• Published 11th Feb 2014
  • 4,323 Views, 15 Comments

By Your Side - xd77



Rainbow Dash tells Scootaloo that she will always love her no matter what.

  • ...
11
 15
 4,323

I'm Here For You

It had been about a week since Rainbow Dash took Scootaloo in, Scootaloo's parents had died in a massive house fire which had destroyed her entire home, the only things that survived were her blanket, scooter and helmet, her bear, and a portrait of her and her parents together in that picture Scootaloo was happy, possibly beyond happy when her parents were still alive, but this fire had taken everything away from her.

She was now with Rainbow Dash as her legal guardian.

We will always be in your heart sweetie."

Those last words from them kept floating around in her head as she looked at the portrait of her with her parents, tears going down her face, and looking out the window to see the sun setting over the mountains below, as she looked out the window, she used her imagination to form two clouds the were about a few feet away from her window and molded them into the faces of her parents, she smiled to see them, but their molding quickly fell apart as the wind outside blew the clouds away, she was now on the verge of tears again as she flung herself onto her bed and started bawling.

Meanwhile, downstairs Rainbow Dash was reading a Daring Do book, when the sound of crying from upstairs caused her to lose focus, but as of right now Scootaloo was more important than seeing how Daring Do got the golden rod of youth out of the clutches of Ahuizotl, so she put a bookmark in between the pages that she was reading, closed it and put it aside, then she got up and followed the sound of crying to where it was coming from.

Finally, she came to an abrupt halt and found where the crying was, it was none other than Scootaloo's new bedroom, she calmly opened the door and there she was, lying on her bed crying, Rainbow Dash slowly approached her.

"Hey squirt, what's wrong?" Rainbow Dash asked as she sat on her bed beside her.

Scootaloo remained silent.

"Come on, I told you once that I was going to take you under my wing and become like your big sister, and telling me what's wrong is a part of my task." she said, finally Scootaloo spoke up.\

"I m-miss them s-so m-much Rainb-bow D-Dash." she said between sobs, Rainbow Dash picked her up and cradled her like a newborn filly.

"I know squirt, I know you miss them, but death has its place, everypony's days are numbered and..."

"I know Rainbow, but I was also crying because...b-because..." she tried to hold back as more tears started forming in her eyes.

"Come one Scootaloo, tell me, please tell me." she said trying to snap Scootaloo out of it.

"I'm afraid that you will die too, and I'll be forgotten, spend the rest of my life eating out of garbage cans, get laughed at, get 'no' for an answer, and I'll be the most sore loser in Equestria!"

She couldn't take it anymore and buried her face in Rainbow Dash's chest, she soon went from cradling her to hugging her.

"Now, squirt that's not true." she said.

"How do you know?" Scootaloo asked wiping her eyes.

"Because, I've made it through thick and thin all over Ponyville and Cloudsdale, nothing ever gets in my way, I would never leave you behind squirt, you're way more important to me than the Wonderbolts." she said with a smile on her face.

"But I gave my old life all I had." Scootaloo said looking down, Rainbow lifted Scootaloo's face up with her hoof as her smile grew.

"Listen kid, I've seen 'em all, and I'm telling you, this is the honest pegasus truth, you've got something I've never seen before."

"Really?" Scootaloo asked starting to cheer up a little.

"I can feel it right in here," Rainbow Dash said touching the part where her heart was, "There is nothing that will take me away from you squirt."

"Would you still love me?" Scootaloo asked, quietly yawning and getting sleepy.

"No matter what happens squirt, I will always love you." she said, kissing Scootaloo on her head, Rainbow Dash heard a strange sound, and looked down to see that Scootaloo had fallen asleep in her hooves, she smiled at how cute she was when she slept, instead of just putting her in her bed, she decided to let her sleep with her tonight, Rainbow Dash first looked out the window and saw that it had gotten dark out, then she looked at the clock that was mounted on the wall, nearly 9:30 at night, it was getting late.

Rainbow Dash made her way into her bedroom with a sleeping Scootaloo in her hooves, she undid her bed, and put Scootaloo head on the pillow and covered her under the sheets, then Rainbow Dash crawled under the covers herself, then wrapped Scootaloo around her hoof and pulled her closer towards her.



===========================================

In the middle of the night Rainbow Dash was sound asleep, when she heard whimpering beside her, she turned and saw that it was Scootaloo, she wasn't sleeping well from the look of it.

"Squirt, squirt wake up." Rainbow Dash said, shaking her.

"No, mom, dad, don't die!" Scootaloo said in her sleep, Rainbow Dash suddenly figured it out, she was dreaming that she was watching her parents die.

"Please come back, PLEASE!!!" Scootaloo screamed.

"SCOOT, WAKE UP!!!!" Rainbow Dash screamed shaking her even harder, finally she snapped out of it and woke up but this time with tears, Rainbow Dash frowned and picked her up.

"I-I w-w-watched t-them d-d-die!" she sobbed, Rainbow held her closer.

"It's okay squirt, it was just a dream, the thing is, as I told you before, I will always love you no matter what."

"Is that a promise?" Scootaloo asked looking up at her.

Rainbow Dash smiled, "Of course, a Pegasus never breaks a promise." With that, Scootaloo wrapped her hooves around Rainbow Dash's neck and the two shared a while hug.

"Scoot, would you like me to sing you back to sleep?" Rainbow Dash asked stroking Scootaloo's purple mane.

"Yes." Scootaloo said as she rested her head on Rainbow's chest.

[youtube=V35oRyAMmtU]

Once she finished singing, Scootaloo had fallen asleep with a smile on her face, Rainbow Dash tucked her back in the covers and the two both fell asleep, but before Rainbow Dash fell asleep, she felt Scootaloo snuggle closer to her, Rainbow Dash wrapped a hoof around her and thus the two fell asleep peacefully.

Comments ( 15 )

Stop being APoeticHeart and killing my feels. I need them

Please continue!! Your a good writer :pinkiehappy: and this site NEEDS more scootadash fics!!:heart:

aww :pinkiehappy: i like it and is this a One-Shot story or one with a lot of chapters?

:fluttercry: waaaaah so beautiful waaaaaah :fluttercry:

Rainbow Dash smiled, "Of course, a Pegasus never breaks a promise."

But don't trust Unicorns, they break promises all the time.

"I know squirt, I know you miss them, but death has its place, everypony's days are numbered and..."

Your parents died in a horrible accident way before they were old. Just man up kid...

On a side note: Please, PLEASE get an editor. This is riddled with mistakes. Even in the very first (run-on) sentence. With just a little more effort, this could be way better.

3928167 One-shot

3929547 ok and are you going to put this story to complete not incomplete since it is a One-short story are you going to do that

3928972 Earth ponies are even worse.

3928164 No, the series needs more Scootadash episodes.

3929154 Whatever

Getting towards the end listening to the lullabie couldn't stop crying

poor scootsy, with night terrors :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment