need to die” Twilight asked as she cautiously took her barrier down to catch her breath.

“Do I need a reason” he stated coldly motioning his hand the earth rumbled around him as a jagged looking chair came up from behind him. Twilight instinctively brought up a barrier around her and her friends again, but when she realized there wasn’t going to be another attack. She cautiously once more dispelled it and eyed the man as he took a seat in his chair. “You needn’t worry, I already know that I cannot beat the Element of Magic with my own magic” he stated simply.
“What do you mean that you don’t need a reason?” she asked confused.

“Exactly as it sounds. Do I need a reason to kill you” he stated once more.

“There has to be a reason, you don’t just go up to a bunch of ponies and say ‘oh I’m going to kill you now, k thanks’” Dash said to him mockingly.

“*sigh* it’s always the same thing. They say this and I answer, they bring up another pointless view and I respond back, and then it goes on and on and on and then I finally kill them. So if you don’t mind I wish to skip that and go straight to the killing part” he said and rose from his seat the chair disappearing in a cloud of dust.

“Yeah you and what army pal? Its six against one” Dash said triumphantly.

A wicked grin spread across his face, a dark aura started to spread around his body “I do love it when they say that” he said as he started to chant a spell. The sky around them started to cloud up with black ominous clouds, the air around them started to turn cold enough to see their own breath and the ground started to rumble making the girls shift their weights to help them from falling. As soon as the rumbling of the earth came it left taking away the coldness that surrounded them, only leaving the dark clouds above their surroundings.

“Ooooh you moved the earth and made it a bit nippy, I’m so scared” Dash said mockingly only to jump back in surprise as a torn piece of flesh came out from underneath the ground.

“You should be” the man said as more hands sprung out from underneath the earth. Slowly, but surely bodies of both flesh and bone started to rise from the ground. The undead like creatures all looked similar, the only noticeable difference between them being that they were different colored, but were severely faded out, different types of ponies and the different weapons that were among them like sword, bows and spears, yet shared the same worn out silver armor that they wore. There were about thirty of them just standing around the girls, occasionally letting out a hollow moan. “Since I’m a pony of…fairness, I’ll let you decide” he said and continued “A quick and painless death or a slow and painful one?”

“Yeah and how about neither” Dash yelled at him.

“I agree. Can’t we just talk about it, if you don’t mind me saying” Fluttershy said, but was pretty much ignored as Dash continued.

“I’ll just fly into town and let the princess know about this, maybe get some guards to come and help. Probably only take me a minute or two” she said puffing her chest up in pride.

“Yes that is a pretty sound plan, but would you really risk that and leave your friends behind”.

“Hey I’m the fastest flier in all of Equestria, I could probably do all that stuff in a minute and have enough time to kick your flank into next Tuesday” she said.

“Yes and I admit my magic is second rate compared to your friend, but even I could break her little barrier in a matter of a minute” he said.

“Yeah right, you’re totally bluf…” Dash said till she felt a hand squeezing her shoulder.

“He ain’t bluffing Dash” AJ said a hint of fear escaping her lips.

“Then again even if you did manage to get back here and your friends did survive my attack I could always just involve the residents of Ponyville into our little problem and then when they die you can ask yourselves why did we have to involve them or why did they die a pointless death, but hey it’s your call” he said with a shrug.

“Well I guess we have no choice then” Dash said getting ready to fight AJ getter prepared as well.

“Oh can we just talk about this” Fluttershy asked barely audible.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy I won’t let these…things near you” Rarity said positioning herself in front of Fluttershy.

“You still didn’t explain the reason why you’re doing this” Twilight pointed out, but the man simply ignored her question.

“Don’t worry Twilight that’ll be answer in the next episode of: Games in Equestria” Pinkie said like she was announcing it to an audience.

“Pinkie what the hay are you talking abou…” Twilight was about to ask, but then the undead like creatures started to make their way towards them.

“Enough talking, time for some action: AJ take the left side, Pinkie help Rarity with the rear, Twilight handle the front I’ll go right” Dash said and everypony sprang into action.