• Published 8th May 2014
  • 11,064 Views, 355 Comments

Divine Intervention - USSOakland



The U.S Recon sniper, one of the most deadly and stealthy forces of nature on the planet. However, when one of these shadow warriors ends up in Equestria, how will he be able to adapted to his new environment, or even be able to prevent a disaster.

  • ...
71
 355
 11,064

Chapter four: Meetings, Interrogations, and Disposings

Making his way inside, The Sniper saw what looked like a home more than a club house. There was furniture such as tables, chairs, and even a ratty old couch in the far corner of the room. Upon the table lay multiple, child-like sketches of maps, checklists, and drawings with the words “Possible Cutie Marks” scribbled on it. The filly moved over to small icebox next to the old couch, she flung it open and produced two sandwiches wrapped in cellophane. Walking over to the table, she pulled out a chair and sat down, waving over the man.

“Com’ sit wit’ me.” Applebloom motioned to the chair across from her own.

The man moved to the table and pulled out the chair, but found it way too small for him to be seated in properly.

“Uhh..I’m fine, I’ll sit.” he said as he moved the chair away and sat down at the table. luckily for him, it only came up to about his mid-chest.

She gave him the sandwich which he graciously accepted. He gingerly unwrapped the meal, carefully trying not to destroy the meat foodstuff….wait. Flowers?

“Whats wrong? don't like Dandelions?” The filly said quizzically.

“I uhh..I’m on a diet.” He bull-shited awkwardly, hoping the small pony would buy it. Luckily for him, she did.

“Whatever, more for mah’ self!” she took the sandwich from his hands and began eating, seeing as she already finished her own.

“So” she spoke between bites,

“You’re ah’ interestin’ fella’, who are ya?”

The Sniper thought for a moment, he really shouldn't be giving out information like its nothing, but she just a kid anyway. What's he gonna do, tell her “Sorry, that information is classified”? That would certainly make things uncomfortable for the both of them. So, he decided to go with an easy, but true cop-out.

“Well, I’m just a guy passing through, nothing really.”

Perfect.

“If you’re just ‘passin through’ then whats up wit’ that there shaggy, leafy thin’ yaa warin’?Am pretty sure no pony would wear THAT thin.”

Uh oh. Play it cool.

“It’s my, umm..Cloak of Invisibility!” Yet another semi-truth pulled straight out from his ass.

“REALLY? Thats so COOL!” Applebloom stared wide eyed at the man.

“How does’ it work?” she asked excitedly.

He thought for a second, feeling around in his ‘bag of bullshit’ for more answers.

“Magic.” he finally said jokingly, hoping she would become disinterested.

“What kind of magic?”

And just like that, the thing he pulled out of his ass, came back and bit him where it came from.

“Well...thats a story for another time, how about we move on?” He desperately tried to divert the conversation.

“Ok, so back to the orginal’ questin’ Who are ya, I mean you already told me ya ‘just passin trhough’, but you gotta’ have ah name.”

Damm, she was persistent little bugger. He desperately needed to think of a name common to the ones native to the land. Thinking back, he did hear a conversation between two ponies on the trail by his camp, one referred to himself as ‘Sky High’, he decided that would be the best cover for him at the moment.

“It’s Sky High, Mr.High if you want to be formal.”

“Thats strange, ya’seem ta’ share tha’ same name with mah’ mail-pony, who is DR.High by tha’ way, he got his doctorate-thingy while study’n fog formations at our farm hills, mah family and i went to his graduation.”

Shit.

“Well Dr.High, or shall ah’ say, O’Ghranson!” she yelped in victory. His eyes widened in shock as he realized what happened and quickly looked down at his ACU, he could see that the Ghillie Suit did not conceal his name tag, for it was out in the open for display.The final pawn had fallen a long time ago, and now the small filly had conquered the board by taking out The Sniper’s king. Check-mate.

“Clever kid, I gotta hand it to ya” he chuckled in defeat. She smiled at him in smug victory.

“So now that ah’ know your name, and you know mine, assuming you were here when when mah friends called me by my name.”

He raised an eyebrow.

“After ya...killed those no good murders, I got a good look at ya, and ah’ saw that yer’ boot print also matches tha’ one by the window.” she motioned toward it.

He turned slightly to see that, indeed, there was a clearly defined boot print by the window sill.

“So its only safe to assume that yall’ were in here, eating those apples,” She pointed to the now, browning apple cores left on the floor. “before ah’ got inside, and somehow, got out before ah’ could see ya’, most likely through tha window there. So it’s likely ya heard my name being called before ah’ got in.” She sat back and crossed her forehoofs together, putting on a smug face.

He could only stare at her with an amused, yet stupid look of shock clearly evident on his face.


"Holyshit! this kid’s situational awareness would rival or even outperform some on-field intelligence officers back home."

he put a hand on his neck and let out a long whistle.

“You’re smarter than you seem to be letting on, kid.”

“Yeah..mah’ granny and sis always said that I was one of tha” smartest youngsters’ they ever seen, beside mah’ brother of course, but he’s ah’ adult now.” She blushed slightly, giving her look the cutest complexion The Sniper had ever seen.

“But ah wasn't always use’in mah’ noodle like now-ah’days. After those crazy marauders began steal’n stuff from our barn and sheds, we had tah’ be on tha’ look out in order to stop or pravent’ the thievery.”

“Marauders?” he asked,“Like those scumbags?” He pointed his thumb to the carnage outside the window.

She nodded in agreement. “I hate’em, they once almost attack mah’ granny as she was out singing to the pumpkins last year. Thankfully, Big Mac was there ta’ save her from those psychos.”

hmm...maybe that's why she was so nonchalant about that fact I killed those fuckers. They obviously had, and continue to pose a threat to her home and her family.

The Sniper turned his head to the window, seeing as it was getting close to dusk, he would have go to get back to his camp before sunset. However, the multiple amount of dead bodies that currently lay outside the clubhouse was a problem he had to deal with. Or rather they, had to deal with.

“Hey kid, you wanna help me take care of those meat bags outside?” He asked with a smirk.

“Whats in it for me?” She asked jokingly.

The man leaned in closer and almost whispered to her,

“You get to touch ah’ dead guy.”

“Awesome!” She laughed, “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS BODY DISPOSER, YAY!” fist pumping into the air.

Chuckling whilst shaking his head, he got up and ruffled her hair. Before long, the two began the long and gradual process of dragging, hauling, and throwing the bodies into a river nearby.
__________________________________________________________________________

“This doesn't go down stream into Ponyville right?” he asked as he prepared to fling the last of the corpses into the river.

Applebloom sat there for a moment thinking.

“Nah.” she said, waving her hoof dismissively.

*yawn* “I’m gettin’ ah’ little tired, ah’ should start to head home soon.” Her eyes half lidded as she spoke, her legs where becoming a bit wobbly as time passed. Noticing this, The Sniper raised an eyebrow,

“Want me to carry you?”

“Mmm-Hmm” She drowsily nodded while putting her arms up in a cute baby-like fashion.

The man effortlessly plucked her up from the ground and put her in his arms, carrying her like a newborn, she instantly melted into his hold and began snoring within seconds. If it weren't for The Snipers “Impenetrable,spiky,cold, killer’s heart” He would have been having a massive coronary rupture, right in the feels...

..which was currently happening now.

He walked little Applebloom home while she snuggled deeper into his arms, trying to avoid the coolness of the late summer night.

Author's Note:

I got a feeling we might be seeing this cool and crazy (and cute) Applebloom in the near future. Most likely in longer chapters, which I guarantee in the future. (sorry guys, schools a bitch)

Anyways, I hope you guys liked the chapter.

Seeya!

/)