• Published 8th May 2014
  • 11,059 Views, 355 Comments

Divine Intervention - USSOakland



The U.S Recon sniper, one of the most deadly and stealthy forces of nature on the planet. However, when one of these shadow warriors ends up in Equestria, how will he be able to adapted to his new environment, or even be able to prevent a disaster.

  • ...
71
 355
 11,059

Chapter five: Dirty Laundry and Trespassers


Cracking his knuckles, the man sighed in discomfort as his finger joints unstiffened. his hands had been aching all morning. opening and closing his fist, he winced in pain as the muscle in his forearm screaming in agony, that damned zebra had one hell of an arm, nearly broke his. Reaching into his blood soaked BDU pocket, he pulled out a small carton of cigarettes and began to light up. However his method of stress relief was quickly halted once he saw how many of his guilty pleasures were left. He fiddled around with the only two smokes left and grunted in frustration. From this point he had to conserve his tiny-sticks-o’-cancer until he could find paper and a tobacco plant. He seriously considered quitting before he got into this mess, he told the boys back at home to hide any product that contains nicotine before he dies from lung cancer, rather than an insurgent’s bullet.

Shoving away the carton back to it’s pocket he got up and stretched his legs, the satisfying popping in his joints was second to none after a long day of stalking, hiding, killing and traumatizing a small child(although she didn't seem so disturbed after brutally killing a pony, not to mention she did help him throw those shitbags into a river.) Thinking back to that kid Applebloom made The Sniper feel a little relieved about his situation. She, and the zebra Zecora, had been the only two people that lived in this world who had helped him. Considering the fact that they were the ONLY ponies he had interacted with(and did not kill), to him that was a pretty good start to healthy relations with the locals. Maybe he could stop by the foal’s house and check up on things, make sure she isn't being haunted by repressed feelings about previous events. Or being held hostage by those marauders.


The fucking bandits.

His blood boiled and pumped faster through his body as he thought of the sickos who had nearly killed the filly. Taking a deep breath he calmed down and decided stopping by the farm would be a calm and (hopefully) safe plan for the day. Unfortunately for him there was no way in hell he could visit the filly completely caked in dried blood, he first had to wash off yesterday’s hard work from his clothes in the river nearby. Seaming as if every joint in his body popped, he stood up and stretched like he hadn't moved in a millennia. Packing his rifle and other essentials for the trip, he headed off down the hill and to the creek.


The hike was short as The Sniper walked briskly, hoping to avoid any unwanted predators jumping out at him due to his smelly clothes, he was fairly surprised he hadn't been woken up the previous night with a set of jaws barring down at him. Finally he had arrived at the stream, he quickly laid down his equipment and began to undress. taking off his field jacket, shirt, and finally pants, leaving him in only boxers. He bent down and laid the articles into the brook as he began scrubbing and washing the filthy coagulation off. His eyes focused on a particular thick spot of dried brain matter
that had splattered on the collar. His thoughts, aches, and pains melted away as he scrubbed and cleaned his uniform. He felt in a total state of peace, the stresses of arriving here in this world had seemed to be a distant feeling, the forest was very quiet this morning…

too quiet…


As if a switch was thrown in his brain, his body jolted upright and spun around, his eyes wide and in full alert. He scanned the surrounding area with a hand gripping his pistol he had set down on the rocks. His breath quickened and blood rushed to his ears, it was like the calm before the storm, the moment before a tiger pounces, everything was still. His panicked state was quickly broken by the light chirping of a robin, a chipper tune of warm weather and sunny skies, rather than one of danger. The Sniper calmed, he shakily put back his pistol and sat cross legged as he regained his breath. There had been times where he would have these moments, times where he would freak out from nothing, even when the world around him was calm. So there we was, heaving like he ran three marathons, shaking like its -30 out and in nothing but combat boots and underwear. Resting his head onto his knees, he had finally managed to breath normally and stop the world from spinning.

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

The Sniper’s head snapped upright and flew to the source of the sound. About a few feet away, beeping and blinking sitting right where he left it was his SGPS. He sat there dumbfounded, staring at the little wristwatch like device. At last, he snapped out of his stupor and scrambled to the wrist mounted screen. Gently he picked up the SGPS, or what the engineers called it, the Squad Global Positioning System. The 4.5” screen of the device was blinking madly, indication it was half out of battery. The little battery symbol was flashing red on the screen, alerting it’s user of its state of power. The Sniper groaned in annoyance at the gadget, however not for the low battery, but for what the beeping could have been.

When the tech-guys back at HQ gave him and his squad the little gizmo, they said it was a positioning system that allowed every member of the squad to know where each other was at all times, well at least within a 500 meter radius. Every device would constantly send out a ping that would only extend as far, when a squad member left/entered the radius, the watch would beep and their signature would disappear/appear on the map. With all The Sniper’s time in this new world, he had never heard the little tablet make any kind of noise. He would always be waiting for it to beep again, weather it was when he was scouting, hoping for it to beep when he got close, or if his squad was in the same area and searching for him.

unfortunately, this was not the case. Putting it back down, he once again stood up and moved back to his clothes. Thankfully, the stream wasn’t to quick and his uniform wasn’t washed away with the current. He lifted his soaking camouflage and folded it up, putting it under his arm, he began to set off. He was about to pick up his rifle when he notice it wasn't where he had put it. He looked down the river bank and spotted his SVD, sitting in a puddle of mud on the river bank. Raising an eyebrow, he wondered how it even got there in the first place. He must have kicked it when he was freaking out earlier. Picking up the gun, he could see mud packed into the muzzle and break. As he handled the weapon, he heard a shaking/shifting sound coming from the receiver. Opening the bolt, ejecting a shell and removing the mag, he could see a moderate amount of dirt, grit and sand pouring out of the weapon. How any of it got there he had no clue, what he did know was to clean the hell out of the weapon when he had the chance, and being conveniently at the river allowed him to do so.

Taking out a small cleaning kit, the man began to swab the barrel and clear the receiver of any foreign particles the best he could. He would eventually have to field strip the gun back at base camp where he had the necessary tools to do the job. Seeing as his cleaning job was adequate for the time being, he put the magazine back in and slung the rifle over his shoulder.

“Leaving so soon my friend? I was hoping we could chat, I have some time to spend”

The Sniper whipped around to the sight of Zecora standing on the other bank of the creek. She was knelt down and filling a small wooden canteen with the river's water. She smiled at him and set about wading through the shallow brook to get over to his side.

“Zecora?” the man gruffed, his voice scratchy and dry, he just realized he hadn't drank anything today and he could feel a headache coming on. He knelt down to waters edge and cupped his hands, slowly taking a long guzzle from the water.

“Long time no see” he gasped after a particularly long gulp.

“Indeed Mr.Ghranson, and I must say, your looking rather handsome” she stifled a giggle.

The man’s cheeks turned a light shade of red as he realized he was half naked and probably look absolutely ridiculous.

“With all jokes aside, I came out here looking to give you some supplies.” She opened her saddle bags and pulled out a small pouch of sorts and handed it over to the man, who took it gingerly in his hands.

whatever it was, it felt fragile and the pouches contents gave a soft *klink *klink as they rattled together. he assumed they might be a glass container of sorts.

“A gift for you sir, vials filled with juices you may prefer. Not only is it nectar, but some contain potions, made for one to become a spectre.”

The man looked thoughtfully at the bag of potions and juice. His heart warmed at the sight of the zebra smiling at him with closed eyes and a happy face.

"Woah, thanks Zecora” He knelt down, “this is so nice of you, I mean you didn't really have t-”

He was cut off by a hoof shooting to his mouth,

“No nonono, from what I can see, you are always in a state of need. Do not take me wrong, but you can only live like you do in the Everfree for so long.” she finished and nickered.

“Besides, I believe one of these potions will help you in your jungle disguise.” She winked

“They’re effects are tagged and written, so you won’t blindly drink and grow chitin” she paused and looked up at the sky, her eyes squinting at the sun and clouds positioned in the heavens.

"Wait, some of the potions can make me grow armor? That's.....cool I guess...and slightly weird." He thought, but before he could think again, his musings were interrupted.

"Sadly I must be going, a storm is coming and I would like to be home when the winds start blowing."

The Sniper looked up and saw that the once blue sunny sky, became muddled with large, dark grey clouds that loomed in the distance. How long had he been out? the sun was close to about three quarters down to the horizon, and the world began to take a very slight pink hue. Packing her canteen away, the mare gave him a light slap on the leg and turned around, trotting away down the path.

"I hope I get to see you again soon, maybe on a day when rain isn't scheduled for the afternoon" The striped mare waved and continued down the path until she turned a bend and disappeared from sight behind the thick foliage.

The man stood in place and toyed with the burlap sack of potions, hearing them klink around as he held it. he could even just barely make out a faint glowing within the bag, presumably coming from one of the vials. Taking the small length of rope on the bag's end, he tied it around his waist and embarked on his hike back to camp, hoping that he could get there before dusk settled in.


Wait....no...nonon-NO NO!

The Sniper's mind raced and his legs kicked into overdrive as he came upon his campsite. As he got closer, his eyes confirmed his worst fears as he could make out his bag thrown and strewn about. Its contents littered the area and some where even missing. He dropped his wet clothes and looked around in a panic, his camp was in complete ruin. All his supplies and where either thrown about haphazardly or even plain out missing, it had looked like a pack of ravenous dogs had come through and destroyed everything in site. He knelt down and shakily gathered up what he could salvage and placed it into his torn up backpack. His was in a state of absolute shock and mild fear, Had someone found him? if they did who did this? why would they? was he raided? all these questions raced through his head with blinding speed. Someone had to have done this, it couldn't have been the towns folk...they don't even know he exists....unless Applebloom told the others of his existence. Though even if she did, they wouldn't have done soemthing like this, would they? No..no..this was done by someone who was frantically searching for shit to steal, done by someone who had the thought that they would be caught, and the landowner would be home soon. looking to the ground, he could make out hoof prints covering the whole area. And to his left, was a small pace of torn red fabric that was caught on one of the thorn bushes nearby. However something so inconspicuous had managed to set off a nuclear explosion of pure anger when his mind processed his realization of the situation.

"Mother..FUCKERS!" he yelled, slamming a fist into the tree where he spent most of his nights sleeping under. It rattled and shook from his spouting anger and hatred that coursed through him. However the tree wasn't the only thing that was shaking.

I Fucking swear to Christ I'm going to find those fuckers and gut them for taking my shit! His head felt like it was going to pop the way he was clenching his jaw so tightly. They had not only managed to find where he camps out, but also take some of the most important items that allowed him to survive out here, without those basic necessities, he would never be able to survive long enough to find a way home.

"God fucking DAMMIT! ARGH!" he yelled once more, causing birds in the surrounds tree tops to scatter and fly away. His breathing increased and his body shuttered, what is he going to do now?

The first thing he wants to do is track and hunt down the cultist. However he has literally no supplies left, no resources other than Zecora. He was, at this point, utterly screwed. With all his training, all his time spent in survival courses at Basic, he would think he would be able to survive with less than he has now, but only in a situation where rescue was a sure possibility. But now? Stuck in a situation where rescue is astronomically high if not imposable, the locals are completely foreign, stuck in enemy territory and (from what he can see) surround by hostiles with no reinforcements. And not to mention limited ammo, he might as well be dead now.

Sthiichk!

The sound of a snapping branch ripped him our of his thoughts as he whirled around drawing his gun, only to look into the hollow, crazed eyes of a unicorn stallion who had one too many scars on his face. Atop his forehead, right under his horn was a literal carving of a pointed wheel.

"Well well, it looks like the fucking mutant gorilla has shed its hair for more of a...breezy look? is that what you would say?" He looked up in confusion with hoof drawn to his chin.

"Eh whatever, I presume your the dick head that killed my subordinates, hum?" he pointed to The Sniper with an venomous sneer. "I wasn't particularly please to wake up one day and find all four of my men washed up on my dock and rotting from the inside out."

The man seethed "That's Damn fucking straight asshole, I'm guessing you and your little crew did this?" He spread his arms out wide to emphasized the camp's destruction.

"That's Damn fucking straight bla, waa" he mocked "Yeah we did it, hoping we would find your naked ass here so we could slit your fucking throat. Didn't think you'd show up but hey-hey-hay! you proved me wrong! Good job sport! Your lucky because I'm never, EVER wrong, that's why boss chose me as his right hoof officer." He put a hoof to his chest in pride.

"Anywho, I'm getting bored of this chit-chat shit. To bad, you seem like a nice piece of shit if I get to know you well enough. " His sickly peach magic pulled out a long bowie knife and began slashing wildly in the sniper general direction.

The Sniper snarled and raised his firearm, however his gun was engulfed in the same peach aurora and yanked out of his hand, it flew ten feet away and land well away from his reach.

"Nuh uh ah! no cheating with that strange fucking griffon cannon." He got closer and began to quickly stab at the man.

The Sniper jumped backward and rolled out of the way of a downward slash. The small pits of gravel and thorns cut his back and arms as he did so. Reaching into his boot, he pulled out his secondary boot knife. He always thought it might come in handy at some point and, on occasions like this, was the perfect time to have one. He took a fighting stance and bent his knees low, ready to pounce and dodge another volley of attacks. The Unicorn raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

"*Hmmph, aren't you full of surprises?"

The Stallion lashed out with stabs and slashes to the man, causing him to reel backward slightly. In spite of that he kept his balance and returned his own set of attacks, one of which caught the stallion by surprise and The Sniper's knife slid up his foreleg and sliced deep into the knife welding forelimb. The unicorn cried out in pain and dropped to the ground while letting go of the weapon. In a blinding flash, the man was on top of him and pushing the point dangerously close to the stallion's neck.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY STUFF?! WHO DO YOU WORK FOR!?" The Sniper roared into his ear. His adrenaline level has seemed to skyrocket and was some how rising higher and higher.

"*echk d- *ack" The unicorn hacked.

"ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION SHITFACE!" The man's face was directly in the cultist's own.

"*hack sh~shoot*gasp shoot h~him!"

THWANNG

The sound of a whip crack exploded out as a wasp-like whirring hurtled toward the man at break neck speeds. An arrow flew from the canopy and landed dead center on his right shoulder blade, causing him to yelp in searing pain and roll off the cultist. The Sniper clutched his right shoulder and winced through bleary eyes as the cultist stood up and brushed himself off. The unicorn winced at his own wound and staggered, just when he was about to fall, a dark brown earth pony came from the bushes and caught him before he could. Before the man could even blink, a whole group of 4 stallions and mares, all dressed in dark red(contrary to the unicorn's blood red sweater) and hoods with balaclavas, came from the shadows and surrounded The Sniper.

"Its the end of the line your fucker!" Snarled the injured unicorn, "boss is going to fucking love you when we bring your candy ass back home, wont he?" He magically picked up the pistol that was dropped and hobbled over to the man who was huddling on the ground, trying to break the arrow out from his shoulder.

"Maybe then he can ask you why the FUCK YOUR MESSING WITH OUR SHIT!" The unicorn screamed and reeled the pistol back.


The man's eyes widened as the pistol came barreling down onto his temple, turning the whole world black.

Author's Note:

Well here it is, guys I would first off like to say I'm so sorry I wasn't able to update for months. My computer effectively nuked itself and I had to go through a whole process of trying to fix it, dealing with shitty costumer service and IT. Eventually it was basically leading me to buy a whole new computer which took AGES to save up for. Once again I'm so sorry for the whole hiatus thing and such.

I just wanted to say thank you a million times over for sticking through with me this year. you guys are the best and I'm so happy for those who keep reading. THANK YOU /) its really late(or early depending on how you see it:twilightblush:) and I got class tomorrow sooo.... see'yea guys in the next chapter! :pinkiehappy:

(PM me if you find any errors)

Comments ( 47 )

PM me if you find any errors

Nah, I'll just point them out here for all of posterity :trollestia:

T

he man's eyes widened as the pistol came barreling down onto his temple, turning the whole world black.

Found one :pinkiecrazy:

5915681 lol just saw that too, goddamn i gotta stop writing at 2:00 am :facehoof::pinkiesick:

5915692

Well, what else are you gonna do at 0200H? Sleep? Sleep is nothing more than a crutch for the weak! All's you need is some motivation and dedication!
-An actual quote from my old Battalion's Master Sergeant when I was volunteered for fireguard duty at 2:00AM

I hate the way this chapter ended. I can understand why it needed to be done, but every fiber of my being screams for blood at the offence that it gives me. I can give a thousand reasons why it should not have ended the way it did, but doing so would be a waste of time and effort for all involved as such a thing is inevitable regardless of my opinion.

Still, I am compelled to ask the question...

Why did you have to leave it off on a cliffhanger?! I HATE those things!

Please tell me the next chapter isn't in six months.

5916048 thats what makes it good. dick move, but smart nonetheless

I only found one error why did he leave his gear recon snipers carry their shit where they go and never stay in one place for more than 12 hrs. Although the fact he didn't hear hooves outright around him is suprizing to me, I just hope he lives or another soldier rescues him.

Send for help pinkie :pinkiecrazy:

5916127
No really I'm hanging off a cliff, can somebody pull me up.

I think I should stop thinking that I have witnessed the greatest cliffhanger of all time because this site clearly proves me wrong all the time.

This chapter is as this comment is written, the greatest cliffhanger yet for me.

they said it was a positioning system that allowed every member of the squad to know where each other was at all times, well at least within a 500 meter radius

That's...probably the worst GPS system ever. GPS is designed to provide a location within 7.8 meters 95% of the time, and with military equipment, it's probably better than that.

5918115 The device is a experimental prototype, the signal could only go so far and the tech was relatively new, forgot to add that little tid bit in. Originally my idea was for the device to malfunction and "fake" friendly signatures on the map. The system is once again a prototype and was given to the squad as a beta run/testing of it. Hope that clears it up.

And the deceive does function 95% of the time, within in the radius of 500 meters, this function only applies to the ping that other systems give off and the device can only pick it up with that radius. Otherwise its basically just a normal GPS :twilightsmile:

5917308 *stabs his hands* all hail the ki-CLIFF *throws him off laughing maniacally*

meanwhile in the background

Red and black OC: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5919752 *puts on troll mask*
all is fair in trolls and war

5919792
XxGiantDadMlg420xX has invaded your world

5919805 lizardsquad has entered your world

5923605 THIS CALLS FOR SOME GLORIOUS COOPERATION! HEED MY CALL NEMESIS! TOGETHER WE SHALL DESTROY OUR ENEMIES WITH UNRELENTING FORCE!

opening and closing his fist

Opening and closing his fist

So there we was, heaving like he ran three marathons

So there he was, heaving like he ran three marathons

weather it was when he was scouting,

whether it was when he was scouting,

unfortunately, this was not the case.

Unfortunately, this was not the case.

Thankfully, the stream wasn’t to quick and his uniform wasn’t washed away with the current.

Thankfully, the stream wasn’t too quick and his uniform wasn’t washed away with the current.

He was about to pick up his rifle when he notice it wasn't where he had put it.

He was about to pick up his rifle when he noticed it wasn't where he had put it.

Indeed Mr.Ghranson, and I must say, your looking rather handsome

Indeed Mr.Ghranson, and I must say, you're looking rather handsome

Not only is it nectar, but some contain potions,

There is an extra space after contain.

this is so nice of you, I mean you didn't really have t-

This is so nice of you, I mean you didn't really have t-

They’re effects are tagged and written, so you won’t blindly drink and grow chitin.

Their effects are tagged and written, so you won’t blindly drink and grow chitin.
Also chitin is pronounced kite-in, so written and chitin do not rhyme.

Its contents littered the area and some where even missing.

Its contents littered the area and some were even missing.

it had looked like a pack of ravenous dogs had come through and destroyed everything in site.

it looked like a pack of ravenous dogs had come through and destroyed everything in sight.

His was in a state of absolute shock and mild fear, Had someone found him? if they did who did this? why would they? was he raided?

He was in a state of absolute shock and mild fear, had someone found him, if they did who did this, why would they, was he raided?

all these questions raced through his head with blinding speed.

All these questions raced through his head with blinding speed.

Stupid move by sniper is stupid, where is his SVD? I would have pulled that thing out and turned the Unicorn to red mist. Not only that, I would have fled the area as soon as I saw the condition of my camp.

Finally, he didn't expect that there were more of the Cultists in the area. That should have be obvious.

I'm sorry, but this chapter has left me disappointed. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Thing I learned. Shoot first. Listen to enemy later.

Will there be more of this?

6791098
maybe Yes there will be, I have a few more chapters typed up that need proof reading and revising.

There needs to be moar

5918407 please tell me theres more of this story plz

This story had lots of potential but it all went down the drain due to the bad ending and terrible portrayal of a delta operator.

8340876
Comment posted 2 years ago :/

I hate it when I find a story with a high rating, only to see it got canceled.

Why did you Cancel it?

Damn when did this cancel?

9133606
At least it's showed as Cancelled and not left as incomplete for the rest of time.

Login or register to comment