• Published 16th Apr 2014
  • 7,063 Views, 79 Comments

My Little Miracle - blackrosedarkness



A mother will always love her child. No matter who they are.

  • ...
13
 79
 7,063

Loving Miracle

The sky grew darker as a storm began to roll in, already the rain was beginning to fall. Fluttershy was outside trying to round up the animals so she could get them inside before the weather got too bad, "Okay. That's the last of them."

She turned to go inside when a noise caught her attention. The pegasus turned around to see a small earth pony filly stumble out of a bush and collapse on the ground, "Oh dear!"

She quickly ran to the filly and knelt down beside her. She was breathing, but faintly. Fluttershy looked around frantically for any sign of the filly's parents. She called out into the rain, "Hello? Anypony out there?" But the mare received no response.

Seeing no other option, Fluttershy carefully lifted the filly onto her back and carried her into the cottage. The filly's coat was a dark magenta color, her mane a sky blue with sections of purple throughout, and she had little freckles across her nose. The filly laid in the bed silently sleeping. It wasn't until a few hours later that a noise could be heard in the bedroom. Fluttershy peeked her head in to see the filly's eyes slowly open, revealing their lavender hue. The filly blinked a few times to take note of her surroundings. Her expression turned from one of confusion to one of panic as she realized that she was in an unfamiliar room. Fluttershy quickly entered the room as she saw the filly about to cry. She carefully stroked the filly's mane," Shhhh.... It's okay. Everything will be okay."

The filly looked up at the mare who had come to her aid. She sniffled a bit as she spoke, "Who- who are you? And where am I?

Fluttershy smiled calmly, "I'm Fluttershy. And you're in my cottage. I found you out in the storm and brought you inside. You were in bad shape, you've been asleep for the past few hours. Now, can you tell me your name?"

The filly began to cry again, "I don't know! I can't remember!" The filly began to sob more.

Fluttershy just continued to sit with the filly and stroke her mane, "It's okay. You'll remember eventually. Everything will be fine, dear. I promise."

Fluttershy sat there with the filly as she calmed down. They sat there together for another hour before the crying finally died down to sniffles. Fluttershy smiled, "There. Feeling better?"

The filly nodded.

Fluttershy continued smiling, "Now, I bet you're feeling hungry after that. I'll go get you some nice warm soup."

As Fluttershy left the room, the filly just sat there taking everything in. She couldn't remember her name or where she had been. She didn't even remember being outside when the storm came. The memories were there but they were too fuzzy to make out. She just sat there thinking when Fluttershy returned. The mare smiled setting the tray on the bed, "Here you go. It's still kind of hot, so you might want to let it cool so you don't burn your tongue."

The filly took the soup and carefully blew on it and took a sip, "Thank you, Miss Fluttershy."

Fluttershy just smiled in return, "It was no problem at all."

The filly made a miraculous recovery considering her condition, so the next few days were spent trying to find anypony who knew her. No one seemed to recognize her though, and the filly's hope of finding her memories got smaller and smaller. A few weeks later, with no progress made, Fluttershy and the filly were in the cottage getting ready to feed the animals. The filly had insisted that she help Fluttershy with the animals since Fluttershy had spent so much time helping her. Fluttershy was first to break the silence and spoke up, "I've been thinking. Since we can't find your family, and I can't just keep calling you 'filly', we should give you a name."

The filly looked questioningly at Fluttershy, "Give me a name? Like make one up?"

Fluttershy nodded, "Precisely. It should be something nice. Something that reflects you. I was thinking something like 'Loving Miracle'."

The filly contemplated it, "Loving Miracle?"

Fluttershy nodded, "Yes. I think it fits you well. You are just so caring and kind, and it was a bit of a miracle that I found you. So there it is. Loving Miracle."

The filly contemplated it for a moment before smiling the biggest smile of her life, "I love it! Thank you Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy and the newly named Loving Miracle spent the rest of the evening together playing with the animals.

Loving Miracle awoke early the next day to an impatient bunny thumping the side of the couch. Fluttershy had insisted that Miracle take the bed, but she refused and slept on the couch instead. The two compromised by deciding to switch out each night. Loving Miracle rubbed the bunny's head between the ears and giggled, "Good morning, Angel."

Miracle yawned and crawled off the sofa and made her way into the kitchen, "I suppose you want some breakfast, huh?"

The little filly began to get out some carrots and lettuce for Angel when she noticed a note on the counter. It was a note from Fluttershy saying how she had to go into town to run some errands and would be back by lunchtime. Loving Miracle smiled, "This is great! I can prove how responsible! I'll feed all the animals, and clean the house, and Fluttershy will be so proud!"

True to her word, Fluttershy returned around lunchtime with bags of groceries and an envelope for Miracle. She walked into the kitchen and set the bags on the counter. Fluttershy looked around and noticed how clean the house looked. The floors were swept and the little birdhouses hanging from the ceiling were free of dirt and dust. And then she spotted it, little Miracle sleeping on the floor with Angel on her back. Fluttershy smiled softly, "Oh, she's so cute. She must have worn herself out trying to clean up."

Fluttershy nudged the sleeping filly in an effort to wake her. Loving Miracle yawned and wiped at her eyes, "Mmmm.... Momma?"

Fluttershy giggled, "Time to wake up. I have a present for you."

Loving Miracle groggily sat up and rubbed her eyes to try and wake herself up. She yawned once more, "What is it?"

Fluttershy brought the envelope out and handed it to Miracle, "Open it up and see." The pegasus smiled brightly.

Loving Miracle opened the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper. She blinked a couple times before reading the letter, "Ms. Fluttershy. We are pleased to announce your adoption of the filly known as Loving Miracle. Enclosed in this envelope you will find all the official papers and certificates needed to prove the legality of your adoption. I hope you and your new daughter are very happy together."

Miracle read the note again. And again. And again. She put the paper down and pulled an adoption certificate out of the envelope and smiled. She looked up at Fluttershy with tears in her eyes, "Mo--Mommy? You're my mommy?"

Fluttershy nodded, "Yes, Miracle. I decided that you've been here long enough, and since we couldn't find your real family, I would make you part of mine. Is that okay?"

Loving Miracle smiled and hugged Fluttershy. She laughed and cried into Fluttershy's outstretched legs, "Of course it's okay! Thank you, Fluttershy! Thank you, Mommy!"

The next few days were spent getting Miracle adjusted to her new life. They cleaned out an old storage room and began purchasing furniture for Miracle's new bedroom and enrolled her in the local school. Loving Miracle and Fluttershy continued their lives as a family. Fluttershy read bedtime stories to the filly and Loving Miracle wished her mom a good day as she left for school. Life had never been better for the two ponies. But what goes up, must come down.

It was a rainy Saturday and Fluttershy had left to run some errands before the weather got any worse. Loving Miracle was home alone finishing her chores for the day. The magenta filly was in the bathroom cleaning up the medicine cabinet. She was standing on a stool so she could reach the higher shelves. Fluttershy had told her not to worry about the higher shelves if she couldn't reach them, but Miracle wanted to show Fluttershy that she could be a big pony. Loving Miracle was reaching up on the tips of her hooves to dust the final shelf when a loud boom of thunder rocked the house and Loving Miracle fell from her perch, hitting her head on the hard tile and passing out.

A few hours later, Fluttershy returned home. The rain was pouring outside with the occasional boom of thunder and crash of lightning. The pegasus hung her coat on the coatrack and called out for her daughter, "Loving Miracle! I'm home!"

Fluttershy walked into the kitchen to put the groceries away and didn't hear a response, "Miracle? Dear?"

It was then that she noticed a very upset Angel Bunny. The rabbit seemed worried and angry at the same time as he pointed towards the bathroom. Fluttershy followed Angel as he kicked the door viciously. Fluttershy gently pressed an ear to the door and she could hear a strange buzzing noise along with, was that whimpering? Fluttershy knocked on the door, "Miracle? Are you in there?"

A strange, raspy voice answered, "Go away!"

Fluttershy tried turning the doorknob only to discover that it was locked. She began to pound on the door, "You let me in there this instant! Whoever you are! If you hurt my little Miracle I'll... I'll..."

The voice answered back, "No! Just go away!"

Angel grabbed the emergency key that they kept incase they got locked out of a room in the house. Having crazy animals in the house caused this a lot. Fluttershy quickly turned the key and shoved the door open. Sitting in the corner of the room was a small black creature. As Fluttershy moved closer, she could see that the creature was a changeling, and it was crying. Fluttershy stood in shock. She didn't know what to expect, but she didn't expect a crying changeling in her bathroom.

The changeling looked at Fluttershy before shouting at her, "I said go away! Just stay away from me!"

Fluttershy took a step closer, "I-I don't want to hurt you. But-"

The changeling glared at the pegasus, "Don't you know what I am? I'm a changeling! I hurt ponies and steal their love! Why wouldn't you want to hurt me?! I'm a monster!"

Fluttershy stared at the changeling on her floor, "You just look so scared. I don't want to hurt you more. But you need to tell me where my daughter is. I need to know."

The changeling sniffled before crying into her hole-ridden hooves. It was then that Fluttershy noticed the large bump on the changeling's head near it's horn. She looked around the room and finally took the room's horrible condition into effect. There was a spot of greenish blood on the cracked tile, probably where the changeling hit it's head, and a stool toppled over next to it. A pink and purple feather duster lay in the corner, the one Loving Miracle always used when she had to dust shelves for her daily chores. Fluttershy looked back at the sobbing changeling and began to put things together. Miracle's sudden appearance at her cottage, her lack of memories, the sudden recovery after she was showed that bit of kindness, her abundance of energy. It all made sense. Fluttershy sat next to the little changeling and stroked it's head where the mane would have been, "Shhhh.... It's okay. Everything will be okay."

The changeling woke up in Loving Miracle's room. It looked around frantically before spotting Fluttershy sitting in the corner, "Oh. You're awake."

The changeling just looked at the pegasus, "Please. Just send me away before I hurt you."

Fluttershy sat on the bed next to the changeling and wrapped it in a hug, "I could never do that to my daughter. I love you, Loving Miracle."

The changeling pushed Fluttershy away, "No. I'm not your daughter, not anymore. I'm a monster, I've been stealing your love all this time, feeding off of your kindness. I can't be Loving Miracle anymore, she was a pony, I'm not."

Fluttershy just looked sadly at Miracle, "You can't steal what's freely given. And it doesn't matter that you aren't a pony. I love you the same as I did before. Just because you look different on the outside, doesn't mean you aren't the same inside."

She pulled Loving Miracle closer and held her tight, "No matter what, you will always be my little miracle."

Author's Note:

Hello all! This is just a story I've had in my head for a while now. I made sure to take my time on it, but if you notice any mistakes, fell free to tell me. This definitely feels like my best story so far but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say. I know it's not perfect, nothing ever is, but that just means I can always get better.

Until Next Time
~blackrosedarkness