• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 14,822 Views, 485 Comments

Gamers in Equestria - Neoandermcd



Playing video games, check. Talking with friends, check. Being transported into the lands of Equestria with video game like powers and some evil plot unfolding...uh check.

  • ...
62
 485
 14,822

Chapter 11: Battle of the Living Dead Pt.2

Ben’s PoV:

I don’t know how I was suppose to rationalize what happened so far. It was just a normal weekend of my friends and I chatting about the week we had when out of nowhere we ‘magically’ teleported to the lands of Equestria. On top of that we some how gained powers from the games we were playing: Me with my ability to regenerate and not die from Minecraft; Pedro with his armor, skill set and a functional pipboy from Fallout New Vegas; Manny with the ability to backstab and turn invisible for a brief period of time from Team Fortress 2; and BJ with his armor, sword, shield and dragon shout from Skyrim.

Just one day here felt more like a vivid dream then the reality we were living. Traversing the dark dense forest of the Everfree while fighting off those coyotes and a manticore. How simple, terrifying and even exciting it was to work together like we did as if it was a fond memory we once shared. Meeting the local inhabitants brought forth a new fond memory we could share while also forging new bonds of friendship that would transcend time and space itself. Finally the prospect of setting up a new place for us to call our own. Living in this world and seeing all it could offer brought forth a new resolution for the four of us until a way home was found. Everything was going smoothly...hell I could have even said according to plan...but the world is never kind even in the lands of Equestria.

I don’t remember when I lost sight of BJ as he charged through the horde of the undead nor do I remember meeting up with the others as we stood there shell shocked. All I remember is the image of him apologizing with a sad yet content smile as the magic blast of fire and ice exploded where he stood causing the area to kick up a small, but dense dust cloud. I stood there mouth clenched shut as the event played over and over again like a broken record.

I wanted to convince myself that he was going to be fine. I wanted to convince the others that they were going to be fine, but I couldn’t find the voice nor the words to say anything. I felt my eyes tear up as they rolled down my face like a broken dam. The sobs of the girls could be heard as Rarity used AJ as a crutch while the latter hid her face behind her stetson hat. Pinkie’s puffy hair was straight as it covered her face though tears could be seen as they fell to the earth. Manny was on his knees still trying to comprehend what had happen to our friend as his eyes were glazed over while Pedro stood there. Though his expression was totally unreadable I knew he was mourning for the lost of our friend.

Then laughter filled the air.

It was a sickening one as Raven laughed hysterically. All of us as one glared at him with ill intent, but that only made him laugh harder. “To think I would get three for the price of two. It is just so...hilarious” he spoke and continued his crazed laugh. “What...what makes it even funnier was that the fool thought he was going to be able to stop that blow by merely being a human shield. It’s just so fu-”

“SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH” screamed Pedro, with righteous fury.

Raven merely waved his comment off “Oh come on. You have to admit how ridiculously pointless that act wa-”

“IT wasn’t ah pointless act you...you...” said AJ, struggling to find an appropriate word for him.

“Psychotic douche of a bastard whore” cried out Manny.

“That act was the most honorable and noblest act anyone could do and I will not stand here and hear otherwise” said Rarity, as she notched an arrow into her bow taking aim.

“Oh do not worry” said Raven, with fake pity. “You will soon be joining them shortly” his voice echoing out loudly as his undead army began to encompass us. As we prepared ourselves to fight once more his horn began to glow with power though out of the corner of my eyes I saw something moving from within the dust cloud. ‘...no way must’ve been my imagination’ as I focused on the enemy before me.

“AND with this, this is the end of the line!” he cried out, until a single shard of ice sped right past his cheek grazing him. Losing concentration he soon paused to look for the source of the magic until a hail storm of ice shards rained out from within the cloud.

Not reacting quick enough he raised his hands over his face to protect himself, but the shards never reached him as a wall of the undead converged over their master, shielding him from the blow.

Turning to look at the cloud of dust I could make out two silhouettes kneeling next to one another, but what really caught my eyes was the massive silhouette that seemed to tower over the both of them.

“That’s…that’s not possible” said Raven, his eyes going wide in panic. “YOU SHOULD BE DEAD” his horn glowing with power and fired a few dozen fireballs.

The massive silhouette simple raised one of it’s hand towards the oncoming storm as a white light illuminated the area. As the fireballs reached their target instead of exploding they simply vanished from existence. Raven was left speechless as he stood there while the rest of us just watched the exchange in stunned silence.

The silhouette took one step forwards as it took in a mighty breath of air and shouted to the heavens-

BJ’s PoV:

Death.

I always imagined it to be different. I imagined it to be an endless black sea of nothing or from what I was raised to believe as either a white bearded old guy welcoming me to heaven or some devil looking man welcoming to hell.

Either way what laid before me was a semi dark area with light peaking through. It reminded me of a cool summer day where you would find yourself a nice open field, take a nap and let the stress all go away...oh wait my eyes were just closed. At this realization I slowly opened my eyes only for the world to be a blurry mess of unclarity. Closing my eyes I gave them a few seconds of rest and slowly opened them once more. Looking at the world made me nauseous, but after a few moments the feeling passed and I was able to get a good look at my surrounding.

I was in the same field where I was fighting not a few moments ago, but it was different as I seemed to be floating or maybe a better way to describe it was as if I was in third person mode. Looking around I could see my friends in the distance, though it was hard to see their faces, while behind me Dash and Twilight were huddled together eyes shut. In front of me was the magical blast coming towards me while Raven had a sickening smug grin plastered across his face.

“Well this sucks” I stated, as I tried to move only to be firmly planted at my location. “Well that sucks even more” I continued though to nobody in particular. ‘Well I guess I’m stuck here like this for all eternity...yup this must be hell since this would be a perfect torturing device towards me’ my casual nature got the better of me until I realized I did in fact died.

“Wow I can’t believe how...calm I’m about dying. Either that's depressing, creepy, stupid or all of thee above” followed by a forced laugh that died down just as quickly as it came. “That's it then, I guess”.

I suppose that a small part of me always wanted this, but at the same time not so soon either. I mean there was still so much I wanted or never got to do. Fall in love, get a degree and a sweet job, grow old, have children/grandchildren, play Fallout 4 (what? It’s going to come out…eventually…), beat other video games I never got to play or finish, hit Pedro with a flounder, kick Pedro in the balls, kick him in the balls while slapping him with a flounder...well I guess I could just do the last one and count it as both. You know my life may not have been perfect, but there were some moments that made me happy to be alive, though I guess it doesn't matter now.

I was so lost within my thought that I jumped when I thought I saw something move. Looking at an undead trying to crawl over towards us I shook my head in disbelief ‘Must have been my imagination’ until I watched him for a few more seconds.

He moved.

It was subtle. No more like almost unnoticeable, but by god did it move. I tried to think why this could be happening as I looked every which way making sure I wasn't crazy- which I wasn't- until I looked up. My mouth dropped at what was above me.

I blinked, rubbed my eyes and blinked consecutively for the past minute. Though no matter how many times I did it still continued to stay there as if mocking me.

It was my equipment screen.

It just hanged there as if it belong there from the very beginning. It had four option: Up skills, right items, down map and left magic. After dumbly looking at it for a few minutes I decided to try and access it. I at first thought about where I wanted to go, but nothing happened. Then I tried to apply from what I learned about magic to it, but again nothing happened. I tried about a few more different way of making it work- hell I even tried yelling at it- but the results were just the same. Muttering a few choice words at it another idea formed, one that made me feel stupid for even considering it.

“Pffft yeah right like that's going to work”, but with nothing to lose I decided to try it anyways. Holding my hands up as if holding a controller I moved my left thumb left.

The menu changed as a list of magic popped up before me.

I stood there in stunned silence.

“You’re kidding me right?” I asked the screen, but it yielded no response. “You’re telling me we could have accessed the rest of our equipment/power by imagining using our frickin controllers!”

I wanted to rage. I wanted to cuss out who ever did this to us. I wanted to bash my skull against a wall. Hell I would have rather spent a lifetime trapped in a room with Pinkie having to deal with her randomness rather than find out about this, but that could wait right now. My friends and the girls needed me.

Scrolling through the options I looked at all the spells before me, but as it was right now I only needed one. Looking through them all I finally found the one I needed at the moment. Greater ward a spell that would-hopefully-negate his magical attack. Equipping it my hands subconsciously turned over to reveal my palms. A soothing wind wrapped around my hands as they danced around my finger tips. I could feel the magic as it coursed through my veins as it went up all the way towards my wrist. It was a very different yet amazing feeling, but I didn't have the luxury to describe it.

Backing out from the magic menu I almost existed out completely until I remember something else about my ‘character's build’. Moving over towards items a sub-items list popped up where I then went towards appeal. A list of all my cloths/armors popped up, but I ignored most of them for the moment until I found the ones I was looking for.

‘Equipping them’ I felt the object materialize onto my body which was odd since normally I didn't wear jewelry or accessories, but it felt rather normal for some reason. Looking at my right hand a beautiful hand craft-by your truly...technically- silver ring with a ruby red jewel attached itself to my middle finger. Looking at my chest I could also see a equally beautifully crafted silver amulet resting around my neck that had a sapphire in the very center of it. Looking at them I noticed that at first they would glow at different intervals compared to the rest of my armor, but eventually the entire set glew as one.

With that all done now I was ready. Backing out I ‘clicked’ B only for a message to appear in my vision.

It read:

Do not get used to time slowing down as it did, that was a one time thing for your benefit. Other than that have fun and don’t die to quickly. Since there would be no fun in that.
From, A Stone who’s bored

Reading the letter I was utterly confused, but didn’t have enough time to contemplate what it meant as time began once more. ‘I’ll think about it later’ raising my hands I combined the two spells to create a stronger version of the ward before me. Not a moment too soon as the blast crashed right into it. My barrier held strong though some of the magic ran wild as it struck everywhere that wasn’t directly behind me.

A cloud of dust kicked up obscuring my vision, but that didn’t stop me from keeping the ward going. A few seconds later and I could see/feel that the blast was no longer coming towards us. Lowering the ward I made my way towards Twilight and Dash to see how they were doing.

Twilight and Dash at one point opened their eyes and watched me repel the blast as if it was nothing, which in fact is not true. Twilight after a few moments tried to say something, but Dash beat her “THAT WAS-” though I quickly covered her mouth. Making a silent gesture to the both of them they nodded in understanding. Satisfied that they weren’t going to give away our position I moved my hand back to my side. “awesome~” she said quietly.

Remembering Dash’s injury I brought up my menu “How did you do that? I thought you guys didn’t have magic?” asked Twilight, as she observed me curiously.

Sad that time being slow was a one time thing I scrolled over towards Restoration spells and equipped Healing hands. “We don’t” I answered her and backed out of the menu. A warm glow encompassed my right hand as a small orange orb floated on my palm.

Reaching out to Dash I felt the magic do its magic-okay wow that was lame and I feel bad-as orange lights began to swirl around her form. Her once injured wing soon began to close up and after a few seconds closed up completely. Lightly testing her wing she gave a small wince, but other than that she seemed okay.

“However my powers encompasses some magic” I said, unable to see very well I was able to hear where Raven was at least as his sickening laughter continued. Looking back towards the two I asked, “Okay we need to get back to the others. Twilight, do you think you can teleport us back once the dust cloud is gone?”

She thought about it for a second and answered “I think so”.

“Perfect. After that, you girls can probably rest and we’ll take over from there” I said while getting up. They tried to ask what I was thinking, but I ignored them as I tried to focus in on where Raven was.

Going through the magic screen once more I equiped Ice Spike and charged up a shot. “You will soon be joining them shortly” he said, rather loudly. ‘Well ain’t that perfect’ looking towards where I thought he was I then released the shard of ice. With the cloud of dust still obscuring my vision I wasn’t sure if I hit him. Remembering what I read about magic a thought occurred ‘If my dragon shout could become stronger in a cave I wonder what would happen if I were to focus more magic into the spell’. Focusing towards the task I mad-no willed for the spell to work as I released it once more. Instead of a single measly shard of ice a small storm of shards soared towards the same area as before though this time I was able to hear as the shards pierced what sounded like flesh.

‘Did I get him?’ I wondered, only to receive my answer.

“YOU SHOULD BE DEAD” screamed Raven, as an orange color began to make its way towards me.

“That’s a no” quickly raising my left hand I casted greater ward once more. The blast of fireballs merely evaporated into nothing as I stopped the spell. ‘Okay I think it’s time to finish this’ opening up my magic screen once more I went towards my dragon shouts instead of my spells. Finding the right one and backing out once more I took a step forward while inhaling a deep breath of air. Releasing it I shouted to the heavens “Od Ah Viing!” the shockwave of energy parting the dust cloud that surrounded us.

My friends and the girls cheered in happiness for our well being while Raven continued to stare at us with untold confusion and rage. “NO, NO, NO, NO! YOU. SHOULD. BE. DEAD!” throwing another swarm of fireballs towards us.

Raising my hand I activated my spell and blocked his magic once more. The look on his face was priceless as he looked at me profoundly. “Twilight, now!”, though her horn was already glowing with arcane energy as she teleported us over towards the others.

Getting over the disorientation before I could say anything I was assaulted by my friends and the girls as they hugged us to death. “Can’t...breath” I choked out as they finally released us. Before they could ask us what happened I looked towards my friends “Guys to get to your equipment imagine using the controller you were using”.

They just looked at me profoundly and as one said, “What?”

“Look I know how stupidly crazy that sounds, but its the truth”

Pedro and Manny continued to give me a blank stare though Ben had a more thoughtful look on his face. Though that quickly changed as he went bugged eyed followed by the repeating action of blinking as if trying to awake from a dream. “What the…that’s just so…”

“Stupid”

“I was going to with retarded, but that works too” he conceded, as a small brown cube appeared in his hand. Setting it down a crafting table appeared before him its 8-bit weirdness clashing with the real world’s image.

“What in tarnation is that?” asked AJ, while looking at it.

“It’s a” - Ben answered though stopped for a moment- “Actually it’s dead weight right now. Damn if only I had some materia-Rarity!”

“Y-yes?” Rarity responded back.

“Please, please tell me you might have some diamonds on you”

Briefly patting herself she came up empty handed and muttered an apology though a look of realization came over her as she looked at Pedro. He looked at us and we looked at him.

“What?” he asked ignorantly.

“Pedro” I said.

“No seriously I've no-”

“Pedro” Ben and Manny joined in.

“...But...I’m going to be ri-”

“Pedro, just give Ben the diamonds!” we all shouted.

Reluctantly he fished through his coat pocket and gave them to Ben, “You owe me diamonds”.

“Yeah, yeah” with a half-hearted wave he quickly got to work.

“So I guess you weren’t lying about the whole controler thing” commented Manny, as we watched Ben work. Ben’s hands moving so fast that it was hard to keep up with what he was doing.

“Looks like it...which is bullshit because that means I knew about this from the time I leveled up” grumbled Pedro, as he now held a riot shotgun in his hands.

“Oh there we go” as Manny looked up. “Wow this is bizarre and-Hey someone screwed up my loadout!” he then began the laborious process of fixing them.

“Manny worry about that later right now we need…” I paused for a moment since I knew I was going to regret saying it. “Him”.

A look of realization crossed Manny’s face “You don’t mean...him”.

“No” said Pedro, firmly.

“Look Pedro, normally I’d agree with you, but right now we need the Demoknight if we want to survive” those words were poison to my ears.

“I hate to agree, but BJ’s right” Ben commented. We were taken back not by him surprising us, but at the outfit he wore. Ben was now stylishing a full set of diamond armor with a matching sword. Its 8 bit weirdness still clashing horribly with the world. The girls looked at Ben with mild confusion except for Rarity as she marveled at the weird design and Pinke because well...she’s Pinkie.

Pedro let out a low cry for his lost diamonds, but we ignored him as Ben continued “Sure, Manny has been know to...get out of hand, but he has been making progress”.

Looking towards Manny we could see him jumping up in down in excitement. “Improvement huh” said Pedro, unimpressed.

“At any rate this is the game plan” I said, bringing us back to the problem. “Pedro, Ben, you two will be on the defense while Manny and I take care of Raven”.

“You know we could always just snipe him” suggested Pedro, while he made a sniping motion with his hands.

Ben shook his head at him, “You could do that, but we would then lose valuable information”.

I nodded in agreement, “Ben’s correct. There’s something big going on and we need to at least be aware of it”.

“ENOUGH!” cried out Raven, his mane was erratic as it went each and every way while his body began to turn a pale white. “It makes no difference if you have magic or not. I still have an army! What do you have?”

An ear screeching roar filled the air causing everyone to flinch. It was then followed by a streak a flames as the undead army before us was reduced to nothing but ash. A mighty shadow flew by us as it began to circle above. Odahviing was easily as tall as the earthen wall that towered behind me with enough height to rest his head on. His body was a dark maroon red while his wings and underbelly were a dull grayish color.

Raven was left expressionless as he stared at the creature above him. With a smug expression I answered, “We got a dragon”.

“K-k-k-kill them. NOW!” the undead army snapped to attention as they charged towards us.

“Odahviing, make sure none of them get towards that town!” I don’t know if he responded back to my request or not, but I did know he was going to follow my order as another streak of fire covered the sky wiping out the undead pegasi with ease. “Manny you rea-” I didn’t have to finish my sentence as Manny charged head first towards the horde.

Manny was no longer in his Spy suit, but was now adorned in his Demoman outfit. Though instead of his normal shoes he wore the Ali Baba’s Wee Booties, with the Splendid Screen over his left arm and the Eyelander in his right hand...*sigh* he was also wearing the Treasure Hat hat and the Dangeresque, Too? shutter glasses. The undead didn’t know what hit them as he chopped through three of them with ease. Manny then executed the decapitation taunt, slicing through four more “This.Is.Awesome!”

The roar from Pedro’s shotgun filled the air as he released four rounds at the oncoming undead. “We just released a monster”.

“Well better than them then us I suppose” said Ben, as he sliced through the undead with cold efficiency.

“At any rate keep the girls safe” I said while making my way over towards Manny. “This’ll be over before you know it”.

“I still don’t know why we just can’t shoot him” Pedro called out jokingly.

Ignoring him I made my way over towards Manny’s side occasionally burning any of the undead who got in my way. Reaching his side I had to duck out of the way as his blade soared towards me and through two more of the undead. “Manny, focus. I need you to clear a path towards Raven”.

He just nodded with a gleeful smile as he recklessly charged forward. Sighing at the monster we released I soon followed him in his wake. The world before me became a blur of motion and action as the sweet feeling of adrenaline kicked in.

Dodge. Release streak of flames. Take hit. Turn undead to ash. Heal. Follow after Manny. More flames. Smell of undead flesh being burnt...oddly enough smells like jerky. Dodge spell. Shoot stream of ice shards. Block spell. Chase after Manny. With each passing second I became more accustomed to switching in and out of my screen while also on the move.

Manny gets swarmed. Go over to help him only for the pile to explode of body parts flying everywhere. Manny’s injured rushes over to heal him only for him to chop an undead and watch as his wounds heal up. Still hurt, but better than before. Releases twin flames to give him time to recover before we move on. I feel him grab me and pushes me towards Raven. Eyes lock for a moment and I nod in understanding. Manny releases a war cry and charges head first into the undead once more.

I look towards Raven and inhale a deep breath of air. Raven notices me looking at him and he prepares to unleash a spell. “Wuld Nah Kest” I cried, rushing forward at incredible speed. In a matter of seconds I was already a foot away from Raven.

Raising his hands he quickly casted a barrier. As my shout crashed into his spell they cancelled one another out. A small explosion roared out causing us to stumble backwards. Shaking it off we began to circle one another. Our standoff came to an end as Raven releases a streak of flames. Though that was easily blocked by my ward. Retaliating I use the spell ice storm as a small ball of ice creeped it’s way over towards him. He dodge with little effort though that was the plan as I released a hail storm of ice spikes. He smiles smugly as a group of undead sprung up from the ground taking the blow in full earnest.

More undead rose from the ground and surrounded me. “You and your friends should have just minded your own business” said Raven, as he charged up his magic once more.

Mimicking his idea I equipped fire storm-my strongest area of effect spell-and went through the animation for it. Watching me closely he didn’t realize what I was doing until the last second. Two small flames danced around the palms of my hands as I held my pose, “Yeah, but we’re really damn nosey” I respond light heartedly. “This is your last chance. Give up now or face my wrath” my expression making a one eighty as I glare at him.

Pedro’s PoV:

Shoot. Duck. Reload. Shoot. Kick. Dodge. And shoot once more. I fell into a strange dance of sort as I weaved through the never ending horde of the undead.

Behind me the girly ponies were still stunned at the change of events while in front of them acting like a knight stood Ben, his blade cutting through the undead like a hot knife through butter.

“Hey if you girls are just going to stand there could you do it somewhere else” I cried out. “You’re just getting in the way”.

“Yeah says the guy who I kicked his flank without breaking a sweat” said Dash. “Besides I still have enough energy to kick some flank-” trying to take off she made it only a few inches off the ground, but winced as her injury flared up again.

AJ went over towards her down friend and began to supported her “You okay there sugarcube?”

“Peachy”.

“I think what Pedro, is trying to convey is that you girls have done enough and should go take a breather” said Ben, intercepting a few that tried to get by. Motioning towards the wall he continued “Twilight, why don’t you teleport the five of you up on top of that wall you made. It’s probably the safest spots here”.

“But Ben, we can’t leave you guys to fight by yourselves” Twilight said. “This is our mess and we should be the ones to clean it up”. The girls nodded their heads in agreement.

‘Oh brother’, Rolling my eyes I then elegantly made my way towards them. Reaching them in a few seconds I then lightly pushed AJ who lost her balance and crashed into the others creating a dog pile or technically pony pile I suppose. They glared at me with ill intent “What the hay was that for, you jerk” yelled Dash.

Firing a barrage of shots, my gun finally ran low and I was forced to switched over to another. Scrolling through my list I equipped my Weathered 10mm pistol and released a short burst of shots. “Proving a point” I said while reloading my magazine. “You girls are too tired to the point where a simple shove took you all down. I get you want to fix your own problems, but you shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help now and again”.

I could feel them looking at me as if I was speaking another language. “Did you just...show compassion?” said Rarity, awestrucked.

Ben wore a shit eating grin, “Don’t expect that to happen often”.

“Up yours good buddy” giving him the bird I then released another short burst of shots.

AJ sighed, “He might be right, Twi. We ain’t in no condition to be fightin’ no more”.

Twilight released a low steady breath of air, but nodded in agreement. “All right, but if we think you guys need help we’ll come to your rescue”.

“Better than nothing” said Ben, as he ran off to draw the undead’s attention.

As Twilight charged up her spell a wickedly smart idea came to mind. As she was about to release the spell I grabbed on at the last second though did not account for what happened next. “Good lord this would be a dream come true if I wasn’t suppose to be killing me some zombies” as Rarity and Pinkie rested near my lower region.

This got me some unamused looks, but I ignored them. Getting up I made my way towards the lip of the wall and equipped my newly received weapon. The Red Glare was the name of the rocket launcher that I scavenged from the Divide. It reached to about my chest and had a dull green for its base with an image of the old world flag resting at the barrel. Though this baby was special as I completely modded it out with faster rocket speed, faster fire rate and increase zoom.

Taking aim I was ready to unleash a barrage of rockets when suddenly I felt a little patriotic. Clearing my throat I began to sing “O say can you see, by the fuck load of zombies~” as I fired the first round into the horde of the undead.

“What in tarnation is that awful sound?” said AJ, as she covered her ears. ‘Hater’

“It sounds like bad case of diarrhea” said Dash, mimicking AJ’s idea. ‘Well you’re a lesbian bitch, so there’

“It sounds more like a blender blending nails” said Twilight, as she magicked up ear plugs. ‘Well you’re a nerd’

I was waiting for miss prissy pants and hacker pink pony to say something, but soon found they were silent...to silent. Turning around I found out why. Rarity, fainted from my lovely singing while Pinkie, held a white flower as she pretended to have been killed. ‘...Screw it I don’t care’ Reloading I continued my beautiful singing “Where so proudly torn apart, while I laughed my ass off~”.

Arrows and spells whizzed by me as the undead started to focus on me “Who the hell shot at me, because now I’m going to kill you~”. Another barrage of rockets rained down upon the lands as small cluster of red explosion blasted them all to pieces.

Though that didn’t stop them from coming which was fine by me. “Valiantly they march, they were still so gallantly blown apart~” I snickered a bit as I lost my composure, but I was able to get it back under control.

Reloading I continued “And by the rockets’ Red Glare-Ha-,body parts bursting everywhere~”.

The undead soon began to step it up as I was now forced to side step out of harms way every so often. “Gave in that night, and went back to their god damn graves~”.

As the song began to reach its climax I became more reckless with conserving ammo and more focused on explosions, “Why the hell did I start singing~”.

“It was for the shit~”, Firing off a three round barrage of rockets I decided to finish up my song. “And giggles~” as I released the last rounds of rockets that I had on me.

“Whelp your useless now” I said, casually and equipped my light machine gun with it’s beautiful expanded drum mod. With a bow towards my undead audience and then towards the living ones I then jumped off the ledge.

Some would think this was stupid, but I had a plan of sorts. Falling I angled myself to crash into one of the undead pegasi and was successful. Just before we crashed I put him in front of me to cushion the blow. Low and behold my half assed plan worked as I survived with nothing more than bruised legs. The undead that surrounded me shuffled towards me, but I was quicker as I unleashed a hail storm of 5.56mm rounds into every direction.

Continuing my onslaught I felt something was out of place. Like I was forgetting something. As I continued to mow down the never ending horde my light machine gun ran out forcing me to switch to my beautiful CZ57 Avenger mini gun. Continuing my onslaught once more only a few rounds later and that was out of ammunition as well. ‘You know I don’t even remember why I picked you up as you eat through ammunition like there’s no tomorrow’. Shifting through what guns I had left-while dancing around the undead-I equipped my unique cowboy repeater, La Longue Carabine that I ‘liberated’ from someone who was never going to see any real action with her.

She was quite the beauty with her maple like wooden body and her shiny steel bits and pieces. Though there were a few nicks here and there, it just showed that she was one tough customer that also knew how to pack a punch. Also yes she’s a she so get over it. Firing off a few rounds I finally was able to remember what was missing. Scrolling through my pip boy-while firing off a few more rounds-I finally found the radio section.

There were only two option that I had right now: One section said MP while the other said FS. WIth no distinction between the two I choose FS and was rewarded with the ending from a Fallout 3 classic I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire. ‘Hmm maybe FS stands for Fallout songs or something’ though I was brought out of my thoughts as my girl demanded more ammunition. Treating my women with respect I reloaded her while introducing an undead’s face to the heel of my shoe. Needless to say they didn’t play very nice with one another.

With a quick spin-while pumping the lever-I let loose another few shoots while one of my all time favorite songs from New Vegas began to play (Ain’t that a kick in the head?). “Oh yeah now shit is going to get real” while carving a path through the undead and slowly making my forward.

Manny’s PoV:

Pain. The feeling of blood dripping down my side. A ringing noise is all I could hear. An undead charges towards me. Disoriented I luckily slice his head off. Feeling a bit better. The ringing is gone. BJ is beside me releasing twin streaks of flame. I grab him. Look him in the eye and point him towards Raven. He understands. Gives a nod. I return the gesture and bellow out a war cry as I charge the undead once more.

The pain from before clears my head allowing me to think clearly. Dodge war hammer. Slice head off. Pain from before is non-existent now. Undead soon begin to swarm me from every direction. Barrage of slices deals with the lot easily. They keep coming. I keep swinging. Neither side is making any progress. I attempt to charge forward. Blast of fire catches me off guard. Stumbles back. Feel something swing into my side. Another war hammer. Think I hear a ribs snap. Get knocked to the ground. Feel the undead hold me down while stabbing me with their various weapons. Try to muster strength. Nothing happens. Pain intensifies.

Heartbeat beats like crazy. Adrenaline goes up a notch. Muster strength once more. Able to get sword arm free. Slice an undead. More strength returns. I slice another and another and another each one give me life and energy. I stand back up. Some undead continue to cling to me. Each one stabbing me to slow me down. I move forward. I slice another that tries to jump onto the pile. I see a look in their eye as I continue to make my way forward.

It was fear.

Ben’s PoV:

“Damn” I cursed, my diamond sword finally breaking. It was odd since the entire blade just vanished from existence. ‘That answers one question I suppose’ as I equipped my other yet last diamond sword.

An arrow flies by nearly lodging itself into my skull. I charged forward-adrenaline still pumping strong through my veins- and slice through her clean. With a duck and a roll I take her bow and arrows. I then quickly equip them and let loose a volley of arrows towards a group of undead mages. The arrows find their marks as they now reside in their skulls. Re-equipping my sword I slice through an undead’s sword and decapitate him with one single motion.

I stop for a moment to catch my breath though soon regret it as I am now surrounded. Each undead brings their weapon to bare and strikes where I’m kneeling. I didn’t have time to dodge or kill them all. With no other option I aimed down and began to dig. Three blocks down I went. Reflexively I closed my eyes, but quickly opened them only to come face to face with a very flat war hammer. ‘Anything less than three and I’d have been bashed open like a pinata’. An undead peered down the hole I made. Naturally I introduced him to my sword though now it becomes crowded in my hole.

Before anymore could pop in I began to dig away. Moving about six blocks right I felt safe enough to resurface. Hopping back up to the surface-thanks to the good old place jump trick-I flanked the undead that surround my hole and killed them before they could retaliate. An arcane blast hit me causing me to fall face first to the ground. Shaking the blow off I switched to my bow and fired off a shot towards the mage. The shot held true as the undead fell over and disappeared, but at a price as my bow shattered to pieces in my grasp.

Looking at my equipment I could see that my sword was heading towards limeish green while my armor where all in the low yellows. That didn’t stop me. It couldn’t stop me. I just needed to keep pushing forward. Just a little longer and everything would be over with.

An explosion echoed out for all to hear.

BJ’s PoV:

Raven seriously contemplated my question for a moment as he observed his army being easily repelled by my friends. Closing his eyes he took in a deep steady breath of air and released it as he match me with a determined look. Fast as a whip he released his spell while the undead army encompassed me. Just as they were about to full cover me I released my own spell. A huge explosion of fire roared out for miles as the undead were burnt to ash while Raven’s spell was overpowered by my own.

We both stood there. Raven breathing heavily while I stood there barely breaking a sweat. With a flick of his wrist his blade came out once more. Impaling his hand again I could feel/see Raven’s magic surround him. It was a sickly looking black with splotches of red in between. His already pale skin turned a deadly shade of snow white as he struggled to hold himself up.

Raising his hands he released a storm of fireballs towards my vicinity. I raised my ward up though only a few actually hit while the others soared past me. ‘Man he really like to use that sp-’ while making a balant observation a thought occured. I tried to suppress my laugh, but in the end lost as I held my gut.

Raven glared at me “What is it that you find so funny?”

“Firecrotch” I mumbled out.

“What was that?”

Catching my breath I wore a shit eating grin and cried out in laughter “Your new nickname is Firecrotch”.

He looked at me with a blank expression as the joke went over his head. “HA I get it” cried out Pedro.

I chuckled a bit more though had to stop and throw up another ward. A stream of flames evaporated as it touched my ward. Raven had to stop his assault once more as he took another breather. The short magical boost wasn’t doing him much as the price of being winded and disoriented made it a miracle in itself as he continued to stand.

Allowing him to catch his breath I decided to take the opportunity and see how my friends were doing. They were doing fine-though I didn’t expect anything less- as they held their ground. Though something else caught my attention. In the distance towards Ponyville I could see something make its way towards us. Focusing I finally was able to make out who they were which brought a small smile to my face. Holding their banner high was the Equestrian flag as a few hundred royal guards made their way towards us.

“Well, well, well, looks like the cavalry has finally arrived” I gestured with a nod of my head.

Raven glanced at the direction and merely tsked in annoyance. “Do you think that such a small platoon will be able to change anything? No those guards are weak in body and mind, and will be nothing more than a nuisance” as he waved them off. “What really changed the outcome was you four and that leaves me with one question: Who are you?”

It took me a moment to realize that we did in fact never introduce our selves. I took a few moments to consider how to respond to his query. Satisfied I began “To the man who’s giving piggyback rides to your army is a mercenary. Though this mercenary has the ability to change his class at the drop of a hat. From offensive to defensive to support: each one offers something that the other can’t and each one is just as deadly as the last. He’s the man who know the most random of things and the designated cook of our group. His name is Manny, and he’s the Jack of all trades”.

“To the man who’s decimating your army with nothing more than a flick of his trigger finger is the man who brought independence to New Vegas. A man who: pulled the greatest heist the world never thought was possible, tipped the scale of a war between two tribes, brought order to a land where scientific experiments ran wild and traveled down a road that no man ever wants to do alone. To some he’s referred to as a messiah, but to us he’s the lovable asshole of our group. His name is Pedro, and he’s the Courier”.

“To the man wearing diamond armor-yes it’s diamond armor-is a craftsman of sorts. From monuments to castles to dungeons to traps to armor and blade. He has made most of them by hand with nothing more than with tools, time and imagination. Slayer of zombies, creepers, spiders and pigmen he is also are unofficial tactician/brains of the group. His name is Ben, and he’s the Minecraftian”.

“And finally yours truly”, as I equipped chain lightning in my right hand. A small current of electricity danced around the tips of my fingers, but never strayed any further. “I’m the Arch-mage of Winterhold, Blood-Kin to Orcs, Guild Master of the thieves guild, member of the Nightingales, Harbinger of the Companions, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood and Thane of nine realms. To some I’m dragonborn and to my friends I’m the unofficial leader of the group. My name is BJ, and I’m Dovahkiin or in english ‘Born Hunter of Dragonkind’”.

We stood there in relatively-because of the fighting still going on-silence. “If that was suppose to frighten or impress me then you will be sorely disappointed” responded Raven, horn glowing once more. Bright orange orbs began to appear above our battleground almost blanketing the sky. Though no bigger than a child’s ball I could feel the power that they held which brought a shiver down my spine. “You and your friends have been worthy adversaries, but I no longer have the luxury of waiting any longer” as more and more orbs continued to appear. “This will be the last and final time I say this: This is the end” shouted Raven, only to cry out in pain as a current of electricity enveloped his body.

“You know it’s kind of funny” I said, charging up the spell once more. “I was going to say the same thing”.

He stood there panting in exertion while small sparks of blue electricity danced around his form. Horn glowing once more a black barrier appeared before him blocking a direct shot towards him. He wore a smug smile as he stood there-more and more orbs littering the sky- though I was going to fix that. Releasing the spell he brought his barrier to bare only for the shot to miss and hit the ground behind him. He was going to mock me, but stopped as he cried out in pain once more. Baffled he looked at me wide eye.

You see chain lightning is arguably one of the most useful spells in Skyrim. Not only does it damage health and magicka, but it targets the closest thing in the vicinity. Meaning I could literally miss each shot and it would still jump back and hit my enemies. Not only that, but it could also hit multiple targets. Fighting dragons and other magicians in Skyrim, this spell saved my ass more times than I could count and now I’ll have to add one more to that list.

Straining himself, Raven created two black barriers: one in front and another behind him. I took notice that the orbs decreased in number though were painstakingly appearing back. Equipping chain lightning to both hands I released two shots: one to his left side and one to his right side. Though Raven was confused he was ready this time. As the shots hit the ground beside him they arched towards the openings in his side. Attempting to dodge the attack he soon found it futile as they honed in on him and struck once more.

Another cry of pain escaped his lips as his body spasmed. Unable to hold both barriers up the one behind him disappeared while also more of the orbs vanished from the sky. Breathing heavily he took notice of the sky and realized what my spell was slowly doing. Horn glowing the orbs began to glow a bright orange until I released another chain lightning. Spasming once more he tried again to activate his spell, but another shot forced him to stop. This went on for a few more times each time fewer and fewer orbs were left in the sky. Eventually Raven could no longer hold both his barrier and the orbs in the sky as both disappeared.

Raven unable to bare his own weight fell to one knee breathing heavily. Making my way towards Raven I could hear the undead army making their way towards me. Equipping healing hands and sparks I went Emperor Palpatine on Raven’s ass as blue electricity shot out towards him. Crying out in pain once more as he immediately fell over and spasmed on the ground. As the first wave of the undead reached me I didn’t have to stop as they crumbled before me. Standing over him I did the cruelest-yet very effective means of training-thing in Skyrim as I shocked him while healed him simultaneously. Being careful-since one of my perks has the chance of turning him into a pile of ash-I continued my assault every so slowly lowering his magic.

The undead army continued their advance, but never reached me as they would crumble into dust. As the last of the army was put down rays of sunlight cut through the dark clouds bringing warmth and light to the area once more. With his magic depleted I stopped my assault and left him there to spasm. Walking over towards the side of the hill I could see my friends making their way over towards me backed up by the girls who were backed up by the royal guards. In the distance I could see Odahviing flying away, with his job done he had no reason to linger any longer.

With adrenaline leaving my body I felt exhaustion hit me like a brick to the face. The heat that I was radiating began to make the suit of armor very uncomfortable. Going towards my equipment screen I equipped ‘casual cloths’-as that was what it labeled them-and was now sporting simple blue jeans, black shoes and a steel gray shirt.

“Don’t think that this is over” Raven said, his voice hoarse as he struggled to stand. Watching him it took him only a few moments to get his bearings, but he was still on the verge of keeling over. “This is merely the appetizer to the events that will unfold. And once my master learns of my demise he will come here himself to take care of all of you” he smiled with a crazed look in his eyes.

“You still haven’t explain to us why this is happening in the first place or who is behind all of this” I questioned, while glaring at him though the world around me began to go dark. ‘What the?’ as sleeps tight grip took hold of me. I fought to stay awake long enough to hear his answer, but it was on deaf ears as only bits and piece could be heard. Unable to hold my own weight up I fell to one knee barely keeping myself awake.

Raven finished answering my question-though I didn’t hear a lot of it- brought out his dagger. Fear creeped into me as I was unable to defend myself only to be shocked as to what he did next. Grasping his dagger with both hands he pierced his own heart. What life was left in his eyes were gone as his body fell over. I could hear the cries of my friends calling out to me, but soon joined Raven on the ground as sleep took hold of me.