• Published 11th Feb 2014
  • 1,809 Views, 44 Comments

The Mary Test Diaries, Episode 1: "Where Am I?" Part 1 - MathewSwiftMLP



After a major malfuntion in her lab, Mary Test is sent to another world and sees help from a purple unicorn. Wait...WHAT?!

  • ...
3
 44
 1,809

Chapter 2: The Core of the Apple

Chapter 2: The Core of the Apple


Mary Test POV


I woke up, on Twilight's bed, and I saw the unicorn, asleep on her desk, piled with about a hundred books across the desktop. I got used to being an equine, more quicker than I expected. I trotted over to Twilight and shook her awake. Her eyes were baggy tired, and she didn't look too good.

"You don't look too good, Twilight." I told her, looking at the books, being used as a pillow.

"Oh, hey, Mary." She croaked. "I've been up all night, researching the Elements of Harmony." Say what?

"Elements?" I asked. "What are they?"

"That's the problem! I have no idea! Apparently, they're the only things that can stop Nightmare Moon, but the information is nowhere to be found!"

"Have you tried using Google?" Hopefully, that will help her.

"What's Google?" asks Twilight. You ponies don't even have any technology?! Damn.

"Never mind." Then, came a knock on the massive doors. Twilight used her magic to open it, and in came a pony in golden armour and he had a black coat. I can tell that he was a male, because he was muscular and his muzzle was more larger than Twilight's.

"Miss Sparkle," He said. He sounded just like the General back in Porkbelly. "Her majesty has called upon a chariot for you and your dragon."

"Thank you, General." Twilight used her violet-coloured aura, and placed a few extra books in her saddlebags that Spike prepared the following night. He even prepared a teal saddlebag for me.

"Thank you, Spike." I said to the little dragon.

"Don't worry about it, Mary." Spike smiled. "What are friends for?" Friends. The one thing I never had in Porkbelly. I smiled back at the little reptile, when Twilight called from the hallway.

"Come on, Spike and Mary!" We raced each other out of Twilight's room and into the hallway which lead to a golden chariot, being pulled by two Pegasus soldiers. Spike won, so he rode up front with Twilight, while I was in the back of the chariot, reading a story called 'Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Stone.' From the appearance of the font and the author A. K. Yearling, it must be a mix between Indiana Jones and Harry Potter.

I settled in comfortably and told Twilight and Spike all about my latest adventure.*


"Hey, Mary," asked Spike. "Can you grab that scroll that Princess Celestia sent?"

"Sure." I grabbed Twilight's saddlebag, and searched for the scroll. If it weren't rolled up, I wouldn't have found it. I took the scroll and gave it to Spike, who quickly unrolled and read to Twilight the rest of the message.

"My faithful student, Twilight," he read. "There's more to a young pony's life than studying. I'm sending you to oversee the Summer Sun Celebration in this year's location, Ponyville. While there, I have another essential task I need you to complete: make some friends!" Twilight groaned at 'friends'. Why does Twilight not want to have friends?

"Look on the bright side, Twilight." said Spike. "The Princess arranged for us to stay at a library. Doesn't that make you happy?" At that point...

"YES!" Twilight screamed with joy. "You know why?" The both of us shook our heads. "Because I'm RIGHT! I'll check on the preparations as quick as I can, then we'll head to the library to research about the Elements of Harmony!" I raised a hoof.

"Then, you're going to make friends like the Princess asked?" I asked.

"She only said to check on preparations. Besides, the fate of Equestria doesn't rest upon me making friends." We saw a small village, which I can assume must be Ponyville. There were other ponies of various colours and kinds. I can even see a pink pony hopping from the distance. I'm so glad I don't need my glasses. The chariot landed and the guards neighed in arrival. We hopped out of the carriage and Twilight thanked the guards. Spike backed my theory.

"Maybe the ponies of Ponyville have interesting things to talk about." He said to Twilight. Just then, that pink pony I saw from the carriage ride trotted to us. She had blue eyes, a poofy mane and tail in a neon-pink and the picture on her flank were three balloons. If my picture is my moon and Susan's star, what does three balloons represent? While Twilight stood there, full of fright, I nudged her with my hoof, for support.

"Come on, Twilight." I humbled. "Just try." She gulped and clenched her teeth.

"H-hello?"

Almost as fast as Johnny on his skateboard, the pink mare then jumped in the air, letting out a loud *GAAAAAAASSSP!* and sped out of our sight. Twilight rolled her eyes in relief and sarcasm.

"Well, that was interesting alright." She said, and trotted ahead. Spike, then turned to me, and asked me, "Mary, can you tell me about how you fought off those Mexicolts to save your sister?"


It felt like only a few minutes when we arrived at our first stop in Ponyville. Small, but peaceful town.

"Okay," Spike checked the scroll. "Summer Sun Celebration Overseer's Checklist. Number One: Food Preparations, Sweet Apple Acres." Then, we turned and saw a magnificent farm. I thought it was a mansion for a split second, because of it's incredible design and signs of architecture. Then, a simple, but loud "YEEE-HAWWWW!" scared the living cells out of me. As well as Twilight and Spike.

"Let's get this over with." Twilight sighed. We approached an orange Earth pony, with green eyes,a head of blonde hair, stuck in a ponytail (Comedy Drum) with a golden-orange coat. Her flank has a picture of three apples on it. Now I can see what those pictures mean. It represents on what each pony does best.

"Hello," Twilight introduced herself to the pony. "I'm Twilight Sparkle, and this is my assistants, Spike and Crescent Moon, and..." I suddenly felt being flung into space and back again, as the pony began to shake our hooves.

"Well, howdy-do, Miss Twilight and Miss Moon," The pony greeted, while we're holding on for our lives. She may have a southern-accent, but she almost sounds like me. "Ah'm Applejack. We here at Sweet Apple Acres sure do like makin' new friends!" She finally stopped shaking our hooves, but I can barely feel mine. It felt like my injured hand back from the lab. Don't cry, Mary. Don't even shed a tear!

Twilight startled at 'friends' again. "FRIENDS?!"

"So, what can Ah do ya for?" Applejack asked.

"Well, the Princess sent me and Crescent to check on preparations for the Celebration." exclaimed Twilight.

"And you're in charge of the food?" I asked.

"We sure as sugar are. Would y'all like ta sample some?"

My stomach growled as an agreement. Twilight nodded. "As long as it doesn't take too long." Applejack ran to barn, and I heard a cow bell being rung into the field, and then...

An earthquake began to take place, but as we looked behind, we found out where that quake was coming from.

About a looooooooot of ponies, coming right at us! They weren't Unicorns or Pegasi, but they were fast, and we were dragged off of our hooves, to a gigantic picnic table, filled with even more ponies. I sat between a pink Earth pony, with a green mane and green eyes, and a tall, muscular red stallion, with a wooden trough-puller around his neck, with a carrot-blonde mane.

"How about Ah introduce y'all to th' Apple family?" Applejack asked.

"Thanks, but we have to hurry!" Twilight said. Applejack just introduced them anyway.


A long list of relatives later...


"...Big MacIntosh, Apple Bloom aaaaaaaand Granny Smith!" AJ finished. Twilight spat out the pie, while I enjoyed my piece. It was delicious! I was going to ask for more, when Twilight found her ability to speak.

"Well, I see that the food situation is under control, so we'll be on our way."

"Ain'tcha gonna stay fer brunch?" said a creamy yellow filly sadly. She was cute, with her pink bow and her red mane, but her Bambi eyes pout was so freaking adorable! I suddenly felt bad.

"Sorry," said Twilight. "But we have an awful lot to do." The entire farm was looking down, upset. I looked at Twilight.

"Please, Twilight?" I asked her. She sighed and said only one response.

"Fine."

The lot of the Apple Family cheered with excitement, and so did I. I guess this whole trip won't be such a bust!

Author's Note:

*-The 'latest adventure' is a comic written and drawn by alitta2 from deviantART, called Bloody Mary. It's really cool, you should check it out.

There's also going to be a comic about "The Mary Test Diaries" by me and alitta2. He's doing the Johnny Test prologue art and I'm doing the MLP art, while the chapter pictures are from ashfox97 of deviantART.

Comments ( 10 )

3960980 Another good chapter.
Hope to see more soon

Let The Games Begin.
---Bane: Batman The Dark Knight Rises

Why am I quoting this now, instead of earlier? Because it's starting to build up more then earlier. Also, are you say Apple Jack and Mary Test have the same voice actor? MOAR EXCITEMENT THAT MY RATING HAS BEEN RAISED BY 5! 20/10 Also, are you going to six more chapters? One for each Mane six, and one for the Climax of the two parter, when Nightmare Moon is revealed.

3969974 Eeyup, and I have a new cover for the story from a friend from deviantART.

3969974 Oh, and Mary has Rainbow Dash's voice also.

3975335 :pinkiecrazy: *I have officially broken, SOUND THE ALARM!*

Speaking of jhonny test, or whatever, don't think I spelled hi name right. I found my little bro watching the show this morning. I actually realized, if you listen to the sounds in the background, and not so much the voices, it's obnoxious.

When can we expect chapter 3? :twilightsmile:

3975335 when is the next chapter/part of this story coming out?

Can you do more chapters it's really good and I love Jonny sister merry

Login or register to comment