• Published 16th Feb 2014
  • 2,081 Views, 38 Comments

Twilight and Gilda - PrincessCelestia123



Gilda returns to ponyville, but this time she isn't here to be mean. Everypony hates her, shuns her, all except one pony, who shows her the way.

  • ...
10
 38
 2,081

First kiss

It was hours until Gilda sat down, every book neatly shelved. Twilight had put little cards under each shelf explaining what went here and what reading levels it was for. When they finished, it was already close to closing time so Twilight told her that they'd close early today, but tomorrow she was going to be here, which meant Gilda actually had to work for her living.

There however, was another problem. Twilight hadn't gotten another bed. The old one that Rarity and Applejack had used had been busted up from a spell Twilight had been working on; needless to say it hadn't gone correctly...

So, the two had come to an agreement after a bit of convincing from Twilight. It wasn't everyday Gilda would accept such terms, even if that pony was a little cool. The two would share a bed. It'd work, they'd make it work.

Twilights bed was a little small yes, but the two of them could make it work. So here she was now, laying next to Twilight, almost falling off the side. A griffon and a pony in a bed made for a pony, well it wasn't exactly roomy or the most comfortable. Sure was better then wooden floor.

"Ugh Twilight... Do I have to sleep here? It's cramped!" Gilda groaned.

"Well would you rather sleep on the floor Gilda? It'll work, just try not to fall off the bed that's all." Twilight ended that quickly. With that out of the way there was no more complaining of the bed.

The second problem was the blanket. It was too small for Gilda, and whenever she tried to get it over her she ended up pulling it off of Twilight. So now, she was nearly falling off a bed and also had no blanket. Yet, there were even more problems! That little purple dragon; Spike was reading a book, so there was a candle lit for him. He was reading some "Epic Dragon Quest!" book. That's all he had said when Twilight had asked what it was. Plus; he had the occasional burst of laughter and sometimes would read parts aloud. How Twilight dealt with it she never knew, if it was her in charge she would've told him to shut up! Honestly, who read a book this late at night?! Twilight didn't mind in the slightest though, she had fallen asleep somehow! That was insane!

Gilda had to deal with all though. She would rather be here than sleeping downstairs on the floor, this was well, more comfortable. Every time Gilda was about to fall asleep, that idiot Spike would do something. She dug her claws into the bed, rolling onto her side, facing Twilight. Pulling the pillow over her head she tried to go to bed. Luckily, Spike was going to bed too. She heard him blow out the candle, shut his book, and get into his bed. Finally, quiet! Sleep came rather quickly to her, within minutes the griffon was asleep.

~Hours later

"Mhh...." Twilight pandiculated as she woke, the morning sun pouring through her windows, lighting up the house softly. Yawning softly and pressing self consciously into the warmth next to her, Twilight kept her eyes closed for now. Though there was something... Off. She could feel claws lightly touching her belly, a body almost wrapped around herself. Blinking open her eyes in confusion, Twilight turned her head, quickly realizing where she was. Gilda had wrapped her front legs around her, pulling her close; cuddling with Twilight in her sleep. The unicorn blushed a little in embarrassment; lightly poking at Gilda to wake her up. She didn't want to move and rudely wake her up, so a gently poking would do better. "Gilda... Come on wake up.." Twilight whispered.

Gilda finally woke up after a minute or two, jumping back as she felt Twilight so close to her. Falling off the side of the bed the griffon shot up angrily. "Hey! What's wrong with you stupid?!What do you think you're doing dweeb!? Have you never heard of personal space?!" She didn't mean it, Gilda was just angry for being woken up.

Her heart nearly cracked at seeing Twilight start to tear up. She didn't know why, she didn't have any clue as to why seeing Twilight crying. Usually she didn't care, but this pained her so badly, it was worse then anything she'd felt before. Moving to the side of the bed she rubbed a talon through her mane. "No No... S-Shh... Twilight I didn't mean any of it I p-..Promise. Please don't cry.." This was coming from an unknown part of herself; what was making her act this way? Was she actually sorry?! Gilda didn't stop saying this, not until Twilight stopped her crying. It was odd acting this way, it just felt off to Gilda, yet at the same time it felt like this was how she should act. Grah! Twilight crying was messing with her thoughts and feelings in so many ways. But she couldn't try and see why, she had to make it up to Twilight. Why was she thinking like this though?! She was acting so lame, so timid. Did she really care that much? What was Twilight doing to her!? "I really liked being close to you, it was really nice Twilight... You're a great, smart pony, and your my first friend in a long, long time."

"Y.. Yo... You mean that. But you got a-angry at me..."

Gilda nodded, lifting Twilights head a little; wiping away her tears. "I meant every word of it Twilight, please please please don't cry. I can't bear to see you so sad... You've given me my life back, and that's something I can never ever repay. I feel like I could tell you anything, you've made me the happiest I've ever been. I was just angry, I swear. You mean alot to me Twilight, and that's the truth. Now please don't cry, please."

Seeing the mare looking into her eyes, her talons under her chin, Gildas heart began to beat rapidly. It roared in her ears. She couldn't say anything, she had never noticed how beautiful a pony was before. Twilight looked like an angel to her right now. Gilda blushed softly, unsure of what to do at the sudden silence that had fallen over them, the two of them staring in eachothers eyes. She felt new emotions running through her, and she was leaning forward slowly. Going off her feelings, she leaned forward completely; kissing Twilight.

Author's Note:

Not really sure of this chapter; I just feel it could be better..
Well, hope you all enjoy it. Might be changing it up.