• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 14,822 Views, 485 Comments

Gamers in Equestria - Neoandermcd



Playing video games, check. Talking with friends, check. Being transported into the lands of Equestria with video game like powers and some evil plot unfolding...uh check.

  • ...
62
 485
 14,822

Chapter 8: A One Way Ticket? (Revised)


My PoV:

“Ow” I grumbled as I felt a book hit me in the face waking me up.

“Who the hay are you and what are you doing under there?” a young male voice asked me.

“Under where?” I asked and tried to get up, but couldn’t thanks to the shit load of books on top of me. ‘What the hell happened last nigh…Oh wait now I remember’ Last night or I guess early morning Twilight and I were reading book after book trying to find a spell to teleport us back to our world. At one point or another, Twilight fell asleep at around four in the morning and was sleeping peacefully. After getting over how cute she looked while sleeping I carried her gently/quietly up to her room and put her to bed. Since I wasn’t feeling tired, and I didn’t want to break her bed or couch thanks to my heavy armor, that I still couldn’t figure out how to take off and make it stay off permanently, I decided to continue reading. Although I didn’t find anything about dimensional travel spell I did learn a couple of things like how the currency is based rather straightforward in that a bit is worth well one bit and how unicorns use magic by making it happen rather than wanting it to happen, but the unicorn has to have the magic to actually do the spells or they’ll turn into disasters. Anyway a little after five in the morning I noticed we made quite a mess so I decided to clean up a bit and one thing lead to another and I somehow became buried under a pile of books.

As I tried to force my way at, to no avail I asked “A little help please?”

“Why should I for all I know you could be a thief” he replied back.

“Why would a thief steal from a library and why would a thief say please?” I asked there was a pregnant silence in the room.

“Good point” he said and removed the book that was resting on my face. “But that doesn’t mean I trust you so no funny business” said a familiar looking purple baby dragon with green fins and green eyes.

“Yeah yeah” I said dismissively as he started to dig me out of the book pile. Slowly, but surely I was finally able to get out of my book coffin and stretched out my sore limbs. Getting a better look at Spike I was surprised that he was actually the same size in the cartoon, which was a bit higher than my knee. It was also surprising that he wasn’t in a human like form like everypony else was, but I chalked it up to being because he’s a different species.

“So if you’re not a thief who are you exactly?” he asked.

“Well do you want the long version or the short version?”

“Short”

“Ok then, oh by the way you can call me BJ” I said and took in a huge breath of air “Me and my friends are from a different universe and somehow teleported to your world. We were in the Everfree forest, saved the CMC, found Fluttershy; but made her faint, got out of the forest, got into a fight with AJ, Dash and Rarity, beat them/held them captive, Pinkie brought Twilight, told her the gist of what happened, brought us back here, told them the whole story, my friends left to stay at some of her friends places while I stayed here to help her locate a spell to send us back home” I said somehow with one breath, Pinkie would have been proud.

He just stood there looking at me like I was either crazy or on drugs “Just go ask Twilight later if you don’t believe, hell I don’t even believe me and I’m the one living it” I said with a shrug.

“I didn’t say I didn’t believe you, besides the feeling I’m getting from you actually makes sense as to why I’m feeling cautious around you” he said more to himself than to me.

“Strange feeling?”

“Yeah it’s hard to explain, I feel like uh getting rid of you and not in the kiddy kind of way” he said confused. ‘Why would he want to do that I didn’t think I came off that hostile, there must be more to it than that’ I thought while I stood in front of him letting him think. “Like I said I don’t know, but it feels like you’re going to rip out my soul or something.”

“That still doesn’t make….Oooooh shit I forgot about that” I said realizing why he feels so threatened by me. ‘Dragonborn plus dragon equals dragon soul which in the game kills dragons, but I didn’t think that would apply here then again there hasn’t been any known death here in the show so that could mean dragons don’t die here, but maybe are reincarnated, like in the game, or something or it could just be because of our presence in this world to begin with’ I mused. “Don’t worry about it Spike I promise not to hurt you or anypony as long as my friends are not in harm’s way” I said to him reassuringly.

“Ok I guess…Wait how do you know my name?” he asked.

“Ask Twilight I don’t want to explain stuff right now, still tired, only got like *glance towards clock 8:38* three hours of sleep.”

“Wow only three hours how and why are you even up?”

“Well a book to the face tends to wake ponies up” I said eyeing him in anger.

“Eh heh right sorry” he said while rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. Spike and I then proceeded to start cleaning up the books that were scattered all over the floor and surprisingly in twenty minutes the books were all put away in their respected shelves.

“Wow we got that finished pretty damn quick, figured it would have taken us at least an hour or two.”

“Well when you live with a pony who loves to read and keep things organized you tend to pick up a thing or two” Spike said followed by the growls of our stomachs. “I’m thinking it’s time for breakfast”

“And I agree” I said as we made our way to the kitchen. The kitchen itself was rather small, but was rather normal besides that.

Taking a seat at the small wooden dining table I watched Spike fill a teapot full with water and set it on the stove to let it warm up, he then joined me at the table with a small bowl full of gems “So I was thinking oatmeal for you and Twi if that’s cool” he said and munched on a emerald.

“Sure why not” I said and then we sat there making small talk for a few minutes until the pot started to whistle making Spike get up and make a bowl of oatmeal for me and another for Twi setting it up for her when she wakes up.

As I was digging into my meal, which was delicious by the way, Twilight walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. She was still wearing the clothes from last night with a bad case of bed hair. “Morning sleepy *thunk* head…” I said as Twilight’s head connected with the table. She just mumbled something, turned her head and began to use her magic to lift her oatmeal to her mouth. I started at her with concern and envy, why because you know how awesome it would have been to be able to lift your food with magic and just eat it like a lazy person “Is she ok?”

“Hmm oh yeah she’s fine. She just doesn’t like to be up this early” he said dismissively.

“Hey Twilight wake up I need to ask you something?” I asked she responded with a mumble and continued to eat her breakfast.

“Hello Equestria to Twilight” I said lightly poking her on the arm. She simply ignored me.

“You’re just wasting your time” Spike said munching on a sapphire.

With a heavy sigh I gave up and finished my meal. As I got up to put the dishes away I noticed the fridge and an old memory from my childhood came up giving me a great idea. Setting the dish in the sink I made my way towards the fridge and opened it, looking for the two items I would need. I found the milk right away, but I couldn’t find any kind of hot sauce.

“What are you looking for?” Spike asked.

“Hot sauce” I replied back almost giving up until I saw it way in the back with giant note saying ‘Twilight don’t use its hot sauce’.

“What are you going to do with hot sauce and milk?”

“Oh you’ll see…also where are the cups?” I asked which he pointed towards a cabinet. I then poured a small cup of milk and set it near Twilight. After putting the milk away I made my way back over towards her, unscrewing the lid to the sauce and waited for the right moment to put it in her spoon. Just as the spoon was about to enter her mouth I dapped a couple drop of hot sauce on the spoon and put the hot sauce away. ‘Three…two….one’ I counted off and on cue Twilight shot up her face turning a shade of red, her eyes were starting to water up and she was fanning herself like crazy.

“HOT!HOT!HOT!HOT!HOT!” she said and tried to get up, but I stopped her by pushing her back down into her spot.

“Here” I said holding the cup of milk in front of her, which she grabbed quickly and drank it with gusto.

After a couple minutes of swishing it in her mouth she swallowed the milk and let out a satisfied ‘ahhh’ which quickly turned into a scowl. “Why did you put hot sauce in my oatmeal?” she asked upset.

“Need to ask you something” I said casually.

“And that would be?” she asked unamused.

“Are there more books besides the ones in the main room?”

“No all the books are in the main room.”

“*sigh* I see” I said disheartened.

Twilight must have put two and two together and tried to cheer me up “But the library here is much much smaller compared to Canterlot. I’m sure they must have something about dimensional…

“Ugghh can’t we just call it time traveling instead of dimensional travel” Spike interjected.

“Spike time travel and dimensional travel are two different things” Twilight responded back.

“Yeah but time travel is easier to say” he said with a shrug.

“Anyways” I said gesturing for Twilight to continue.

“I’m sure that there must be something there about dimensional traveling, although it will probably take a bit longer till you and your friends will be able to go home” She said, but I noticed doubt in her eyes.

“Better than nothing I guess” I said. Twilight quickly finished her meal and then went upstairs to change her clothes. We proceeded to talk both of us asking each other basic question about our worlds for an hour or so, while also recapping again to Spike who we were and stuff like that, until there was a knock at the door.

“Wonder who that could be?” she thought out loud and went to answer the door.

“Uh isn’t this a public library why would somepony knock?” I asked Spike.

“Cause the library doesn’t open for another few minutes *shrugs* maybe they just want to be respectful or polite” he said. As Twilight was finishing up her conversation I think since the cloaked figure didn’t give any signs of talking, just handed…hoofed?....uh screw it I’m going with hands since hooves don’t have fingers, a letter to her and quickly left.

She sat down across from me and opened the letter quickly reading it. “Nice conversation” I said making my way towards her while trying to take a look at the letter. I was only able to see one sentence of the letter before she wrinkled it up and lit it on fire ‘A simple don’t read my letter would have been good’ I thought. “Uh a simple no would have been fine ya know” I told her.

“What oh um sorry gotta go” she said rather quickly and made her way towards the door. “I’ll be back later, Spike keep an eye on the library” she said and left.

“Oh hey Twilight…well that was rude” said Ben entering the library.

“…” I sat there in deep thought.

“Eh some days she’s just like that” Spike said with a shrug.

“Hey you ok?” Ben asked taking a seat across from me.

“Yeah it’s nothing” I waved him off.

“So I’m guessing you’re Ben and you already know me I’m guessing?” Spike asked.

“Yeah nice to meet all the same” he said when the door opened revealing Manny and Pedro walking in, but they seemed off.

“Hey guys what’s wrong” Ben asked.

“Pinkie” they both said and proceeded to join us.

“Gotta be more specific than that” Ben said.

“She mind raped me in my dreams…” Manny said.

“And then sang a musical” Pedro finished.

“Yeah that’s Pinkie” Spike said with a nod.

“Whoa that huge gecko talked” Pedro announced to the world and then proceeded to back into the living room.

“I’m a dragon not a gecko” Spike said annoyed.

“Come on Pedro don’t pick on Spike” Ben said.

“Hey I’m not picking on him and besides what’s the worst that could happen?” He asked. Ben then leaned over towards him and whispered a couple of words. Pedro’s eyes shrank down a bit and said “Oh shit for real?”

“Yeah so I’d advise you to be careful”.

“What?” Manny asked confused.

“Sorry Manny these words cannot be said out loud” he said gesturing towards Spike.

The room went silent pretty damn quick. Everybody was just sitting there uncomfortably. Ben was lost in thought…as usual, Manny and Pedro were still trying to comprehend or get over Pinkie Pie’s action, Spike wasn’t sure of what to say or do and I just sat there looking at the window. “Hey Spike” I said gaining everyone’s attention “Mind letting us talk in private for a bit?”

“Uh yeah sure I have to go out to get some supplies today anyways, just don’t leave until I return alright” he said and left.

As soon as he left I turned to Ben a frown on my face “Start talking”.

“Whatever do you mean?” he asked innocently.

“Don’t bullshit us Ben we’ve been friend for years and we know you’re not telling us something” Pedro said annoyed.

“I want to tell you guys, but I’m just not sure how you’ll handle it” he said concerned.

“Geez Ben were not kids so don’t treat us like that and besides I’m the oldest here so if anyone should be keeping secrets to protect us it should be me” Manny said.

“I…I just don’t know” he said hesitantly.

Manny and Pedro then started to keep throwing out reason after reason as to why Ben should tell us, but Ben looked conflicted on deciding still. “We’re not going home are we” I said casually causing Manny and Pedro to stop their chant.

“How long have you’ve known?” he asked me.

“I could ask you the same thing, but I already have an idea ‘Who’ you asked” I said adding emphasis on who.

“Whoa Whoa Whoa back the fuck up what do you mean we’re not going home?” Pedro asked confused.

“It’s pretty cliché really” I said bluntly.

“Yeah well not for us apparently” Manny said annoyed.

“Every story ever written, conceived or what have you that follow the exact same plot as ours usually revolve around one simple concept. The hero or heroes never get to leave until they complete what they were brought for and I’m guessing that’s why the Doctor, who I’m guessing you ran off to meet with yesterday, told you that we're stuck here” I said eyeing Ben with a bit of anger.

“Whoa, whoa now. You met the Doctor?!” Manny asked surprised.

“Yeah and everything you said is true…we're stuck here for who knows how long” Ben said with a heavy sigh.

“And why didn’t you tell us?!” Pedro asked getting into Ben’s face.

“What would you expect him to say Pedro” I yelled at him and pulled him away from Ben “To just say ‘sorry guys were stuck here get over it’. I’ll admit it, I’m just as pist that Ben didn’t just tell us straight away, but I understand why he didn’t, it also doesn’t change the matter at hand” I said trying to calm everyone down.

A pregnant silence hit the room like shit hits a fan…not pretty. “So what now?” Manny asked breaking the silence.

“Get some jobs, buy our own place and we live our lives here as normally as possible” Ben said.

“To hell with that” Pedro said “I say we find the Doctor or whatever and force him to take us back home.”

“I’m with you Pedro” I said surprising everyone. “Except for forcing the Doctor to send us back, I say we do some research into dimensional traveling and talk to the princess about our situation right away”.

“*sigh* Guys he said that we're stuck here and…” Ben tried to say before I cut him off.

“Ben I really don’t give to bucks what he said. Even though this pains me to say, this is not our fight, we were not asked to help or given a choice in the matter, granted I’ve always dreamed of something like this happening and truth be told I was going to stay here anyways even if there was a way back home. However this is not fair to Manny and Pedro who want nothing to do with this world and I’ll be damn if I don’t do something about that”.

Silence held the room again for a few minutes until Manny asked “Wait what do you mean you’re going to stay?” making me the center of attention.

“Exactly as it sounds, I’m not going back home.”

“Why?” he asked again.

“It’s because he wants to be in this girly….” Pedro said until I glared at him, shutting him up.

“That’s part of the reason, heck if it were any other world like this I wouldn’t want to go back anyway” I said.

“You know BJ. I’m just as happy as you are about being in Equestria and all, but to stay here and give up everything back home I don’t know about that” Ben said.

I just started to laugh getting questionable looks from my friends “I don’t know about you guys, but my life is a broken record. I wake up, go to school one day the next day go to work, if I’m not doing either of those two I’m out and about helping family members do stuff. The only time I ever escape my dull and boring life is when I’m either watching a new MLP episode, playing some video games or reading some fan fics and even then I rarely get to do that. And hello earth to you guys, our world is in a shit hole that we can’t get out of, so if I want to be selfish for the first time in my life and actually make a choice then fuck yeah I’m staying here.”

“So you’re just going to leave everything behind just like that” Ben asked me.

“What’s left behind, my crappy job at McDonalds, my routine life as a mindless college student, wasting money on classes that will supposedly benefit me in the future for my career, and then what after college? Go into the workforce spend a good ten or twenty years of my life climbing the ladder, then maybe fall in love, start a family, teach my kids the same nonsense I was taught, eventually retire which will force me to stay at home and do nothing, then and finally then die of old age possibly alone with regret. Pray do tell me Ben why should I return.”

“…”

“Whoa BJ have you always been this fucked up?” Pedro asked me concerned.

“When you put it that way man then yes there’s no point in anything, but that doesn’t mean you should just give up on everything” Manny said concerned as well.

“Depends how you want to look at thing Pedro” I said with a sad sigh “I’m just so tired of the life I have, granted I’m not talking about ending my life, but the thought of going back to my mundane life…I would rather just be killed here and now ”.

“*sigh* I know where you're coming from and I would be lying if I didn’t say I have had the same…thought as well” Ben said a tinge of sadness in his voice. “But it’s our job as the next generation to fix our world no matter how crappy it is, Earth is still our home.”

“And that’s why we will continue to search for a way to send you guys home” I said another pregnant silence filling the room.

“Well” Pedro said clapping his hands to get everyone’s attention “so anything exciting happened last night?” We then shared tales of what happened last night which revolves around my troll on Pedro, Manny getting mind raped by Pinkie, Ben getting yelled at by AJ for helping her sister and my joke on Twilight.

Laughing at each other’s blunders I suddenly remembered something important from earlier today. “Oh shit” I exclaimed and raced over towards Twilight’s desk and started to write a note for Spike.

“What’s up?” Ben said joining me over by the desk.

“Earlier today a strange cloaked pony came by and dropped a letter off for Twilight” I said as I finished my note for Spike and placed it on a table near the front door.

“And?” Pedro asked.

“I didn’t get a good look at the letter, but one sentence said ‘Meet me at the edge of town or else’ and that usually tends to lead to something bad”.

“So why didn’t she ask for help?” Manny asked.

“Probably said don’t tell anypony else about it” Ben suggested.

“Either way I got a bad feeling when I saw that guy” I said making my way outside. I was met by the bright warm glow of the sun, colorful ponies walking to and fro going about their business.

“So we're just going to go out on a hunch?” Pedro asked.

“Well we could just sit in the library all day or we could just so happen to be out on a walk and just happen to bump into them in set walk” I said with mischief grin.

Pedro then pretended to cry while patting my back “I’ve taught you well”.

“Yeah don’t remind me” I said and started to make my way through the busy streets of Ponyville, my friend’s right behind me.